Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
1.00.948 at Tsusuka. :) That felt good pulling a clean lap together. I used the 0.8 camber suggested by @fordlaser777 and that helped keep the rear a little tighter coming out of the back straight. Even more impressive is that I am only 0.035 behind @Bowtie-muscle on this event.
Change the oil and have no weight reduction on the car and put your ballast weight to 182kg and you will fly past @Bowtie-muscle :lol:.

Okay, I am acutely aware that my tunes of late have not been as quick as usual. I must admit, I have lacked the time for this element of the game due to other games I have been playing and uni taking up a huge portion of my life. I will hopefully have some free days over the next couple of weeks where I plan to do some GT6 tuning. Below is a list of cars that have caught my attention and will be tuned up in my usual Exeter GT style.

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total '10
Monster Sport 2011 Monster Sport SX4 Pikes Peak Special
Nissan Z GT500 Base Model '06
Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03
Opera Performance S2000 '04
Volkswagen Kubelwagen Typ 82 '44
Nissan Gran Turismo SKYLINE GT-R (PaceCar) '01
Renault Sport RS Turbo Rallye '85
Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99
Art Morrison Corvette '60
Cizeta V16T '94
Honda DUALNOTE '01
Mitsubishi Starion 4WD Rally Car '84
Isuzu 4200R '89
Nissan 350Z Concept LM Race Car
Nissan Calsonic Skyline GT-R '93
Ford RS200 Rally Car '85
Volkswagen W12 Nardo '01

As you can see, there is a mixture of gift cars that PD have given us over the last couple of months and a couple of racing cars I have picked from the dealerships. I haven't seen many tunes for these cars yet and that is why I chose to add these to my current list. Not sure how long it will take to get through them all but it will break up my study time nicely. :)

Last edited:
1.00.948 at Tsusuka. :) That felt good pulling a clean lap together. I used the 0.8 camber suggested by @fordlaser777 and that helped keep the rear a little tighter coming out of the back straight. Even more impressive is that I am only 0.035 behind @Bowtie-muscle on this event.
Nice, but I only did 1 lap ;)

And even managed to get gold in the drift trials rather easily, although I'm behind you.
Green He'll I just went for gold in something different than the norm, you should crush me there.:lol:

Nice, but I only did 1 lap ;)

And even managed to get gold in the drift trials rather easily, although I'm behind you.
Green He'll I just went for gold in something different than the norm, you should crush me there.:lol:
I might be able to do green hell in the TS030 but I need some luck as one spin and off I go into the grass. Darn track. Love the technicality of it but it does not forgive innocent mistakes.

One lap.. Hmm. took me about 6.. You definitely win that one. As for the drift events, well done! you are getting better at this drifting malarky.

Just like to thank you for your drift tunes for this weeks events. I am rubbish at drifting but got over 5000 points with the Subaru on my first attempt, amazing. The green hell trial was a bit more difficult for me but still gold gold with the Nissan after 5 go's. I look forward to your new tunes especially the Opera Performance S2000, I haven't used it much in GT6 but I did in GT5 and thought it was great especially in endurance events. Thanks once again.

this was the most ridiculous time trial sony has put out so far. I have always been able to get the golds on these, but, it appears they only want the top few thousand best drivers to get the gold on this one. I only have the silver by only 6 tenths of a second and I'm in 6000 place really? I think I've had enough. the set up that I have for the gsx can only get me the 6 tenths away from gold and I can't find any other tunes here for any other car, used to be the next day several tunes were here for the trials, guess interest is waning very much and the idiots at sony couldn't care less. thanks for all the help guys you here are the best.

Marcel

this was the most ridiculous time trial sony has put out so far. I have always been able to get the golds on these, but, it appears they only want the top few thousand best drivers to get the gold on this one. I only have the silver by only 6 tenths of a second and I'm in 6000 place really? I think I've had enough. the set up that I have for the gsx can only get me the 6 tenths away from gold and I can't find any other tunes here for any other car, used to be the next day several tunes were here for the trials, guess interest is waning very much and the idiots at sony couldn't care less. thanks for all the help guys you here are the best.

