EPL Fantasy Football 2013/14

Lampard's 90th minute winner has cost me 10 points!! Plus Oscar did diddly squat, I swapped out Giroud for Rodriguez, Lallana did nothing. And then Arsenal went and conceded against Sunderland so no clean sheet for Szczesny. Not good.

Huddlestone and Giroud have scored me decent points today, hopefully ill start climbing as I was down in 24th place before the weekend!

So the FA Cup is on this weekend which means there are only five league games on so you all should change your team accordingly..

I had a good weekend this weekend, scoring 14 points more than anyone else in the GTP league :P Unfortunately I'm too far off the pace now, after a run of poor form - not helped by forgetting about my team last week and having a disastrous run of injuries and useless transfers :(

Until I fixed my team last week, my team had only 5 eligible and fit players and I was looking at a terrible score - so I made 4 changes and hoped that two of my injured players would be back by Saturday. Fortunately the gamble paid off, and both my injured guys played (and scored points) and I'm now back in the running for at least one of my leagues, even though the GTP league is beyond me this year!

Dang it, the top three in the league all have Toure, while I don't :indiff:

It's been a particularly good day for Coatsey's XI - Toure (3), Skrtel (2), Suarez (2) and still a while to play.

Suarez and Sturridge netting 45 points between them so far :eek: thought I might as well have both of them, but indeed lacking Toure :ouch:

74 points just for Saturday isn't half bad. Hoping West Ham beat United, with Nolan starring ...

Have Sturridge, Suarez, Oscar and Toure. But wait, Oscar was captain and I forgot to move Toure off the bench since the week where City weren't playing and have Navas on the bench ahead of him, and all but Dawson played out of my starting 11.

🤬 I could have had millions of points.

Ive got Oscar in mine so those are the only points I can think so far this weekend....

But I also have Mertersacker, Konscielny and Scezchny so I am screwed.

Also, can Arsenal get players whose names are easier to spell? Thanks.

The only Arsenal player I have is Giroud so I haven't really lost any points there....

I was checking my Excel spreadsheet of member names/team names... does anybody know who Stephen McCann is (currently in 2nd place with 'Grove United')?? I don't seem to have a confirmation from him as a GTP member...

Seems that my last four weeks' form has wrenched me from the ass end of the H2H table. It's good that my team decided to save a sound thrashing of Atletico Turismo until the second last game of the season :rolleyes:

Well done to I got Naughton (Dick Dastardly) for retaining the GTPlanet Fantasy Football league title - won by a big margin this year. He also won the H2H league this year as well, so congrats on doing the double :cheers:

I'm gutted - I almost stormed back to win my friends' league, but I missed it by 21 points. I would have won it if I had left Mata and Ramsey in my team, but Mata was a rotation risk (replaced him with Hazard) and Ramsey was listed as injured on Friday when I edited my team. Turns out they both scored, and since they cost 8 pts to replace, the difference to my score would have meant I would have won my friends league. :(

Great season once again, well done to all the top 3 5 finishers :P

Well done to I got Naughton (Dick Dastardly) for retaining the GTPlanet Fantasy Football league title - won by a big margin this year. He also won the H2H league this year as well, so congrats on doing the double :cheers:

I'm gutted - I almost stormed back to win my friends' league, but I missed it by 21 points. I would have won it if I had left Mata and Ramsey in my team, but Mata was a rotation risk (replaced him with Hazard) and Ramsey was listed as injured on Friday when I edited my team. Turns out they both scored, and since they cost 8 pts to replace, the difference to my score would have meant I would have won my friends league. :(

Great season once again, well done to all the top 3 5 finishers :P

Yep, we all got stuffed. A well deserved winner once again.:bowdown:

I actually had a good last few weeks so ended up in a decent, if unspectacular, position in both tables. If only all of my transfers worked out as well as the most recent ones, could have been a bit different but I guess that's the same for everyone.

One year I will win this, even if it takes 10+ years. :lol:

Eh, could have been a lot better. Couple of months were top 3, but lack of consistency hurts, as well as forgetting to change the team. Given that I was 28th after the first quarter of the season, 13th isn't terrible. Bony has helped tremendously. Jumped two places on the H2H on the last day too, up to 8th, so much better than last season in general.

Though a long way off a deserved winner :cheers:

Winning this is a long, long way off :lol:

Congratulations Dick Dastardly for doing the double! :cheers: My personal goal was a top 10 finish and I finished 11th. If only I'd have not subbed out Toure for Ramsey a few weeks back!

After my terrible start to the year I was hoping to be able to salvage a top half of the league finish, but disappointedly fell just short of it with a 17th place finish. Did much better in the H2H league though, somehow finishing 7th. :crazy: :D

Anyhoo, congratulations to Dick Dastardly for sweeping both leagues and a big thanks to TM for running this. :cheers:

Last edited:
I wasn't planning to since I'm going to be in the US until December with sketchy internet access...

Back