Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Well.... This FITT testing turned out to be quite interesting to say the least..

First initial run of all cars entered for this event is complete.. Gonna have another couple of runs tomorrow in order to come to some kind of conclusion.

:cheers:
As long as you enjoyed it, thats the main thing :)

Well.... This FITT testing turned out to be quite interesting to say the least..

First initial run of all cars entered for this event is complete.. Gonna have another couple of runs tomorrow in order to come to some kind of conclusion.

:cheers:

I see your as fast building and testing cars as in track... 👍

Me, between taking notes, scoring calculations and the test itself, only have done 2 cars... :(

Have just ordert a Thrustmaster T500RS so now I have to vail 2-3 days
That's a sweet wheel. Those pedals look awesome!! :D Sadly, I don't believe that the T500RS is PS4 compatible either. It might "work" with it, but I believe the new wheels that are marketed specifically for the PS4 have an additional button on them. I think it's called "share", if I'm not mistaken. That's why I've been holding off - I was going to take advantage of that awesome Amazon.com sale and grab a G27, but not if I won't be able to use it with Gran Turismo 7... :grumpy:

As long as you enjoyed it, thats the main thing :)

It sure was fun. Now i have a baseline when it comes to the different traits all these cars have. Tomorrow is going to be spent squeezing as much time out of them as i possibly can.

Some of them have real potential, that's all i can say right now.

I see your as fast building and testing cars as in track... 👍

Me, between taking notes, scoring calculations and the test itself, only have done 2 cars... :(

Calculations you say?! Sitting with glasses on and a giant calculator infront of you? :D Only kidding..

Shall I Bye A Logitech G27 or A Thrustmaster T500RS..?
They are on par with each other, the T500 is still in production while the G27 is not. The T300 is cross platform in that will work on the PS4 already. The T500 I think has interchangeable wheels while the G27 has add on's.
In theory all lodgictec wheels will get software patches to work on the PS4 while the thrust masters may not as they are still producing wheels.

*ment to post this two hours ago it didn't go through on my phone sorry.

A Spec Seasonal Races (Updated 27/11/14)

The usual request from me. Don't be shy about telling me which tunes you used for any of this weeks A Spec Seasonal Races. I will add them to the list below so other people know which tunes have been successful at achieving gold.

mm2.JPG

Beginner Level Japanese ’90s Car Challenge (540PP SH)
Honda NSX ‘99 (500PP SH)
Honda NSX Type S Zero ‘99 (500PP SH)
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD, J) '95 (450PP SH)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R34) '99 (500PP SH)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R32) '94 (540PP SH)
Toyota Celica GT-FOUR (ST205) '98 (500PP SH)

Intermediate Level Italian Festival (500PP SH)

Abarth 500 '09 (400PP SH)
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizone '08 (550PP SS) - Detuned to reach PP with SH tyres added
Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 Sports ´09 (411PP SH)
Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91 (seasonal setup)
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 '61 (450PP SH)
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 (550PP SS) - Detuned to 500PP SH
Ferrari 512BB '76 (499PP SH)
Ferrari California '08 (550PP SH - Detuned to 500PP SH)
Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 (450PP SH/SS)
Ferrari SP1 '08 (550PP SS - Detuned to 500PP SH)
Lamborghini Reventon '08 (550PP SS - Detuned to meet PP range)

Expert Level British Lightweights (520PP SH)

Light Car Company Rocket Car '07 (600PP SS - Detuned to meet PP)
Light Car Company Rocket Car '07 (Seasonal tune - Detuned to meet PP)
Lotus Elise 111R ´04 (500PP SH)
Lotus Elise Sport 190 '98 (500PP SS) - With SH Tyres
Lotus Esprit Sport 350 '00 (550PP SS) - With SH Tyres
Lotus Elise Type 72 '01 (500PP SS) - With SH Tyres
McLaren MP4-12C '10 (550PP SH - Detuned to 520PP SH)
McLaren MP4-12C '10 (600PP SS - Detuned to 520PP SH)
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 ‘97 (500PP SH)
TVR Griffith 500 ‘94 (500PP SH)
TVR Tamora '02 (500PP SH)
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 (525PP SM - FITT Entry) Detuned to 520PP with SH Tyres.

Last edited:
The Japanese '90 i won easy with the Nissan Skyline Spec '94 (R32)...The Italian Festival was done with the Alfa 8C within 32 sec. (a Lancia Delta Integrale is pretty enough) and the British Lightweight i won with the Lotus Elise 111R , the TVR Tamora '02 and the TVR Tuscan speed 6 so far :) There is no Rubberbanding at this new Seasonals

Edit : Ferraris and Lambos are good if you like to overlap the AI's

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Special (R34) ´99 (500PP SH)

Intermediate level Italian Festival (500PP SH)

Easy wins with all cars

Last edited:
This batch of seasonals was easy.

Had a blast on the Italian event with your Ferrari Dino tune(450pp).. That car is a pure beast in that pp bracket. Too bad it doesn't sound as good as it performs, but i guess we can't have it all...

The brittish lightweight event proved to be quite fun.. Lotus Elise 111R made for blistering fast laps. The ammount of speed that car has is mental.. i also tried your LCC Rocket Seasonal tune you built for the hotlap around the same track. Had to nerf it down on power quite a bit to get that car to be eligible for this event. i also had to alter the final gear to compensate for the lack of power. Managed to slink by the rabbit just before the second to last corner on the final lap.

Fun fun..

