Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '00 (Drift Setup)

650PP
1045 BHP
1140kgs
Weight Distribution 53:47

Comfort Hard Tyres

Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
75/80
8.75/7.00
7/8
6/6
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.60/0.55

Racing Brake Kit
1/9 or 2/8

FC Suspension
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 149mph
1st 2.927
2nd 2.221
3rd 1.730
4th 1.413
5th 1.187
6th 1.025
Set final gear to 4.350

FC LSD
45/55/10

Set power limiter to 98.6%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Downforce
F/R
350/500
Ballast - Set 120kgs to Position 50

This car can score amazing drift points. If i totalled up all the best sectors into one attempt, this car would have 10000+ points. I achieved 8400 points in my best attempt.

View attachment 174005
View attachment 174006

2325 pts I got in drifting seasonal event (21,201 in online rankings) it took a few tries But I did get the credits the gold & the paint chip. thank you for the killer setup for this car. cheers tc.

Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03 (Tarmac Drift Setup)

566PP
517 BHP
1225kgs
Weight Dist 53:47

Comfort Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
120/125
8.00/8.10
5/6
4/7
2/3
1.8/2.5
-0.18/0.34

Racing Brake Kit
1/8

FC Transmission
(Reset to default) Once power parts installed
Set final gear to 6.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.399
2nd 1.864
3rd 1.491
4th 1.222
5th 1.033
6th 0.920
Set final gear to 5.185

FC LSD
F/R
5/5
10/50
5/5
Torq Dist Centre Diff
10:90

Set power limiter to 100.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Downforce
F/R
100/120
Carbon Bonnet

I managed a 9300 score with this setup. Im not that great at drifting. Surely you can beat this score? :)

View attachment 366887
View attachment 366886

4524 pts 3 attempts got me the gold the credits & the paint chip. 17099 is my online ranking as of 8-22-2015 8:17pm nyc time. brilliant tune thank you.. cheers tc.

hi @shaunm80 ...this Car is missing in your garage . The Toyota FT-86 Concept '09 is one of the fastes 500 PP Cars . it comes pretty lightweight (880 kg with weight reduction) and it's highly recommended for 500 PP non Racecar Events :)

Stadt der KĂĽnste und der Wissenschaften (Nacht)_7.jpg

hi @shaunm80 ...this Car is missing in your garage . The Toyota FT-86 Concept '09 is one of the fastes 500 PP Cars . it comes pretty lightweight (880 kg with weight reduction) and it's highly recommended for 500 PP non Racecar Events :)

View attachment 435114
I will add it to the list. See what I can do with it.

I received a Honda Civic CX '79 car once again for my Birthday. When is PD going to realise that my birth year is 1980.. So many good cars from that year.. In an attempt to get a new car next year, I have tuned up this shed with a light tune at 350PP in the hope that they will give me something like a Renault Turbo. Now that would be a good car if I received that for free.

2325 pts I got in drifting seasonal event (21,201 in online rankings) it took a few tries But I did get the credits the gold & the paint chip. thank you for the killer setup for this car. cheers tc.

4524 pts 3 attempts got me the gold the credits & the paint chip. 17099 is my online ranking as of 8-22-2015 8:17pm nyc time. brilliant tune thank you.. cheers tc.

Good stuff, Always good to get free paint chips and loads of credits for a few minutes work.

Just wanted to thank you for your tunes, they suit my style with DS3 almost to perfection and give me (usually) a car good enough to gold events almost not worth playing. Much kudos to ya!!!
No worries, Glad my tunes are suiting your driving style. Have you got any favourite tunes from my selection?

Is it just me or is Vettel is being very dangerous and inconsiderate by driving around a high speed circuit with a damaged car. He really should just stop and make it safe for everyone else around him. Good news however is that Lewis Hamilton is once again victorious and drove a superb race. Go Lewis. :)

Is it just me or is Vettel is being very dangerous and inconsiderate by driving around a high speed circuit with a damaged car. He really should just stop and make it safe for everyone else around him. Good news however is that Lewis Hamilton is once again victorious and drove a superb race. Go Lewis. :)
what can i say , bad luck for Ferraris 900's Grand Prix start

View attachment 435114
I have brought this car, along with a few others this morning in readiness for some downtime and relaxation. I have to hand in my last assignment tomorrow by noon at the latest and then I will have a few days where I do nothing. My summer holiday will officially commence so I will try and spend some time tuning up some more cars.

