Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Light Car Company Rocket '07

550PP
179 BHP
440kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Hard Tyres

Change Oil

FC Suspension

F/R
100/105
4.25/6.25
5/7
4/6
2/5
1.8/2.6
-0.15/0.20

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 6.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.368
2nd 2.554
3rd 1.987
4th 1.594
5th 1.359
Set final gear to 4.000
(Same transmission setup from the 600PP SS version)

FC LSD
12/14/24
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 95.7%
Racing Exhaust

Ballast - Set 50kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This variation of the Rocket tune is designed to be stable through long sweeping curves to get the maximum amount of speed from this car throughout an entire lap of a circuit. Throttle control is required on sharp turns as this car is a little slidey when you first put the power down but the slides can be corrected very easily as long as you use the throttle to control the slide itself.

Pics to follow

Just out of curiosity... How would this one fair on the Ascari seasonal?

Just out of curiosity... How would this one fair on the Ascari seasonal?
I imagine it would get gold but you'd have to watch your throttle control for most of the lap. It wouldn't be as fast the X-BOW's but not many cars are on that particular seasonal.

I imagine it would get gold but you'd have to watch your throttle control for most of the lap. It wouldn't be as fast the X-BOW's but not many cars are on that particular seasonal.

That seasonal is pretty much tailored for the X-BOW's..

Last edited:
Photo Art - Sydney Harbour and Opera House

P1020096.JPG

My advicein is take a budget hatchback under 200 bhp and make yourself dizzy doing lap after lap after laps. You'll eventually learn the track & when you do, it's so rewarding to get it right.
A true test of car and driver :bowdown:

Love Nurb...one of the best tracks on here.. when you get in the zone:)

@chrisspeed281 - If you have time, could you take the updated BMW 507 for a spin. I have taken this tune as far as I can with regards to keeping it quick and able to stay on the road. You have helped in the past make my tunes even more stable (R8 LMS), maybe you will see something that I have missed during the tuning process to make this car better.
Hi Shaun. I tried several Settings at the BMW 507 but your Tune is the fastes. A Racing Exhaust brings the full 500 PP and 1.33 Laps at Apricot Hill. 200 kg Ballast Weight gives a 50/50 Weight Distribution. It makes the Car a little more stable but also to heavy. I prefer a weak Spring rate ( like 8.00/5.00) for this kind of Cars. Your Tune is pretty ok :)

I like your random photo art Pictures because i lived long time in Asia

7 on a Motorbike.jpg

Hi Shaun. I tried several Settings at the BMW 507 but your Tune is the fastes. A Racing Exhaust brings the full 500 PP and 1.33 Laps at Apricot Hill. 200 kg Ballast Weight gives a 50/50 Weight Distribution. It makes the Car a little more stable but also to heavy. I prefer a weak Spring rate ( like 8.00/5.00) for this kind of Cars. Your Tune is pretty ok :)

View attachment 183232

Wicked:)

Took this pic this evening from my balcony in North Cyprus:)View attachment 183238
Awesome, You live in Cyprus? Very nice place to be.

View attachment 183232
Which part of Asia did you live in? I would take a guess of either Singapore or Malaysia? I have seen some sights on the Scooters that zip around asian cities. Very scary but also hilarious at the same time.

Awesome, You live in Cyprus? Very nice place to be.

Which part of Asia did you live in? I would take a guess of either Singapore or Malaysia? I have seen some sights on the Scooters that zip around asian cities. Very scary but also hilarious at the same time.
It was Phuket Thailand. My Wife comes from there

It was Phuket Thailand. My Wife comes from there
The only thing I remember about Phuket is the Elephant fantasy show they have on the outskirts of town, That was really good and the really annoying drink and suit sellers in the Pattong District of Phuket! boy, did they get on my nerves.

It has its moments.:).left Uk about 2yrs ago to come out and see my bro and ended up staying here after meeting a beautiful American chick:)
Ah, the classic meet someone abroad and never leave scenario. Its happened to many a person! Can't be too bad if you've been there two years! Hows the work situation out there for british ex-pats?

