Ettick's AC Time Trial Series

• Thread starter Ettick
  • 84 comments
United States
Massachusetts
Ettick_

944a3a2600.png

GTP is again without a regularly running AC time trial series, so I'm here to fix that.
The rules are rather simple. I'd recommend you to use default weather (27C ambient temp), but there's really no way of policing this without requiring people to use RSR, and I'm not going to do that. So you can use whatever weather settings you're comfortable with. Tuning is unlimited. Just keep in mind that this is a for-fun series with no prizes.

I have all the DLC packs for this game, so expect them to be used. Mod content will also be used.

To submit a time, just post a screenshot of the time from the screen after you exit the track, or some other place. Screenshots from on the track would work too, and may be preferred for accuracy.

Week 4:
Maserati 250F V12 @ Solitude 1964
4556ea4386.jpg

Click here to download the track

Leaderboard:

Toyota Supra Time Attack at Maze Circuit
  1. Harry6784 - 1:03.420
  2. Alexd1345 - 1:03.623
  3. Ettick - 1:03.799
  4. GTRacer22 - 1:03.827
  5. Punknoodle - 1:05.135
  6. AlvaroF - 1:05.230
  7. Neomone - 1:05.570
  8. Ameer67 - 1:05.577
  9. Grasphy - 1:05.646
  10. Whitestar - 1:06.500
  11. Suzumiya - 1:07.676
  1. Brindle - 1:54.228
  2. Johnnypenso - 1:54.480
  3. Wiz - 1:55.235
  4. Ettick - 1:55.357
  5. Whitestar - 1:57.396

1. Wiz - 2:07.632
  2. Ettick - 2:09.297
  3. Pellegrino1 - 2:14.651

Last edited:
After I downloaded the DLC, I will be contesting in this series, dont kniw when I can buy it, maybe you can do a non-dlc week?
Great idea!
-patrick

After I downloaded the DLC, I will be contesting in this series, dont kniw when I can buy it, maybe you can do a non-dlc week?
Great idea!
-patrick
Thanks for the interest! I'll be sure to do a base content TT next week.

29364a73bb.jpg

;)

Still 27C, heel/toe with h-shifter, but turned on ABS

I think this track is faster with highish temperature anyways

(also updated the leaderboard)

It's hard for me 'cause my laptop is deciding it only wants to run 40 FPS around Maze, but I can hold a steady 60 everywhere else. :lol:

It's hard for me 'cause my laptop is deciding it only wants to run 40 FPS around Maze, but I can hold a steady 60 everywhere else. :lol:
Some of the fan made tracks are poorly optimized. All you can do is turn down your settings and hope it's enough to be back to 60 fps.

This looks like fun! However it would be even more of an equal playing ground if you made a server and used stracker on it. Will try this combo later

Damn, this combo was challenging. First I played with TC on. Mid 1:07s.
Then I turned it off. Car turned into a monster. Took some time to adjust, and the time was only marginally better.

TSMTA.jpg

This looks like fun! However it would be even more of an equal playing ground if you made a server and used stracker on it. Will try this combo later
As much as I'd love to run a server for this, I don't think it's really possible for me right now. Perhaps I could give it a go for a week, but not soon.

Damn, this combo was challenging. First I played with TC on. Mid 1:07s.
Then I turned it off. Car turned into a monster. Took some time to adjust, and the time was only marginally better.

TSMTA.jpg
Yeah, you can lose a lot of time from just spinning the rear wheels out of corners. This car is a bit overpowered for the chassis, especially with 100% boost.

If I knew how to set up a server, I would have no problem leaving my sim rig running as a server. Perhaps I'll look in to it.

As for setting a time, I fly home tomorrow. When the cut off?

I found that you can gain quite a lot of time by just holding a bit of throttle through the curbs as you're "coasting".

And obviously, avoiding the curbs makes getting on the power early a lot easier. The car is very stiff and bouncy. There's one flat curb in the first chicane that you can pretty much go straight over, but the rest are death traps.

I think it's very much a combination that rewards braking early and taking late apexes. Getting the right line and getting the car straightened early for max power goes a long, long way.

If I knew how to set up a server, I would have no problem leaving my sim rig running as a server. Perhaps I'll look in to it.

As for setting a time, I fly home tomorrow. When the cut off?
Monday... Sometime :lol:

Having a server would be great, so that would be very much appreciated.:cheers:

I think I might extend the deadline for this to Tuesday or even Wednesday because I'm coming home from vacation tomorrow and administrating this is a little difficult by phone :lol:

Latest Posts

Back