Event Creator

• Thread starter Devil240Z
  • 137 comments
United States
Olympia, Washington
Devil240Z
How has this not been suggested? The single thing that will give GT infinite replayability.
the ability to choose location, enemies, allowed cars/modifications. and number of events within and adjust all possible game/physics settings allowing full control over your GT experience.
And foremost to earn credits and race what and everything you want to.

Last edited:
One important thing left out of the suggestion so far is the ability to select realism options... tire wear, damage, slipstream strength, etc.

We should be able to run races however we want, whether it affects the career mode or not. GT has always been basically a sandbox, it's about time we were allowed to play in it [offline].

I reckon there should also be an option to decide how the race is started (Grid, rolling etc.). Also an option to decide where the player starts in the race and the amount of cars in the race.

Yes, great idea plus i would add a AI skill level that you can tailor to match your driving skill. It seems the professional setting is still easy to beat for the skilled driver so being able to adjust the professional AI to increase their lap times or aggressiveness would be nice.

GT2's Event Generator was the creator of some of the best, most competitive races i ever had in that game. And the wide variety of cars was very refreshing. The five race championship was the best option of the event generator.
Was that in arcade mode?
That secret menu thing from GT5 added an entirely new dimension to the game, even if it was just premium cars.
Whats this? I haven't heard of it.

Yes, great idea plus i would add a AI skill level that you can tailor to match your driving skill. It seems the professional setting is still easy to beat for the skilled driver so being able to adjust the professional AI to increase their lap times or aggressiveness would be nice.

we need AI to drive just like the AI in GTR and corvette missions they are very aggressive , trying to win and doesnt follow 1 line

How has this not been suggested? The single thing that will give GT infinite replayability.
the ability to choose location, enemies, allowed cars/modifications. and number of events within and adjust all possible game/physics settings allowing full control over your GT experience.

I would love to be able to race against my tuned cars in my garage...

like this?

Event Creator Choices:

–Choose the Tracks for the series (including order.. duplicates should be allowed)

for each track, choose:
-Time of day/Time Progression including Weather/Weather Changeability/Surface water
-Laps
-Qualifying / Set Grid Manually / Random Grid
-Standing / Rolling start
-Penalty Level

next screen, choose:
–Your car

–Field size
(2-16 cars)

–A.I. cars (choose individually, by PP or HP or Weight high and low limits, by Drivetrain, or by 'class'- Touring Cars, SuperGT, Kei Cars, Sports Cars, Wagons, Supercars, Classics, LMP, Multiclass, etc...
It would be ten times cooler if we could *create and save a Class- for example being able to choose from our garage AND the entire car list of gt5 to create a grouping of what you, personally, would call "Classic Sports Cars". Save this class and it will be in the list until you decide to modify/delete it.)

–A.I. group or individual Tires (sometimes you just don't want that Ford GT to run away from the pack by 2 miles. Seriously. That ish is boring. I'd rather hang out and battle the pack than chase the rabbit. Let me put some Comfort Soft tires on that Ford and let's see how he likes it.)

–A.I. group or individual Difficulty (1-10 like arcade mode)

–Tire wear, Fuel depletion, Grip on wet/off track, Slow Car Boost, Slipstream on/weak, Visible/Mechanical damage off/light/heavy..

–Finally, you decide points awarded for each finishing position/ or use the pre-programmed formula. Creating and saving different Points Systems would be nice.

–Prizes should be selected by a program that factors the total difficulty after all options are set- hopefully not by PP alone, as we've seen the crap results from that method (generated opponents in arcade, anyone?). Tire selection and # of races + race length should play big roles in deciding prizes. How about helmets, suits, car tuning parts, rare paint chips, and car tickets of all levels?

–GO RACE!

:gtpflag:

like this?

