Eurovision Song Contest 2016 StockholmMusic 

• Thread starter Neddo
  • 37 comments
Russia vs Ukraine... that was some epic duel in the end :lol:

But, honestly, I didn't want Russia to win, anyway. If Lazarev won, we'd have another expensive event to host during the quite crappy economic situation. Same goes for Ukraine, though. I've seen a comment of a Ukrainian guy on YouTube - "Please, don't vote for us! We won't afford hosting this next year!".

Russia did well, too, Lazarev won the public part of the voting, good enough.

Anyway, congrats to Ukraine, let's see how they manage host ESC 2017. I have to admit the song was good, but... wasn't it political a bit? "1944"... I know that politics-related songs are forbidden on Eurovision.

I know that politics-related songs are forbidden on Eurovision.
Well that's something I wasn't aware of. I think this might only apply in a case in which it refers to a more or less recent event, though. Otherwise, they probably would've disqualified her already.

Well ... at least everybody did better than Germany. :lol:

To be honest, I'm not surprised about that. Has Germany ever brought something noteworthy (=|= cringeworthy, I might add) to the ESC table? I thought so.

I wonder how Ukraine is going to fund hosting the ESC next year? From what I know, they're not bathing in tubs full of money right now ...

???

:lol:

You did won with Lena thou

Anyway, congrats to Ukraine, let's see how they manage host ESC 2017. I have to admit the song was good, but... wasn't it political a bit? "1944"... I know that politics-related songs are forbidden on Eurovision.

It is not explicitly political. But the thing is that everyone associates it with Crimea, so they probably got a lot of sympathy votes.

I almost forgot. I didn't even know he went to the ESC with that song, well up until now at least. :lol:

I also forgot we won with Lena. People weren't too happy with her song over here, might be down to the extensive air time it got. (also, darn you! Now her song is stuck in my head. :lol:)

With the full results available on the Eurovision website, I wrote a Python script to compare them against my own ranking.

Danish jury member B disagreed the most with me, while the French jury agreed the most.

diff.png

Back