Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Toyota Gazoo Racing Toyota 86 166 '12

500PP
372 BHP
1095kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Racing Hard Tyres (Also works with SS Tyres)

NO Oil Change

Height Adjustable FC Suspension

85/90
15.50/19.00
6/6
5/7
3/5
1.5/3.5
-0.50/1.00

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed 112mph
1st 2.837
2nd 2.223
3rd 1.769
4th 1.457
5th 1.239
6th 1.089
Set final gear to 3.540

FC LSD
14/18/24
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 97.6%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Downforce
F/R
150/290
Ballast - Set 50kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

This one will make you work for the GT300 Championship but it is certainly capable of winning all the races.

View attachment 177041
View attachment 177042

Intermediate Level RC Deep Forest Seasonal | Sports Soft | Winner! 👍

Funny little car, very nimble... Never knew the Camber and Toe were fixed values... :odd:

Honda CR-Z Touring Car
494PP
306 BHP
965kgs
Weight Distribution 55:45
Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change
Inch Up: 1 Wheels

FC Suspension

F/R
75/85
10.50/7.00
6/6
5/6
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.04/0.00
Racing Brake Kit
7/8
FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.829
2nd 2.230
3rd 1.757
4th 1.443
5th 1.222
6th 1.085
Set final gear to 3.340
FC LSD
10/12/16
Set power limiter to 100.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Downforce
200/425
Ballast - Set 55kgs to Position 50
Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.
A Front wheel drive Touring Car which has the handling of a rear wheel drive car. Very sweet!
View attachment 168242
View attachment 168243

Intermediate Level RC Deep Forest Seasonal Winner! 👍

A nice surprise, handles great and no understeer (FF)... :)

Last edited:
TommyKaira ZZII '00

600PP
607 BHP
920kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Soft Tyres

Change Oil
Inch Up: 1 Wheels
Custom Wing Type B

FC Sus

F/R
80/80
8.00/11.00
6/6
5/5
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 2.916
2nd 2.244
3rd 1.749
4th 1.419
5th 1.194
6th 1.052
Set final gear to 3.300

FC LSD
F/R
10/16
14/20
16/24
Torque Dist Centre Diff
35:65

Set power limiter to 96.0%
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Downforce

F/R
150/350
No ballast

Very fast car, handles well, lots of grip available. Drive it sensibly and it will pay you back with good, consistent times.

View attachment 129977
Thank you for this beauty! This car marks my first clean (yet conservative) lap at NBRing. My 7.24.xx time wasn't that impressive, but the stability of this tune amazed me! I was on the edge of my seat till the end of my first lap. That's right, it was a clean lap on my first go at it. Bravo sir, bravo:bowdown:

Subaru S206 NBR Challenge Package '12

585PP
634 BHP
1275kgs
Weight Distribution 52:48

Sports Soft Tyres

Aero Kit Type A
Change Oil

FC Suspension
F/R
130/140
6.00/7.15
6/4
4/7
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

Standard transmission

FC LSD
F/R
10/12
12/15
15/20
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft
Torq Dist Centre Diff

Set to 40:60

Power limiter 100.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 60kgs to Position 50

View attachment 135150
Another very good tune for the NBR. Not quite a stable as the ZZII, but even after a flipping (literally) wipeout and numerous spinouts due to the track edge (this car doesnt like those too much), I still managed a 7.33.xx on my second lap.
I only stiffened the suspention a bit and brought up the lsd decel to help control rotation under braking.
Being 4wd cars, both were driven with abs 1 only. Now if PD would allow customization of non racecars with the front aero kits we buy:banghead:..
Thanks again, keep 'em coming!!!

Jaguar XKR-S '11 (Seasonal Tune)

560PP
560 BHP
1400kgs
Weight Dist 51:49

Aero Kit Type A
Change Oil
Inch Up Wheel 1

Painted with the Military Paint from the other seasonal (looks awesome)

Sports Hard Tyre

FC Sus
F/R
100/100
11.00/10.00
6/8
5/7
2/6
0.0/0.0
-0.12/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
7/6

FC Trans (Set after power parts installed)
Set final gear to 4.500 (if gears don't match try 5.000)
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 2.639
2nd 2.019
3rd 1.581
4th 1.280
5th 1.082
6th 0.953
Set final gear to 2.600

FC LSD
6/8/5
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Power Limiter set to 98.5%
All engine parts Standard.

