Eric Boullier Resigns as McLaren's Racing Director Days Before the British Grand Prix

Meanwhile Gil de Ferran takes over, Stoffel's father-in-law.

How comfortable must Stoffel's sofa be right now... Still, don't know if this is good or bad for the team. Apart from being a racing driver, I do not know anything about de Ferran. Other than his daughter being hot...

Boullier probably felt he was the one that would be taking the bullet if the British GP ends up being a disaster, and decided he'd rather leave on his own terms instead of shouldering the blame for it.

I also have no idea if de Ferran has any management experience, so I'm presuming his role here is a stopgap at best.

He does. His race team developed the Acura ARX-02a and he partnered with Jay Penske for a few years in IndyCar.
Well, guess those are some pretty solid credentials then! In that case, he might be staying till the end of the season... if he wants to, that is.

Well, guess those are some pretty solid credentials then! In that case, he might be staying till the end of the season... if he wants to, that is.
He was also had a pretty senior role with HPD for a decent amount of time, had a hand in developing the 2 time Indy winning Honda aero kit. Was Alonso’s mentor for last years Indy 500. Nice guy too, although took a few hard hits to the head during his career :boggled::lol:

Freddogate seemed to spell the beginning of the end then for Mr Eric. He looked so nervous and sweaty in the principals press conference when pressed on when he would resign, he knew the writing was on the wall even then.

Alonso says he was not consulted on the management changes.....but two people from alonso’s camp ended up in management positions, go figure :lol:

Also, I saw a headline yesterday where Brown admitted that they did not have he best chassis last year, and that this years car actually has less downforce than last year. Yoikes.

I find it amusing that this happened within a week of SniffPetrol's post that began:
A panel of the finest minds in Formula 1 will assemble next month for a ground-breaking public debate in which they will attempt to answer the hardest and most perplexing question in motorsport – how has Eric Boullier still got a job?

I say he was given a choice. Leave or get fired.

Probably this.

Bouiller would be most remembered for his stewardship at renault and really, no matter how good the leader, if your team and engine arent up to scratch then there's no way but out.

He probably would have known this going in and was hoping for a better engine at least?

Watch how long de Ferran lasts for...

Back