Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. LordJCS

LordJCS

That was quite an extensive review.. I really enjoyed reading it.. Now i need to get my hands on that car.

Badger66 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  2. shaunm80

shaunm80

I was pleasantly surprised by the review it got. like the review says, its a car for all drivers, for any driving style. It wasn't meant to be that loose but I couldn't make it grip any more than it does and in the end I went with what it was. As it turned out, it wasn't a bad effort at all. :)

Pete05, Badger66 and LordJCS like this.
  3. shaunm80

shaunm80

Yes.. Nico is certainly off my xmas card list.. The team pretty much backed up what Lewis said in the media.. What they should do is rat him out to the FIA. Have his race points deducted for Spa and have him suspended for a season for blatant cheating. Couple this instance with his parking incident at Monaco which cost lewis the pole, along with his dummy thrown out the pram mentality, it is the least that should happen to him.

Vettel.. Vettel who? Its like he's a ghost this year in this new RB car. You'd of thought he be one of the main ones to adjust to it like a duck to water. Instead, drivers like Ricciardo and Kyvet are really impressing among the drivers this year.

Pete05 and Badger66 like this.
  4. Badger66

Badger66

Just read this review by XS....its a very good review of your tune Shaun...:tup:
    Well done your tune sounds Wicked and would love to have ago sometime:cheers:

Pete05 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  5. shaunm80

shaunm80

Just tuned: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04 at 500PP SH. Times set on the new seasonal were 1.41s and low 1.40s. Should work on other track. Going to tune up this same car to 550PP SM and 600PP SS. Will be included in the next batch of tunes to be uploaded. Not sure when this will be but I think you will like this car.

Edit: 550PP SM version an easy win in the new seasonal. Best time set was a 1.33.1xx and it has so much grip and speed through the bends. Very nice car.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    LordJCS, Badger66, Pete05 and 2 others like this.
  6. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

I'm Ferrari Fan from the beginning and there is not much to celebrate this year. The whole F1 seems like a B-Spec race to me. I miss the old school with screaming V10 engines and motor oil in Drivers faces. And i don't think Nico's stupid act was intention :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    Badger66 and ferrari35 like this.
  7. Badger66

Badger66

Good luck on your move this week Shaun...hope it goes smoothly :tup:

8. shaunm80

shaunm80

I move next Monday so I have a few days left to enjoy in home comforts :) Won't take too long to get everything homely in the next flat though.

9. danbojte

danbojte

470PP, SH, Std brakes, Edit: No Aids, No ABS.

A-Spec Seasonal 550PP SM Trial Mountain, Winner! :tup:

10. shaunm80

shaunm80

Crikey, You must have been flying if you used a tune which was 80pp under the top range cars. Nice skills :)

11. LordJCS

LordJCS

Impressive... I bought **** tons of cars today that will all be equipped with Shaun's tunes ranging from 350-450pp.
    I have way too many in the higher ranges.

12. shaunm80

shaunm80

Glad to hear that. A lot of good tunes in that range. :)

13. LordJCS

LordJCS

I believe you.. Just by looking at some of them i can tell i'm in for a treat..

14. danbojte

danbojte

500PP, SH, Std brakes, No Aids, No ABS.

A-Spec Seasonal 550PP SM, Winner! :tup:

Edit: I've used default camber because you didn't specified any. :) :p

15. LordJCS

LordJCS

Just to prove a point?

Pete05, Badger66 and danbojte like this.
  16. shaunm80

shaunm80

I assume you mean that the tunes are good enough to beat those of a higher class around them :) I am not surprised if I'm honest, I used 350PP CS cars in a previous A-Spec race to beat 450PP SH cars. Its a matter of driving them smoothly.

Pete05, LordJCS and Badger66 like this.
  17. danbojte

danbojte

Earlyer post edited.

Yes, this is true. :)

18. shaunm80

shaunm80

I wouldn't have used camber when I tuned that car. If i recall correctly, camber wasn't as efficient (i.e. it was broken) when I tuned this car.

19. danbojte

danbojte

So, you used zero camber or default camber which is 0.5/1.5 for this car? :)
    Edit: Oh, I understood you used zero at that time. :tup:

20. shaunm80

shaunm80

Yep. You got it. