Enthusia's Sequel Thread

• Thread starter NSX-R
  • 49 comments
You can post what you want from the sequel, if there will be one...

This is for me:

Aero parts: Not "Jucied" showy, Not "Underground" wild, but something like from Kaido battle.

Decals: NOT FLAMES! However like sponsors, such as HKS, etc.

Visual Improvements: In Enthusia, if you lower the car, there is no visual change, hope that gets fixed.

Even better physics: Yes, even better one!

More Detailed Tunning Features: Really tune your car, like in GT.

More tracks: That goes for any kind of track. Real life tracks, mountain roads, etc.

More Cars: No explaination for this one as we all know it.

Better Game Structure: Better implimented game structure, one that makes more sense and still remains competetive.

Online: Online competetion would be wonderfull.

That would be all. This is a lot to ask for, but if they would even consider to make a sequel, I would be happy!

If I boiled down my wishlist to the minimum things Konami would have to do to make me happy, it would be this:

- Keep the physics just as realistic, if not more realistic.
- Keep the E30 M3 :D
- More real tracks; both racecourses and public (mountain) roads
- Online play

The things that are high on my list, but not mandatory:

- Real tuning
- More cars; especially non-Japanese ones; especially European ones. More "ordinary" cars like GT4 would be nice.
- Improvement of the physics/accuracy; cars currently can't flip over, and acceleration times are somewhat off for many cars. Tire choices, pressure, wear and temperature would be nice.

The things that I would like to see, but wouldn't complain about if absent:

- Pit stops
- Random weather, more variety in times of day, and the passage of time in races.
- Dashboard view for all of the cars; if Konami could somehow pull that off.
- Visual modifications, with as wide a range of choices as plausible, to appeal to the masses.
- Better game structure, as NSX-R said.
- Every M car BMW has ever made :D
- My car. :lol:
- Traffic on public streets/roads.
- Accurate visual and physical damage.

That's all I can think of at the moment... :)

With the PS3, no doubt all those and more will be possible.
👍

I would personally like more tracks(downloadable for even more), circuits, free roaming tracks(for rallying), and for a change city tracks with traffic.

It will be cool driving in the city with somewhat accurate physics because all those Underground boys won't be able to master this game, which makes it cool! :sly:

And oh...damage.

-Remove in-game ads (they really ruined the Burger course)
-Cockpit views
-Analogue clutch, H-plate and analogue handbrake
-F355 and F355 Challenge
-Better engine noises (look to PGR3!)
-Better tracks - most of the ones in the original suck, the other ones are excellent

TsLeng
It will be cool driving in the city with somewhat accurate physics because all those Underground boys won't be able to master this game, which makes it cool! :sly:

I've always wanted to do arcade-style racing like in games like Underground, but with realistic physics, like in Enthusia.... :dopey:

Tortus
-Better engine noises (look to PGR3!)

How can you be disappointed with the sounds the game already has...? Sure, they're too quiet (separate volume levels for the engine noise, other car noises, etc. would be a good addition), but they're very accurate....just try turning the music off, going to Airport Square in Time Attack mode, cranking up the volume on your TV, and listening to the idling/revving of several different kinds of cars... :drool:

For a couple of examples, the 787B idles and revs just like in the sound clips and videos I've heard, and the E30 M3 sounds just like my E30 at idle...(valvetrain chatter)

Wolfe2x7
I've always wanted to do arcade-style racing like in games like Underground, but with realistic physics, like in Enthusia.... :dopey:

Amen to that, my bro!

Aways LOVED NFS series, old ones, not the underground ones. The old ones give you the experience you've never experienced... million dollar cars like beast released on the street, tearing through the traffic... oh mama!

As long as the traffic is not THAT thick, I will be estatic...

Less cars actually. Give me less cars with more detail (i.e., cockpit views). In cockpit view, i wanna see the car's interior in the rearview mirror. Let me be able to flip the cars if the right situtation happens.

The only racing game i need next gen is Enthusia 2.

NSX-R
Amen to that, my bro!

