Enthusia's Sequel Thread

• Thread starter NSX-R
  • 49 comments
It would be nice to burn a ring, or spin a bearing and have to pay for a rebuild as opposed to losing 15 hp.

Maybe on the PS3, maybe GT5 will fix the physics engine, have full on damage, and I can go back to being a fan of the series...who knows.

You see that's what I mean. You guys like the aspect of simulating deterioration of car parts, damage, replacing fluids, cleaning the car, changing the tyres, how much fuel goes in the car, replacing the engine, even changing the drive train and god knows what else.

When I had a lot of time on my hands I use to have wet dreams like you guys for such in-depth simulations. Now, with a family to support, expensive hobbies like sports cars and a demanding job I don't have time to play GT type of games for hours on end. Games like Enthusia are much more my thing now. Enthusa has a better and more realistic driving feel, with dynamic weather and lighting, skidmarks and plenty of other little goodies GT lacks (not to mention 2 player replays that look amazing and I can actually save). But, Ehntusia does not have the depth of the GT games which to be honest leaves me cold nowadays.

There is a point where simulated realism starts to get in the way of fun. For me GT has gone past that point. Of course everyone has different tastes and I'm sure the next GT will satisfy your needs.:)

To each his own, I guess ...

You know what kind of game I would really, really like? it would be something like this:

a) The graphics and road detail of GT4;

b) The physics and sound of Enthusia;

c) All this in a sequel to "LM24H"

meaning ... I am an endurance races fan. And I really like races where you have lots of traffic, strategy, pits, tyre wear, fuel consumption, and ... you don't know if you're gonna win until the end.

It is easy to name my three most memorable gaming moments of all time. And they all come from races like what I described above:

The first was my first win at the "Indy 500" game, from Papyrus, back in the middle 80's (omg, it's 20 years ago ... :crazy: ) a game that had to come in two 5,25 inches diskettes, because its files occupied almost ... 1MB (I bet most of the users of these forums never heard of this game, or have actually seen these diskettes). It was a cruel game, that didn't allow midrace saves or to turn off car damage (GP1, later, was the first racing name I played where you could save in the middle of a race), but had surprinsingly fine tuning (camber, tyre pressure, front and rear adjustable downforce, different compounds of tyres), pitstops and the cars really changed their behaviour, during each stint. It still amazes me how could all that fit in about 800k.

The other two great memories come from just three/four years ago, in the 24HLM game for the PS2. One from my first try of the full 24 hours race (one stint per night, this game allows midrace saves), where I, in the yellow Audi, had to fight the black and red ones up until the last lap. One more and I would lose it.

(by that time I was with orange tyres, almost no fuel and losing about 4 seconds a lap ... I had gained a slight advantage during the night because of rain between 2:00 and 6:00 AM and because of my better adjustment of the tyre/fuel strategy in those conditions)

The other from the 10 hours race at Road Atlanta. I was using a Panoz and I battled the AI front runners (two mclarens, IIRC) until the end, when I realized that, although I had fuel enough just to finish, my tyres were going off fast. So, (I was in 3rd, barely in touch with them), I pitted and chose "NO" refueling, just tyre changing. I won, because they refueled :D

Ok, back on topic, I want Konami guys, or PD guys (my hopes about Atari/Melbourne House faded after 5 years of waiting for a fresh "Le Mans 2"), to implement proper endurance races (the ones in GT4 are a joke), with at least:

20 cars on track
dynamic weather
day/night cycles

To make myself delighted, they should include race lineups form the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. I want to drive a Jaguar D and a Ferrari GTO under heavy rain, overtake a Ford GT40 with a Ferrari 512, overtake them both with a Porsche 917, I want to try my chances with a Rondeau, drive flat out with the Lancia and the Porsche 935, the Porsche 956/962, and so on ... I guess you've got the picture by now.

But please, I have a life, so midrace saves are absolutely needed. And don't give me any B-Spec, because it's either me driving or nothing.

I guess I'm asking Konami guys (assuming they read this forum, which they should do) a lot, and I know this wouldn't be a sequel to EPR, but maybe they could do EPER (Enthusia Professional Endurance Racing) ? :D

I really dislike the Gran Turismo series' car deterioration simulation. :indiff:

Forcing someone to sell one of their beloved old cars and start all over again with a new one (you're S.O.L. on a win-it-once car) because of a permanent HP-loss?

