Euro 2016 Qualification Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 480 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Carrick and Jamie Vardy pull out of the England squad, Man United's Jesse Lingard is a replacement and wins his first call up to the senior squad, he has done so well for United in the last month so I'm delighted for him 👍

Second leg of Hungary V. Norway in Budapest tonight. Norway were unfortunate not to clinch a draw or even a win in the first leg with possession stat of 83% and 17 more shots than the opposition.

Ireland V. Bosnia tonight. Couldn't predict who will come out on top with both teams on par with each other.

Shane Long's back I think, very underrated and I'd say the most talented player we have.

C'mon Ireland!

Walters!!! 2-0!!!

Last edited:
image.png

Good game. Ireland definitely the better team on the night. Absolutely never a penalty but Bosnia rarely threatened. Nice to see my boy Walters getting the brace.

Unfortunately Ireland, Wales and Slovakia are all in the same pot for the draw so it's unlikely that we'll meet.

Last two places at Euro 2016 left, Sweden lead Denmark 2-1 and Ukraine have a comfortable 2-0 lead over Slovenia....

England v France is also tonight, now I know friendlies are generally crap but in light of recent events this is more than just a friendly, all 23 French players in the squad were given the chance to withdraw but chose not to, which is quite remarkable and The English FA have said that they actually sold more tickets for the match since Friday, there will be armed Police present at Wembley for the first time ever and there will be a 15 minute pre-match ceremony to honour the dead and pay respects during which both captains (Rooney and Lloris) will lay flowers in the centre circle and the Wembley are will be lit in French flag colours, in terms of the actual match England currently have 17 players out injured and the team will have something of a makeshift look to it, like I said, its more than just a friendly....

Belgium v Spain has sadly been called off due to security fears but Germany v Holland goes ahead in Hannover...

The stadium in Hannover where the Germany game is being held is being evacuated!

Last edited:
Germany vs The Netherlands has been cancelled, the stadium has been evacuated.

Apparently a suspicious package has been found.

This has made me even more fearful about the England game tonight now....

Fans have been told to arrive early at Wembley because of the extra security, as I mentioned before there are armed Police there for the first time in the stadium's history, PM Cameron and Prince William will be at the match..

German Police apparently find an Ambulance filled with explosives outside the stadium in Hanover where the Germany-Holland game was due to take place, Frightening if true...

German Police apparently find an Ambulance filled with explosives outside the stadium in Hanover where the Germany-Holland game was due to take place, Frightening if true...

Nope. Nothing found, discussed in the Paris thread.

Thank Christ for that, I guess everyone is a little paranoid after the last few days which is understandable..

Sweden and Ukraine have qualified for France next Summer, Zlatan hit a superb free kick!

Wembley was simply stunning tonight, really uplifting, England won 2-0, Dele Alli hit a wonder strike....

Unfortunately Ireland, Wales and Slovakia are all in the same pot for the draw so it's unlikely that we'll meet.

Not quite!

image_zps3ngfl4zi.png

England and Slovakia, of course. To round out Pot B, I'd say Austria.

England
Austria
Slovakia
Wales

Yes please. Not quite sure how or why Turkey are a Pot 4 team. That's hardly getting a 'minnow'.

The group stage draw is tomorrow, can we talk about it here? I think its a bit soon to start a thread on Euro 2016...or isn't it?

The group stage draw is tomorrow, can we talk about it here? I think its a bit soon to start a thread on Euro 2016...or isn't it?
I'd say the first post being the one listing the groups would be about right. I don't think a whole lot will be posted up until like June however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back