Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Been using your tunes since I got the game. I appreciate the work you put into them and that you keep the lists updated each time the new seasonals arrive. I just wanted to add one to the recommended list for the Non-Racing Car Drift Trial:
Aston Martin Vanquish '04 (Drift Seasonal Setup) P143 +4277
It's probably because I'm terrible at drifting, but I had a hard time using the beautiful Ferrari 599 on the last group of drift trials (ended up quitting after silver) and I was struggling with it this time around as well. I finally decided to give the Aston a run at it and within 5 attempts I had gold!
Added to the list. Thanks for letting me know. It is good to hear that you have been using my tunes for a while. Hopefully they keep serving you well. :)

I did one lap and was done, could have gone faster not knowing or learning the track.
Got motivated to finally tune a ZZII for Bathurst, looks like my settings ending really close to yours. Again, one lap and done. Cash is nice though the only prize car worth it is the drift prize at Nurb. And I cannot drift.

I did one lap and was done, could have gone faster not knowing or learning the track.
Got motivated to finally tune a ZZII for Bathurst, looks like my settings ending really close to yours. Again, one lap and done. Cash is nice though the only prize car worth it is the drift prize at Nurb. And I cannot drift.
I would say that your drifting is getting better. You have gold in one of the events already. Keep going with the other one and you will get there. I am not surprised that your ZZII settings are close to mine, we do tune in a similar style so our settings and times usually end up about the same.

I found the Green Hell drift event to be the easiest drift trial I've tried yet (YMMV of course). I used the recommended Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo (Drift Setup) and got silver on my first attempt. A few minutes later I had gold and it was done, done, on to the next one. Out of curiosity do more people drift with a wheel or controller? I have a Logitech DFGT that I use for races and time trials, but I just can't hack the drift trials with the wheel and I go back to a DS3 for those.

Hey @Bass Addict I just got back the lead at the 700PP Racing Car Super Lap: Eifel.
Capture.PNG

Hey @Bass Addict I just got back the lead at the 700PP Racing Car Super Lap: Eifel. View attachment 530859

I was really hoping that you wouldn't check this TT again and I could sneak a "win"...wishful thinking, I know! :)

I am inching closer to you in the other TT...2:01.200.

EDIT: Major breakthrough on Bathurst...1:59.301...:eek:

:cheers:

Last edited:
I was really hoping that you wouldn't check this TT again and I could sneak a "win"...wishful thinking, I know! :)

I am inching closer to you in the other TT...2:01.200.

EDIT: Major breakthrough on Bathurst...1:59.301...:eek:

:cheers:
Good time at Bathurst :cheers:, I am still having a lot of problem on top of the mountain, them concrete walls are to close to the track and I get a bit :scared:.

Good time at Bathurst :cheers:, I am still having a lot of problem on top of the mountain, them concrete walls are to close to the track and I get a bit :scared:.

Thanks man...this is a wonderful layout and a total blast to drive!

I completely agree on the walls...the faster you go the more they come into play. I had two completed red laps today at 1:58.8xx that I BARELY touched the bloody wall...I didn't even know I was red lapped until it was over :banghead: On top of the mountain is the whole deal and where I gained all my time today...I just accept that I am going to have 15 red laps for every improvement in time.

Thanks man...this is a wonderful layout and a total blast to drive!

I completely agree on the walls...the faster you go the more they come into play. I had two completed red laps today at 1:58.8xx that I BARELY touched the bloody wall...I didn't even know I was red lapped until it was over :banghead: On top of the mountain is the whole deal and where I gained all my time today...I just accept that I am going to have 15 red laps for every improvement in time.
I lost count on how many times I crashed on the mountain hitting them dam walls, and I want my car to turn in more at the corners to.

Toyota 2000GT '67 (Drift Seasonal Setup)

464PP
288 BHP
1010kgs
Weight Distribution 51:49

Comfort Hard Tyres

Change Oil

FC Suspension

F/R
95/100
7.25/5.50
4/4
4/3
1/3
0.0/0.0
-0.20/0.32

Standard Brakes
2/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max seed to 112mph
1st 2.787
2nd 2.120
3rd 1.624
4th 1.313
5th 1.124
Set final gear to 5.400

FC LSD
45/50/15
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 100.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 63kgs to Position 50

Tuned with ABS 1 only for the drift seasonal (Pre-1980s Japanese Car) - It may take a few runs to get use to this particular tune but it is a gold tune. I got gold with a scrappy attempt.

View attachment 213145

Just used this car and setup to get the gold, the credits and the car (only one of the 2 paint chips, I had already won of them using a different car and setup) in the newest Non-Racing Car Drift Trial seasonal race.. 5083pts.. Thanks again for posting a awesome setup for a classic car.

Thanks, there is more time out on the track for me to get a bit better time, I am starting to like the pop corn maker :lol:.

Don't know how you do it. Those time trials including "700PP Racing Car Super Lap: Eifel" I personally find as I said before are much too stressful and unforgiving for my part. Don't have the patience. I've pretty much given up on them. But cheers to you.

Toyota 86 "Racing" 13 (Drift Seasonal Setup)

460PP
277 BHP
1150kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Comfort Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change
Aero Kit Type A
Inch Up: 2 Wheels

FC Suspension
F/R
90/100
10.50/13.00
4/4
3/3
1/3
0.0/0.0
-0.18/0.28

Racing Brake Kit
1/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.975
2nd 2.312
3rd 1.859
4th 1.530
5th 1.297
6th 1.141
Set final gear to 4.745

FC LSD
45/55/15
Triple Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 99.9%
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 2
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 61kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

I scored 10300 with this tune. This has the potential to score more though.

View attachment 213143
2883pts is my score for the current Racing Car Drift Trial it took one try to get that score. Drifting is still hard.
got the pts, the gold, the paint chips and the car.

Don't know how you do it. Those time trials including "700PP Racing Car Super Lap: Eifel" I personally find as I said before are much too stressful and unforgiving for my part. Don't have the patience. I've pretty much given up on them. But cheers to you.
Do use a wheel or a DS3 ?, because I use a wheel and left foot braking helps as well and a little bit of stress.

Just used this car and setup to get the gold, the credits and the car (only one of the 2 paint chips, I had already won of them using a different car and setup) in the newest Non-Racing Car Drift Trial seasonal race.. 5083pts.. Thanks again for posting a awesome setup for a classic car.

2883pts is my score for the current Racing Car Drift Trial it took one try to get that score. Drifting is still hard.
got the pts, the gold, the paint chips and the car.
Great job with the drift trials. Nice find with the classic motor too. I love the looks of that '67 car when it drifts.
Hey @shaunm80 I just got gold with your ZZII tune 👍 at the 4wd TT at Mt. Panorama!!!

It handle really well and like the rest have said if you just nick a wall you're toast, which View attachment 531382

Oh well, have fun with the rest of them I golded them already. 👍
Thanks for using my tune. It is a very stable car and as someone else has noted previously, it isn't scary when you get on the gas. Very smooth acceleration and easy to control at high speed. Hope your well and your garage is doing well too. :)

Back