Ever been surprised by some of the cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Elstro
  • 99 comments
  • 11,127 views
Surprise with a negative sign is a Prius for me. Never drove it in real life, tried it in GT5 and I'm sure I'm not going to get it ever - it suuuuucks :)
 
The Mugen Motul Civic is suprisingly fun to drive. It's actually pretty quick out of the box and pretty nimble to boot.
 
I have the high RPM turbo in my VW Bus and like it. 202 hp and the traditional commanding view of the road. Does Suzuka in 2:24 and a top speed of 128 mph. I've owned 3 VW Buses in real life.

The Elise 111R Race Mod does Suzuka in 2:01 and the Suzuki GSX-R/4 does it in 2:00. If you don't race Suzuka much, Benz/Sauber or Bentley Speed 8 type cars do it around 1:40 and the Japanese series race cars do it in low to mid 1:50's.
 
Mazda AZ-1.
 
The skyline sedan! I only try stock supercars on the top gear test track to set my times to see how they all compare. One day I thought of making a japanese m5 killer of my own and it had to be somewhat streetlegal. I only added some power parts to get is up to around 400 hp, sports medium tires and suspension(no transmission mods or wheigt reduction).

I took it to the top gear track and said to myself what does one modded it car matter, it will be pushed out of the top ten by the other cars. It beat my enzo bu .2 seconds in around 1.21 minutes :S. I have 4 cars in de 1.21 minutes (standing start) and the skyline is in 3rd behind the 2 mclarens and the enzo is in fourth place haha.

I think its impressive even if the skyline has slightly better tires. You would expect that these supercars would outrun a heavy 4 door sedan with less power. The handling of that car is amazing. I know I can do better times with the other cars but I online do one lap with everycar and no practice rounds...
 
The Honda S800 RSC Race Car '68 has always been unusually quick for me. Been able to beat some supercars in and out of corners online.
 
New VW Golf fully tuned is pretty fun to drive around the ring. Bought this car for the Seasonal event since I couldn't drive the 01 version because I RM'ed it.
 
I was thoroughly impressed by how BAD the Prius was. I mean, it is shockingly awful. By the end of the race, I wanted to harm myself.
 
van.jpg



People laugh at first, but i bought a pink lfa to paint this van just for that reason. Its an underdog no doubt about it. AWD 10-90, racing softs, a hideous huge spoiler, 400+hp, 1384kg and a 157mph top speed. This thing pulls and handles like a champ.

To be honest I just made it because it was funny, then I realized it is actually incredibly fast. Its funny the amount of good cars this thing can beat. Runs the ring in average 7:30.
 
Last edited:
That's the mindset I had with a lot of the slow cars. However I've yet to try the Honda Odyssey!

And yes, sticky racing tyres work wonders for stuff like the Spitfire. A rear wing helps too.

Another discovery has been the New Beetle 2-litre. Set it up using someone's settings for the RM Golf GTI (same chassis)...310bhp, very quick, (2:04 IIRC around Monza) and lots of of lift-off oversteer. Stock, it's tediously slow.
 
That's the mindset I had with a lot of the slow cars. However I've yet to try the Honda Odyssey!

And yes, sticky racing tyres work wonders for stuff like the Spitfire. A rear wing helps too.

Another discovery has been the New Beetle 2-litre. Set it up using someone's settings for the RM Golf GTI (same chassis)...310bhp, very quick, (2:04 IIRC around Monza) and lots of of lift-off oversteer. Stock, it's tediously slow.

Honda Odyssey - Drifts well :lol:
Triumph Spitfire - Drifts well :lol:
I love making the slow and odd cars drift.
 
Surprised in a bad way perhapse. The Caterham isn't bad, just behaves different through the rev range than a Lotus 7 would. Handling doesn't have any faults, but the way the engine makes power is just....well different than what I expected.
Well, its a motorcycle engine and transmission, so that explains the gearing. It also behaves as if it has a really heavy flywheel, in the same way the Formula GT's RPM changes slowly up until it gets into its powerband.
 
Compared to GT3/GT4 the TVR Speed 12 is awsome.
1:02.5XX at Rome
But it is not the Car that should belong here (744kW is a bit to much power xD).

I like drivng the mm-r Cup Car it sounds very nice to.
And the Lutecia/Clio Trophy Car is a Drift-Monster its awsome. (278kW)

Also to be mentioned: The s2000 LM-Race-car 285kW and superb handling
 
the lotus elise 111R..its nothing close to what the TG special event shows how the car is like

This thing is unbelievable round corners; it can absolutely massacre 458's, gallardo's and the like.
 
Today I got a big suprise by a car.

I am a classic car fan, but most of the time just drive with premiums. So I had a look at the UCD and bought an Alfa Romeo GTA from the 60s.

