Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Badger66

Badger66

Cheers @Otaliema :)....it did take about 5 hrs of tweeking the tune to get 300th off my time though but well worth it In the end...:tup:

chrisspeed281 and Otaliema like this.
  2. Otaliema

Otaliema

Nice I'll spend twice that to get a hundredth :tup: keep at it you will can find more if you look just save any tune that improves your time to another tab so you can back track

Badger66 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  3. Badger66

Badger66

Nice one ...there's more time on the track with this tune...its me making silly mistakes...lol cheers

chrisspeed281 and Otaliema like this.
  4. Hotspace 5150

Hotspace 5150

2325 pts I got in drifting seasonal event (21,201 in online rankings) it took a few tries But I did get the credits the gold & the paint chip. thank you for the killer setup for this car. cheers tc.

shaunm80, chrisspeed281 and Otaliema like this.
  5. Hotspace 5150

Hotspace 5150

4524 pts 3 attempts got me the gold the credits & the paint chip. 17099 is my online ranking as of 8-22-2015 8:17pm nyc time. brilliant tune thank you.. cheers tc.

shaunm80, chrisspeed281 and Otaliema like this.
  6. frenzal

frenzal

Just wanted to thank you for your tunes, they suit my style with DS3 almost to perfection and give me (usually) a car good enough to gold events almost not worth playing. Much kudos to ya!!!

7. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

hi @shaunm80 ...this Car is missing in your garage . The Toyota FT-86 Concept '09 is one of the fastes 500 PP Cars . it comes pretty lightweight (880 kg with weight reduction) and it's highly recommended for 500 PP non Racecar Events :)

Stadt der Künste und der Wissenschaften (Nacht)_7.jpg

8. LordJCS

LordJCS

I have a wicked tune for this machine. An absolute loon of a car.

9. shaunm80

shaunm80

I will add it to the list. See what I can do with it.

I received a Honda Civic CX '79 car once again for my Birthday. When is PD going to realise that my birth year is 1980.. So many good cars from that year.. In an attempt to get a new car next year, I have tuned up this shed with a light tune at 350PP in the hope that they will give me something like a Renault Turbo. Now that would be a good car if I received that for free.

10. shaunm80

shaunm80

Good stuff, Always good to get free paint chips and loads of credits for a few minutes work.

No worries, Glad my tunes are suiting your driving style. Have you got any favourite tunes from my selection?

11. shaunm80

shaunm80

Is it just me or is Vettel is being very dangerous and inconsiderate by driving around a high speed circuit with a damaged car. He really should just stop and make it safe for everyone else around him. Good news however is that Lewis Hamilton is once again victorious and drove a superb race. Go Lewis. :)

12. shaunm80

shaunm80

I can hear a typhoon from my flat at the moment. Not a weather phenomena but the jet fighter kind of typhoon. Way cool! I just wish it wasn't so off putting when I am trying to work on my essay.

13. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

what can i say , bad luck for Ferraris 900's Grand Prix start

Badger66, Otaliema and shaunm80 like this.
  14. ALB123

ALB123

Hamilton is so tough...Wow. What a fight by his teammate though. He didn't have a very good start.

Badger66 and shaunm80 like this.
  15. shaunm80

shaunm80

I have brought this car, along with a few others this morning in readiness for some downtime and relaxation. I have to hand in my last assignment tomorrow by noon at the latest and then I will have a few days where I do nothing. My summer holiday will officially commence so I will try and spend some time tuning up some more cars.

Hamilton is a great driver, a raw talent that is slowly becoming refined into a great world champion. Leading from the front demonstrating why he merits all his success.

Not a great race for Ferrari at all. I did feel for Vettel a little until he ranted post race about the tyres and pirelli being the bad guys. He should look within his team as noone else tried to do a one stop race. Its always risky doing a one stop these days with the way they make F1 tyres. He needs to learn to shut his trap because that isn't how a four time F1 champ should behave.

16. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

This tune is without a doubt, the fastest possible FR at 500pp. Might just be my opinion, but it was in my garage. Only the "cheat car" Series One Shelby comes close.

Check my Midfield test @shaunm80 , you will see.

EDIT: Correction, I must not be awake totally as mine is 450pp. But at 500pp, should be just as much a monster. Forget the Midfield test, check the GVE reverse test.

17. shaunm80

shaunm80

This car has jumped to the top of the tuning list for a tune up. Car has been purchased and one 500PP monster shall be delivered ASAP. Looking forward to seeing what this car can do now. :)

18. Badger66

Badger66

Well spotted...:tup:

Looking forward to this at 500pp....I have a tune at 450pp SH by Clueless for this car...and it does go...:tup:

:cheers:

Otaliema and chrisspeed281 like this.
  19. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Hi @hall90 ....your time at Tsukuba is impressive :tup: i tried to improve my time but faild

Badger66, hall90 and Otaliema like this.
  20. ALB123

ALB123

Oh, I didn't know about that rant by Vettel. I'm sure you know that Formula 1 coverage in the USA isn't too great, but I turned the channel after the checkered flag anyway. Actually, I shut off the TV because I had somewhere to be. Would you mind expanding on what Vettel said in regards to Pirelli? Anything else interesting post-race?

