Enzo successor spotted

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 675 comments
Grey one.
13745086_1160592494005055_1610407209_n.jpg

However, I have read through the grapevine that Mr. Henn may have made a comment about the Corse Clienti Programme that did not sit well with Ferrari
That's what I was thinking he said or did something that Ferrari didn't like.

Anyone know if he bought the LaFerrari or the FXX new from Ferrari? I thought you had to own a lower end Ferrari(California- FF- F12) to qualify for LaFerrari.

I was reading through the lawsuit and a few things I found odd, he said he went to a Ferrari dealer to order LaFerrari spider but I'm petty sure you are invited to buy one and the people who are invited are owners of the LaFerrari and FXX K.
Then letter he sent to Marchionne is said to be dated July 13th 2016, that is after we saw official pics from Ferrari of the LaFerrari spider and by the time Ferrari releases pics of a special car they have all already been sold.
Last thing he said that his friend in the Ferrari world asked why he couldn't get the spider and was told he was not qualify. That is one of the key fact why he is suing Ferrari for defamation of character but he heard the info from a friend and is hearsay which will not hold in court. So his whole lawsuit is garbage.

I think the whole point of the lawsuit is too either force his way into the production line, or "sticking it" to Ferrari.

Preston Henn drops Ferrari lawsuit
"Well, I'm very unhappy with Ferrari," Henn told RoadandTrack.com . "And the reason the lawsuit was dropped, actually my lawyer sued on the hurting of my reputation. After we got all in it, I said, what do you think our odds [of winning] are? And he said zero. Because they said they had offered to settle, it cost a quarter million dollars to retain this outfit, to sue me. And I said, if you say zero, I don't want to go through with it. I said, can we sue them on other things? He said, yes. We're going to sue but on a different thing. Which I don't know yet what it is."

The self-made maverick is a throwback to a different time in America. An abstract forerunner of PayPal founder Elon Musk, Henn amassed his fortune renting space to flea market merchants across three massive properties. With decades of income generated by facilitating hand-to-hand sales of everything made available today via digital transactions on eBay, Henn has been blessed with the power and means to race throughout the globe and acquire every car that catches his interest.

The proud American has little time for those—including a revered manufacturer like Ferrari—who stand in his way. Henn comes from a time when if you could afford it, you could buy it. There was no application process involved when buying a supercar, and the act of being "selected" by a manufacturer for the honor to buy its latest creation had yet to be conceived. What Preston wanted, Preston got, which makes being barred from the LaFerrari Aperta, especially when he already owns many Ferraris, a stinging encounter.

An overall winner at the 24 Hours of Daytona, Henn's collection of cars he raced and others he couldn't live without sit center stage at his Swap Shop headquarters in Fort Lauderdale. The price tag to purchase the entire lot--which isn't for sale, by the way--would run well past $100 million.

As the owner of Ferrari 275 GTB/C chassis No. 6885, which carries an estimated value of $80 million or more on its own, and a fleet of supercars from every imaginable brand, Henn expected that he'd have no problem acquiring a LaFerrari Aperta. That's obviously not the case. As a result of the LaFerrari contretemps, Henn says a 50-year relationship with the Italian firm has met its end.

"I have no feeling for Ferrari at all, zero," he added. "And since then we have discovered a lawsuit going on in Palm Beach County, a fraud lawsuit where this very, very wealthy guy [who] used to be president of Sara Lee, he put out a lot of money and will get an Aperta, when he didn't deserve it. It's a big lawsuit with the dealership there and everything."

Despite the newly litigious nature of the relationship, an invitation to attend last weekend's Ferrari Finali Mondiali at Daytona International Speedway was extended to Henn. Taking a page from Marchionne's reaction to his LaFerrari Aperta letter, the Daytona invite was joyfully rejected.

"I got some type of invitation … of course, obviously I didn't go to Daytona," Henn said. "Not really knowing Marchionne but knowing how smart he is, he's got to try to figure out, he does, what made Ferrari as famous as they are because he is going down a different road. He's not doing the Formula 1 worth a ****. And he can't cut off his best customers. And he has done it. Not only, I figure, am I a good customer, forget that I'm a Ferrari customer, but I am the best customer any guy like him is going to have because I buy every top car."

The pursuit of Marchionne and Co. through the legal system has become a personal matter for Henn. Although the specifics of the next lawsuit related to the LaFerrari Aperta snub are unclear, Ferrari would be wise to prepare for an ongoing fight.

"Yeah, this isn't going away," Henn confirmed. "It ain't [about] the 🤬 car."

