Error CE-108255-1 on PS5: did anybody find a solution in the end?

• Thread starter Shrapnel
  • 42 comments
Still haven't wiped this piece of junk, but it sure had an interesting weekend, lol.
Yesterday morning I launched GT 7, started the 900 PP race in Sardegna from one of the new menus and the game froze and crashed halfway through the second lap.

After that, I played a couple of hours of Spider-Man: Miles Morales, no issues.
Then I played about three hours of Ghostwire Tokyo, no issues.
And then I played about three hours of Horizon: Forbidden West, no issue either.
Today I played five or six more hours of Horizon: Forbidden West, no issues again.

How weird is this? =P

Meanwhile, three races this morning and no crashes.
Including the Weekly Challenge that crashed yesterday.
This really makes no sense at all.
My ps5 startwd getting the error on mw3. Tried everything. Delete, reinstall. Factory reset. Now it does it on the astro playroom. Its not the games its the hardware.

Did you already try the last step?

Other websites are also suggesting yet other stuff that may or may not be related or helpful, like switching console language or deactivating HDCP.
None of that works. Ive done everything to get mw3 to play. Now the reinstall astro playroom wont play...its hardware

I'm having the same problem on my PS5 with Assetto Corsa Competizione. I backed up all the data and reset the console, reinstalled ACC only and it worked. I haven't yet tried to restore the old data because I think it may contain corrupted files which are causing the error. In the process of doing that now though. If it doesn't work after the restore I will have to reset it again and reinstall ACC and the other games manually. Will report back when it's done.

Update: The game shows the error again after restoring old data.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I keep getting this error after the game freezes and then crashes, getting to the error page where you're asked to send a notice.

I basically can't play the game anymore, it crashes multiple times a day on completely different events.
I initially thought it was customized liveries that crashed some races, but I've got this crash during the new Master license tests as well.

I deleted and reinstalled the game twice during the last two days, deleted the game save, rebuilt the database, cleared the console cache: nothing worked.
Sony and Polyphony apparently don't give a **** about this, so I'm kinda lost.

No other game ever crashed on my PS5, nothing at all.

Did anybody manage to find a solution on their own, in the end, since the frauds at Sony/Polyphony don't seem to care?

Thanks in advance! =)
I tried everything. I got this error with everygame. I just broke down and put a new slim ps5. Its a hardware issue, although Sony wont admit that. There is no fix. Throw it away

I'm having the same problem on my PS5 with Assetto Corsa Competizione. I backed up all the data and reset the console, reinstalled ACC only and it worked. I haven't yet tried to restore the old data because I think it may contain corrupted files which are causing the error. In the process of doing that now though. If it doesn't work after the restore I will have to reset it again and reinstall ACC and the other games manually. Will report back when it's done.

Update: The game shows the error again after restoring old data.

Don't throw it away like the previous post suggests. If you're still in the warranty period Sony will fix it, if not they will give you a quote to fix it.

Mine was fixed when GT7 came out and I haven't had an issue since.

Don't throw it away like the previous post suggests. If you're still in the warranty period Sony will fix it, if not they will give you a quote to fix it.

Mine was fixed when GT7 came out and I haven't had an issue since.
No mine is out of warranty. The game works again after I did a full reset, reinstalled manually and now i just have to reinstall my other games and it should be fine. It's a lengthy process but it works. If I try to restore the games even after the reset the problem still persists in my case.

Hi Guys I’ve had exactly the same issue across all my games on a month old slim. Before I go through with the factory reset and save all my data ball ache, does this actually work or shall I just take it back to curry’s. Please. From reading this it sounds like a console issue for sure.

Happened to me for the first time this morning, while playing GT7, just after finishing the first weekly race.

Hi Guys I’ve had exactly the same issue across all my games on a month old slim. Before I go through with the factory reset and save all my data ball ache, does this actually work or shall I just take it back to curry’s. Please. From reading this it sounds like a console issue for sure.
In my case it didn't solve it. I had to sent it for repair. If you can still get a new one, I would do that. Best of luck

Hi guys! I'm on the same problem... First time I saw that was playing Resident Evil 2 Remake (ps5). It was impossible to finish The Game because It crashes constantly.
Few weeks later, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth gave me the same issue, CE-108255-1 but I restored my ps5 and well, looks like It world.
Now I'm trying to play Dead Space Remake but it's impossible...
I did everything again and again that I read at officials forums and the PS Assistant told me that looks like a hardware problem... How can It run a Game for hours but no other for minutes?

Hi guys! I'm on the same problem... First time I saw that was playing Resident Evil 2 Remake (ps5). It was impossible to finish The Game because It crashes constantly.
Few weeks later, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth gave me the same issue, CE-108255-1 but I restored my ps5 and well, looks like It world.
Now I'm trying to play Dead Space Remake but it's impossible...
I did everything again and again that I read at officials forums and the PS Assistant told me that looks like a hardware problem... How can It run a Game for hours but no other for minutes?
From my testing when I had this issue it seemed to be related to ray tracing. Games where I could disable ray tracing I had no issues. If I switched on ray tracing on the same game, the game would crash.

But in gt7 for example, it always crashed, no matter what mode I used. It's a weird one. If you're still in your warranty period I recommend you contact Sony.

It's a console problem , had this problem with cod mw2 ps5 version stopped working crashed etc,wiped console reinstalled firmware manually same problem .downloaded ps4 version then it worked, wtf sony no help either ping pong emails no solution..warranty expired by the time so no help there . That was in 2023 juanuary, tried ps5 version now 2024 same issue but the ps4 version still working definitely hardware I would say and since you can't remote the ssd at least the internal one we will never know will try and install on external and see what happens

I have this issue with several games, it's happens very often and only with a couple of games.

Hell Let Loose: Game always crashes ~1 minute after loading into a match while solo. HLL is semi-stable if I am queued into a match with a party, after which it's about a 1/3 chance my game doesn't crash while playing. Will not crash if I am sitting at menu.
-PS5 started having issues after HLL turned off my PS5 after a crash

Helldivers 2: Game consistently crashes 45s into a mission where I have randoms that queued up with me. When I play with my friend or when I join up it crashes occasionally.

Back