Event Creator Choices:

–Choose the Tracks for the series (including order.. duplicates should be allowed)

for each track, choose:
-Time of day/Time Progression including Weather/Weather Changeability/Surface water
-Laps
-Qualifying / Set Grid Manually / Random Grid
-Standing / Rolling start
-Penalty Level

next screen, choose:
–Your car

–Field size
(2-16 cars)

–A.I. cars (choose individually, by PP or HP or Weight high and low limits, by Drivetrain, or by 'class'- Touring Cars, SuperGT, Kei Cars, Sports Cars, Wagons, Supercars, Classics, LMP, Multiclass, etc...
It would be ten times cooler if we could *create and save a Class- for example being able to choose from our garage AND the entire car list of gt5 to create a grouping of what you, personally, would call "Classic Sports Cars". Save this class and it will be in the list until you decide to modify/delete it.)

–A.I. group or individual Tires (sometimes you just don't want that Ford GT to run away from the pack by 2 miles. Seriously. That ish is boring. I'd rather hang out and battle the pack than chase the rabbit. Let me put some Comfort Soft tires on that Ford and let's see how he likes it.)

–A.I. group or individual Difficulty (1-10 like arcade mode)

–Tire wear, Fuel depletion, Grip on wet/off track, Slow Car Boost, Slipstream on/weak, Visible/Mechanical damage off/light/heavy..

–Finally, you decide points awarded for each finishing position/ or use the pre-programmed formula. Creating and saving different Points Systems would be nice.

–Prizes should be selected by a program that factors the total difficulty after all options are set- hopefully not by PP alone, as we've seen the crap results from that method (generated opponents in arcade, anyone?). Tire selection and # of races + race length should play big roles in deciding prizes. How about helmets, suits, car tuning parts, rare paint chips, and car tickets of all levels?

–GO RACE!

:gtpflag:
I reckon you should just choose any car in the game to be used by the A.I instead of selecting a class. I'd hate making my own Super GT event but getting stuck with All Japan GT Championship cars. Also use this feature for legitimate cars that can be use.

...and also allow single race events. Not just championship race events.

...and also to save your event on an created event list.

...and also an option to ban certain cars (like X1s).

Last edited:
I reckon you should just choose any car in the game to be used by the A.I instead of selecting a class. I'd hate making my own Super GT event but getting stuck with All Japan GT Championship cars. Also use this feature for legitimate cars that can be use.

...and also allow single race events. Not just championship race events.

...and also to save your event on an created event list.

...and also an option to ban certain cars (like X1s).
I think he meant the classes as just easy defaults but obviously have the ability to get more specific with the cars in the field.

One of the events I would create if it does happen:

IndyCar Series (a replica of the real series)

Regulations:
PP Limit: 800PP or less.
Cars banned: All X1s.

Grid (Rolling - Double):
1. Formula Gran Turismo
2. ^
3. ^
4. ^
5. ^
6. ^
7. ^
8. ^
9. ^
10. Player
11. Formula Gran Turismo
12. ^
13. ^
14. ^
15. ^
16. ^

Fuel and Tyre Depletion is on Normal.

A.I difficulty: 8

Tracks (Championship):
Daytona - 20 Laps
Special Stage Route X - 5 Laps
Laguna Seca - 8 Laps
Indianapolis - 20 Laps
Cote d' Azur - 8 Laps
Willow Springs - 9 Laps
Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway - 20 Laps

I thought GT6 would of been the start of their online revolution, taking forward and expanding the community area, very much like iRacing has done. But no ... Sigh

I've always wanted a fully customizable event creator that pays according to what settings you choose. It should pay at least $100,000 per minute raced which is way less than GT5 seasonals with a 200% log-in bonus and pp adjustments.

Things I want to be able to customize and/or randomize in the event creator.

1. I want the option to pick individual AI cars.
2. I also want to option to race a certain class of car or a race based on hp or pp.
3. AI difficulty
4. AI aggressiveness
5. Number of laps
6. Track time and weather
7. I want the option to save these race settings to race again and share them with my friends.
8. I want the option to choose physics if GT6 does indeed have different physics models. I would prefer online physics.
9. I want the option to choose driving options like what aids I can or can't use.
10. I want the option to pick the number of AI cars.

