Example of MoTeC data analysis

• Thread starter ALB123
  • 316 comments
Hey guys, I don't really understand "Corr Speed" compared to "Vehicle Speed". From what I saw, it looks like the latest is the speed shown on the gauge / in the game while running, whereas the first is some sort of corrected speed which would try to compensate for wheelspin, but it looks weird with GT6 data. Basically, a run with a tuned Scirocco R gives me Cspeed = fastest wheel speed (front), and Vspeed = non-powered wheel speed (rear). It's on SSRX, so I haven't looked at that in corners.

I'm thinking the game already corrects the speed and shows your real travelling speed already, so the Corr Speed here would be off. So it seems to me using "Vehicle Speed" would be more appropriate to check out 0-100 or stuff like that in GT6. Any confirmation / infirmation ?
In my test (FR), VehicleSpeed is virtually equal tot front wheel speed. No clue hoe corr. speed is calculated.

Could you confirm that rear wheel speed < vehicle speed on acceleration?

On FWD cars : actually, RWspeed = Vpeed, it's FWspeed > Vspeed on lower speeds (when acceleration is higher). But close to top speed (when the acceleration is slow / null), RWspeed = Vpeed again, but FWspeed < Vspeed.

On a RWD, the phenomenon is inverted (FWspeed <> RWspeed).

Didn't tried out 4WD cars, but it may be interesting to see how it behaves with 50-50 ratio and something more like 70-30.

I think Corrected Speed is measured via some vector mathematics based on the position of the car along the length of the track against a function of time. You can probably find out exactly how CorrSpeed is measured in the help files, no?

Of course, forgot to check that, my bad. This is what the manual says about Corrected Speed :

Corrected Speed
The Corrected Speed calculation provides methods of ensuring that the speed is as accurate as possible and for ensuring that it can be calculated irrespective of which wheel speeds were logged.

Fastest Wheel
The Corrected Speed can be calculated from the faster of two wheels to avoid errors from wheel locks. This is the recommended method for the Corrected Speed calculation.

Alternate Channel List
The Corrected Speed can be calculated from a number of alternate wheel speed inputs; for example Wheel Speed Front, Wheel Speed FL, Wheel Speed FR. The first channel in the list that exists will be used to give a versatile setup that automatically caters for different logging configurations. This is important for users that deal with a number of different vehicles with different setups.

G Correction
G Correction is useful when only one wheel speed sensor is used as it can correct wheel locks. Ensure the Longitudinal G sensor is correctly calibrated.

Still somewhat foggy, but at least we know what parameters it takes into account, and that it seems irrelevant for GT6.

Hi Guys!

I tried to export my 7 lap roadster TC race to motec but it show only a one long 16min lap.

How can I fix it?

Edit. This trac is Red bull ring full

Attachments

• motecGt6Data.jpg
    motecGt6Data.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 76
You can choose when you want to split the lap acquisition. I don't remember which option I used, but you can.

I tried to export my 7 lap roadster TC race to motec but it show only a one long 16min lap.

How can I fix it?

There are two files exported, ending in .ld and .ldx . The .ldx file contains the lap beacons, and motec should import them and split the logged data into multiple laps. If you don't have the .ldx file, you can insert beacons in the lap editor but it's more comfortable and accurate to use the exported beacons.

I really need to start doing this. So I have a few questions;
Where on MoTeC's site do I download the Analyzer?
Does the Analyzer work offline or do I need to be connected to the internet?
Will the program run on Windows XP?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers!

Thanks! I greatly appreciate it! Now I just have to wait till I get home tonight and see if I can install it on my 17 year old Desktop.
(In case your wondering, it still works because it was only connected to the internet once!)

Thanks! I greatly appreciate it! Now I just have to wait till I get home tonight and see if I can install it on my 17 year old Desktop.
(In case your wondering, it still works because it was only connected to the internet once!)

Not sure what the sys req is, but if it worked on my old computer it should work on most.

Not sure what the sys req is, but if it worked on my old computer it should work on most.
Well my desktop wouldn't work because it needed the service pack 3. I only had service pack 2, and I wasn't risking hooking it up to the internet. So I got out an old laptop, and got it working. HOLY CRAP Theres a lot of stuff. It's going to take me some time to figure it out!:lol:

Back