Ever been surprised by some of the cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Elstro
  • 99 comments
  • 11,124 views
The Ginetta G4 is an absolute beast. Fully tuned it's 416kg and 276HP, an amazing power/weight ratio. It makes an Elise look like a giant SUV next to it. Unfortunately it likes to flip over on curbs
 
RM and blown Cappucino, laps the 'ring in 7.44. with only 133hp!

A what?
Blown-engine.jpg


Inb4 dumb nut American "blown" engines that should have the name "top mount supercharger".
 
VW Sambabus '62 in my opinion is a great vehicle when fully and properly tuned. 210 HP, Racing Soft, and Dropped as low as it can go is pretty much all you need to turn this thing into a track beast :D
 
I was also really quite suprised at the Dodge SRT8. All I did was lightweighted to the max, racing medium tyres, fully customizable suspension, twin clutch, semi-racing flywheel, lsd, carbon driveshaft (I think), titanium exhaust, cat. converter and headers and its heaps fun to drive. Very responsive for a car that still weighs 1400kg.
 
A what?
Blown-engine.jpg


Inb4 dumb nut American "blown" engines that should have the name "top mount supercharger".

Typo, meant Turbocharged. I was thinking about something else while writing:lol:
 
i had ben surprised by 2 cars , one is my m5 full tuned around 720hp , its a beast.
and the second is another beast , my litle 300zx 83 with 600hp+. , my 300zx could make 360kmh without cone.
 
When doing the golf seasonal even, I was pleasantly surprised with how well the GTI handled.
 
When doing the golf seasonal even, I was pleasantly surprised with how well the GTI handled.

Yes! I did this event with my gti mk1 and it was a blast. I was really surprised with how well the car handled.
 
By that I mean, if you're as sad as me, you've dismissed a car as underpowered, rubbish etc, just about good enough for the Sunday Cup....only to get bored on Gt5 one day and try it out....and be blown away by what a bit of smart tuning can do.

I have a fleet of Giant-killing machines in my garage that I'll wager many GTP-ers won't own, stuff like the Mazda Carol 360, Vauxhall Corsa Comfort, the '78 Mitsubishi Mirage GLX..

My real car is a Vauxhall Nova, which isn;t in any GT game, the Corsa is the closest I'll get to it. I tried and failed to get any merit (no pun intended - Vauxhall geeks only) from it in GT4 but gave a it a go again on GT5, using some settings from MadFINN's Pug 106 from GT4 (approximately same size and weight, FF,e tc)

Turns out the Corsa is actually a very talented little car. It can clear up the Clubman Cup (Amatuer), win the British Lightweights (Professional) both races of the tuned Turbo Trophy, and just about beat the Polyphony Digital cup (Expert). It also can win the Extreme-level European race. I also imagine the Opel version would clean up the Schwarzwald Liga A too.

Waffled on a bit, but just curious to see if boredom lead to surprises for anyone else :)



Lol, this is all I do! :sly: Look for underdogs and try to take down the big, arrogant horsepower monsters! I've been doing this since GT2.

And yea, the Madd Finns are magic tuners. 👍 I've used many of their suspension/brake/LSD tunes in GT4, haven't tried any in GT5 yet.

Elstro GTP Enthusiast
Proof of my persistent nature and how quick some of the 'rubbish' cars are:

My '49 VW Beetle 1100 is the most successful of all of my cars, even the supercars with a grand total of 21 different race wins. Not bad for something that only comes off the shelf with 25bhp..
____________________________

Yup. 👍 It's amazing how a "crap" car can sometimes make this huge profit margin, if only the driver would take the time to learn its capability.
 
A what?
Blown-engine.jpg


Inb4 dumb nut American "blown" engines that should have the name "top mount supercharger".

Ouch, that thing is still bleeding! Poor block...
 
Back