Exactly How Many Cars Will Forza 5 Have? All 670 Of Forza 4+120 new?

• Thread starter Macrinus
  • 112 comments
Yes, he did say that they valued quality over quantity first. Be he still said it had more stuff than Forza 2. It's not really selective...Well...it is, but it still doesn't make any sense to say "Yeah, we just want the game to look good, and on that note, It does look better and have more things in it than Forza 2. Which was launch-window title for the 360." Isn't that kinda like Porsche saying "Yes, the new 911 uses new materials and things and what's even more impressive that this one was built this year, and is thus, newer than the 2010 model."
It is selective. You picked one portion of that article out & tried to act as if Dan was stupid for saying it. You failed to also bring up him explaining why he said that & why the car count is low. It is irrelevant that he said it at all because he reinforces his point.
And Slipz, you HAVE GOT to stop reading my posts as if I'm serious. Serioulsy, if something I post seems selective, I'm usually trying to be silly and point out silliness. Like the above paragraph. I really don't care what you think about my posts at all, and all you really make me do, is explain the butt of my satire...which is boring. No one wants to read me going on about how Forza 5 looks really good, and they were actually going for quality. Likewise, no one needs me to say that Gran Turismo's standards look awful 'cause we have you to do that for us.
Satire? Silliness? You posted that genuinely to make Dan come across as an idiot. And what you're doing now is back tracking & defending what you post. You may not care what anyone thinks about what you post, but that doesn't mean you can just post whatever you want & be free from responses.

Still sticking with Forza. It's a good quality list of cars, and while tracks will most likely be DLC I can live with that.

Can't wait to get behind the wheel of the Atom V8.

They dropped nordschliefe (because it was a terrible representation, so I understand why they dropped it) - so on the basis of that, and the fact that Fanatec wheels are not supported = heck no.

They dropped nordschliefe (because it was a terrible representation, so I understand why they dropped it) - so on the basis of that, and the fact that Fanatec wheels are not supported = heck no.
They didn't drop Nordschliefe.

They didn't drop Nordschliefe.
Well, sort of, but only until January when it's launched as DLC. I don't remember if they announced a price or if there will even be one.

As I said though, I would be very interested to hear your reasoning behind saying that FM2 was the high point, because you're the first person I've heard say that.

Well this is the main question here that people seem to want to know how I can say FM2 was the high point from a racers perspective. First, it is the opinion of most everyone I know in the Forza community. I've watched a friends list that was once filled with Forzaheads turn into a list of people who play anything but Forza. Those people will tell you FM2 was the best. I've watched car club after car club (including my own) pretty much walk away from the game due to the direction change.

Remember, Forza was initially billed as GT killer. A racing "simulator" for the consoles. Even had the definition of the word simulation in loading screens in FM1. After FM2 there was a clear change in direction. It's not a secret, Dan himself is quoted all over the place talking about how he wants the game to be more about car lovers than simulating racing.

Go back to FM2 and count all the racing related features that are now gone. Local leaderboards, a simple feature that should be standard on any racing game (Sonic Sega All Star racing had local LB's for god's sake) is gone. In lobby tuning, a feature beloved by racers, hotlappers and tuners alike gone. Tournament mode gone. Career leaderboards...gone. Exhibition mode...gone. I could rattle stuff off all day, but it will serve no point. As those who are dug in to defend this game will defend it regardless. Those who are dug in to defend the other game will defend that. But the fact of the matter is to the many who think the series is going downhill (a opinion supported by sales figures) since FM2 is many racing features have been removed while many graphics related features have been added.

As far as the unrealistic setups and physics go. FM4 has just as many ridiculous cars and unrealistic setups. They're just different cars and since most aren't American muscle noone says a word. As far as the physics go. To be honest, they're not any different. I know they talk about tire models and all that, but after recently going back and playing some FM2 about the only thing that feels any different to me is the controller buffers. And atleast in FM2 if you wanted real, balanced and realistic racing you had 4 options...R4-R1. Another thing gone...balanced racing classes.

Last edited:
Well, sort of, but only until January when it's launched as DLC. I don't remember if they announced a price or if there will even be one.
That's delayed, not dropped. It's only a quarter or half strike against the game rather than a full strike as it appeared to be in the guy I replied to's post.

