Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. shaunm80

shaunm80

I try and do my best with my tunes. I am glad that they work well for you and you are able to make them work in other seasonal events with tweaks.

Otaliema, TripleE63 and Pete05 like this.
  2. svenhjs666

svenhjs666

I confirm ;)

I was surprised that i could pull out that lap time with that car,i didn't expected that at all.
    You did a very good job with this one.

3. shaunm80

shaunm80

@Soren Jacquet - Hello mysterious friend. Where have you been for the last few days? Haven't seen you on GTPlanet much. Hope you are okay and everything is going fine.

4. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

hopefully we see Cars like this at GT Sport or GT7 :)

488.JPG

5. shaunm80

shaunm80

Hmm. Even nicer looking than the 458.. I hope that car makes it into Gran Turismo for sure. :)

6. TheInfamousJEW6

TheInfamousJEW6

It's beautiful :( I wonder if I'll ever see one in the States! :lol:

7. Otaliema

Otaliema

Don't hold your breath unless you live near a really really rich town.

hall90, Pete05, TripleE63 and 2 others like this.
  8. TheInfamousJEW6

TheInfamousJEW6

2 1/2 hours from Los Angeles... But with all the traffic there, it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack! :lol:

9. Racin510s

Racin510s

I have been using @shaunm80 tunes since GT5. I have lost count the number of wins and Gold Super Laps that Shaun's tunes have gotten me. I actually don't even enter an event if Shaun doesn't have a tune for the event. I wait until he does. Then I'll enter the event. Shaun's tunes are the only ones that I never change anything except the final gear depending on the track. I don't know how he does it, but he has a magic touch for us DS3 users.

Cars that really stand out for me are the Audi R8LMS that got me gold on the 630PP lap at Suzuka, The Lotus Elise 111R '04, The various tunes of the Shelby Series 1 and too many others to list. I had a database with all of Shaun's tunes but my computer crashed several months ago and I lost that list. I'm building a new one now. I'd safely say that at least 80% of the cars I have Shaun's tunes. I can't seem to find the place where you rank and review tunes so I hope this little blurb says how well I like and use Shaun's tunes.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  10. shaunm80

shaunm80

I think you might have used someone's else's tunes for GT5, I didn't start tuning properly till GT6 came out and I realised noone had the tunes for the cars I needed. I started to learn to tune at the end of GT5 and made some GT5 tunes but never published them. :)

My go to tuner in GT5 was RKM and Praiano, Most of my online wins came from Praiano so my technique of tuning kind of comes from building hundreds of his tunes.

It is good to hear that my tunes are highly regarded. It makes playing GT6 a lot more fun for me knowing that my work is enjoyed by lots of people. :)

11. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

I let them use my car for display purposes before they put it on the boat to Australia ;)
    If you see one on the road, that would be quite something as it's a racetrack only model. Let's wait & see what a 488 Speciale looks like.

12. TheInfamousJEW6

TheInfamousJEW6

Track only you say? :dunce: Maybe some rich snob will bring it out to Willow Springs then! It's only 15 minutes from home! :D :cheers:

13. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

One of my local racing teams has 2 on order for next year's GT championship so there's a very good chance I'll get to see them up close in 3D.

14. LordJCS

LordJCS

Managed to "pop" my way through the 1min barrier at Autumn Ring with "the golden popcornmaker".

Fun fun.

hall90, svenhjs666, shaunm80 and 3 others like this.
  15. ALB123

ALB123

@shaunm80 you didn't start tuning until GT6?! Wow...That's incredible. You've done an amazing job on all of your listed cars. It's even more impressive to know that you haven't been doing it as long as others. Keep up the great work!

16. LordJCS

LordJCS

Had a bit of fun earlier when my internet connection went awol..

15min races in single player mode. 650pp @ Ascari, done with your 517pp Acura NSX Race car on SM compound tires. Won the race, just barely. 0.00:118 ahaed of 2:nd place which was a BMW Mclaren F1 GTR.