The arrival of a brand-new twin-turbo V6 Acura NSX has also led Henn to reevaluate his attachment to the standard LaFerrari.

"Here's something that may be hard for you to believe, but I got that La Ferrari and it was delivered to my house… and I didn't like it," he declared. "And I got here and I couldn't get out of the car. I had to call the police to get me out of the car. What happened is I didn't realize that door was as heavy as it was. Once I realized it, they could pull the door and get out and I had no problem. It is just not a comfortable car.

"In fact, I just sent a letter [to Acura] about how I like the NSX. It is the best damn car I have ever had. It is unbelievable. It is really, really a great car and it is $200,000 versus… well, the last Ferrari I got from them, not the La Ferrari, the last one I got, I forgot what it's called, it was a Spider, whatever it is, but it was $750,000. And this is so much better at $200,000."
Road & Track

I could have told zero chance of winning the lawsuit . The lawyer is a idiot and Henn is a bigger idiot for still having him as his lawyer, why would lawyer make a lawsuit in your name in which you had zero chance in winning cause all that lawyer cares about is making money off a rich old man.

He says doesn't like how it's invitation only to buy the new top Ferrari and Marchionne is to blame for this. It's been like this for a long time with Ferrari, it's been like that even before Marchionne told over Fiat group or Ferrari .
How did Henn get his LaFerrari, Enzo or FXX? they all are invitation only cars he had to know that is how it works.

:lol: I can't stop laughing at the fact he got stuck in LaFerrari and had to call the cops to get him out of the car:lol:

Road & Track

I could have told zero chance of winning the lawsuit . The lawyer is a idiot and Henn is a bigger idiot for still having him as his lawyer, why would lawyer make a lawsuit in your name in which you had zero chance in winning cause all that lawyer cares about is making money off a rich old man.

He says doesn't like how it's invitation only to buy the new top Ferrari and Marchionne is to blame for this. It's been like this for a long time with Ferrari, it's been like that even before Marchionne told over Fiat group or Ferrari .
How did Henn get his LaFerrari, Enzo or FXX? they all are invitation only cars he had to know that is how it works.

:lol: I can't stop laughing at the fact he got stuck in LaFerrari and had to call the cops to get him out of the car:lol:
Not necessarily the Enzo and LaFerrari are invite only through Ferrari after that is done if the car is sold by the owner they don't need invite. The FXX or new K variant of the LaFerrari I'm not sure on. Invites on Ferrari's aren't really that widely used and thus I agree, if someone has the money why would you not sell it to them...picking who shall own your car or inviting them to buy it (even if they don't want it) seems to be done to make Ferrari seem more special. Which makes it all the more sad Ford decided to do it for the new GT

I agree with you about the story on how the lawyer just finding stuff to make claims on is stupid especially when he claims he can sue them on other things but not sure for what yet...then how can you know that you can sue them if you haven't figure out what...

I agree with you about the story on how the lawyer just finding stuff to make claims on is stupid especially when he claims he can sue them on other things but not sure for what yet...then how can you know that you can sue them if you haven't figure out what...

He's not going to endear himself to any other manufacturer that decides to vet potential clients with short-run cars, not now he's had a strop, thrown his toys out of the pram and called the lawyers in.

He's not going to endear himself to any other manufacturer that decides to vet potential clients with short-run cars, not now he's had a strop, thrown his toys out of the pram and called the lawyers in.

It think a vetting process is a silly idea anyways considering some of the owners that end up getting the car and abuse them and only got the car because they're famous now. There are those that clearly deserve the car when put into a vet process situation. But that's subjective obviously.

Road & Track

He got a LaFerrari and didn't like it. So he tried to order the Apeta? :odd:

Not necessarily the Enzo and LaFerrari are invite only through Ferrari after that is done if the car is sold by the owner they don't need invite. The FXX or new K variant of the LaFerrari I'm not sure on. Invites on Ferrari's aren't really that widely used and thus I agree, if someone has the money why would you not sell it to them...picking who shall own your car or inviting them to buy it (even if they don't want it) seems to be done to make Ferrari seem more special. Which makes it all the more sad Ford decided to do it for the new GT

The reason Ferrari vets is to promote the brand through a celebrity or give the cars to clients who have been with the company a long time. The old routine of having a 288, F40, F50, & Enzo no longer guarantees you a spot for the next hypercar; it definitely helps, but you also need to continuously buy new models to gain priority. For them, it is a loyalty program. These people spend millions & millions of dollars on your company, of course you want them to have first dibs. You know they can afford it and you know it retains their business.