The lack of wheel support is more serious (not to me as I use the pad) but that's less Turn 10's fault than Microsoft's.

Why do people keep saying this? Turn 10 is a 100% owned entity of Microsoft. Turn 10 is Microsoft.
No, Turn 10 is a Microsoft Studio. Turn 10 does not sit in their offices telling the hardware division what dimensions Surface Tablets should be. They don't tell them new features to add to Office.

But Turn10 didn't turn up one day and say "Hey let's scrap current Gen wheel support and make everybody buy new ones" did they?

I don't know what they did. Neither do you or anyone else here. But I do know they do have a new exclusive deal with a new wheel manufacturer and that's the real reason why there will be no fix for the Fanatecs. Either way, Microsoft is T10 and people wanting to separate them just so they can be mad at one while showering the other with unconditional love is just plain sillyness. Turn 10 is Microsoft.

Spoon and Mugen is to Honda, as T10 is to Microsoft.

EDIT: Eh, after reading it, its not really a good example at all. Close enough though haha.

SVT to Ford, AMG to Mercedes. Dice to EA, T10 to MS. But you're talking to someone that has their mind made up they are right and has their fingers in their ears while yelling.
Next time I have a problem with the Android on my tablet, maybe I should write a sternly worded letter to YouTube. It's all their fault!

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/permalink/6227727/6227960/ShowThread.aspx#6227960

RH: Fair enough. And then there's lots of questions going on about driving wheels, ie Fanatec

DG: Honestly yeah that's not a Forza question; I understand why people are asking, absolutely, so I'm not saying it's a bad question but we're on the software side, not the hardware side.

Last edited:
That's delayed, not dropped. It's only a quarter or half strike against the game rather than a full strike as it appeared to be in the guy I replied to's post.

The lack of wheel support is more serious (not to me as I use the pad) but that's less Turn 10's fault than Microsoft's.

Dropped the existing Nordschiefe track that has been around forever, and won't be there on release, I'd say that qualifies as dropped, at least for now. It will certainly be back, and I'm sure greatly improved, as the old render wasn't accurate at all.

Dropped the existing Nordschiefe track that has been around forever, and won't be there on release, I'd say that qualifies as dropped, at least for now. It will certainly be back, and I'm sure greatly improved, as the old render wasn't accurate at all.
Dropped for launch. Postponed for FM5.

Because Turn 10 doesn't decide what Microsoft is doing. They may have some influence, but they're not calling the shots.

Arrrgggh....They are the same company. Period. Excuse it away if you musts. But what you're doing is a bit like hating on General Motors because you bought a crappy Buick. But still proclaiming your love for Buick and how it must be GM's fault. They're one in the same.

Arrrgggh....They are the same company. Period. Excuse it away if you musts. But what you're doing is a bit like hating on General Motors because you bought a crappy Buick. But still proclaiming your love for Buick and how it must be GM's fault. They're one in the same.

You've sort of proven the point @eran0004 was making; some choices are simply out of T10's hands. You don't get mad at the dog's tail for knocking your vase over; you get mad at the dog.

Nope, that's not at all what it's like. Buick builds the cars, so if you don't like it, your issue would be with Buick. In your scenario, if you didn't like your Buick, you would go complain to Chevy because they're both owned my GM.

T10 did not, does not, nor will they ever build the Xbox.

They are different companies, one is owned by the other. Xbox One is made by Microsoft. Forza 5 is made by Turn 10. Turn 10 is owned by Microsoft. You could say that Microsoft makes both FM5 and XB1, but you can't say that about Turn 10.

In the solar system of Microsoft, this is what it looks like:

FM5.png

Dropped the existing Nordschiefe track that has been around forever, and won't be there on release, I'd say that qualifies as dropped, at least for now.
I really wouldn't say it qualifies as being dropped since they've announced that it'll be here pretty soon. It's not as if it were Infineon with no announced release date so I don't quite understand your point. There were features that weren't added to GT5 at release. They weren't dropped, just delayed like FM5 Nordschliefe.

Back