Aways LOVED NFS series, old ones, not the underground ones. The old ones give you the experience you've never experienced... million dollar cars like beast released on the street, tearing through the traffic... oh mama!

As long as the traffic is not THAT thick, I will be estatic...

Yeah, I liked the Hot pursuit NFS series too. At least they had proper cars and different characteristics. NFS 2 was nice too(one of the best PC games i played last time)

Unlike the underground series. How can a civic be nearly as fast as a skyline ?:yuck:

Bear with me on this one, I've had a neat little idea of a bit, and at first it'll sound silly but lemme explain.

Enthusia: Street Racing

No, not Need For Speed Style sillyness, no crazy vynils or supid bodykits wit da underglow dawg.

I mean raw racing, same realism in the physics engine, mostly alll the improvements that NSX R and Wolfe mentioned, but also, just straight up street courses, and like, traffic.

That would make an intresting twist in racing. Having so many uncontrolled variables makes racing a much more intresting endeavor.

Picture it:
A white nissan Skyline GTR blazes down the street, in hot persuit of a corvette, they're climbing towards the finish, and the GTR goes for the pass.
But the light turns red and a small sedan pulls into the intersection.
The GTR's race is over, his glory smashed to twisted metal and broken glass. And the Vette crosses the finish.

A comprehensive CARpg would be cool too, but that's a wholenother thing...

I wouldn't say street racing is retarded...I think Monaco is a cool track. ;)

Anyway, endangering innocent people's lives is what's retarded. Playing a video game doesn't do that. :)

No, not Need For Speed Style sillyness, no crazy vynils or supid bodykits

That seems to be the biggest feature right behine online play in Forza. Look how large the thread is for painting cars.

I do want thes features in every game, personlizing my car that is. Slapping on rims isnt always cool. Changing the color and adding decals is. Look at D1 or Formula D. The cars have their own visual personallity, thats what i want as an option for those of us who enjoy it.

so basicly the same stuff we want in gt5 is what we want in enthusia2 :P they've already given us a manual clutch so i guess with inputs its 1 step ahead of gt4.

Has anyone here found info on Enthusia's possible sequel? I've been searching the web about it, but without any luck.

My optimism says that Konami will not throw away the know-how they gathered while making Enthusia, so the sequel is certain. And that the absolute lack of news is just because they want to keep again the low profile they have kept about Enthusia (almost no one knew about this game a few weeks before it was released), but we will have it any how. Possibly they are even trying to release it with the release of the PS3, this time having the advantage of anticipation towards PD and GT5, dues to be released only in 2007 (and that's my optimism going over the top :) ).

But I have a pessimist side. I don't know the sales figures of EPR, but I guess they aren't as great as they should be (because this game deserves it). So, and considering the great investment Konami put into it, I guess the numbers about EPR must be in the red column. And this could make Konami put their efforts elsewhere, pouring money into other more successful games, such as PES 6 and others.

What do you think?

- New wheel package with operational clutch and "H" shifter. (5 speed option).
- Spa Francochamps
- La Sarthe
- Hockenheim
- 10+ opponents per race.
- multiple class races ala LeMans.
- visible damage, aerodynamic and steering damage to performance.
- pitting, fuel consumption, tire wear
- streamline Life mode. Too much data, too many screens to "X" through.
- Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo
- Time Travel Mode : Drive a Porsche 917 in the '72 LeMans.
- Time Travel Mode : Drive a Tyrell 6-wheeler in the '76 Canadian GP.
- Time Travel Mode : you get the idea. Great eras of racing relived.

Hun200kmh
Has anyone here found info on Enthusia's possible sequel? I've been searching the web about it, but without any luck.

My optimism says that Konami will not throw away the know-how they gathered while making Enthusia, so the sequel is certain. And that the absolute lack of news is just because they want to keep again the low profile they have kept about Enthusia (almost no one knew about this game a few weeks before it was released), but we will have it any how. Possibly they are even trying to release it with the release of the PS3, this time having the advantage of anticipation towards PD and GT5, dues to be released only in 2007 (and that's my optimism going over the top :) ).