The other reason they vet is to discourage buying-and-flipping. Porsche has done it and I imagine it's part of Ford's idea behind the GT. No idea on what Ford's terms are, but the other 2 require a 12-18-month hold period before you can sell the hypercar back to the market unless Ferrari/Porsche are offered the rights to buy it back. Those who break that agreement are placed on a black list. The main reason is to avoid dealers making a profit off the newest hypercar, but also because it takes advantage of those who really want the car and were not selected. Ferrari/Porsche typically resell their client-returned cars back to those who just missed the opportunity at a fairer price than the regular market.

He got a LaFerrari and didn't like it. So he tried to order the Apeta? :odd:

No he tried for the Aperta first and then after that didn't work got a base LaFerrari.

The reason Ferrari vets is to promote the brand through a celebrity or give the cars to clients who have been with the company a long time. The old routine of having a 288, F40, F50, & Enzo no longer guarantees you a spot for the next hypercar; it definitely helps, but you also need to continuously buy new models to gain priority. For them, it is a loyalty program. These people spend millions & millions of dollars on your company, of course you want them to have first dibs. You know they can afford it and you know it retains their business.

The other reason they vet is to discourage buying-and-flipping. Porsche has done it and I imagine it's part of Ford's idea behind the GT. No idea on what Ford's terms are, but the other 2 require a 12-18-month hold period before you can sell the hypercar back to the market unless Ferrari/Porsche get first dibs. Those who break that agreement are placed on a black list. The main reason is to avoid dealers making a profit off the newest hypercar, but also because it takes advantage of those who really want the car and were not selected. Ferrari/Porsche typically resell their client-returned cars back to those who just missed the opportunity at a fairer price than the regular market.

I know why they do it, the premise doesn't make the act any better. It is basically a way for them to keep making money between their halo cars. Ferrari and Porsche get a return flip and price hike due to second hand market demands for limited runs, is what makes the process even more idiotic. Which we talked about at length on the Porsche threads. But hey, the rich have their own way of "free market" so who are we plebs to judge.

I just love reading about some entitled rich fat ass that not only drops a suit (that he had no chance of winning as it turns out thanks to the derpiest lawyer alive), but even got stuck in the car:lol:

Funny how his fortune only bought him an idiot and a car that couldn't even get out of.

I just love reading about some entitled rich fat ass that not only drops a suit (that he had no chance of winning as it turns out thanks to the derpiest lawyer alive), but even got stuck in the car:lol:

Funny how his fortune only bought him an idiot and a car that couldn't even get out of.
I found it funnier how he claimed the NSX was far superior

No he tried for the Aperta first and then after that didn't work got a base LaFerrari.
Ah.

I know why they do it, the premise doesn't make the act any better. It is basically a way for them to keep making money between their halo cars. Ferrari and Porsche get a return flip and price hike due to second hand market demands for limited runs, is what makes the process even more idiotic. Which we talked about at length on the Porsche threads. But hey, the rich have their own way of "free market" so who are we plebs to judge.
Porsche & Ferrari do not follow the 2nd hand market prices on cars returned to them, though. For Ferrari, they are typically offered back to other interested clientele at classified prices. They want owners to enjoy their vehicles.

The act looks dumb to us, but in theory and in that world, it has its good intentions. Ferrari are just a bit of a Big Brother at times.

Ah.

Porsche & Ferrari do not follow the 2nd hand market prices on cars returned to them, though. For Ferrari, they are typically offered back to other interested clientele at classified prices. They want owners to enjoy their vehicles.

The act looks dumb to us, but in theory and in that world, it has its good intentions. Ferrari are just a bit of a Big Brother at times.

At times? We know Porsche marked up prices, and while Ferrari may not since it is not know, the fact there is an exclusion and tier like set up. Being a club member has many strings, that may automatically jump their cars up in price.

He had LaFerrari coupe already, he stated as a reason why he should got the Aperta in his lawsuit ( #8 and #17)

Ah okay, then yeah he's more stupid than the "nsx is much better car all around". The original posted article made it seem as if he had wanted the Aperta and then settled for the base car.

At times? We know Porsche marked up prices, and while Ferrari may not since it is not know, the fact there is an exclusion and tier like set up. Being a club member has many strings, that may automatically jump their cars up in price.
Where has Porsche marked up prices on client-returned vehicles within' the hold-period? A lot of the cars are past that period by now and averaging $1.5-1.6 million due to the low number on the market & out-of-production. That's around a $500-600K increase over MSRP, which is fairly modest for Porsche's biggest car. The 911R has spiked more than it.