Marcel
Stick CS tyres on the tune below and see if this works for you.

Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 (500PP SH)

Also, most of us lot have already achieved gold using the glorified motorbike so we have left it at that. As for me, once I get gold, I move on.. Long gone are the days where I try to match the pace of some others here. :)

Marcel
Might check my GSX neutral tune. I got to with in 3 tenths with a couple of botched turns.
Might need to tweak the back a bit to take the tighter turns.

thanks Ot, but, I don't now what you mean by the neutral tune unless you mean just the way it comes, I can try it, also thanks shaunm80 thanks also, but, the tune for the shelby as with most here counts on sliding the car around the turns, it's another thing that drives me crazy here, how gt has decided to be a drift car racing game , if I had wanted to drift, I would have bought a drift car game, not gt. I do all the races with the exception of none of the drift races. So I need a set up that might be able to make the track the way gt was supposed to be, I assume the only way it can be done is with drifting around corners. Well if that is what gt wants, have fun to them change the name to gt drift.

thanks Ot, but, I don't now what you mean by the neutral tune unless you mean just the way it comes, I can try it, also thanks shaunm80 thanks also, but, the tune for the shelby as with most here counts on sliding the car around the turns, it's another thing that drives me crazy here, how gt has decided to be a drift car racing game , if I had wanted to drift, I would have bought a drift car game, not gt. I do all the races with the exception of none of the drift races. So I need a set up that might be able to make the track the way gt was supposed to be, I assume the only way it can be done is with drifting around corners. Well if that is what gt wants, have fun to them change the name to gt drift.
Slow in, fast out. If you start spinning up the rears and sliding around, your lap time will drift away from you. Just brake early and get your exit line spot on. :)

Shaun what was the car u used and what was it's setup? I've used your set ups before and they've done well for me

Hi Shaun, while I wait for Cory to post his Falcon tune in the FITT event, I decided to give the Rally Car Drift Trial a go...I now have my second Gold Target Score thanks to you! 👍

For me, you are the DRIFT KING :bowdown: I have a gold time on snow and now one on dirt....humm, I guess I have to learn how to drift on a normal road...:nervous:

:cheers:

I have two published GSX tunes ones is labeled neutral one is refined.
The neutral tune works on any track just shorten the final to fit the track. It would by set lap records but unlike a refined tune that is track dependent it goes everywhere and will get gold with varying degrees of effort.

@fordlaser777 so one day more on top at the Nordschleife event . i'm a little scared now when you sit down behind the wheel :lol:
0:59.492 now at Tsukuba Circuit, I am having to much fun at Tsukuba, I want to get in the 58s and I am still using Shaun's suspension and I may have to change it to go faster :). Chris I will get my 2J out one day but when I don't know but you are safe for a while and don't be scared I will not hurt you :lol:.

Unfortunately is the Suzuki GSX/R the only Car for Gold at the new 500PP Tsukuba event . 1:01.00 is a very low Gold time :) I got a 1:00.930
Hi, I got as close as 1:00.430 with Suzuki GSX and with my setup it drives very nice too but after an hour of tring I just gave up, very hard to get gold, tried lots of other cars but no chance, if you wish to try my setup will be happy to post it to you. Take care

0:59.492 now at Tsukuba Circuit, I am having to much fun at Tsukuba, I want to get in the 58s and I am still using Shaun's suspension and I may have to change it to go faster :). Chris I will get my 2J out one day but when I don't know but you are safe for a while and don't be scared I will not hurt you :lol:.
Hi, I am very happy with my setup and suits my driving style, was wondering if you don't mind passing your gear seup to try with mine, might help to get gold.......

0:59.492 now at Tsukuba Circuit, I am having to much fun at Tsukuba...

Great Driving! I really want to chase your ghost but my time is limited and I still have four tunes to test in the FITT event...:grumpy: I am going to give it a go before I leave on vacation but I know how much time I would need to give you a run for the money...:boggled:

Back