And man, this car looks beautiful for a standard and drives fantastic. I played GT Legends on PC and I can tell you, the GT5 version beats it.

 
Last edited:
In the spirit of this thread I just had to upload what I mentioned last might with the Fiat 500 against the Supercar Nostalgia cup. Too funny:lol:

 
I have the high RPM turbo in my VW Bus and like it. 202 hp and the traditional commanding view of the road. Does Suzuka in 2:24 and a top speed of 128 mph. I've owned 3 VW Buses in real life.

The Elise 111R Race Mod does Suzuka in 2:01 and the Suzuki GSX-R/4 does it in 2:00. If you don't race Suzuka much, Benz/Sauber or Bentley Speed 8 type cars do it around 1:40 and the Japanese series race cars do it in low to mid 1:50's.

Put the Mid-Range Turbo in the Samba it'll Make 210 BHP :dopey: Weird I know but for some reason it works way better

Great Thread for finding Giant Killers OP 👍
 
In the spirit of this thread I just had to upload what I mentioned last might with the Fiat 500 against the Supercar Nostalgia cup. Too funny:lol:



Did it say that the fiat had 888 BHP? The quality made it hard to tell. And I was online yesterday, and some guy had a Dodge Viper ACR that was just rocking the house against everyone else. I was the only one who could bet him, since I had a ZR1 RM with tuned BHP. Which by the way is a very nice car, a giant beater if you will. (Since it can beat most, if not all LMP's.)
 
Did it say that the fiat had 888 BHP? The quality made it hard to tell. And I was online yesterday, and some guy had a Dodge Viper ACR that was just rocking the house against everyone else. I was the only one who could bet him, since I had a ZR1 RM with tuned BHP. Which by the way is a very nice car, a giant beater if you will. (Since it can beat most, if not all LMP's.)

Ha it did look a bit like it didnt it. No its 88BHP. Imagine a Fiat 500 with that amount of power lol:lol:
 
Stune, that was inspiring.
Going to quit cycling through the GT Word C'ship trying to find the GSXR/4 in the UCD and just hot rod the **** outta my little Fiat.

Looks like a blast.

This is a great thread. With the previous versions of GT I used to do this all the time but haven't got around to it yet with 5.
 
That was great fun!!!
This little Fiat is a blast.
Takes a bit to get up to speed but watch out once it does.
Have some hilarious photos from my races. Will post them shortly.
First try came third, had second locked up but one of the Ferrari's shunted me from behind.
Second try was in the lead out of the last corner but that damn Lambo ate me up on the straight. Second place.
Third try is a charm. First place. Not for lack of effort by the Lambo however. He totally blasted me from behind just before the finish. I tried getting out of his way to avoid a "bump win". But we both went the same way. Ended up in the wall and a bit sideways but a wins a win. Too much fun.
 
The little Mitsubishi electric car for the latest seasonal...not a bad car to drive....Being MR its actually responsive to throttle input and you can pull pretty nice 4 wheel drift with the car....much better than that Prius for the last seasonal....

If the real electric car drives like that, we might have something for this green car thing...
 
I dunno, this Mitsubishi electric sounds like my dentist's drill on steroids. I think they exaggerated the noise that electric cars produce quite a bit. It makes it almost unplayable for me, even though the car does drive ok.
 
As close to an Abarth edition as I could make it... James May would be proud.

Two wheel action in my little Fiat 500.
168105_1797608380817_1257988630_2082020_3802892_n.jpg


Trying to mate with a Stingray.
178983_1797609580847_1257988630_2082026_5723778_n.jpg

163450_1797610500870_1257988630_2082029_1702518_n.jpg

166414_1797611460894_1257988630_2082033_1338609_n.jpg


Got the lead out of the last turn....
167289_1797612500920_1257988630_2082036_6644615_n.jpg


Little love from behind by the Lambo.
163630_1797613500945_1257988630_2082039_4356500_n.jpg


Ended up in the wall, but crossed the line first.
163740_1797614260964_1257988630_2082041_2382958_n.jpg
 
I have yet to attempt this race in the 500. My Karmann Ghia managed 5th place at Laguna Seca.
 
I really like my Nissan Silvia 240RS '83. Cool little car, not a ton of HP but it's very light.

I was very impressed with this car too. I tuned it to the max and that FJ24 really moves!
 
Honda NSX RM. Very Nice to drive, and with "just" 300 kW it can really fly around the tracks. Very Impressive car, and after
playing it online today, i fell in love with that car

But this is a stadard car, so no cockpit view, I can not have a car impress me w/o cockpit view, sorry! That being said, why did they no simply use the other NSX cockpit?
 
The Mugen Motul Civic is suprisingly fun to drive. It's actually pretty quick out of the box and pretty nimble to boot.

+1 - the first thing that popped to mind when I saw the thread.
 
Back