Ah, the classic meet someone abroad and never leave scenario. Its happened to many a person! Can't be too bad if you've been there two years! Hows the work situation out there for british ex-pats?[/quote]
Yes i was very lucky to be part of the never leave scenario....thats funny:)
Works ok out here if you can get a work visa and all depends what you can do different than the locals... but most ex-pats out here work offshore or retired:)

Pagani Huayra 15th Anniversary Edition '13

640PP
797 BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distribution 48:52

Sports Soft Tyre
NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
55/75
9.50/15.00
6/5
5/8
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 162mph
1st 2.801
2nd 2.189
3rd 1.709
4th 1.384
5th 1.164
6th 0.999
7th 0.877
Set final gear to 2.760

FC LSD
8/10/20
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 94.5%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
all other power parts set as standard

Weight Reduction Stage 2
Ballast - Set 76kgs to -50

Tuned with TCS = 1 and ABS = 1 only.

Notice the engine is on fire in the picture below? Hot stuff!

View attachment 167802
View attachment 167803

A very nice tune Shaun...god does this car go:)) yes you are right no oil change:)
I just spent all day yesterday and all night downloading gt6 special edition....with loads of updates just to get these cars...but i was a little disappointed that you dont get the precision pack..i really wanted the Audi R8 and Nissan Nismo. and in the proceess lost all my photos and replay video's which have all my best lap times..cry cry cry..so be aware anybody that wants to upgrade to the special edition is make sure you export what you want to keep to your XBM

Last edited:
A very nice tune Shaun...god does this car go:))
I just spent all day yesterday and all night downloading gt6 special edition....with loads of updates just to get these cars...but i was a little disappointed that you dont get the precision pack..i really wanted the Audi R8 and Nissan Nismo. and in the proceess lost all my photos and replay video's which have all my best lap times..cry cry cry..so be aware anybody that wants to upgrade to the special edition is make sure you export what you want to keep to your XBM
At least you have 20 off the anniversary cars. I only have the 10 cars which I tuned up as I got them for free when I pre-ordered the game. I also 1 million free credits for pre-ordering the game as well. The anniversary cars are really nice, its just a shame they cost so much to buy them all.

At least you have 20 off the anniversary cars. I only have the 10 cars which I tuned up as I got them for free when I pre-ordered the game. I also 1 million free credits for pre-ordering the game as well. The anniversary cars are really nice, its just a shame they cost so much to buy them all.
No your'e right they are wicked cars and its worth buying the special just to have something different to drive and they look awesome and i did manage to get £40 for my normal edition out here because none of the game shops have gt6 at the moment...very lucky....i am more annoyed with myself for loosing all my data...silly me:)

No your'e right they are wicked cars and its worth buying the special just to have something different to drive and they look awesome and i did manage to get £40 for my normal edition out here because none of the game shops have gt6 at the moment...very lucky....i am more annoyed with myself for loosing all my data...silly me:)
Did you lose all your save data as in your tunes and your credits which you built up in the normal version of GT6? I considered upgrading to the anniversary edition but I wouldn't get much back for my normal version and id only get 10 extra cars than what I have now. its not worth my money to do that really.

The Ford GT40 AE '66 also has a special one lap SH version tuned which is very good. It is in the seasonal section of the garage index. That is well worth applying as it can be used in many races throughout career mode and in seasonals which fall in the PP range.

Did you lose all your save data as in your tunes and your credits which you built up in the normal version of GT6? I considered upgrading to the anniversary edition but I wouldn't get much back for my normal version and id only get 10 extra cars than what I have now. its not worth my money to do that really.
No thank god....all that was still there:) i would off thrown my ps3 out of the window if i lost any of that:) only replays and pic's...i still dont know why i lost anything because it all should of been backed up on playstation plus..i'm just lucky it was only those that i lost:)
No i dont blame you its not worth you spending £40 for 10 cars...i would'nt of done it if i couldnt of got what i got for mine:)

The Ford GT40 AE '66 also has a special one lap SH version tuned which is very good. It is in the seasonal section of the garage index. That is well worth applying as it can be used in many races throughout career mode and in seasonals which fall in the PP range.
Ok nice one will have a look cheers:)

Ford GT40 Mark I 15th Anniv '66 (Seasonal Setup)