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 58kgs to Position 50

Time set with TCS 1 and ABS 1 = 1.14.5
Time set with TCS 1, ABS 1 and SRF ON = 1.13.1

Give it a go without SRF to see what you can do, then to improve that time to someone who has a wheel, turn SRF on.

View attachment 111147

This one works like a charm. Just turn the power down after you're done with the tune.

The option for "inch 1 up" is wrong since it can't even be chosen.

Intermediate Level RC Deep Forest Seasonal | Sports Soft | Winner! 👍

Funny little car, very nimble... Never knew the Camber and Toe were fixed values... :odd:

Intermediate Level RC Deep Forest Seasonal Winner! 👍

A nice surprise, handles great and no understeer (FF)... :)
Yes indeed. That Gazoo is a little weird.. I have to agree with you on that one. Nice and nimble though.

My first (and only) win came from the Honda CR-Z. Amazing handling on that car, not the fastest but you really can throw that thing around.

Thank you for this beauty! This car marks my first clean (yet conservative) lap at NBRing. My 7.24.xx time wasn't that impressive, but the stability of this tune amazed me! I was on the edge of my seat till the end of my first lap. That's right, it was a clean lap on my first go at it. Bravo sir, bravo:bowdown:

Another very good tune for the NBR. Not quite a stable as the ZZII, but even after a flipping (literally) wipeout and numerous spinouts due to the track edge (this car doesnt like those too much), I still managed a 7.33.xx on my second lap.
I only stiffened the suspention a bit and brought up the lsd decel to help control rotation under braking.
Being 4wd cars, both were driven with abs 1 only. Now if PD would allow customization of non racecars with the front aero kits we buy:banghead:..
Thanks again, keep 'em coming!!!

I shall try both of these out.. I don't like the ring so anything that makes it easier for me will be great.

MP4-12C'10 is what I used for Nurb, no contest really. Had to draft the last two on the straight, but that was the only tough part where I thought I might lose. Even messed up a little and mowed some grass in a section.

I too shall give this car a go at the ring. It is one of my favourite cars in the game and I really need all the help I can get on the ring.

This one works like a charm. Just turn the power down after you're done with the tune.

I am currently making a GT3 version of this car.. Its going to be epic. :)

Yes indeed. That Gazoo is a little weird.. I have to agree with you on that one. Nice and nimble though.

My first (and only) win came from the Honda CR-Z. Amazing handling on that car, not the fastest but you really can throw that thing around.

👍 A nice little car indeed...

I am testing your Oullium Spirra tune now at the NRing, and let me tell you, the car sure is fast but if you touch the grass a tiny bit, its over... :grumpy:

McLaren MP4-12C '10

550PP
425 BHP
1195kgs
Weight Distribution 48:52

Sports Hard Tyres

Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
80/85
10.50/15.75
5/5
4/4
1/4
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.04

Standard Brakes
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.570
2nd 2.844
3rd 2.290
4th 1.875
5th 1.581
6th 1.367
7th 1.206
Set final gear to 2.510

FC LSD
10/12/20
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 67.4%
All power parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 90kgs to Position -50

Tuner notes: Set up the 600PP SS version on Page 22 first. When that has been set up, copy the setup and then remove power part. If you try and set this version up before the SS, the transmission settings won't be the same as stated in this tune.

View attachment 226846
View attachment 226847

Just to confirm the great car it is...

Expert Level NRC NRing Winner! 👍

I am definitely going to be trying this tune after I get the TV. If this fails, I will be using the F458 Italia tune as that is my old faithful when all else fails.

Indeed it's a great car, but at 550PP starts to suffer a tiny bit from power limitation. Other then that, it devours those corners!

Also, this is mentioned on the seasonals thread:
Do a sloppy first sector and take advantage of how the AI adjusts their pace to yours.

I'm sure you'll win it... :)

Indeed it's a great car, but at 550PP starts to suffer a tiny bit from power limitation. Other then that, it devours those corners!

Also, this is mentioned on the seasonals thread:

I'm sure you'll win it... :)
Shoddy driving at the ring makes the other AI drive slower does it? Excellent. Shouldn't be too hard.. :)

Great news! I got gold on the nurburgring seasonal. Took it on the second to last corner with the McClaren iPod. It is a great tune for that track. I can finally not care about that particular seasonal anymore. Way to stressful!

