Event Creator

• Thread starter Devil240Z
  • 137 comments
If this is called an "event creator", we should be able to adjust our prize credits, and everyone who desperately wants plenty of cars will just make an easy event and the 1st place prize will be Cr. 50,000,000.
That's exactly why that shouldn't be an option. It would be too tempting for a lot of people, and take the fun out of the game. Prize credits should be auto-generated, and should be reasonable (not too high, not too low).

This has always been top of my wish list for every GT game ever. I simply want to hand pick the track and the cars that the AI uses to race on it. Even if the prize money was like the online races or the Sunday Cup, it would be my most used feature in the game.

All the other suggestions about regulations, grid starts, championships, variable AI skill etc are wonderful too.

In the past I thought PD would never do it as you could come up with infinite combinations and never buy the new game. However, the A spec mode on most games is very similar and is not the selling point of new GT games.

This should be an added option for arcade mode, but we should still be able to earn some big credits. If we had all of the cars in the game for arcade mode (as I've been saying it for the nth time), this would be Van-Über fun, and with quick-tuning features similar to GT4, (but with maximum power increase of 50% and maximum weight drop of 20%, also for the nth time), arcade mode of GT6 will be the ultimate gameplay ever with an event creator for arcade. An online event creator would also be nice.

I can make a very awesome and very long tournament (all road circuits) called the Ascension and Descention Tournament (all tracks, back to back, on a different order, two laps on each race.) Winner gets all the cars in the game in every color and livery and Cr. 50,000,000.

No restrictions, but you can't use the Red Bull X2014 Fan Car, the original Red Bull X2010 (along with the S. Vettel variant and the Prototype variant) and the X2011 Prototype.

I can make a very awesome and very long tournament (all road circuits) called the Ascension and Descention Tournament (all tracks, back to back, on a different order, two laps on each race.) Winner gets all the cars in the game in every color and livery and Cr. 50,000,000.

No restrictions, but you can't use the Red Bull X2014 Fan Car, the original Red Bull X2010 (along with the S. Vettel variant and the Prototype variant) and the X2011 Prototype.
Would be even better if each race had it´s car restriction (ex: Trial mountain reverse, 4WD; Nurburgring GT3 cars; La Sarthe, Prototypes, etc... 👍)

A great feature, that seems to be everywhere in other racing titles, but just isn't in GT for some reason. Complete flexibility over racing events would relieve the many, many, many frustrations met in the career mode races.

Full damage? Check!
Specific vehicles and not random mashups? Check!
Diverse track selection? Check!
Tyre wear and fuel depletion? Check!
An event lasting up to 24 hours in length? Sure, if you're ambitious!
All AI drivers called Garry? Check!

How about bringing across some B-Spec elements for the AI drivers? For longer races, decreased concentration will result in more frequent mistakes.

Could in game credits play a part in this? Maybe. Provided the feature isn't OP. Then again, getting money in GT nowadays is a ridiculously short process. For the first time, I could ignore the career mode entirely, and be the next chairman of the FIA within Gran Turismo... :D

They should make the event creator allow you to make up your own driver names too.

As for credits. They should be adjusted depending on the length and difficulty of the races.

Also putting in any car you want in the event would be awesome too (recreating the WSC would be awesome).

I think the bottom line here is that we want options, like the option to turn tire wear and/or fuel loss on. The most frustrating part is that GT5 had this option and it has been removed for our current game.

Choosing AI cars, AI difficulty and all the other suggested options would be amazing but at this point, I would be content with just getting back what we had before.

As it stands, I can't even run a NASCAR race against the AI because we would be running around in circles not needing to ever pit.

I'm starting to think that life-like races are not very important to the boys and girls at PD Studios. Heck, even the seasonal 'races' are called "race events where you must overtake opponents within the allotted laps blahh blah"

What the heck is that? Can we not use GT to learn good racecraft? The red bull challenge races PROVE that it is possible to have standing grid starts. Oh how great this game could be...

:guilty:

I'm starting to think that life-like races are not very important to the boys and girls at PD Studios. Heck, even the seasonal 'races' are called "race events where you must overtake opponents within the allotted laps blahh blah"

What the heck is that? Can we not use GT to learn good racecraft? The red bull challenge races PROVE that it is possible to have standing grid starts. Oh how great this game could be...

:guilty:
I agree and at this point, I think it is safe to assume that PD are just making events around the very sub-par AI rather than do any more tweaking. We can only hope they are allotting their time to making competent AI for the next edition. Sigh.

If this was a feature, I'd probably have a 1-hour endurance race around the new Circuito de la Sierra.
You might see the following types of cars racing:
  • Older GT500 cars (JGTC)
  • FIA GT3 cars
  • Some of the "Touring Cars" from GT5 DLC
  • The "Race Modified" cars from GT5
  • BMW M3 GT (there isn't really a category for it)
They'd all have racing numbers if applicable.
It'd be a standing start, and it will go all the way through Zahara's time progression before time expires and the race finishes.
This could be a "real" endurance race, even though it's only 1h (The longest races in GT6's career mode are 24 mins)

Some random events that I'd create: (Feel free to steal these and make into seasonals PD)

Title: Formula GT World Championships
Type: 7 Race Championship, with Practice, Qualifying and grid start
Cars: Formula GT
Tracks: Cote d'Azur, Red Bull Ring, Silverstone GP Circuit, Nürburgring GP/F, Spa Francochamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Suzuka Circuit

Title: Red Bull X2014 World Championships
Type: 7 Race Championship, with Practice, Qualifying and grid start
Cars: Red Bull 2014
Tracks: Cote d'Azur, Red Bull Ring, Silverstone GP Circuit, Nürburgring GP/F, Spa Francochamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Suzuka Circuit

Title: Evo - Impreza Wars
Type: 5 individual races, Rolling start. No qualifying
Cars: Any 16 of the 26 Subaru Impreza's and Mitsubishi Evo's that are exactly 281 BHP
Tracks: Tokyo R246, Special Stage Route 5, Rome, London, Special Stage Route 7

Title: Poster Boys
Type: 3 individual races, Rolling start. No qualifying
Cars: Ferrari, RUF and Lamborghini Road Cars
Tracks: Monza 80s, Brands Hatch 80s, Nürburgring GP/D

Title: Blainpain Endurance Series
Type: 5 Endurance Race Championship, with Practice, Qualifying and grid start
Cars: GT3 Cars with a PP range allowing us to tune cars like the Ferrari 458 and Mercedes SLS to have numbers and a spoiler
Tracks: Monza, Silverstone, La Sarthe, Spa, Nurburgring Nordschleife

Title: Classic British Marques
Type: 3 individual races, Grid start. No qualifying
Cars: Aston Martin & Jaguar Road Cars
Tracks: Brands Hatch Indy 80s, Silverstone International, London

Title: Classic Deutsche Marques
Type: 3 individual races, Grid start. No qualifying
Cars: BMW & Mercedes Road Cars
Tracks: Nürburgring GP/D, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest Raceway

Title: The 'One Model' Cup (Up to 1200 Various versions)
Type: 5 race championship, rolling start, no qualifying. Identical cars (different colours and numbers)
Cars: Separately: Caterhams, Minis, Citreon 2CVs, VW Beetles, Civics, Lupos, MiTos, Range Rover Evoques
Tracks: Any short tracks like Autumn Ring Mini, Brands Hatch Indy, Red Bull Short, Tsukuba etc

Starting to get more involved with online and club racing.

Some simple features would greatly improve the game play.
  • Pick specific car models - basically add another submenu
    once you pick the dealership. Perhaps even have someway
    to identify whom all in the room has that specific car. Like
    the icon changes color or something.
  • Allow up at least (5) consecutive races events to be set-up
    as part of the race event creation process. Pick the settings for each event.
    Basically a mini series or could just be (5) random races
    to allow say an hour or so of continuous racing at different
    locations.
  • For offline please give us at least 50 but 100 would be better slots
    for record times. This alone would improve time trial.
  • While on holiday/vacation have been setting up random events
    in the GT Planet club lobby - maybe see you there.
    Like to run 5 laps in 600 pp or less at tracks like Red Bull.

There are some awesome ideas here! I hope beyond hope that we are able to do this!

Plus, if we can use a custom track, invite friends, share the event as a "community event" that others can use for themselves, etc and so on...

Wow, think how many people would come back to GT, and stay! Awesome!

Another type of event that I'd create would be practice races for upcoming online events.

Quite often there isn't an existing offline event that matches up the car and track that you want to practice.
For example, if you have a powerful car then there's not many places you can race it and some of the older tracks have hardly any events. ie. Cote d'azur.

So in my new event creator I would pick the track and car that you're due to race in and add some quicker cars for the AI.
Set all the race settings the same as the online event that you're due to race. I.e. TCS off, grip real etc.

I know you can practice online, but you get no money for it and hardly any people to race against.

How is this not being worked on yet? Its the #1 requested feature underneath two things that will never happen but this actually could happen. I'm so tired of them just pooping out those VGT cars while things that actually matter are right there needing to be done.

That's exactly why that shouldn't be an option. It would be too tempting for a lot of people, and take the fun out of the game. Prize credits should be auto-generated, and should be reasonable (not too high, not too low).
It should calculate the prize by pp limits or distance of the race or something that cant be easily gamed for quick credits.

A little bit off-topic but this game coming out is what I'm most excited for, for awhile: http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Maker

I really think if a trend like this of custom building games/features can go out maybe we have a chance of an event creator for GT.

Custom events as a concept and feature in other games has been around for a long, long time. It would be so ridiculously easy to add it in, I can only assume Kaz doesn't want us to have that kind of freedom of choice when it comes to offline play. Why I have no idea.

I remember being maybe 8 years old and playing this game on my Super Nintendo:

RPM_Racing_cover.jpg

Event creator, track creator and editor. The light blue parts are ice and you could make any turns and jumps you wanted along with oil slicks and mines.

32192.jpg

The problem is not that it can't be done, it's that Kaz doesn't want us to do it.

Custom events as a concept and feature in other games has been around for a long, long time. It would be so ridiculously easy to add it in, I can only assume Kaz doesn't want us to have that kind of freedom of choice when it comes to offline play. Why I have no idea.
it'd be even a good way to simulate multi class racing and finally have fun with races, instead of the "every car, even rallycars" concept.

Can we get to 600 votes?

Setting up custom races in Assetto Corsa and doing battle with relevant opponents who actually know how to get around a track is so much fun and such a mental/physical workout that I may never go back to GT.

And I am a documented superfan who has been down since day one.

I would have set up my own Nurb endurance with GT3 cars this weekend if we had this. The 24 minute race is not enough!

Back