But I have a pessimist side. I don't know the sales figures of EPR, but I guess they aren't as great as they should be (because this game deserves it). So, and considering the great investment Konami put into it, I guess the numbers about EPR must be in the red column. And this could make Konami put their efforts elsewhere, pouring money into other more successful games, such as PES 6 and others.

What do you think?

Despite all my hopes, I'm afraid that the lack of sales and bad reviews by game rating sites can be discouraging for Konami.

MDT
- New wheel package with operational clutch and "H" shifter. (5 speed option).
- Spa Francochamps
- La Sarthe
- Hockenheim
- 10+ opponents per race.
- multiple class races ala LeMans.
- visible damage, aerodynamic and steering damage to performance.
- pitting, fuel consumption, tire wear
- streamline Life mode. Too much data, too many screens to "X" through.
- Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo
- Time Travel Mode : Drive a Porsche 917 in the '72 LeMans.
- Time Travel Mode : Drive a Tyrell 6-wheeler in the '76 Canadian GP.
- Time Travel Mode : you get the idea. Great eras of racing relived.
I remember doing the races in SegaGT where you would go back in time...those were awesome... :)

I'd love to see a "cone placement" mode for the airport so you could set up your own little autocross course on it. Plus possibly some default cone placements so you could compare times. Oughta be a dirt simple feature to implement and good fun to use. (Know you have a meeting coming up? Set it up at home & practice! :D)

Of course, even more physics tweaks and more real tracks wouldn't hurt either. I'd especially love to see more mountain tracks like Dragon Range too.

And finally, I'd like the wind noise to be a little louder and the difference in wind noise when you're in a draft to be more pronounced. That's about the only thing I seriously miss from GT4.

Well, my wish is for EPR2 to hit PS3 while retaining compatibility with the DFP :) That's the most important thing I believe. Next would be more realistic clutch, more real life locations, more mountain/night courses, realistic day/night transitions for endurance races, weather and customizations.

Keep all the current cars and tracks and add more including:
Honda Del Sol
BMW M3 E36
Ferrari, Lamborghini and Maserati models
and
Monza, Monaco and more tracks similar to Dragon Range

3D motion captured marshals (with the flags), and spectators.
Choice for convertible cars with top up or down.
Better game structure with the cars and tracks actually being unlocked in Enthusia Life. Keeping Driving Revolution simply for training drivers.
A better intro video, the current one is weird and not very impressive.

Not interested in things like:
cockpit (I'll spend my time looking at the road not the cockpit)
wing (unless they come with the bodykit), decal, vinyl
free roam and traffic
damage, pit stops (I like the arcade feel of Enthusia, for ultra realism I'll play GT5)

More cars
More BMW's
More Mazda's
Ferrari's would be nice
More tuning of the physics engine (such a great place to start, couple tweaks and it could be the ultimate)
Ride Height changes being visible
Option to turn lights on/off, tops up/down, etc.
Analog Clutch support
H-Gate shifter support (if possible, hopefully DFP2 will have that and clutch, if so, I'll buy it first day)
fast forward/rewind/slow motion options during replays
More AI tweaks (such a good start though)
Spa Franchorchamps
Monza
Laguna Seca
Mid-Ohio
Cone Placement/Autocross
More Touge Tracks
Track Editor (droooool)
A "Physics Slider" would be nice, to give the game more widestream appeal, let newbies turn the physics down some, let those of us who want it full sim turn it up to 11.
More tuning options would be awesome, the leveling idea is neat, but it would be cool to implement that, and have the game do "optimum" upgrades for you, but still let you pick and choose what you want if you want.
Oh, take GT4's car and track list and just dupe it, plus keep the cars EPR has only
Better high speed/R-Class tire physics
Nurburgring Graffiti
Variable Weather
Wind
Better Wind Rush/Drafting effect
Keep the "life flashing before your eyes" bit
Damage would be sweet, again with a slider so you can turn it on or off, a la Forza, but with the option to go full on, broken tie rod, wheel flies off into the stands, or bumper cars
Better tire smoke

Mostly though, I just want a sequel, and will buy it even if it's just a GT3-GT4 style freshening.

