::Round 2::
gtp.jpg

Honda NSX Type R '02
High Speed Ring
6th January - 13th January

EYSII2.jpg

f2007.jpg

Open To All Racers

Event Closes Wednesday 13th January 23:59(GMT)
Replay deadline is Friday 15th January 23:59(GMT)

Please read all of the first post

Race Details:
Mode: Arcade: Time trial
Game Spec: Spec III
Physics: Professional
Track: High Speed Ring
Car: Honda NSX Type R '02

Rules:
* Lap must be clean, No wall touches, 2 wheels on track at all times.(concrete area's and all hard underground is considered part of the track)
* G25 clutch is Prohibited
* Driving aids are optional
* Standard OLR rules
* No Handbrake allowed
* Runs can be done online of offline

Save your best lap replay, everyone will need to submit there replay at the end of each round for verification.(replays will need to be posted (as soon as possible) within 48 hours after deadline, replays are to be posted in this thread.)

Standard Clean OLR:
* 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
* rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
* no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
* if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
* no cheating of any kind, nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.
(This includes conduct in the discussion thread. Administrators of this series reserve the right to suspend or expel racers from this race or series if these guidelines are breached - think before you post)
* save your best lap/ghost replay

Submitting:
* Submit to Mad94d through GTPlanet private message.
* You need to include your lap time and your psn username.
* You can only submit your time once.
* The Deadline is 23:59(GMT) 13th January
* Replay deadline is 23:59(GMT) 15th January
* Replay is to be posted in the thread. format example: Mad94d-1.47.665.zip
* if you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Time Verification:

* Save your ghost replay.
* All Racers will be required to post their replay in this thread, before 48 hours
after race finish time.
* failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results.
* If you unsure of how to submit a replay, see this page.

1st - 15
2nd - 10
3rd - 9
4th - 8
5th - 7
6th - 6
7th - 5
8th - 4
9th - 3
10th - 2
11th - 1

The points system will work as follows...
There will be 2 divisions, each class will get these points. There will be 2 class championships where you will have the oppurtunity to win in your class. But also, there will be an overall championship. The same points will be awarded.

Example:
Division 1 drivers gets 15 points
Division 2 driver gets 15 points

Both will be leading there class, but in the overall championship, both drivers will be equal on points.

Online Rankings
<-- Click

Divisions
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=123472

If I've left anything out or if you have any questions, just post and Mad94d will answer.
Good Luck Everyone! 👍 👍

Last edited:
Besides p1 and p2 (FAK and Struppi) the top 20 is pretty tight, less than .3 from p3 to p20. Should be another one that will come down to thousandths 👍

To be fair, I have no recollection of doing this combo :lol: Hopefully I didn't put much effort towards it and I can improve... a lot! because I am sure a 1"15.7 won't cut it with alll the UFO activity going on these days.

Good Luck Fellas!

p.s.- I can't wait for the wall riding accusations to start flying!

Nice combo. I have a question regarding the deadlines though, shouldn't Jan 13th be Wednesday and Jan 15th be Friday?

Phew, looks much more easy for a learning driver than the Viper-Suzuka combo. Good job Mad 👍.

Seems I've already done a time for this combo, though I don't really remember doing it :lol:

Nice work Mad.

You gotta love a combo where you improve your best lap by 0.03 seconds and move up two spots :lol:

I think a 1'15.5 is do-able for me, but .2 at HSR is a lifetime!

Since this is not EYE; I think going into turn 1 in the middle of the track will produce faster laps than going on the outside. I might be wrong, but I could gain a full car length on my ghost before turn 2.

edit- So I downloaded Struppi's ghost. I had a good lap going but I blew the last turn by sliding sideways then nudging the wall, and out of frustration I just gunned it. Sure enough, a new personal best despite the sloppy last turn. Next lap I set a new pb by 0.001, all while not touching the rumble strips in the last turn until the corner exit.

