Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

Holy BIM BAM 100 blue lines S... Then we can´t see the road hehehe

One quistion more if you go into the suspention and over in brakes and adust the brakes I´m I right if I say they higer the number the more it braks

Badger66 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  2. shaunm80

shaunm80

Not necessarily, it depends on the car you are tuning. Sometimes, if you set a brake level too high (Front - 7, rear 10) for example, you might find that you will lock up the rears instantly making the car unstable in the braking phase which will cost you a lot of time as you have to come off the brakes in order to get rotation. Sometimes, weaker brakes are more effective as they don't strip the speed from the car in the corners and allow you to carry more speed when you get back on the accelerator.

This is why most of my brake settings are 5/6 or 6/7. It means that I have a average braking point which I can use to control the car into the corner without compromising on exit speed. If you look at my drift tunes, I use 1/8 braking as the fronts hardly have any effect but the rear will nearly certainly pull the car one direction or the other when you brake and turn the front wheels.

StanNz, Badger66, Otaliema and 2 others like this.
  3. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

That's right about the brakes, but sometimes I have hardly any brakes. :lol:

4. shaunm80

shaunm80

@Otaliema and @Bowtie-muscle may have a different theory about brakes to me but I think that what I'm saying is in the ball park of what PD have done with their brake design.

5. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

Thanks alot my friend , are fooling around with a car I try to tune up, but danm it hard to do

Badger66, Otaliema and chrisspeed281 like this.
  6. shaunm80

shaunm80

Are you in training for a future FITT event? Getting into the tuning scene now as well as the testing?

7. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

Maybe In a couples of years or soo hehehe

8. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

Danm arrrrrrgh just drove at sierra in the Pescarolo from @shaunm80 did at lap timeat6:47.567 but was red ARRRRRRGH

9. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

@shaunm80 your tune is now #100 in the world time 6:48.785

10. shaunm80

shaunm80

Excellent. Great to know. When I have finished my uni work next week, I shall put a set of RS tyres on it and see what I can do with it. :)

Badger66, Otaliema and Soren Jacquet like this.
  11. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

I just made a little chance in the gearbox and put RS tyres on , and then out on the track

Badger66, chrisspeed281 and Otaliema like this.
  12. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

Brakes can be tricky and depend on driving style, I like easy in approach and tend to brake slightly sooner than others do. But I may have a slightly higher entry speed as I'm not slowing down as much, just earlier if that makes sense. To do this I may not set them as high either, but too high can cause instability and lock up. If the front end is sliding on entry, either you are entering too hot, front end braking too strong or a spring/weight transfer issue. I try and eliminate the first two before readjusting the springs and dampers. If the rear flies out its the same thing. Adjust LSD revel and lower rear braking first, but it could be too hot of an entry or the need for a different line. Higher rear can help entry back influencing rotation, but too high can put you in the litter. Start low and slowly increase is my normal approach. Less can be more sometimes.

Hope it helps and makes sense, still working on my first cup of coffee.

hall90, StanNz, Badger66 and 4 others like this.
  13. shaunm80

shaunm80

Sounds pretty good to me. Very similar to my theory on how PD have programmed the brakes except you went into more detail about LSD and suspensions tuning. :)

Badger66 and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  14. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

Just remember.....like your pants, too tight ain't right:lol:

15. Otaliema

Otaliema

I think the three of us are in the same part of the field with brakes. I tend to set mine higher then you but that is so you have the power to back off the pedal and still stop.
    I use the balance to help with rotation by increasing or decreasing it via high or lower rear settings.

16. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Brakes are for losers ;)

BadgerVadge, StanNz, Badger66 and 5 others like this.
  17. shaunm80

shaunm80

I remember that I once set my brakes a little bit too high for a FITT tune and I think someone said that it was like dropping an anchor out the back of the car.. That comment made me laugh but also gave me something to remember when setting up brakes for future FITT cars, I haven't had any negative brake comments since that so I obviously learned pretty quickly how to make my brakes more like car brakes and less like a boat anchor.

18. Otaliema

Otaliema

I remember setting them too low once myself, it was the same comment over and over, brakes felt weak but got the job done barely.
    Now I only put crazy numbers on TT tunes like 7/9 or 5/10 and on the really heavy cars 8/10 but that is to swing the back around at the last possbile second. Racing set ups I tend to go 6/4 or 5/3 as you want to kill the speed not swing the back.

19. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

very good time :tup: i got gold an that is enough for me

Badger66, shaunm80 and Otaliema like this.
  20. Otaliema

Otaliema

Just loaded La Serriea and wow my crazy friend is going to town on this event 6:31.....

Badger66, chrisspeed281 and shaunm80 like this.
  21. shaunm80

shaunm80

Are you talking about your alternative personality? ;)

22. Otaliema

Otaliema

Yes yes I am :lol:
    No I wish I had that skill. I've watched/raced this guy race online, I keep up for two MAYBE three turns then he is gone.

23. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

New time with The Pescarolo 6:46,183

24. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

Haven´t touch anything since the last time 6:48.785 , just have found the right way on the track and go off the throttle a milisex before a turn and then floor it half way out of the turn .

Badger66, shaunm80 and Otaliema like this.
  25. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

bad pic but I can live with it

Attached Files:

• 068.jpg
      068.jpg
      File size:
      151.7 KB
      Views:
    Otaliema, Badger66 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  26. Otaliema

Otaliema

Well I can't drive that for nothing. But I can help.
    New transmission for the C60 Judd top speed 375 km/h normal straight top speed 315 km/h on @shaunm80 tune be ready to shift fast.
    Set final to 2.675
    Top Speed 310 km/h
    1st 4.625
    2nd 3.197
    3rd 2.551
    4th 2.129
    5th 1.768
    6th 1.400
    Final 2.000

27. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

test it right away

Otaliema, Badger66 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  28. Badger66

Badger66

Well done...an Awesome time :bowdown: ..I'm going to have a go later still haven't tried this event yet...

:cheers:

29. Badger66

Badger66

At last....Just broke the 1 minute barrier on the Tsukuba Seasonal....0:59.968..i'm 1,089 in the world.....i'm well happy with that....:tup:

30. Otaliema

Otaliema

Nicely done sir. :cheers:

Badger66 likes this.