Onikaze
More cars
More BMW's
More Mazda's
Ferrari's would be nice
More tuning of the physics engine (such a great place to start, couple tweaks and it could be the ultimate)
Ride Height changes being visible
Option to turn lights on/off, tops up/down, etc.
Analog Clutch support
H-Gate shifter support (if possible, hopefully DFP2 will have that and clutch, if so, I'll buy it first day)
fast forward/rewind/slow motion options during replays
More AI tweaks (such a good start though)
Spa Franchorchamps
Monza
Laguna Seca
Mid-Ohio
Cone Placement/Autocross
More Touge Tracks
Track Editor (droooool)
A "Physics Slider" would be nice, to give the game more widestream appeal, let newbies turn the physics down some, let those of us who want it full sim turn it up to 11.
More tuning options would be awesome, the leveling idea is neat, but it would be cool to implement that, and have the game do "optimum" upgrades for you, but still let you pick and choose what you want if you want.
Oh, take GT4's car and track list and just dupe it, plus keep the cars EPR has only
Better high speed/R-Class tire physics
Nurburgring Graffiti
Variable Weather
Wind
Better Wind Rush/Drafting effect
Keep the "life flashing before your eyes" bit
Damage would be sweet, again with a slider so you can turn it on or off, a la Forza, but with the option to go full on, broken tie rod, wheel flies off into the stands, or bumper cars
Better tire smoke

Mostly though, I just want a sequel, and will buy it even if it's just a GT3-GT4 style freshening.

Damn fine list that one, the only thing I can think to add would be some actual surface detail to the tracks, at present they are all too smooth and perfect (no road in London is as good as the surface on the Victoria Gardens track.

But this bit "Mostly though, I just want a sequel, and will buy it even if it's just a GT3-GT4 style freshening." I would agree with more than anything else.

Regards

Scaff

Oh and Castle Coombe circuit ('cos its my local track) and the Mount Panarama Bathurst track as well.

Onikaze
Keep the "life flashing before your eyes" bit.

Good post mate, can you tell me what "life flashing before your eyes" is because I don't think I know what you mean.

Wow, that's lot of great ideas for Konami if they were to make a sequel. A hybrid of features from this thread would make an excellent driving game.👍

Life Flashing Before your Eyes=Drive on Lowenseering reverse, do about 150 down the straight and forget about the left-right downhill kink, get on the grass, overcorrect, wind up going sideways downhill at about 130 mph, as you're about to hit the wall, it sssslllloooowwwwssss down, then BAM! White flash, ringing in your ears type sound, then it recovers and you try to get back on course, pulse pounding in your ears first time it happens.

Seriously, I went around telling people I had just died in a Corvette in a video game.

Love the effect, dunno if it's just first person view or not though. Oh, I would love a in car/dashboard view, if possible, and widescreen HD support too!

Cobra_UK
Good post mate, can you tell me what "life flashing before your eyes" is because I don't think I know what you mean.

hmmm ... do this:

a) get a fast accelerating car, with great top speed;

b) stop it at the beggining of a long straight, that ends with a 90º corner;

c) make sure you have a wall facing you at the end of the straight;

d) accelerate as much as you can, and pretend in the end of the straight that you suddenly discovered you don't have any brakes;

e) prepare to die smashed on the wall;

f) see "life flash before your eyes"

:D

Hey, Onikaze, I had to pick a phone call before posting and you just killed the suspense I was trying to build here!!!

:sly:

I've tested it out before, and I believe that you only need to be going ~55mph or faster for your life to flash before your eyes, and need to be facing the wall at a fairly steep angle (not sure what). :)

Heh, great. I'll try it tonight when I get home.

I think little touches like this are what make a game fun.:)

Sometimes games like GT take themselves so seriously they forget about the fun aspect. I'd rather see beautiful droplets of water on my screen that move up on the windscreen at speed as a gimmick. I prefer that to cleaning the car or changing the oil. Realism doesn't always equal fun.

Back