21. BadgerVadge

BadgerVadge

it also depends if you use ABS or not. The standard 5-5 balance makes me oversteer a little bit.

when you have ABS off you will really see how the different brake bias settings make the car behave! i have different setups for different cars, (w/o abs) i like to use 7-4 or 6-4 sometimes 5-2 4-0. i always have more in the front because of weight transfer and i don't want my back tires to start locking and sending me into a drift. i know that 1/8 bias w/o ABS would be like an ebrake - which is perfect for drifting. for some reason, for the light cars like the miata, ae86 or datsun 240z i have to use more stronger brake balance setting like 8-5 8-4 so i can press down halfway before the braking grip threshold.

front wheel drive cars i oversteer the bias like 5-6 or 4-6 to counter the understeer and give you a little play to rotate the car into the turn.

i use a ds3.over the years of GT, my R2 button for acceleration is worn down and takes a lighter pull. so my L2 brake button is slightly stiffer, which makes it perfect for a precise braking feel.
    my favorite 7-4 brake bias because i can just push the brake button down halfway around 50% and its a perfect, balanced brake when the weight shifts to the front tires without locking brakes, even the rear too.
    so, for me that 7-4 bias makes it so i cant use more than 70% brake pressure or else you will lock up the front tires and smoke. thats my braking grip threshold. it takes some time to learn but later on you don't think about it and its just muscle memory. i learned bad braking habits from ABS, like using 100% brake pressure or panic braking lol.

GT6 really feels more realistic that way of braking. the smoke is also a bonus sometimes because whoever is behind cant see their brake point very well.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    Badger66, chrisspeed281 and Otaliema like this.
  22. Otaliema

Otaliema

You're a dad when are you ever fully awake :p

Badger66, Bowtie-muscle and ALB123 like this.
  23. Leicht

Leicht

Hello, I just want to say your tune for M4 esp 500-550pp is really good! I think 550pp is a sweet spot for M4 since it has enough horsepower to fight against the RX8, Corvette C5/6/7, 458, M3 GTR and LFA on the corners at Nordschleife . The grip is so unreal fast that you can accelerate so much through the tight corners especially on RS tyres. The weakness is just the top speed and the low power in 500pp compared to the other cars

Badger66, Otaliema and shaunm80 like this.
  24. shaunm80

shaunm80

Thanks, The M4 is a really good car and one that I feel is often overlooked compared its Bavarian brothers. You are right in the fact that the 500PP is quite low on top end speed but it will almost certainly obtain a gold in any seasonal when that PP of car comes up and thats what counts to me. I much prefer the 550PP as it has more power and more agility. It is a confidence inspiring car which shows that looks can be deceiving as it looks very businesslike in its presentation. Glad you enjoyed the tunes and hope you have a lot of fun in races with them.

Badger66, TripleApex and Otaliema like this.
  25. shaunm80

shaunm80

I will try and upload some cars this week. I have 6/7 tunes ready for publishing but I need a break from the PS3 after mammoth 4 hour tuning session today. Here are some of the gems (and the occasional bit of coal) that you can look forward too.

Autumn Ring_1.jpg
    London.jpg
    Mid-Field Raceway_4.jpg
    Mid-Field Raceway_6.jpg
    Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg

26. shaunm80

shaunm80

Ford RS200 '84 (Dirt/Rally Setup)

Presenting the Shotaliema RS200.

This one has been in the works a while. Now it's done. It's a all around rally tune that is also very good on the tarmac. Have fun with it, push it hard. The transmission is a low torque design to reduce wheel spin on the dirt.

500PP
    364 BHP
    1100kgs
    Weight Distribution 49:51

Dirt Tyres

Inch Up: 1 Wheels
    NO Oil Change

Paint: F2008 Rosso/Rosso Scuderia

FC Suspension

F/R
    160/160
    9.00/9.25
    9/2
    4/9
    4/2
    0.3/0.5
    -0.08/0.25

Racing Brakes
    4/7

FC Transmission
    (Reset to default once all power parts installed)
    Set final gear to 3.100
    Set max speed to 261mph/420kph
    1st 3.170
    2nd 1.990
    3rd 1.390
    4th 1.130
    5th 0.900
    Set final gear to 4.350
    (Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
    F/R
    8/10
    15/20
    11/11
    Triple Plate Clutch
    Torq Dist Centre Diff

45:55

Set power limiter to 94.0%
    Engine Tuning Stage 3
    Racing Exhaust
    Isometric Exhaust Manifold
    Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
    Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)

Ballast - Set 8kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This is the third Shotaliema tune, A co-operative tuning venture involving myself and @Otaliema from Bronze Dragon Tuning. We hope you enjoy these tunes and will continue to find interesting cars to put our twist on.

Eiger Nordwand W Trail .jpg
    Eiger Nordwand W Trail _1.jpg
    Eiger Nordwand W Trail _2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  27. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

What's the spring rate from this tune ?

Badger66 and Otaliema like this.
  28. shaunm80

shaunm80

Updated now. :) Thanks.

Badger66, Otaliema and chrisspeed281 like this.
  29. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

There is something wrong with my Browser (Firefox) ... if i want to choose a Smiliey it looks like this :

smielys.JPG

Badger66 and Otaliema like this.
  30. shaunm80

shaunm80

How odd. Hope you get that sorted. That would be annoying if all your messages looked like that.

Badger66, Otaliema and chrisspeed281 like this.