Last edited:
Oh good, I'm in the mood for some high revving mid-engined Japanese V6 sports car.:sly:

👍 I think I got 0.015 left in my tank :lol:
lol. Thats probably the difference from me holding 4th gear all the way to 9000rpm over the line to save a gear change.Lol. Definetly not the best way to start a new lap. I have found getting a good run out of the last corner and shifting from 4th into 5th gear at 7800rpm yeilds more speed over the line. On the other hand it seems to be quicker to shift into 4th at 8200-8300 rpm in the tunnel before T2. 👍

Phew, looks much more easy for a learning driver than the Viper-Suzuka combo. Good job Mad 👍.

Don't you belive it, this is a tough combo!!!!! I've had a go at this before in the race of decades so at least I'm not learning from scratch. It is very frustrating however as it is such a long lap so if you mess up it's incredibly infuriating. Not only that, re-start puts you in a ridiculous place so you have to do a lap just to build up speed.

Going to have a go over the weekend, all I need to do then is remember to submit this time :dunce:

Not only that, re-start puts you in a ridiculous place so you have to do a lap just to build up speed.

When you restart, just do a U-turn and go back to about the pit entry. That will get you up to 4th, and 136+mph at the line 👍

Good Luck!

On the board with 1'15.759, on a perfect lap I could maybe match Steven's current time, but watching his ghost I believe him when he says he has room for improvement, especially at turn 2.👍 Whether or not I have the time or desire to chase that perfect lap though remains to be seen.:sly:

Even though I hate hondas, I love this one. Nice car / track combo. Aiming to get into the 1'15 👍
First try for me this round, I was busy playing GT4. :sly:

I was wondering, what will happen if GT5 gets out during the EYS ?

12 rounds, not as many as last time. So hopefully EYS finishes before GT5 is released.

It wouldn't surprise me if EYS III finishes before GT5 is released gents. :)

And wouldn't you know Paulie arrives and puts up a time which I won't touch - given his recent promotion to Div 1, can we at least agree that should he win the first 3 or 4 events in Div 2 here that he should be moved up in this EYS 2 competition? :lol:

Despite having a T1 that was +0.030 seconds over my previous best lap, my T2 split was -0.070 seconds below my last time. Then, I had a decent T3 that left me with a 1'15.594, currently P3 👍

I doubt I can go faster in T2, but another 0.050 is there in T1 and if I could match Devie's last turn I might manage a 15.4, but I don't think that will happen :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me if EYS III finishes before GT5 is released gents. :)

And wouldn't you know Paulie arrives and puts up a time which I won't touch - given his recent promotion to Div 1, can we at least agree that should he win the first 3 or 4 events in Div 2 here that he should be moved up in this EYS 2 competition? :lol:

Drift *cough* rounds *cough*.

Yeah a Div one in EYS Div two is a bit Suss.

Annnnyways - onto todays topic - I'm finding zero motivation to do this. I've popped a few laps, haven't cracked the top 100 and been too busy with my new laptop, as well as getting back into Enthusia.

I'll try to do more the next two days.

I was in D2 when it started......

But do what you like, but it kinda messes up the points already given.

I was in D2 when it started......

But do what you like, but it kinda messes up the points already given.

Actually, Ren is in EYS Div 2 and he is a Div 1 driver so there is company for you. Eh, I keep forgetting this is more about improving than winning so I have no issue with you staying in EYS Div 2. Let's see if this exercise gives me the ability to join you in Div 1 Bronze in the next 2 months or so. I don't think I've ever put up a time in WRS that bested a Div 1 driver so that's why I'm thinking I'm a good 6 months from getting another Registry promotion. We'll see.

Currently you don't need to worry about me in any case. I scored 0 points in round one due to forgetting to submit (and even if so I wouldn't have won Div2 either! I sucked with the boat of Viper in the qualifier despite trying hard which put me in D2, besides that I get beat by various D2 drivers in WRS regularly, so no big deal IMO). To continue: I passionatly HATE the HSR, so there won't be a time from me this round either :guilty:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back