Europe - The Official Thread

And actually I added the "to the best of my ability" to cover in case I accidentally may be running 27 mph in a 25 mph zone while driving down the road.
Doesn't matter. The LAW is the law BECAUSE it is THE law.

Actually that is probably one of the only post of yours I actually totally agree with 100%.
And will be until it is changed or repealed!

Then you don't agree with it 100% if you accept a change or repealment.

Slavery was always wrong, legal or not.
The war on drugs is currently wrong, legal or not.

Actually that is probably one of the only post of yours I actually totally agree with 100%.
And will be until it is changed or repealed!
Yyyyaaayy? The thing is, you've acknowledged that you may violate the law despite you also saying laws must be followed and enforced.

Why do you get to decide when and when not to follow the law? Why are you okay with certain others violating the law?

It seems like it's not so much about the law being followed or violated as it is about who is following or violating it, which is in stark contrast to your previous [and maintained as of the post I've quoted above] assertion that the law is the law and not following it makes you a criminal.

Is alcohol a drug?
What? You can find, copy and paste an excerpt from a Wiki page on spiders' eyes but you can't type that question into a Google/Bing/DuckDuckGo/Yahoo/AskJeeves/AltaVista search bar? It's...it's as if the question is just your latest attempt at deflection and/or obfuscation.

You are right I do not approve of a gay lifestyle and yes I was raised in a home where the bible was important and that I am actually very proud of and never try to hide it.

Bibles have nothing to do with disapproval of a gay lifestyle. Gay vicars are a great example of that, and so is the delicious sound of thwacking any leather-bound book onto another man's firm, oiled buttocks.

Saying that for a friend, you understand.

I am retired, I answer to no bosses, I have no need for an alarm clock, My income is secure and adequate for my needs, my home is paid for and I have not had any debt or taken out any sort of loan or carried any sort of credit card balance for over 20 years.

I pay my taxes, I pay my bills and I follow the laws of this country to the best of my abilities, always have and I have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

I find it interesting that you are so focused on building your character as being someone who provides for themselves. Are you a good person? Do you treat others with respect? Do you condemn people for that which they have no control over, and for trying to better their own lives and the lives of their families? Can you understand the perspective of those who have different circumstances in their lives?

These are more important and worthy of respect than whether or not you carried a credit card balance. Paying your bills does not make you a good person.

I find it interesting that you are so focused on building your character as being someone who provides for themselves. Are you a good person? Do you treat others with respect? Do you condemn people for that which they have no control over, and for trying to better their own lives and the lives of their families? Can you understand the perspective of those who have different circumstances in their lives?

These are more important and worthy of respect than whether or not you carried a credit card balance. Paying your bills does not make you a good person.
I wish I will still remember to make this post the best of 2020. The materialism culture humanity has nowadays is just that, sad.

Incidentally the Oscar 2020 best picture, Parasite, capture such dissonance very well. I very much recommend to watch it. But if I can sum up for you, is that both rich and poor arent inherently evil, but because of the privileges, the rich just didn't thought out about what the poor have more to fight for just to survive.

Not sure I agree with that either.
The man who lets his child starve to death when he could have easily prevented it is a bad man. Wasn't this theme explored in A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens?

You get Czech news in Slovakia, unsurprisingly. Czechia is moving two Soviet statues to a different part of town and Russia have seen their arse about it.

The Czech Crime Minister... sorry, Prime Minister is a confirmed ex-ŠtB (Czechoslovak secret police) member and rumoured ex-KGB agent so don't be surprised if he's somewhere near this.

A Black Man Was Tortured and Killed in Denmark. The Police Insist It Wasn’t About Race.

Two white suspects have far-right ties. The prosecutor in the case called it “a personal relationship that has gone wrong.”

A young Black man was tortured and killed on a remote island in Denmark by two white men with known far-right affiliations, one of them with a swastika tattoo on his leg, but the authorities are refusing to call it a hate crime.

Noting that the victim, Phillip Mbuji Johansen, and his attackers knew one another, the prosecutor, Benthe Pedersen Lund, told a local newspaper that the killing had nothing to do with “skin color” but with “a personal relationship that has gone wrong.”