I consider the idea or an event creator a must for the GT series. As a matter of fact if it is not implemented I won't be buying GT again. I don't like buying a game that is dead as soon as they shut down the servers. GT5 is headed towards that fate in March and at this time it appears that GT6 will share this fate.

My vote is here! This is the NUMBER ONE thing I would love to see in GT, but only if they let us create and SHARE these championships a la LittleBigPlanets levels system. I think the community would have awesome suggestions for races and this, combined with the course maker, should provide infinite replay value. If PD wants to divert itself from the 'other' racing game, this would be the way to do it, especially considering the vast number of cars and tracks on display here.

This would also negate other problems with GT6s offline and online modes. We have no endurance races? Well, why not make our own? We have a limited number of A-Spec events? Well hey, PD, no problem, we'll fix our own races, so you can focus on the rest of the game! Limited number of credits? Well, with all these championships I'll keep racing until the end of time, so that won't be a problem!

As much as I love GT, this is a feature that is so simple (or at least I guess) to implement, and adds so much to the existing game, that I don't understand why we haven't got it yet. This is not a critique on PD's ability to make events either, since I think many of them are very cool, and very original. Hell, I'd take inspiration from those to make my own and I would love to see what others come up with.

Do it, PD. Do it! GT is the king of racers, now chain yourself to the throne by throwing this in. You'll have my eternal consumership!

menu 4.jpg

the OFFLINE MODE it's far from optmized
Career mode don’t use damage, fuel/tire ware, practice
Arcade lost damage, fuel/tire ware, one make races and can’t provide options like
Practice/qualifying/race or a good grid selection
Seasonal events don’t let us race as we want when we want
RACE CREATOR FOR CAREER MODE
like with all features above,
1200 cars and 37 locations without a full race creator will always be a wasted opportunity
PD could let us build and add to career mode our own creations of offline races/championships .

In addition to all creation options already used by PD in career and the gt6 online race creator it could have:

- Option to save/delete any race/championship made by the player
- Option of race format: practice/race (choosing player's start position, middle or end)
practice/qualifying/race
- simple race/championship stats (as in picture )
- visible max of PP permited (as in picture)
- Option to suspend single races with more than 20 laps
- eligible cars selected one by one and how many of itch one (from dealership or our garage)
- addition of real on mechanical damage options
- addition of two new racing tires that last 30 and 60 minutes on track (like gt3 or endurance)
- fuel ware options as fast or realistic (real racing cars don’t refuel every 5 minutes)
- share our favorite races with friends
for competitive races:
- option to choose modified cars from our garage as eligible cars allowed only as they are now and not in their stock version
- Enable/ disable racing brakes on cars that don’t have them from stock/dealership
(Enabling racing brakes would force the a.i. to use them)
- Option to choose permitted tires one by one (forcing a.i. to use the same as player)
- Enable/disable a.i. copying player’s fine tunings (when a.i. is using the same car/mod)
- changing oil dont increase car's power
- our cars current "health" in % (as in pic bellow - green=98/100%, yellow=88/97%,red=0/87% "health"- when selecting a car from garage we would be seeing if the car is 100% or needs a visit to gtauto first. )
- our cars current PP in yellow when power has been limited (as in pictures bellow)

pictures from the thread - poll:race creator for career mode

Attachments

• menu 00.jpg
    menu 00.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 100
  • menu 0.jpg
    menu 0.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 100
  • menu 1.jpg
    menu 1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 99
  • menu 7.jpg
    menu 7.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 98
  • menu 5.jpg
    menu 5.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 99
  • menu 6.jpg
    menu 6.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 99
  • LET US PLAY 4.jpg
    LET US PLAY 4.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 98
  • we care, LET US PLAY.jpg
    we care, LET US PLAY.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

hi, devil240z, now its your time to lead ;)

Back