Adding chassis flexibility and sloppy, worn-out chassis' on older cars, when a large, large number of other, more common and short-term flaws are left unsimulated?

Forcing a player to shop for used cars in a world where no one other than the player knows to give a car oil changes, and where every car has a tired, sloppy chassis?

C'mon, PD, those things aren't fun, they're just dumb. :indiff:

Things don't get better ... I "googled" once again for any info on a possible EPR2 for the PS3 and, using the words "PS3 2006 lineup" I found an article on gamespot with the full game lineup Sony has presented for theJapanese Market.

Not many racing/driving games, as you can see (I picked those from the full list)

Atari
Stuntman (working title), driving action
Driver 5 (working title), driving action

Genki
Racing game series, racing game

Koei
Fatal Inertia, racing

Sony Computer Entertainment
Gran Turismo series, TBA

Sunrise Interactive
Shinseiki GPX Cyber Formula series, 3D racing

From Konami, this is what was on that list:

Konami
Gradius series, shooting
Unnamed soccer game, soccer
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball series, sports
Unnamed action game, action
Unnamed role playing game, RPG
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, tactical espionage action

So ... if even the "GT series" bit must be taken with a grain of salt (Amar212 wrote in the GT5 forum that GT5 won't be out until 2007), it would be reasonable to assume we won't get EPR2 soon. If ever.

(And LM24H 2 isn't there too, in the Atari list)

:indiff:

Guarentee you that Soccer game from Konami is Winning Eleven Ten.

WOW, Atari is remaking Stuntman?!? I'm buying!

NSX-R
You can post what you want from the sequel, if there will be one...

This is for me:

Aero parts: Not "Jucied" showy, Not "Underground" wild, but something like from Kaido battle.

Decals: NOT FLAMES! However like sponsors, such as HKS, etc.

Visual Improvements: In Enthusia, if you lower the car, there is no visual change, hope that gets fixed.

Even better physics: Yes, even better one!

More Detailed Tunning Features: Really tune your car, like in GT.

More tracks: That goes for any kind of track. Real life tracks, mountain roads, etc.

More Cars: No explaination for this one as we all know it.

Better Game Structure: Better implimented game structure, one that makes more sense and still remains competetive.

Online: Online competetion would be wonderfull.

That would be all. This is a lot to ask for, but if they would even consider to make a sequel, I would be happy!

more touge's i think they know dragon range was hands down the favorite enthusia track so i expect that to return along with others

and the physics make epr too drifty id like it a bit more realistic seeing as a stock 86 probably wouldnt drift like this in real life online would be very nice but then again who knows if there will be a sequel?

Hun200kmh
Things don't get better ... I "googled" once again for any info on a possible EPR2 for the PS3 and, using the words "PS3 2006 lineup" I found an article on gamespot with the full game lineup Sony has presented for theJapanese Market.

Not many racing/driving games, as you can see (I picked those from the full list)

Atari
Stuntman (working title), driving action
Driver 5 (working title), driving action

Genki
Racing game series, racing game

Koei
Fatal Inertia, racing

Sony Computer Entertainment
Gran Turismo series, TBA

Sunrise Interactive
Shinseiki GPX Cyber Formula series, 3D racing

From Konami, this is what was on that list:

Konami
Gradius series, shooting
Unnamed soccer game, soccer
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball series, sports
Unnamed action game, action
Unnamed role playing game, RPG
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, tactical espionage action

So ... if even the "GT series" bit must be taken with a grain of salt (Amar212 wrote in the GT5 forum that GT5 won't be out until 2007), it would be reasonable to assume we won't get EPR2 soon. If ever.

(And LM24H 2 isn't there too, in the Atari list)

:indiff:

fatal inertia? some kinda drifting game? sounds good 👍 sorry for the double post i had to :scared:

I'd be happy if they included some real touges. Enthusia 2- World Touge! a Kaido 3/Enthusia hybrid would just be the nuts!! Enthusia Handling of course.

For any 'real' drifter, it would be a dream come true.