Massive ammounts of defensive driving, but fun none the less.

Great tune, @shaunm80

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  17. shaunm80

shaunm80

That would be pretty cool if you do. :)

That popcorn maker is pretty good for some events. A boring choice in terms of personality but fun none the less.

I was late coming to the tuning party but I have made up for lost time with my garage. I will keep going with my garage till GT7 gets released. Hopefully I will have a garage full of tunes by then.

Is this tune the FITT entry I did? If so, it was a great tune for dry races. :) A really close race you had too so great job holding on to first place against a McLaren F1.

18. LordJCS

LordJCS

Yup. That's the one.

19. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

it was hard to beat @LordJCS at the "Popcorn maker" Event but it's done :)

TripleE63, Otaliema, Pete05 and 3 others like this.
  20. shaunm80

shaunm80

Well done, I gave it a shot but I wasn't able to beat him. Good job Chris :)

TripleE63, LordJCS, Otaliema and 2 others like this.
  21. shaunm80

shaunm80

Reviews for my CoTM entry this month.

Tune

From @Bowtie-muscle
    From @Burned_Rubber

Ok so here's your review. Now before I start, I need to know one thing. Being this was only your 8th posted tune in your garage, how in the world did you manage a FITT style tune while most of your tunes were made using tc1? What I mean is, this tune is from way back, yet, the tuning style seems much more modern for you in terms of the cars handling and overall performance. A few of the older tunes of yours sometimes feel so grippy they are almost boring to drive to the limit because you almost can't break the tail free. Please don't read me wrong here, your tunes are all pretty awesome, but as far as your older tunes go this tune is probably one of the best ones I've tried so far. :)
    Now that Thats out of the way, on to the review...
    I didn't get the numbers to match perfectly because I didn't change the oil but, I did apply the same parts and with a little tweaking of the transmission numbers, I was able to match them to get the proper gearing. Like Mr. Muscle, (there, I said it :D) I went to the Tour of Europe to get testing started. I'm going to lump both track reviews together because the car handles pretty much the same at both tracks.
    Right away I noticed this cars attitude. It demands to be driven as the bad @$$ it was created to be or the back end will try to overtake and ruin your life. (A little dramatic maybe?) Turn one at BH can be taken surprisingly fast if the line is right. The rear overtaking the front at high speed was a good method I found to make that turn count and save me around a half second per lap if properly executed. The brakes felt good at both tracks and had just enough front bias to allow proper rotation in to a turn and blended with the lsd decel almost flawlessly. The transmission and limited slip worked well for me also. The mid corner grip while on throttle on SH was plenty to stay planted easily if I wanted and could brake the back free if I wanted as well. Overall I had a great few races at Brands Hatch and at Spa and tons of fun at each. I'm glad this tune made it in to this thread. I think a lot of people could have fun with this style tune. Very well done

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  22. LordJCS

LordJCS

Well.. Nice job.

Now, let's see if lightning really does strike in the same place twice.

I managed to "pop" by you.

New time for you to have a go at is 0:59.470

23. shaunm80

shaunm80

You aliens are way beyond my level of driving skill for this car. :)

24. shaunm80

shaunm80

25. LordJCS

LordJCS

I am no alien.. Not even close.

26. shaunm80

shaunm80

A sub 1 min lap.. I disagree with your previous statement :)

27. coryclifford

coryclifford

I'm at 58.289… P111

Sounds good until you look at P1, 2.3 seconds ahead! :crazy:

28. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

What's the fastest time with someone driving a REAL car & not some PD fantasy mobile?

29. Otaliema

Otaliema

P103 Pescarlo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 0:58.253 L-Shooter_RB26

Well this will be interesting, see how long I can tail a Top ten driver.. my alien friend is actually driving this event.

TripleE63, chrisspeed281 and Pete05 like this.
  30. coryclifford

coryclifford

There's a Pescarolo in P103 at 58.253

Slow poster…

chrisspeed281, Otaliema and Pete05 like this.