Hamilton is so tough...Wow. What a fight by his teammate though. He didn't have a very good start.
Hamilton is a great driver, a raw talent that is slowly becoming refined into a great world champion. Leading from the front demonstrating why he merits all his success.

what can i say , bad luck for Ferraris 900's Grand Prix start
Not a great race for Ferrari at all. I did feel for Vettel a little until he ranted post race about the tyres and pirelli being the bad guys. He should look within his team as noone else tried to do a one stop race. Its always risky doing a one stop these days with the way they make F1 tyres. He needs to learn to shut his trap because that isn't how a four time F1 champ should behave.

View attachment 435114
This tune is without a doubt, the fastest possible FR at 500pp. Might just be my opinion, but it was in my garage. Only the "cheat car" Series One Shelby comes close.

Check my Midfield test @shaunm80 , you will see.

EDIT: Correction, I must not be awake totally as mine is 450pp. But at 500pp, should be just as much a monster. Forget the Midfield test, check the GVE reverse test.

This tune is without a doubt, the fastest possible FR at 500pp. Might just be my opinion, but it was in my garage. Only the "cheat car" Series One Shelby comes close.

Check my Midfield test @shaunm80 , you will see.

EDIT: Correction, I must not be awake totally as mine is 450pp. But at 500pp, should be just as much a monster. Forget the Midfield test, check the GVE reverse test.
This car has jumped to the top of the tuning list for a tune up. Car has been purchased and one 500PP monster shall be delivered ASAP. Looking forward to seeing what this car can do now. :)

View attachment 435114

Well spotted...đź‘Ť

This car has jumped to the top of the tuning list for a tune up. Car has been purchased and one 500PP monster shall be delivered ASAP. Looking forward to seeing what this car can do now. :)

Looking forward to this at 500pp....I have a tune at 450pp SH by Clueless for this car...and it does go...đź‘Ť

:cheers:

Not a great race for Ferrari at all. I did feel for Vettel a little until he ranted post race about the tyres and pirelli being the bad guys. He should look within his team as noone else tried to do a one stop race. Its always risky doing a one stop these days with the way they make F1 tyres. He needs to learn to shut his trap because that isn't how a four time F1 champ should behave.
Oh, I didn't know about that rant by Vettel. I'm sure you know that Formula 1 coverage in the USA isn't too great, but I turned the channel after the checkered flag anyway. Actually, I shut off the TV because I had somewhere to be. Would you mind expanding on what Vettel said in regards to Pirelli? Anything else interesting post-race?

Not necessarily, it depends on the car you are tuning. Sometimes, if you set a brake level too high (Front - 7, rear 10) for example, you might find that you will lock up the rears instantly making the car unstable in the braking phase which will cost you a lot of time as you have to come off the brakes in order to get rotation. Sometimes, weaker brakes are more effective as they don't strip the speed from the car in the corners and allow you to carry more speed when you get back on the accelerator.

This is why most of my brake settings are 5/6 or 6/7. It means that I have a average braking point which I can use to control the car into the corner without compromising on exit speed. If you look at my drift tunes, I use 1/8 braking as the fronts hardly have any effect but the rear will nearly certainly pull the car one direction or the other when you brake and turn the front wheels.
it also depends if you use ABS or not. The standard 5-5 balance makes me oversteer a little bit.

when you have ABS off you will really see how the different brake bias settings make the car behave! i have different setups for different cars, (w/o abs) i like to use 7-4 or 6-4 sometimes 5-2 4-0. i always have more in the front because of weight transfer and i don't want my back tires to start locking and sending me into a drift. i know that 1/8 bias w/o ABS would be like an ebrake - which is perfect for drifting. for some reason, for the light cars like the miata, ae86 or datsun 240z i have to use more stronger brake balance setting like 8-5 8-4 so i can press down halfway before the braking grip threshold.

front wheel drive cars i oversteer the bias like 5-6 or 4-6 to counter the understeer and give you a little play to rotate the car into the turn.

i use a ds3.over the years of GT, my R2 button for acceleration is worn down and takes a lighter pull. so my L2 brake button is slightly stiffer, which makes it perfect for a precise braking feel.
my favorite 7-4 brake bias because i can just push the brake button down halfway around 50% and its a perfect, balanced brake when the weight shifts to the front tires without locking brakes, even the rear too.
so, for me that 7-4 bias makes it so i cant use more than 70% brake pressure or else you will lock up the front tires and smoke. thats my braking grip threshold. it takes some time to learn but later on you don't think about it and its just muscle memory. i learned bad braking habits from ABS, like using 100% brake pressure or panic braking lol.