Ferrari has not marked up any pricing because there are no LaFerraris currently or public-known available through their network, only 3rd party dealerships that have priced the car around $3m. The cars automatically jumped in value in the day they were sold. None of this still changes the fact it's done to combat dealers trying to make an immediate profit off the manufacturer, whether people like it or not. To owners/Ferrari, that's a car that could have gone to someone who actually wanted it.

Where has Porsche marked up prices on client-returned vehicles within' the hold-period? A lot of the cars are past that period by now and averaging $1.5-1.6 million due to the low number on the market & out-of-production. That's around a $500-600K increase over MSRP, which is fairly modest for Porsche's biggest car. The 911R has spiked more than it.

Which is what I said, perhaps i should said Porsche dealers and not HQ which is what I meant.

Ferrari has not marked up any pricing because there are no LaFerraris currently or public-known available through their network, only 3rd party dealerships that have priced the car around $3m. The cars automatically jumped in value in the day they were sold. None of this still changes the fact it's done to combat dealers trying to make an immediate profit off the manufacturer, whether people like it or not. To owners/Ferrari, that's a car that could have gone to someone who actually wanted it.

Never said they did, just said there is a potential because of the program. You claim it to be something that is benevolent in nature, I see a tool that allows for profits to funnel in so collectors will have a chance at what is likely to come about.

Never said they did, just said there is a potential because of the program. You claim it to be something that is benevolent in nature, I see a tool that allows for profits to funnel in so collectors will have a chance at what is likely to come about.
Because to Ferrari, the collectors are their most important client base; they pump insane amounts of money into the brand. It's one of those reasons Ferrari eats all the shipping/maintenance/storage costs on the XX/F1 Programme after these same collectors buy into them.

Perhaps a more fair way would be to offer up the first 100 cars to private individuals and then attempt to let the public dictate the future values afterwards. If the same demand remains as there currently is, the cars will still increase in value and the original 100 VINs will hold their share easily.

Because to Ferrari, the collectors are their most important client base; they pump insane amounts of money into the brand. It's one of those reasons Ferrari eats all the shipping/maintenance/storage costs on the XX/F1 Programme after these same collectors buy into them.

Perhaps a more fair way would be to offer up the first 100 cars to private individuals and then attempt to let the public dictate the future values afterwards. If the same demand remains as there currently is, the cars will still increase in value and the original 100 VINs will hold their share easily.

Yes cause the cars they collect are already insanely worth tons of money even new. I know they acutally give customers a reason to come back, that's not something I have issue with, I have issue with the favoritism that is birthed with these programs when it's obvious that a contract can be signed that states the owner can't get rid of said car until such and such time. Cars should always be first come first serve, and with brands like these it's not as if they're going to have a hard time selling.

Road & Track

The guy is coming off as a total goon. Sure he deserves to have the opportunity to buy an Aperta but didn't he initially turn it down then change his mind when it was too late? Very childish how he now says a car costing 500k less is better (not really disputing the possibility of that) and the last Ferrari he bought which doesn't even know the name of, perhaps intentionally ( again childish ). As for getting stuck in the LaFa bloody lol, dont buy a car just because you can perhaps.

Regular coupe on the left vs Aperta on the right. Notice the wing mirrors are lower and the A's have a stripe. Paint-to-sample will not be an option, as the factory has decided they will all be red, yellow, grey, white, or black.
12.12-1.jpg

Ramsay's car.
12.12-2.jpg

Oporto owners... ahem, excuse me. Aperta owners bringing their cars home to Oz.
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/B6E0A3D15210D1A0CA2580AD00045935
FERRARI Australasia has confirmed that a number of its well-heeled clients will bring examples of their own ultra-exclusive – and mega-expensive – LaFerrari Aperta hybrid convertible hypercars to Australia for use in promotional activities and even track days.

Despite all examples being produced in left-hand-drive only – just like its LaFerrari coupe sibling – a handful of discerning Australian Ferrari customers will take delivery of their Aperta variants in Europe before bringing them home Down Under.

Speaking exclusively to GoAuto, Ferrari Australasia president and CEO Herbert Appleroth would not confirm the number of LaFerrari Apertas Australia will see, but said the convertible hypercars would make their way from other parts of the world under customer’s arrangements.

“It’s (LaFerrari Aperta) a car which is the pinnacle of technology from Ferrari, it is very, very important for our very best collectors, and we are happy to be able to have a few Australian and New Zealand clients,” he said.

That looks like a horrible lovechild of the electric Rimac and the AM-RB 001.

Back