Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

Intermediate Level RC Deep Forest Seasonal | Sports Soft | Winner! :tup:

Funny little car, very nimble... Never knew the Camber and Toe were fixed values... :odd:

Intermediate Level RC Deep Forest Seasonal Winner! :tup:

A nice surprise, handles great and no understeer (FF)... :)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  2. Burned_Rubber

Burned_Rubber

Thank you for this beauty! This car marks my first clean (yet conservative) lap at NBRing. My 7.24.xx time wasn't that impressive, but the stability of this tune amazed me! I was on the edge of my seat till the end of my first lap. That's right, it was a clean lap on my first go at it. Bravo sir, bravo:bowdown:

Another very good tune for the NBR. Not quite a stable as the ZZII, but even after a flipping (literally) wipeout and numerous spinouts due to the track edge (this car doesnt like those too much), I still managed a 7.33.xx on my second lap.
    I only stiffened the suspention a bit and brought up the lsd decel to help control rotation under braking.
    Being 4wd cars, both were driven with abs 1 only. Now if PD would allow customization of non racecars with the front aero kits we buy:banghead:..
    Thanks again, keep 'em coming!!!

3. dahcmai

dahcmai

MP4-12C'10 is what I used for Nurb, no contest really. Had to draft the last two on the straight, but that was the only tough part where I thought I might lose. Even messed up a little and mowed some grass in a section.

Badger66, Pete05 and shaunm80 like this.
  4. LordJCS

LordJCS

This one works like a charm. Just turn the power down after you're done with the tune.

The option for "inch 1 up" is wrong since it can't even be chosen.

5. shaunm80

shaunm80

Yes indeed. That Gazoo is a little weird.. I have to agree with you on that one. Nice and nimble though.

My first (and only) win came from the Honda CR-Z. Amazing handling on that car, not the fastest but you really can throw that thing around.

I shall try both of these out.. I don't like the ring so anything that makes it easier for me will be great.

I too shall give this car a go at the ring. It is one of my favourite cars in the game and I really need all the help I can get on the ring.

I am currently making a GT3 version of this car.. Its going to be epic. :)

6. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

:tup: A nice little car indeed...

I am testing your Oullium Spirra tune now at the NRing, and let me tell you, the car sure is fast but if you touch the grass a tiny bit, its over... :grumpy:

Badger66 and Pete05 like this.
  7. shaunm80

shaunm80

That car is on the list for a retune. It is a little touchy.. :)

8. shaunm80

shaunm80

Well, my day has been mostly spent making a wardrobe. Nice to see that all my tunes are being put to the test on this weeks seasonals. Thanks guys for all the updates on which are good for gold. :)

Badger66, Pete05 and danbojte like this.
  9. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

Just to confirm the great car it is...

Expert Level NRC NRing Winner! :tup:

pacorro36 and Badger66 like this.
  10. shaunm80

shaunm80

I am definitely going to be trying this tune after I get the TV. If this fails, I will be using the F458 Italia tune as that is my old faithful when all else fails.

Badger66, Pete05 and cbarbosa like this.
  11. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

Indeed it's a great car, but at 550PP starts to suffer a tiny bit from power limitation. Other then that, it devours those corners!

Also, this is mentioned on the seasonals thread:
    I'm sure you'll win it... :)

12. shaunm80

shaunm80

Shoddy driving at the ring makes the other AI drive slower does it? Excellent. Shouldn't be too hard.. :)

13. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

It seems it is, but then you have to floor it hard and do a perfect race... The McLaren surely is fit for it...

14. shaunm80

shaunm80

Great news! I got gold on the nurburgring seasonal. Took it on the second to last corner with the McClaren iPod. It is a great tune for that track. I can finally not care about that particular seasonal anymore. Way to stressful!

15. LordJCS

LordJCS

McClaren iPod you say?! :odd:

Anywho.. Congrats on finally golding the green hell event.

:cheers:

16. shaunm80

shaunm80

MP4-12C.. It sounds like an iPod. Granted, its so much more than one and an amazing car, Just the name.. :)
    I came very close with the Ferrari 458 Italia. I drafted past the lead rabbit but then I carried too much speed into the final corners and went off into a spin. The Ferrari 458 Italia is an amazing car too, If only the driver skill was up to the job.

