Event Creator

• Thread starter Devil240Z
  • 137 comments
Ideally PD should implement an fully featured event creator, but if PD were to release an update that takes all the options that are already available in GT6 and make them available in arcade mode that would be a huge improvement.
However PD doesn't seem to care about what players want or having realistic racing in their game.

FS7
Ideally PD should implement an fully featured event creator, but if PD were to release an update that takes all the options that are already available in GT6 and make them available in arcade mode that would be a huge improvement.
However PD doesn't seem to care about what players want or having realistic racing in their game.
What people want is different to something realistic. Something realistic is that they put championships that mimic real life races ( you know, 2 or 3 different version of the same race with different racing class, a FGT world championship, maybe a sierra event? Ah of course more rally events, to be added in pair with drifting and tt challenges) bruhhh creativity, where is it though?

In your community events, you can have up to 10 events.

It's not quite perfect, but it's better than absolutely nothing.
In other words, you can setup 10 individual events and have to keep track of points manually, therefore the championship feature I was referring to isn't in the game.

This, this, this, this. Being able to make my own events would probably make it so I'd never be able to tear myself away from the controller :D

ESPECIALLY if you would be able to create events for your own created tracks (I assume the track creator is returning).

It would also be very interesting (to me, at least) to be able to choose the AI cars! Either being able to specify an exact car, or to choose a random car from eligible candidates with certain criteria, e.g. "Cars with a BHP between 200 and 250", or "Racing cars from America", etc.

Anyway, this has my full support :)

Forza 6 almost had something similar to this for Free Play mode, where you can just select a volume from "Stories of Motorsport", choose the car class restriction and the drivetrain restriction then you are then just playing the career mode in a "sandbox" form. Same deal with rental cars not providing you with XP or money.

Imagine recreating GT4's "Gran Turismo Mode" using an offline event creator in GT7...

Forza 6 almost had something similar to this for Free Play mode, where you can just select a volume from "Stories of Motorsport", choose the car class restriction and the drivetrain restriction then you are then just playing the career mode in a "sandbox" form. Same deal with rental cars not providing you with XP or money.

Imagine recreating GT4's "Gran Turismo Mode" using an offline event creator in GT7...
In PCars I can create custom races in solo mode. All cars, tracks & options are available from the start, I can include free practice & qualifying or do race only and choose my starting position on the grid, have up to 44 AI opponents, set AI car selection to same car/same class/multiclass, choose number of laps, time of the day, weather, AI difficulty, tyre wear, damage, flags/penalties, etc. That gives the game infinite replay value.
It sucks that GT¨doesn't have something like that. I mean, what's the point of having cars & tracks if you can't setup proper races with them?

A problem an event creater could solve is money grinding. I also find that I spend all this money on building dream machines only to find I cannot find an event to use them at their full tune (particularly any cars over 650pp).

What if instead of grinding Nurburgring 24 hour over and over you create your own b-spec(a-spec) event that was much more interesting using the cars in your garage as opponents.

- At least interesting racing for grinding instead of your car crushing inept AI every time.
- You can use all of the tracks not in regular events
- You can use all the cars that often don't fit into regular restrictions without de-tuning
- Instead of being paid for position, get paid for the level of racing

Initially very inefficient but if you can provide a large field of varied cars, with close racing than bonuses to the rewards build up. Say 15k for a 30 minute race. However a 16 car field is +100%, completely unique field giving +100%, 400pp average giving +25 %, 800pp average giving +90%, a race with no gap greater than 2% of race length giving +100%, that drops 5% for every gap greater than 2% of race length. Overall race length is also added as a linearly increasing bonus.

By that system a 6 hour race using a 16 car field of roughly 750pp turbo LMP1 cars with all very small gaps should give you 2.2 million but that would only be under ideal circumstances. That same 6 hour race done by 6 (several identical), averaging 500pp cars that don't match performance wise would reward you less than 500k which for 6 hours is really bad. Just a thought.

How has this not been suggested? The single thing that will give GT infinite replayability.
the ability to choose location, enemies, allowed cars/modifications. and number of events within and adjust all possible game/physics settings allowing full control over your GT experience.
And foremost to earn credits and race what and everything you want to.
And with gt sport not looking to have an expansive single player, i hope for stuff like this! You got my vote and hopefully we can implement this in some GT title soon!

How has this not been suggested? The single thing that will give GT infinite replayability.
the ability to choose location, enemies, allowed cars/modifications. and number of events within and adjust all possible game/physics settings allowing full control over your GT experience.
And foremost to earn credits and race what and everything you want to.

I agree 200% on this. My idea is that you could manually select your opponents in order to make comparisons around a track, or drag races or many fan requests for so long. Imagine making your own German vs Italian car duel. Or whatever comparison can come to mind. Also, it would be great if the AI could be set like in Gran Turismo 4 or 6 where you could define opponent difficulty. Otherwise it would be a walk in the park always. Professional difficulty in GTSport is way to easy...

I really don't think it is too hard to bring to this game. Lets hop Kaz and his team can see this thread.

Back