McClaren iPod you say?! :odd:

Anywho.. Congrats on finally golding the green hell event.

:cheers:

McClaren iPod you say?! :odd:

Anywho.. Congrats on finally golding the green hell event.

MP4-12C.. It sounds like an iPod. Granted, its so much more than one and an amazing car, Just the name.. :)
I came very close with the Ferrari 458 Italia. I drafted past the lead rabbit but then I carried too much speed into the final corners and went off into a spin. The Ferrari 458 Italia is an amazing car too, If only the driver skill was up to the job.

MP4-12C.. It sounds like an iPod. Granted, its so much more than one and an amazing car, Just the name.. :)
I came very close with the Ferrari 458 Italia. I drafted past the lead rabbit but then I carried too much speed into the final corners and went off into a spin. The Ferrari 458 Italia is an amazing car too, If only the driver skill was up to the job.

Ahh.. I see..

Is it the length of the track that has resulted in you not driving on there and learning to know it by heart? Or is there some other reason?

I admit i was put off by that track when i first encountered it in GT4. But i decided that i wouldn't be outsmarted by a track and grabbed the bull by the horns so to speak. Began to drive smaller and less powerful cars in order to get a feel for the racing line and braking points. Once i cleared a clean and relatively fast lap i went up a notch in performance and did the same thing. Basically alot of rinse and repeat at this stage. It did however pay off in the end. Managed to fling around the fastest of lmp's with confidence around the green hell.

Now we're on GT6 and i now know that track as the back of my own hand thanks to all the practice i had with the two other versions of the game.

We need to have a track day at the green hell so you can learn the in's & out's of the track. Once you get the hang of it and understand the track it'll be that more enjoyable to drive on.

The green hell also serves as a great testbed for tuning. If a tune works there, then it will most likely work on most of the other race/road tracks, if not all.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Ahh.. I see..

Is it the length of the track that has resulted in you not driving on there and learning to know it by heart? Or is there some other reason?

I admit i was put off by that track when i first encountered it in GT4. But i decided that i wouldn't be outsmarted by a track and grabbed the bull by the horns so to speak. Began to drive smaller and less powerful cars in order to get a feel for the racing line and braking points. Once i cleared a clean and relatively fast lap i went up a notch in performance and did the same thing. Basically alot of rinse and repeat at this stage. It did however pay off in the end. Managed to fling around the fastest of lmp's with confidence around the green hell.

Now we're on GT6 and i now know that track as the back of my own hand thanks to all the practice i had with the two other versions of the game.

We need to have a track day at the green hell so you can learn the in's & out's of the track. Once you get the hang of it and understand the track it'll be that more enjoyable to drive on.

The green hell also serves as a great testbed for tuning. If a tune works there, then it will most likely work on most of the other race/road tracks, if not all.

Its the unforgiving nature of the track. I know the track, I can drive cars around the track but one off, spin or trip into the sand traps at the end of the track means that your never getting first place and its a long race to re do. I can fly round that track in the McLaren MP4-12C or the Ferrari 458 Italia with confidence as I know the cars ability, I can throw it round corners and drift the long corners to gain time. I actually like the track, it ranks high in my track favourites but it doesn't make for an easy win due to its unforgivingness. I like to get gold on whatever event it is on there and leave it be. To many failures on that track will bring a man to despair. :)

Its the unforgiving nature of the track. I know the track, I can drive cars around the track but one off, spin or trip into the sand traps at the end of the track means that your never getting first place and its a long race to re do. I can fly round that track in the McLaren MP4-12C or the Ferrari 458 Italia with confidence as I know the cars ability, I can throw it round corners and drift the long corners to gain time. I actually like the track, it ranks high in my track favourites but it doesn't make for an easy win due to its unforgivingness. I like to get gold on whatever event it is on there and leave it be. To many failures on that track will bring a man to despair. :)

What was the nature of the mistakes? Missed braking points? Running too high up on the curbs? Or was it due to the so called AI?

What laptime did you get with the "iPod"?

Ahh.. I see..

I feel the same way.
I fell in love with the Nordschleife after seeing it for the first time in the videotape "In car 956" back in the late '80's.
Naturally, I didn't remember 99% of it when it came to GT but I've lapped the place 1000's of times since & absolutely love it.
I understand why the car makers test there too.