GT6 really feels more realistic that way of braking. the smoke is also a bonus sometimes because whoever is behind cant see their brake point very well.

Last edited:
Hello, I just want to say your tune for M4 esp 500-550pp is really good! I think 550pp is a sweet spot for M4 since it has enough horsepower to fight against the RX8, Corvette C5/6/7, 458, M3 GTR and LFA on the corners at Nordschleife . The grip is so unreal fast that you can accelerate so much through the tight corners especially on RS tyres. The weakness is just the top speed and the low power in 500pp compared to the other cars

Hello, I just want to say your tune for M4 esp 500-550pp is really good! I think 550pp is a sweet spot for M4 since it has enough horsepower to fight against the RX8, Corvette C5/6/7, 458, M3 GTR and LFA on the corners at Nordschleife . The grip is so unreal fast that you can accelerate so much through the tight corners especially on RS tyres. The weakness is just the top speed and the low power in 500pp compared to the other cars
Thanks, The M4 is a really good car and one that I feel is often overlooked compared its Bavarian brothers. You are right in the fact that the 500PP is quite low on top end speed but it will almost certainly obtain a gold in any seasonal when that PP of car comes up and thats what counts to me. I much prefer the 550PP as it has more power and more agility. It is a confidence inspiring car which shows that looks can be deceiving as it looks very businesslike in its presentation. Glad you enjoyed the tunes and hope you have a lot of fun in races with them.

Ford RS200 '84 (Dirt/Rally Setup)

Presenting the Shotaliema RS200.

This one has been in the works a while. Now it's done. It's a all around rally tune that is also very good on the tarmac. Have fun with it, push it hard. The transmission is a low torque design to reduce wheel spin on the dirt.

500PP
364 BHP
1100kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Dirt Tyres

Inch Up: 1 Wheels
NO Oil Change

Paint: F2008 Rosso/Rosso Scuderia

FC Suspension

F/R
160/160
9.00/9.25
9/2
4/9
4/2
0.3/0.5
-0.08/0.25

Racing Brakes
4/7

FC Transmission
(Reset to default once all power parts installed)
Set final gear to 3.100
Set max speed to 261mph/420kph
1st 3.170
2nd 1.990
3rd 1.390
4th 1.130
5th 0.900
Set final gear to 4.350
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
F/R
8/10
15/20
11/11
Triple Plate Clutch
Torq Dist Centre Diff

45:55

Set power limiter to 94.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)

Ballast - Set 8kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This is the third Shotaliema tune, A co-operative tuning venture involving myself and @Otaliema from Bronze Dragon Tuning. We hope you enjoy these tunes and will continue to find interesting cars to put our twist on.

Eiger Nordwand W Trail .jpg

Eiger Nordwand W Trail _1.jpg

Eiger Nordwand W Trail _2.jpg

Last edited:
Ford RS200 '84 (Dirt/Rally Setup)

Presenting the Shotaliema RS200.

This one has been in the works a while. Now it's done. It's a all around rally tune that is also very good on the tarmac. Have fun with it, push it hard. The transmission is a low torque design to reduce wheel spin on the dirt.

500PP
364 BHP
1100kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Dirt Tyres

Inch Up: 1 Wheels
NO Oil Change

Paint: F2008 Rosso/Rosso Scuderia

FC Suspension

F/R
160/160
9/2
4/9
4/2
0.3/0.5
-0.08/0.25

Racing Brakes
4/7

FC Transmission
(Reset to default once all power parts installed)
Set final gear to 3.100
Set max speed to 261mph/420kph
1st 3.170
2nd 1.990
3rd 1.390
4th 1.130
5th 0.900
Set final gear to 4.350
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
F/R
8/10
15/20
11/11
Triple Plate Clutch
Torq Dist Centre Diff

45:55

Set power limiter to 94.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)

Ballast - Set 8kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This is the third Shotaliema tune, A co-operative tuning venture involving myself and @Otaliema from Bronze Dragon Tuning. We hope you enjoy these tunes and will continue to find interesting cars to put our twist on.

View attachment 436701
View attachment 436703
View attachment 436702
What's the spring rate from this tune ?

Back