Enhance Your Skills II - Round 2

• Thread starter Mad94d
  • 69 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to submit my time there until I realised I had until Wednesday to improve, I've managed to get a 1.16.390 so far and think that I may be able to get a couiple more tenths off it.

I've found a bit more speed by changing up to 6th gear as I get to the top of the track after exiting the first corner (just as my right tyres brush the kerb), my apex speed is 155mph and by the time I get to my braking zone for the next corner I've seen a 158 pop up.

The aliens are maybe carrying a bit more speed, but this advice may help others :)

Last edited:
1'15.650, can maybe do a 1'15.4xx.

Were is everyone!! about 7 of the top 10 are out!... still playing the demo i guess.

Although the .594 set by the american is a pretty good lap.

1'15.650, can maybe do a 1'15.4xx.

Were is everyone!! about 7 of the top 10 are out!... still playing the demo i guess.

Although the .594 set by the american is a pretty good lap.

Yeah I'm not really playing GT all together, just can't get the motivation to play it. I'm happy to run the Competition without entering myself, but honestly I need something new like GT5 for PS3 that'll keep me playing.

Time submitted, replay coming soon.

Oh and I just saw the news on the front page, the EYS series WILL finish before GT5 eventually comes out. :sly:

Time submitted - a foot injury kept me from doing anymore runs since last Friday but I'm sure I couldn't have caught Paulie's time. I did meet my goal of a sub 1'16 which came after watching DEVIE and EERS replays - overall, I think I enhanced my skills with this and I thought I was always fairly good at HSR.

Replay to follow. Good luck everyone!

Time submitted, replay to follow :)

I didn't manage to improve my time in the end, got carried away with the GT Academy time trial.

Good luck everyone

:cheers:

Attachments

• GTP_MaxAttack EYS II Round 2.zip
    106.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Absolutly gutted to lose it by 0.009! 1 hour from the deadline i was on for retaking first nailed the entire lap and last corner and then under the moment lost consentration and went off into the wall while exiting the final corner.:grumpy:

Hahahahah - oooohhh dear.

Got my game on last night for half an hour - was making good progress before and then a lightning storm showed up and I had to turn off.

Then when I went to get my time of the rankings site, I remembered that I wasn't in the top 100, so I couldn't get it anyways.

RAGE!

I promise I'll get some points on the board soon.

I did a quick run but i wasnt happy so i thought: "Ill make a better run in a few days!" Wrong!! Didnt had much time lately... No saved replay:nervous:!

Here's my replay, reasonably pleased since it was only one night's worth. Didn't really do much skills enhancing this week, when I watched DEVIE's ghost it was pretty much all the same lines and speeds as I was already doing, except entry speed to turn 2.

Attachments

• GTP_Paulie-1'15.759.zip
    122.7 KB · Views: 10
Well done Paulie nice time 👍

Unfortunately didn't have time to improve my lap,but a very enjoyable combo.
Thanks Mad 👍
Here is my replay:

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    102.5 KB · Views: 11
Well done Paulie nice time 👍

Unfortunately didn't have time to improve my lap,but a very enjoyable combo.
Thanks Mad 👍
Here is my replay:

Thanks.:) Your attachment is not in the correct naming format btw.;) I'm sure they'll let it slide.:lol:

Mt embarassingly slow replay :nervous:

Attachments

• GTP_DGiant2000_1'16.830.zip
    105.4 KB · Views: 8
I will be away all of next week and a bit after so therefore AUSnicko9 will be posting Round 4 for me. I will do the results for this round tomorrow. :)

I will be away all of next week and a bit after so therefore AUSnicko9 will be posting Round 4 for me. I will do the results for this round tomorrow. :)

Thanks Mad, great job you're doing helping to keep us all interested in prologue! 👍

Thanks Mad, great job you're doing helping to keep us all interested in prologue! 👍

Glad i'm keeping you interested. I can't keep myself interested interestingly enough. :lol: But i'm happy to run the competition. When GT5 comes out I will run it again, but obviously better due to more features, and generally more interest again. :)

Almost forgot to post this - here is my PAL replay - I'll check some shortly.

Attachments

• EYSII-R2_GTP_LinPark_1'15-982.zip
    104.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Exellent combo there Mad. 👍 I must admit it did take me a while to get use to it. The 1st session I had, (20/30 laps) it was abit hard getting into the 1'15s. Studied a couple of replays & finally got some rhythm going. Overall I'm happy with the best lap I've done but can't stop wondering that I messed up the last corner abit. Think I lost about nearly a tenth on that part considering past laps where I've really nailed that corner. Complacency probably got the best of me after seeing that last sector time.

Well done to the others who managed to get a time in. Heres my replay & looking forward to the next rounds.:)

Attachments

• Sinibomb - 1'15'532.zip
    104.2 KB · Views: 8
Checked the following:

GTP_MaximumAttack
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_Paulie
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_DEVIE
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_FOX
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_DGiant2000
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_Worst_Driver
gflagjn4.gif

sinibomb
gflagjn4.gif

Black seemed to be the color of choice this week - some very nice laps here - really wish some of the other aliens had competed though - I would have liked to have seen if a faster lap was possible WITHOUT any wheelspin. Also kind of sad that out of almost 30 contestants, less than 10 participated. 👎

Checked the following:

GTP_MaximumAttack
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_Paulie
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_DEVIE
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_FOX
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_DGiant2000
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_Worst_Driver
gflagjn4.gif

sinibomb
gflagjn4.gif

Black seemed to be the color of choice this week - some very nice laps here - really wish some of the other aliens had competed though - I would have liked to have seen if a faster lap was possible WITHOUT any wheelspin. Also kind of sad that out of almost 30 contestants, less than 10 participated. 👎

Thanks for checking Lin :cheers: Glad I remembered to submit this week, I might claw some points back!

I lost my thumb drive. :dunce: If it doesn't show up in the next few days I'll head on down to Wally World and buy another $20 piece of magical plastic. :dopey:

Checked the following:

GTP_MaximumAttack
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_Paulie
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_DEVIE
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_FOX
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_DGiant2000
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_Worst_Driver
gflagjn4.gif

sinibomb
gflagjn4.gif

Thanks Lin, but my car was purple.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back