Denmark adopted a hate crimes statute in 2004, but activists, friends and family members, citing the grisly circumstances of the killing, say the authorities are often too reluctant to acknowledge racially inspired violence.

“It took three days for the police inspector and state prosecutor to completely refute that it is racially motivated, despite all the evidence pointing toward it,” said Awa Konaté, a Danish-Ivorian activist who teaches African cultural awareness. “This shows this is a systemic issue.”

Mr. Johansen (he sometimes identified as Mbuji Johansen), a 28-year-old engineering student of Danish and Tanzanian descent, came to the island of Bornholm to visit his mother last week. He went to a party on Monday and was later invited for a beer in the woods, his mother told the local Ekstra Bladet newspaper.

The next morning, Mr. Johansen’s mutilated body was found at a camp site. According to the preliminary indictment, his skull was broken after he was beaten several times with a wooden beam; he was stabbed multiple times; a knife was driven through his throat and a knee had been planted in his neck. He died sometime early Tuesday, according to a forensic report.

Two local men — brothers, aged 23 and 25 — were arrested on Wednesday on manslaughter charges. The police say the men have admitted to beating Mr. Johansen, but deny killing him. Mr. Johansen’s mother, who asked to remain anonymous, told local news outlets that one of the two suspects was an old friend of her son.

The suspects have not yet been identified publicly. One of them has a swastika and the words “white power” tattooed on his leg. The other suspect has expressed support for a Danish extreme right party, called Stram Kurs, or “Hard Line,” and recently posted a message of support for White Lives Matter on his Facebook page, according to Redox, a left-activist research group.

Denmark, a Nordic nation that prides itself on its progressive attitudes, has suffered an upsurge in racial violence recently. Between 2007 and 2016, racially motivated hate crimes in Denmark more than quadrupled, the European Union said in a 2018 report.

In response to the global protests over the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis, right-wing extremists of the Nordic Resistance Movement, an underground group, have put up White Lives Matter posters in at least two cities in Denmark.

Some Danish news outlets have noted that a knee was pressed hard against Mr. Johansen’s neck, just as in the killing of Mr. Floyd, as well as the hard-right affiliation of both suspects. The story has nevertheless mostly been treated as a “homicide” and has received only modest news coverage.

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/world/europe/denmark-bornholm-race.html

The two brothers were arrested and charged with murder. One of the brothers, Mads, has "white power" and two swastikas tattooed on him, he has publicly shown his admiration for one of the danish far right parties, Stram Kurs/Rasmus Paludan. He attempted to join the party at one point, but was rejected since they deemed him too extreme (just imagine actual nazis rejecting a raging nazi for leaning way too hard into the right). Another photo of Mads was posted with him standing in front of a "white lives matter" banner (source - Redox)

Last edited:
aR7XKdQ_460s.jpg

Lukashenko is probably the dumbest dictator I have ever seen, I mean if your going to rig elections make it look close espiecally when the public looks to be mostly voting elsewhere, the overt 80% winning total just screams of a strongman that has no grasp of reality.

Good for the people though, I think once the Police turn on him his reign will be over.

Last edited:
Lukashenko is probably the dumbest dictator I have ever seen, I mean if your going to rig elections make it look close espiecally when the public looks to be mostly voting elsewhere, the overt 80% winning total just screams of a strongman that has no grasp of reality.

Good for the people though, I think once the Police turn on him his reign will be over.
According to wiki, 588,000 people voted for the opposition. The number people at the protests varies a lot in the 5 min research I just did, ranging from 18,000 (government estimate, obviously low) to 200,000. Even if we split that down the middle(ish) and say 100,000 turned out in Minsk alone, that is about 17% of all voters in the entire country who officially voted against him. Getting nearly 1 in 5 supporters to something to show up for a protest is impressive. Or the election was massively rigged.

Its Ok for exUSSR dictatorship.

Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny is in a coma in a Siberian hospital after being poisoned by a toxic substance in his tea, his spokeswoman said Thursday.

Or you do what you're being paid to do and you ask for security assistance from a neighbour's military. At least I think that was the plan.

Or you do what you're being paid to do and you ask for security assistance from a neighbour's military. At least I think that was the plan.
He put in jail ex-CEO of Gazprombank's subsidiary, do you really think this is what Kremlin wants?

Back