EXCLUSIVE GT5:P Spec II - NINTH update (NEW DFGT Wheel Hands-On, April 18)

  • Thread starter Thread starter amar212
  • 2,456 comments
  • 423,993 views
I'm playin' through GT2 right now, but I can't imagen playing GT1, 2 and 3 before GT5:P comes
 
It's not a hefty chunk in "percentage of final content" terms, but as a cohesive game experience, the same percentages don't really apply. Still, I guess it's a pointless debate on my part because I'll be getting it anway!

LOL and so Prologue claims another victim
 
LOL and so Prologue claims another victim
Haha, indeed! Up until a week ago I was all set to get Prologue anyway, but since learning about all the extra content for the EU version, it almost had the negative effect on me in that I felt it might spoil things for when I get the final version. I've got high hopes though!
 
You better have!

Is there going to be anymore updates from Amar212?
 
F40_wp0_1024.jpg


720p I'm afraid and I don't like it but looks ok with XMB LOL anyone got a link to some BIG pics...I'm bored, no Amar update.......

Oh yeah it is a GT5p shot......dose look real got after a lttle touch up, original was a little off on the front scoop
 
Haha, indeed! Up until a week ago I was all set to get Prologue anyway, but since learning about all the extra content for the EU version, it almost had the negative effect on me in that I felt it might spoil things for when I get the final version. I've got high hopes though!


There's a song in there somewhere ;)

Enjoy it for what it is ...a taster
 
I'm playin' through GT2 right now, but I can't imagen playing GT1, 2 and 3 before GT5:P comes
I played through GT1 a few weeks ago. It's a great game! Only got the disc one from GT2 :(
 
F40_wp0_1024.jpg


720p I'm afraid and I don't like it but looks ok with XMB LOL anyone got a link to some BIG pics...I'm bored, no Amar update.......

Oh yeah it is a GT5p shot......dose look real got to give it that

You gotta be kittin'! That IS real life

I played through GT1 a few weeks ago. It's a great game! Only got the disc one from GT2 :(

Arcade disc right?

I've got all the "final" versions of the GT games, even though GT2 only works on my PS3 (Kinda). None of the songs work.
 
yeah that IS real huh????? :scared: I mean that looks..... REAL!!!!!!

I mean it, that has got to be real (Or GT7 graphics)
If that really is in-game I'm gonna scream!:crazy:
 
Now this one although not big enough for a wallpaper is a head scratcher....LOL

R8.jpg
 
Awww no, the tyres are incorrect...damn, such a shame! :yuck: [/sarcasm]

The car in that image is in motion - would the tyres not apper thinner anyway due to the speed of rotation increasing their diameter a bit?

About your sarcasm: As F2007 is an open wheel car, its quite easy to catch the correct/incorrect size of its tires. Specially if you have pics of the two versions (real & game) side by side. And i know F1 cars very well. There are lots of games out there featuring open wheel cars with the wright size tires and i expect no less from PD, quite honestly.

About the motion thing: the car in the real photo is in motion too so, thats not the point. Besides theres a lot of pics of the GT5P F1 (even still) and in all of them the tires are too thin.

You know, i prefer (if i see something wrong in a pre-game) to give feedback so things can be worked before the final version comes out (GT5) than get all excited and criticize anyone who pointed out some wrong details to improve the game like you did.
 
Now that's in-game, but still almost real

PS: Where do you find these pics?
 
Still no news on the update for the JP GT5p.
 
Still looks real to me!

Edit: Which it is!!!
 
I know this video is REALLY old, but watch around 2:30 part... It proves that Full GT5 will have full motion animation. You can see how much mirror effects made into current GT version then before.

 
That F40 has normal windows the GT5 version is the one with the race windows that don't go open.
 
It's posted as being an in game shot, and the original is named as GT5 shot, so I'm asumeing it is.......I did clean it up quite a bit in regards contrast exposure ect and then just a hint of blur to get rid of the sharp lines.......I'm asumeing it's GT5p but the more I look at it the more I'm confused LOL, hang on got an idea to prove it or not.........OK Hang on guys, I've been duped! it is a real pic! the french have duped me again. the black bar on the original was stuck on to mask stuff from the original pic! apologies for that. It dose however show the standard of graphics in GT5p is so close to photorealistic it can have us scratching our heads from time to time! Heres the original posted on the meri station website as a GT5 shot.....
F40_wp0_1024.jpg


F40_wp0_1024.jpg
 
Well, prove yourself wrong! :lol:
 
I know this video is REALLY old, but watch around 2:30 part... It proves that Full GT5 will have full motion animation. You can see how much mirror effects made into current GT version then before.



Cool. I must've miss that part.

Anyway, I hope they fix it sooner than later, and specially the little lag in the virtual wheel animation. Is no big deal when you are driving around, but it's annoying when you see an onboard replay.
 
It's posted as being an in game shot, and the original is named as GT5 shot, so I'm asumeing it is.......I did clean it up quite a bit in regards contrast exposure ect and then just a hint of blur to get rid of the sharp lines.......I'm asumeing it's GT5p but the more I look at it the more I'm confused LOL, hang on got an idea to prove it or not.........OK Hang on guys, I've been duped! it is a real pic! the french have duped me again. the black bar on the original was stuck on to mask stuff from the original pic! apologies for that. It dose however show the standard of graphics in GT5p is so close to photorealistic it can have us scratching our heads from time to time! Heres the original posted on the meri station website as a GT5 shot.....
F40_wp0_1024.jpg

I knew it was a real pic all the time (Or did I?)
 
Guys that is a real pic.. hah
 
Got to find a F40 GT5p pic from that angle now to compare them LOL
 
I thought it was pretty easy to tell that wasn't a GT5:P pic, it just doesn't look like one even if you could take a pic of the car on a black background, thie lighting and contrast ect is wrong, besides it looks blatantly airbrushed. Besides that, it's not even right model F40 that is in GT5:P.
 
A question for amar212 and others with the PAL game: if you save replays of new vehicles (F40, GT-LM, F2007, etc.) and then attempt to load the replay in an imported Japanese copy, what happens? Assuming that these cars are "hidden" in the JPN copy is, of course, a tremendous stretch of the imagination and highly doubtful, but it would be an interesting discovery nonetheless.

I know this is one for amar to answer but I like your lateral thinking Jordan! :)

What if all these cars have been in JPN prologue all along waiting to be unlocked with the release of the US/EU versions... what if there are more hidden nicey's in there like night driving..... hmm you never know.

Remember the hidden stuff in GT4P.... the SSR5 which never made it to the final release, The alpine track (forgotten the name), Hong Kong was hidden and so was the Las Vegas drag strip along with the Venice photo location which you could drive on the water! plus all the cars that were there as opponents could be driven if hacked............That was a lot of hidden stuff!

PD have a history of putting in easter eggs like this but with new PS3 software it may be harder the crack...

In theory loading a replay on a Japaniese prologue might work and the other cars may be revealed in the pack... its a long shot and as you said imaginative thinking but I would also like to know what happens if you try it!

Robin
 
Back