Eurovision Song Contest 2014 - CopenhagenMusic 

• Thread starter Dean
  • 39 comments
Denmark
Jutland
GTP_DeanJ
It's time again, #JoinUs in Copenhagen, Denmark, for the 59th annual Eurovision Song Contest. :D

SF1 is currently ongoing, so it's kind of hard to know who'll qualify to join France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom and Denmark in the final on Saturday, obviously. Here's this years full line up nevertheless:

Semi-final 1 (May 6th):
01 Armenia: Aram MP3 "Not Alone"
02 Latvia: Aarzemnieki "Cake to Bake"
03 Estonia: Tanja "Amazing"
04 Sweden: Sanna Nielsen "Undo"
05 Iceland: Pollapönk "No Prejudice"
06 Albania: Hersi "One Night's Anger"
07 Russia: Tolmachevy Sisters "Shine"
08 Azerbaijan: Dilara Kazimova "Start a Fire"
09 Ukraine: Mariya Yaremchuk "Tick-Tock"
10 Belgium: Axel Hirsoux "Mother"
11 Moldova: Cristina Scarlat "Wild Soul"
12 San Marino: Valentina Monetta "Maybe (Forse)"
13 Portugal: Suzy "Quero ser tua" (I want to be yours)
14 Netherlands:The Common Linnets "Calm After the Storm"
15 Montenegro: Sergej Ćetković "Moj svijet" (Мој свијет) [My world]
16 Hungary: András Kállay-Saunders "Running"

Semi-final 2 (May 8th):
01 Malta: Firelight "Coming Home"
02 Israel: Mei Finegold "Same Heart"
03 Norway: Carl Espen "Silent Storm"
04 Georgia: The Shin and Mariko "Three Minutes to Earth"
05 Poland: Donatan & Cleo "My Słowianie - We Are Slavic" (Us Slavs - We Are Slavic)
06 Austria: Conchita Wurst "Rise Like a Phoenix"
07 Lithuania: Vilija Matačiūnaitė "Attention"
08 Finland: Softengine "Something Better"
09 Ireland: Can-Linn feat. Kasey Smith "Heartbeat"
10 Belarus: Teo "Cheesecake"
11 Macedonia: Tijana "To the Sky"
12 Switzerland: Sebalter "Hunter of Stars"
13 Greece: Freaky Fortune feat. RiskyKidd "Rise Up"
14 Slovenia: Tinkara Kovač "Round and Round"
15 Romania: Paula Seling & Ovi "Miracle"

Qualifed to the final (May 10th):
Germany: Elaiza "Is It Right"
Denmark (host): Basim "Cliché Love Song"
France: TWIN TWIN "Moustache"
Italy: Emma "La mia città" (My city)
Spain: Ruth Lorenzo "Dancing in the Rain"
United Kingdom: Molly "Children of the Universe"
[From SF1:]
Armenia: Aram MP3 "Not Alone"
Sweden: Sanna Nielsen "Undo"
Iceland: Pollapönk "No Prejudice"
Russia: Tolmachevy Sisters "Shine"
Azerbaijan: Dilara Kazimova "Start a Fire"
Ukraine: Mariya Yaremchuk "Tick-Tock"
San Marino: Valentina Monetta "Maybe (Forse)"
Netherlands: The Common Linnets "Calm After the Storm"
Montenegro: Sergej Ćetković "Moj svijet" (Мој свијет) [My world]
Hungary: András Kállay-Saunders "Running"
[From SF2:]
Malta: Firelight "Coming Home"
Norway: Carl Espen "Silent Storm"
Poland: Donatan & Cleo "My Słowianie - We Are Slavic" (Us Slavs - We Are Slavic)
Austria: Conchita Wurst "Rise Like a Phoenix"
Finland: Softengine "Something Better"
Belarus: Teo "Cheesecake"
Switzerland: Sebalter "Hunter of Stars"
Greece: Freaky Fortune feat. RiskyKidd "Rise Up"
Slovenia: Tinkara Kovač "Round and Round"
Romania: Paula Seling & Ovi "Miracle"

Last edited:
So Ruth Lorenzo joins Jedward in the X Factor finalists we forgot about until they did Eurovision as a last resort list.

Ah, Eurovision. Where Europop not only meets ridiculous production design, but makes the two synonymous. Australia sent a representative for a special presentation, apparently because Australia inexplicably loves Eurovision. But watching the coverage, it's 10% music and 90% sarcastic commentary, which probably makes out love explicable after all.

Vote UK if you're not in it :sly:

Doesn't matter that our song this year is crap, the quality of the song never seems to matter in Eurovision.

Seems we're off... Nice Atom in the intro. :D

I'm suprised they didn't use a Zenvo.

Eurovision is always a good show and usually hilarious, especially the hosts and the people that call in the votes... they always seem like they escaped from an asylum :lol:

I'm with you on Ukraine. I think they have the best chance this year. I was wrong with my "who has the best chance" last year though. :P

I love Graham Norton :lol: after all that commotion he said "oh, this is like the gay wedding I will never have".

Yeah when he said it under his breath I cracked up :lol:

The host guy looked proper peeved at Graham for making fun of his presenting :sly: Someone needs to translate the Chinese he said.

Missed most of it, last year out me off. Errrr interesting from Poland and France looking at highlights...

Yeah when he said it under his breath I cracked up :lol:

The host guy looked proper peeved at Graham for making fun of his presenting :sly: Someone needs to translate the Chinese he said.

I cracked up too :lol:

I expect a few people are peeved, he's been taking the piss all night.

What's so nice about Conchita Wurtz? Don't take it as homophobic or something, but... why? :eek::confused:
Armenia was a lot better IMO.

@Jimlaad43

It was the same thing as when they had to cancel the Prom's performance with an Israeli conductor a few years back. If you choose to represent a nation which is unpopular, expect to be unpopular yourself. (Although I must admit, I did feel a bit sorry for them myself.)

I cheated and exploited the fact that I'm currently in the UK to vote Nederland. Regret not voting Austria now. Conchita should win the Nobel Peace Prize for that speech.

Checking the Facebook page for the Eurovision, there's many comments about this win. Many of which isn't AUP friendly and suggestive to thinking the votes had been rigged.
--
I quite hoped for either Ukraine or Hungary to win. Netherlands was okay too.

The official Eurovision song was really good (Rainmaker). If that had actually been an entry it would have done well I recon.

Usually the voting is very political and spread out but this year there was a focused pattern across the whole of Europe which is very unusual.

I voted Greece, personally, but the winner wasn't entirely objectionable. Austria's song was great, their staging was epic... and the star was fabulous.

I felt that the overall quality of the songs was fairly high, though there weren't as many "fun" moments as in previous years. A slick show, though; not quite so drawn-out and tiresome as it usually is, barring the inane "China" jokes. I recognised one of the presenters from Borgen, but... well, he's better at drama than he is at comedy, I'll say that much.

It was okay, overall. And I can't say that I'm not disappointed about France coming last. ;P

Back