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R32) '94

540PP
501 BHP
1300kgs
Weight Distribution 52:48

Sports Hard Tyres
Change Oil
Aero Kit Type B
Inch Up: 1 Wheels

FC Sus
F/R
85/85
5.00/6.25
8/9
6/7
3/5
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
6/8

FC Trans
Set final gear to 5.000
set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.292
2nd 2.572
3rd 2.038
4th 1.670
5th 1.425
6th 1.263
Set final gear to 2.650

FC LSD
6/8
8/10
5/8
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft
Torw-Dist Centre Diff

40:60

Set power limiter to 91.4%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - set 70kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1

Originally, this car was going to be an 550pp Sports Soft beast. However, this car had very strange handling characteristics. Almost MR type driving characteristics. So, after an hour or so, I switched to Sports Hard tyres and detuned the engine power to 540pp so it would fit into the Japanese 90's Challenge.

About 10 races later, this was the outcome. Godzilla is definitely here. In a straight line, nothing in the Japanese 90's range will keep up. In the corners, well, it likes to slide! and the tyres generally go from blue to red to blue very quickly but if you treat it like a go kart in the corners, you'll have fun through them.
The grande finale for this beast is the exhaust, it's like it stole a dustbin lid and modified it into a car exhaust!

Enjoy!

View attachment 123284

Yikes!! You could fit a smartcar up in that "fart cannon"..

You are on pace with me with 2.04s around Silverstone then. Good effort :) I shall investigate the '03 version at some point and see what that does to my time.

The best thing about the two M4 versions is that they appear to be interchangeable. Find a setup you like on one car, it will work on the other. A win win in my book. Thats one reason I've made lots of different versions that have slightly different handling characteristics.

I agree about the BMW M4 being a great drift machine. Got me gold on the first attempt. Lovely car all round. I shall add the Fezza to the list of 2wd winners. I love that drift car, ultimate in car control whilst going sideways.

I am a little confused. Did I tune this car and not realise? I don't recall this car being tuned up by myself as yet. Glad the car get you gold though, always good to find new good cars at that level :)

I believe you had a tune posted somewhere! BTW I appreciate the work you and others put in regarding car tunes. I have used your tunes as well as others numerous times to get a car tweaked and I'm never disappointed. TY!

McLaren MP4-12C '10

600PP
640 BHP
1195kgs
Weight Distribution 47:53

Sports Soft Tyres
Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
80/85
10/50/16.00
5/6
4/7
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.05

Racing Brakes
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 137 man
1st 3.570
2nd 2.844
3rd 2.290
4th 1.875
5th 1.581
6th 1.367
7th 1.206
Set final gear to 2.510

FC LSD
10/12/20
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 98.2%
Sports Exhaust

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 90kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

View attachment 170217
View attachment 170218
Just for giggles, I set out to gear a car as close to 50% power limit as i could. PL 50.9, full aero kit (from a previous GT3 tune of mine) LSD Decel lowered to12, final gear around 3.200, ABS1 only. All else exactly as tune. Very easy win at Brands Hatch. Couldn't spin out if you tried (unless I hit grass, of course :rolleyes:). Even lapped the last place competitor.:D Finally got my Trailblazer Trophy. Easy 1:40.00's throughout. A decent first attempt for me with this machine. I think I'll kick up the Accel a bit though, I noticed a bit of understeer coming out of some turns. Still, much fun to be had with this car. Great tune for a great car :cheers:

The Japanese '90 i won easy with the Nissan Skyline Spec '94 (R32)...The Italian Festival was done with the Alfa 8C within 32 sec. (a Lancia Delta Integrale is pretty enough) and the British Lightweight i won with the Lotus Elise 111R , the TVR Tamora '02 and the TVR Tuscan speed 6 so far :) There is no Rubberbanding at this new Seasonals

Edit : Ferraris and Lambos are good if you like to overlap the AI's
Which Elise 111R tune did you to get gold with? I couldn't see the dedicated SH tune so did you use the SS version and put some SH tyres on it? Goods wins too for the seasonal events.

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Special (R34) ´99 (500PP SH)

Intermediate level Italian Festival (500PP SH)

Easy wins with all cars
411PP is a very good win indeed. thats way under the PP limit. Very impressive.

is there no tunes for CORVETTE STINGRAY RACER CONTECPT ´59
It is on the list of cars which I have to work on. Not finished as yet, not yet started really but it will be done sometime in GT6 life span :)

This batch of seasonals was easy.

Had a blast on the Italian event with your Ferrari Dino tune(450pp).. That car is a pure beast in that pp bracket. Too bad it doesn't sound as good as it performs, but i guess we can't have it all...

The brittish lightweight event proved to be quite fun.. Lotus Elise 111R made for blistering fast laps. The ammount of speed that car has is mental.. i also tried your LCC Rocket Seasonal tune you built for the hotlap around the same track. Had to nerf it down on power quite a bit to get that car to be eligible for this event. i also had to alter the final gear to compensate for the lack of power. Managed to slink by the rabbit just before the second to last corner on the final lap.

Fun fun..

I am struggling with the Briitish one. I think I need to get rid of the Rocket Car for the rabbit. I stand no chance in my Tamora 02 against that thing. Same question for you as I asked Chris? Which 111R Tune were you using to get gold in this one?

Yikes!! You could fit a smartcar up in that "fart cannon"..
Oh yes, the exhaust is great on this car. It can fit the Eurostar train through it. :)

All cars have been updated I think which you guys have told me about. Thanks a lot.

Back