17. LordJCS

LordJCS

Ahh.. I see..

Is it the length of the track that has resulted in you not driving on there and learning to know it by heart? Or is there some other reason?

I admit i was put off by that track when i first encountered it in GT4. But i decided that i wouldn't be outsmarted by a track and grabbed the bull by the horns so to speak. Began to drive smaller and less powerful cars in order to get a feel for the racing line and braking points. Once i cleared a clean and relatively fast lap i went up a notch in performance and did the same thing. Basically alot of rinse and repeat at this stage. It did however pay off in the end. Managed to fling around the fastest of lmp's with confidence around the green hell.

Now we're on GT6 and i now know that track as the back of my own hand thanks to all the practice i had with the two other versions of the game.

We need to have a track day at the green hell so you can learn the in's & out's of the track. Once you get the hang of it and understand the track it'll be that more enjoyable to drive on.

The green hell also serves as a great testbed for tuning. If a tune works there, then it will most likely work on most of the other race/road tracks, if not all.

:cheers:

Sorry for the wall of text.

18. shaunm80

shaunm80

Its the unforgiving nature of the track. I know the track, I can drive cars around the track but one off, spin or trip into the sand traps at the end of the track means that your never getting first place and its a long race to re do. I can fly round that track in the McLaren MP4-12C or the Ferrari 458 Italia with confidence as I know the cars ability, I can throw it round corners and drift the long corners to gain time. I actually like the track, it ranks high in my track favourites but it doesn't make for an easy win due to its unforgivingness. I like to get gold on whatever event it is on there and leave it be. To many failures on that track will bring a man to despair. :)

19. LordJCS

LordJCS

What was the nature of the mistakes? Missed braking points? Running too high up on the curbs? Or was it due to the so called AI?

What laptime did you get with the "iPod"?

chrisspeed281, Badger66 and Pete05 like this.
  20. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

I feel the same way.
    I fell in love with the Nordschleife after seeing it for the first time in the videotape "In car 956" back in the late '80's.
    Naturally, I didn't remember 99% of it when it came to GT but I've lapped the place 1000's of times since & absolutely love it.
    I understand why the car makers test there too.

danbojte and Badger66 like this.
  21. shaunm80

shaunm80

Surprisingly, my tunes don't get too upset by the kerbs at the ring. That doesn't pose to much of an issue. It is mainly the AI sticking to the middle of the road, when I over take, I have to go half on the grass which means that I have to brake later (not an issue for the iPod) but its just driver error mostly. Carrying too much speed or just the rear end snapping on me if I catch a rear tyre on the verge. As I say, I know the track, If I'm in the groove, I can hit all the braking points correctly. As I say, I just lack the driver skill to fully maximise any car on this tricky track. I must say that I prefer Sierra track as it is a bit more forgiving and easier to master.

22. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Some of the kerbs at the 'ring are ok & others act like a launch pad.
    Overtaking there is a game of waiting for the right moment. When they used to have DTM races there in the early 90's, the drivers would bide their time and then there'd be a 4 wide mad dash down the Dottinger Hohe for the finish line.
    I'm expecting to live in reset city when I finally get to tackling the new Sierra track.
    Come to think of it, I should probably buy a reserve DS3

23. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

Itermediate Level RC Deep Forrest Seasonal Winner! :tup:

Excellent rotation, allows to attack corners much faster and agressively... Great tune! :)

24. Badger66

Badger66

Well done mate...:tup:

I still have to do this one...when i get a chance today...:tup:

I think i will give the Jag a go on here...:cheers:

LordJCS, Pete05 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  25. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

Now at 0.60 :tup:

Intermediate Level RC Deep Forrest Winner! :tup:

The tune is great, but I simply don't like the car...

LordJCS, shaunm80 and Pete05 like this.
  26. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

Mr. L, do you mind if I take her on a date? :D

EDIT: Again, double post!? :mad:

Badger66 and LordJCS like this.
  27. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Suddenly everyone wants to make the pussy purr :sly:

28. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

Guess she´s taken already...

29. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

I haven't had the pleasure but I suspect you have to play nice or kitty scratch

30. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

:tup: