Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Wicked" i didn't even think about using the 458 on Bathurst...i must give it a go..cheers:)

The Dolphin pic is well cool..they are very intelligent...is that one of your pic or off the internet:)

Have a wicked Holiday Shaun and congrats about getting married...are you taking your PS3....lol..only joking:)
I would probably have a divorce before the honey moon was over if i did that.. So i think I will be leaving the PS3 at home this time :) Where I'm going, I won't need a PS3 for entertainment, Ill have clear blue water, sun on my back and choice of three beaches or two swimming pools. I think ill be alright :)

All the pics I upload as photo art are my own personal photos, I have thousands of them from my travels. Good times.

Just tried out @chrisspeed281 tip about the Ford GT '05. What a tune on Bathurst. It is such a pleasure to drive.

I really like the Ferrari 458 tune. I tried others before I resigned myself to the fact that none of them matched my driving style. This car was tough to tune but I was happy enough with the end result.

If I remember correctly, this tune is the one that needs aggressive driving to get the most out of it. It was the most fun to throw around a circuit when I was testing, The car itself is very forgiving when you push too hard.

Thank you and I certainly will. Its a holiday and a wedding as I'm getting married in about a week. A long deserved holiday with something special mixed in. Cant wait :)

Monkey Mia was amazing, they have a school of dolphins which come right up to the waters edge. Really amazing creatures.

Congratulations on getting married:)

The Ford GT '05 is seriously good. I was 3 seconds ahead on the last lap. Hit a wall, spun and lost all momentum. I was 6 seconds behind and in the last 1/3 of the final lap, I managed to claw back the lead after the long straight and claim the win by 1 second. Very nice car indeed.

Well done for keeping your cool and winning still:) its so frustrating when that happens...there fault or yours...its still annoying:)

As happy as bulls in a mud pool.

P1000481.JPG

Well done for keeping your cool and winning still:) its so frustrating when that happens...there fault or yours...its still annoying:)
This one was definitely my fault, Although, On the second lap (when I was in the lead again), coming onto the home straight to start the third lap, the TVR Speed 12 comes hare-ing into my bumper and sends me flying off letting the McLaren F1 94 go through and take a 7 second lead, which I then had to claw back. Its the first time I've been bashed off the track in all fairness but still, that was annoying.

I would probably have a divorce before the honey moon was over if i did that.. So i think I will be leaving the PS3 at home this time :) Where I'm going, I won't need a PS3 for entertainment, Ill have clear blue water, sun on my back and choice of three beaches or two swimming pools. I think ill be alright :)

All the pics I upload as photo art are my own personal photos, I have thousands of them from my travels. Good times.

Just tried out @chrisspeed281 tip about the Ford GT '05. What a tune on Bathurst. It is such a pleasure to drive.
I know you would... lol :)why do they hate us playing the ps3 so much...lol

Well sounds like a Wicked time you both will have...enjoy man:))

Thanks guys for the info on the Ford GT 05 i will add that to the list of cars i'm going to try:))

This one was definitely my fault, Although, On the second lap (when I was in the lead again), coming onto the home straight to start the third lap, the TVR Speed 12 comes hare-ing into my bumper and sends me flying off letting the McLaren F1 94 go through and take a 7 second lead, which I then had to claw back. Its the first time I've been bashed off the track in all fairness but still, that was annoying.

You have been very lucky then Shaun:) i've been smashed off about 6 times so far....and that TVR is the worst culprit. ...perhaps we should use it lol:)

You have been very lucky then Shaun:) i've been smashed off about 6 times so far....and that TVR is the worst culprit. ...perhaps we should use it lol:)
Its only because of the tune that I was able to claw back all that time. Must thank that guy one day :)

Oh. Coincidently, my fastest lap with the GT '05 was 2.06 which isn't far away from that VGT time you set. Goes to show, if you get the lap totally right, its an easy win.

Whats wrong Pete? The AI still annoying you or is it something more than that?
That comment was in reply to a post from @Badger66 on the last page about wishing he could swear on here. How it ended up here without the quote I haven't got a clue. That & notifications that just decide not to work all of a sudden are leading to a sense of humour failure.
And yes, the AI is driving me bonkers and really starting to affect my enjoyment of GT. Call me sensitive if you like but having my intelligence insulted by AI is starting to wear really thin.

Having a great day aren't I.

Rant over & returning to my breathing exercises now.

That comment was in reply to a post from @Badger66 on the last page about wishing he could swear on here. How it ended up here without the quote I haven't got a clue. That & notifications that just decide not to work all of a sudden are leading to a sense of humour failure.
And yes, the AI is driving me bonkers and really starting to affect my enjoyment of GT. Call me sensitive if you like but having my intelligence insulted by AI is starting to wear really thin.

Having a great day aren't I.

Rant over & returning to my breathing exercises now.
Be honest Pete, Would you rather have the return of the AI who stick to the racing line in a convoy (like a safety car period in an F1 race) and don't fight back at all. They just let you drive 30-40 seconds off into the lead so you can lap them again at some point or have this new breed of angry yobs that like to make it interesting by using their cars as weapons.

I think I prefer the new breed as they do push you and make you work for a win, not just gift you it and then leave you to have a sunday drive.

Its only because of the tune that I was able to claw back all that time. Must thank that guy one day :)

Oh. Coincidently, my fastest lap with the GT '05 was 2.06 which isn't far away from that VGT time you set. Goes to show, if you get the lap totally right, its an easy win.
I'm pretty sure AI's are waiting. After a massive off it took endless to come back on the Track through the Sand but i was able to close the Gap within 1 Lap

I'm pretty sure AI's are waiting. After a massive off it took endless to come back on the Track through the Sand but i was able to close the Gap within 1 Lap
Thanks Chris, Way to bring my over confidence in my tuning abilities back down to earth :) Just kidding, I figured that they were slowing down or deliberately driving slowly, any other car would have gone on to pull way ahead of the pack.

Be honest Pete, Would you rather have the return of the AI who stick to the racing line in a convoy (like a safety car period in an F1 race) and don't fight back at all. They just let you drive 30-40 seconds off into the lead so you can lap them again at some point or have this new breed of angry yobs that like to make it interesting by using their cars as weapons.

I think I prefer the new breed as they do push you and make you work for a win, not just gift you it and then leave you to have a sunday drive.
I just want intelligent AI that fight fair like in the real world. I don't use my car like a bumper car & would like the same in return.
Maybe that's too hard for PD to accomplish.

I just want intelligent AI that fight fair like in the real world. I don't use my car like a bumper car & would like the same in return.
Maybe that's too hard for PD to accomplish.
I hear you and I agree with you completely.. Hopefully PD will make some amendments, they usually do (eventually) at some point of the games life span, I still think these AI are a beta test for what will be B Spec racing when that is released.

I hear you and I agree with you completely.. Hopefully PD will make some amendments, they usually do (eventually) at some point of the games life span, I still think these AI are a beta test for what will be B Spec racing when that is released.
You might be on to something there. I just really hope they nail the game settings before they release GT7 or I'm done.
These moving goals make it look like the monkeys are in control at PD. Kaz calls himself a perfectionist & the endless delays in releasing GT5, as annoying as they were, made me believe that 100%. My GT6 experience makes me want him to revert to not releasing the game until it's 100% finished & he's satisfied it's as good as possible. More than a few of the tuners would agree with that I'm sure. A garage full of tunes that are finished & well sorted only to have that work flushed by a physics change has seen a few throw their hands in the air & walk away. Hardly enjoyable really

You might be on to something there. I just really hope they nail the game settings before they release GT7 or I'm done.
These moving goals make it look like the monkeys are in control at PD. Kaz calls himself a perfectionist & the endless delays in releasing GT5, as annoying as they were, made me believe that 100%. My GT6 experience makes me want him to revert to not releasing the game until it's 100% finished & he's satisfied it's as good as possible. More than a few of the tuners would agree with that I'm sure. A garage full of tunes that are finished & well sorted only to have that work flushed by a physics change has seen a few throw their hands in the air & walk away. Hardly enjoyable really
I hope that the game is delayed by a year or two. I am going to be saving up for a PS4 and GT7 when it is released, I won't be buying the PS4 until GT7 is released so the later that is, the better for me. I want PD to get GT6 fully sorted as I am having a lot of fun with this game. My tuning skills are increasing due to the amount of events which PD release so the more practice I get on this game, the better I will be when the next game is released. Im sure that GT7 will be better than GT6 on its release, I think PD got the blunt end of a barrage of criticisms due to what was promised and what was missing from the game itself.

I have high hopes for GT7 as they have to make sure that one sells well otherwise they may consider their market position in a market that is already flooded with Car Simulators vying for a better position in the game development sector.

We neglect the VGT Cars. I took the Mercedes VGT to the Ascari Time Trial and i was 1 Second faster than the X-BOW
This is one thing which I think most GT users overlook. They usual gather dust in the garage. This is why I retuned them ages ago. In honesty, I forgot about the Non Racing Merc VGT. I keep the Racing VGTs ready for any seasonals that may be viable. Hopefully we get some more racing seasonals soon.

This is one thing which I think most GT users overlook. They usual gather dust in the garage. This is why I retuned them ages ago. In honesty, I forgot about the Non Racing Merc VGT. I keep the Racing VGTs ready for any seasonals that may be viable. Hopefully we get some more racing seasonals soon.[/quo

Concratulation to your Wedding and enjoy the Honey Moon. And Sorry for kidding with that Picture :)

Facebook Generation.jpg

Ferrari 458 Italia '09

600PP
677 BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distribution 45:55

Sports Soft Tyres

Change Oil

FC Suspension
F/R
130/90
9.30/13.50
5/6
4/7
1/5
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.03

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
(I have kept this the same from Praiano63 transmission setup as it was perfect for this tune) Many thanks @praiano63
Set final gear to 6.000
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.111
2nd 2.466
3rd 1.990
4th 1.646
5th 1.396
6th 1.193
7th 1.041
Set final gear to 3.500

FC LSD
12/13/14
Triple Plate Clutch

Power limiter set to 95.4%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 33kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This car is slidey but very controllable. The back end is a little looser than most 458 tunes I have tried, but it works well on DS3. This car is not great on tyre wear (such as willow springs 20 miles) but on super car festival, tuned car festival etc it is a real blast. This car really loves to eat up the corners.

This is a Mark 1 tune for me. Once I have more time in the future to get a better tyre wear version done, ill do that as mark 2. For now, I am happy with the results of this tune.

View attachment 184134
View attachment 139352
Will this tune work on A1 redbull ring as well?

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car

597PP
647 BHP
1175kgs
Weight Distribution 46:54

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change
Inch Up: 1 Wheels

FC Suspension
F/R
65/70
8.50/11.25
5/6
4/7
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.15

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 4.107
2nd 3.199
3rd 2.526
4th 2.073
5th 1.752
6th 1.528
Set final gear to 3.000

FC LSD
10/12/18
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 100.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3

Downforce
350/500
Ballast - Set 32kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only. Testing on Suzuka in Free run mode, this car was consistently running 2.04s - 2.05s every lap.

Tested on the A Spec Race itself. Wins easily. Even with my shoddy ability on Suzuka at present. :)

View attachment 170130
View attachment 170131

Just awesome tuning. Easy win but the point is I enjoyed the driving of the car. My Congratulations!
For first time I raced A-spec more than once just for the fun and will continue!
Little unstable for me (directional buttons user) the back end but no big deal. Even this, is enjoying!

Thanks! :cheers:

I agree with both of you...it would be boring if the AI's held back and you won the race with 40secs to spare...its ok for them to try to get past you..thats racing...but on the other hand they do have brakes...so use them and not come from 50 metres behind like a exocet missile and blow you off the track!!

Just awesome tuning. Easy win but the point is I enjoyed the driving of the car. My Congratulations!
For first time I raced A-spec more than once just for the fun and will continue!
Little unstable for me (directional buttons user) the back end but no big deal. Even this, is enjoying!

Thanks! :cheers:
I agree, This tune was perfect for Suzuka (the track is was specifically tuned for). The tune is still really good, but Bathurst does show this car is a little unstable on the uphill section. Not in a bad way, it is very quick when changing direction but if your not careful, it can catch you out. It is still an easy win as long as you keep it pointing the right direction! This car is a beast at 600PP, very enjoyable to drive.

Ferrari 458 Italia '09

600PP
677 BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distribution 45:55

Sports Soft Tyres

Change Oil

FC Suspension
F/R
130/90
9.30/13.50
5/6
4/7
1/5
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.03

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
(I have kept this the same from Praiano63 transmission setup as it was perfect for this tune) Many thanks @praiano63
Set final gear to 6.000
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.111
2nd 2.466
3rd 1.990
4th 1.646
5th 1.396
6th 1.193
7th 1.041
Set final gear to 3.500

FC LSD
12/13/14
Triple Plate Clutch

Power limiter set to 95.4%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 33kgs to Position -50

This car is slidey but very controllable. The back end is a little looser than most 458 tunes I have tried, but it works well on DS3. This car is not great on tyre wear (such as willow springs 20 miles) but on super car festival, tuned car festival etc it is a real blast. This car really loves to eat up the corners.

This is a Mark 1 tune for me. Once I have more time in the future to get a better tyre wear version done, ill do that as mark 2. For now, I am happy with the results of this tune.

View attachment 184134
View attachment 139352

This car was most enjoyable on Bathhurst:) Shaun you were right you do have to take it a little more careful through to top end bends but that said it makes it a bit more fun:) but its really fast on the striaghts which gives you that edge over the annoying TVR...lol
Thanks again for this wicked tune:)

Ford GT '05

600PP
615 BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distribution 46:54

Change Oil
Sports Soft Tyres

FC Sus

F/R
105/105
12.00/16.00
6/6
5/5
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.08/-0.02

Racing Brake Kit
8/6

FC Trans
Set final gear to 4.500
set max speed to 149mph
1st 2.986
2nd 2.262
3rd 1.775
4th 1.440
5th 1.203
6th 1.045
set final speed to 2.850

FC LSD
6/12/14
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power to 98.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 61kgs to Position -50

View attachment 184135
View attachment 117725

Cheers guys for the heads up on this little gem:) its very good on Bathurst 600pp seasonal 10.07.14 it handles so nice..thanks for the tune Shaunie boy:)

Back