What was the nature of the mistakes? Missed braking points? Running too high up on the curbs? Or was it due to the so called AI?

What laptime did you get with the "iPod"?
Surprisingly, my tunes don't get too upset by the kerbs at the ring. That doesn't pose to much of an issue. It is mainly the AI sticking to the middle of the road, when I over take, I have to go half on the grass which means that I have to brake later (not an issue for the iPod) but its just driver error mostly. Carrying too much speed or just the rear end snapping on me if I catch a rear tyre on the verge. As I say, I know the track, If I'm in the groove, I can hit all the braking points correctly. As I say, I just lack the driver skill to fully maximise any car on this tricky track. I must say that I prefer Sierra track as it is a bit more forgiving and easier to master.

Some of the kerbs at the 'ring are ok & others act like a launch pad.
Overtaking there is a game of waiting for the right moment. When they used to have DTM races there in the early 90's, the drivers would bide their time and then there'd be a 4 wide mad dash down the Dottinger Hohe for the finish line.
I'm expecting to live in reset city when I finally get to tackling the new Sierra track.
Come to think of it, I should probably buy a reserve DS3

Lotus Motor Sport Elise '99

500PP
236 BHP
705kgs
Weight Distrubution 45:55

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
80/85
7.60/14.50
5/6
5/7
3/5
1.0/0.5
-0.08/0.12

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.775
2nd 2.171
3rd 1.718
4th 1.416
5th 1.209
6th 1.064
Set final gear to 3.960

FC LSD
10/14/22
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 96.2%
Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Downforce - Set to 125
Ballast - Set 54kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

View attachment 175770
View attachment 175771

Itermediate Level RC Deep Forrest Seasonal Winner! 👍

Excellent rotation, allows to attack corners much faster and agressively... Great tune! :)

Great news! I got gold on the nurburgring seasonal. Took it on the second to last corner with the McClaren iPod. It is a great tune for that track. I can finally not care about that particular seasonal anymore. Way to stressful!

Well done mate...👍

I still have to do this one...when i get a chance today...👍

I think i will give the Jag a go on here...:cheers:

0.00/0.20 (Non-changeable on screen)

Now at 0.60 👍

Scirocco GT24 (Volkswagon Motorsport) '08

500PP
366 BHP
1150kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Change Oil
Racing Hard tyres

FC Sus
60/60
10.50/17.00
6/6
5/5
3/4
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.20 (Non-changeable on screen)

Racing Brake Kit
7/6

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.576
2nd 2.030
3rd 1.584
4th 1.303
5th 1.115
6th 0.988
Set final gear to 2.750

FC LSD
12/16/22

Set power limiter to 98.0%
Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
all other power parts standard

Downforce
150/300
Ballast - Set 30kgs to Position 30

This car suspensive does not yet you change the Toe angle which makes the turning a little bit jerky at times through sharp corners. It does have good handling through long corners though.

Edit 2/3/14 - Tune has been revised slightly. Suspension and LSD have been adjusted to make the steering less jerky. Feels smoother to drive now.

View attachment 121554

Intermediate Level RC Deep Forrest Winner! 👍

The tune is great, but I simply don't like the car...

Here goes.

Jaguar XKR-S '11

Specs:
Performance 550pp
Power 536bhp
Weight 1500kg
Weight dist 49:51
---------------------
Oil change

Wheels stock

Areo parts- stock

Tires: SS
---------------------

Suspension:
F R
Rideheight: 85 90
Springrate: 14,45 10,85
Dampers C: 8 6
Dampers E: 6 8
Antiroll bar: 1 3
Camber: 0,0 0,0
Toe: -0,05 0,03

Brakes st 8 10
------------------------
Power:

Powerlimiter: 91,1%
sports exhaust.

No other parts needed.
------------------------

Body:

Weight reduction: Stage 3
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction

Ballast: 158kg @ 50 (weight dist 49:51 @ 1500kg)

No areo parts.
-------------------------
Drivetrain:
LSD:

Initial torque: 8
Accel: 18
Brake 8

Carbon propshaft
triple plate clutch
-------------------------

NOTE: Set power and weight before this stage!!

Drivetrain transmission:
Fully custom

Set final gear: 4000
Max speed: 220km/h (137mph)

1st: 3,011
2nd: 2,382
3rd: 1,907
4th: 1,559
5th: 1,288
6th: 1,087
-------------
Final gear: 2,400