500PP
319 BHP
1190kgs
Weight Distribution 45:55

Sports Hard Tyres

No Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
70/75
6.25/8.50
5/6
4/5
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.10/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.642
2nd 1.991
3rd 1.550
4th 1.256
5th 1.041
Set final gear to 3.260

FC LSD
8/10/12
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 85.3% (or until you reach 500PP limit)
All power parts standard

Ballast - Add 110kgs to Position -50

Achieved a 1.17 in my hands. Edit: Now a 1.16 :)

View attachment 166714

I like indeed:) cheers for the heads up nice tune:)

New races are up in the seasonal section:)
Oh yes, similar setup to the last lot. Ford gt40 for the first one, Maserati for the second and for the last one, x-bow, rocket car, and the mclaren mp4-12c will end up being the first winners I try when I get up. Should be easy these lot

Last edited:
A Spec Seasonal Races (Updated 10/7/14)

As per usual, if you use any of the tunes from this garage, please let me know by replying to the tune you used so I can update this list to help other players find tunes to help them get gold.

P1030593.JPG

Silverstone National Circuit (500PP SH)

BMW M3 Chrome Line (Alter final gear for a higher top speed)
Hyundai Gensises Coupe 3.8 Track '13
KTM X-BOW Street '12 (500PP SH Version)
Mini Cooper S' 11 (470PP SH FITT Entry)
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 (450PP SH)
Toyota GT86 '12 (480PP Seasonal Setup)
Volkswagon Golf V GTI '05 (450PP SH)

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Circuit (550PP SM)

BMW M3 Coupe '07 (500PP SS Version)
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 (500PP SH)
Ferrari F430 '06 (550PP SM)
Ferrari 458 Italia '09 (550PP SM)
KTM X-BOW Street '12 (550PP SH Version)
Maserati GranTurismo S '08

Mount Panarama Motor Racing Circuit (600PP SS)

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06
Ferrari 458 Italia '09 (600PP SS Version)
Ford GT '05 (Lengthen gear box for long back straight for win)
Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car (597PP SS)
KTM X-BOW Street '12 (600PP Version)
Light Car Company Rocket Car '07 (Lengthen gearbox for long back straight, Final gear to 3.500)
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 (600PP SS)
Mercedes Benz AMG VGT (Put a set of SS tyres on and change final gear for long straight)
VW Scirocco R '10 (529PP SS) - Ultimate Challenge, This car is capable of 2.21s or less if you get a clean lap with no penalties. Could be a winner??

Last edited:
Done Silverstone with the M3 chrome line not easy for me as I was up against a TVR Tamara that was leaving behind on the straights would have been better had I changed the final gear for I higher top speed

Done Silverstone with the M3 chrome line not easy for me as I was up against a TVR Tamara that was leaving behind on the straights would have been better had I changed the final gear for I higher top speed
I prefer the cars that don't make the races easy. It's a much better feeling when you come first knowing other cars should be faster than you on any particular track.

Edit: Very fun car - Mini Cooper S '11 FITT Entry. I forget how good this car is sometimes, it eats up the Silverstone Track for breakfast. Extremely nippy for an FF car. :)

Last edited:
@chrisspeed281 - Its time for you to find all the obscure tunes to fill up my A Spec List :) Ive already found a couple which are fun to drive. the KTM X-BOW is the perfect car to get gold on the first attempt with at 600PP SS range. You were certainly right about that car being a weapon at the seasonals!

A Spec Seasonal Races (Updated 10/7/14)

As per usual, if you use any of the tunes from this garage, please let me know by replying to the tune you used so I can update this list to help other players find tunes to help them get gold.

View attachment 183490

Silverstone National Circuit (500PP SH)

BMW M3 Chrome Line (Alter final gear for a higher top speed)
Hyundai Gensises Coupe 3.8 Track '13
KTM X-BOW Street '12 (500PP SH Version)
Mini Cooper S' 11 (470PP SH FITT Entry)

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Circuit (550PP SM)

BMW M3 Coupe '07 (500PP SS Version)
Maserati GranTurismo S '08

Mount Panarama Motor Racing Circuit (600PP SS)

KTM X-BOW Street '12 (600PP Version)
Light Car Company Rocket Car '07 (Lengthen gearbox for long back straight, Final gear between 3.400 and 3.500)
Hey Shaun,

Where's the photo of the Porsches taken?

Back