That and every higher power RWD car available (100bhp+).

Tuning GT4/KAido3 hybrid model.

👍 to EPR fans everywhere

I just finished runnig a few laps at Tsukuba wet normal and had a little light go off over my head. Now granted this really falls under the category of "even more realistic physics", but given it's fresh in my head I thought I'd share. So anyhow, I was being chased by the Turbo R in my 22b when I ran off wide into turn one, came back onto the track and thought "hmm, IRL dragging mud and grass onto the track would have negative effects for those following."

Anyhow, my thought for improving Enthusia's sequel would to be adding changable grip physics depending upon off's from either the player(s) or AI, with localized yellows to alert of such. I mean really think about this, want to ratchet up realism? Having to panic break into a turn to avoid a big pile of crap now festering in the racing line trying it's determined best to throw you out of place could really "enhance" the game play.

Ofcourse given the AI's propensity to bump a little more frequently than I care for really wouldn't play into this physics model, but hey, why not. If this could be implemented along with local cautions to alert of festering crap pile and the difficulty/reality slider mentioned earlier, it could actually make it's way into the hearts of a few players...or not.

Live for Speed actually simulates part of that situation -- if you go off course, your tires accumulate dirt/sand, and once you get back on course you have to deal with lower grip until you get rid of it all. :) However, you can't drag any dirt/sand onto the track with you... :indiff:

Heh. And having played LFS for the first time last night, I gotta add the fact that if you go off in the deep gravel in a low car, that may be it for you. You can end up stuck in the gravel spinning your wheels. The other thing I noticed right off about LFS is that they had those cones I was wishing for in Enthusia. I so want to be able to set up a little autocross course at the Airport!

Wolfe2x7
Live for Speed actually simulates part of that situation -- if you go off course, your tires accumulate dirt/sand, and once you get back on course you have to deal with lower grip until you get rid of it all. :) However, you can't drag any dirt/sand onto the track with you... :indiff:

One of my F1 games for PS2 does the same in regards to the tires, I can't recall which however, it might be EA's F1 2001. Regardless of the game, I find it's implementation a bit screwy. Anyhow, that's a good point to bring up regarding lowered grip for the offending mud/gravel slinger until the tires have spun themselves clean.

Have you guys seen Morrowind: Oblivion on the 360? I just saw it and I took a second look at all the Racing games I've ever had, and noticed how static the backgrounds felt... It might be a small thing, but making swaying trees, banners, crowds... I think it'll add a lot to the game the same way the headlight effects on Enthusia made it more graphically believable (if not better than) GT4. I can't wait for Enthusia to go next gen... (Keeping my fingers crossed at Konami).

atteiros
Have you guys seen Morrowind: Oblivion on the 360? I just saw it and I took a second look at all the Racing games I've ever had, and noticed how static the backgrounds felt... It might be a small thing, but making swaying trees, banners, crowds... I think it'll add a lot to the game the same way the headlight effects on Enthusia made it more graphically believable (if not better than) GT4. I can't wait for Enthusia to go next gen... (Keeping my fingers crossed at Konami).

The only look I've seen of Oblivion is the packaging material (slipsheets, manuals, inserts, etc.,etc.) we use to pack it out at work. But that's really beyond the point.

I have seen other games in the past that had a more "involving" backdrop that helped pull the player more into the games reality. That honestly was one of the more joyous surprises for me on GT4 when cutting in deeply on the top of the hill at Autumn Hill when the fallen leaves get a touch floaty. Helped the track acheive more that a drive through this bitmap feel. Same with the massively rediculous amount of tire smoke on GT3. It made it look like everybody was driving on second hand generic tires everytime a car got a bit loose, but atleast it altered the status quo of the enviroment. So yes, I second your idea of a more active enviroment for Enthusia...or GT5...or any sequel to come. It's not like the new boxes won't be able to push it.

I see nothing about a second version of Enthusia here, but I heard a rumour that Enthusia 2 t-shirts were seen in a G4 reel.

The official site and G4 have nothing, so is there any real word about a new version yet?

Cheers,

MasterGT

In the E3 news, there's plenty about konami and their games for the new platforms, but nothing about a possible Enthusia 2.

Oh well ... :indiff:

Back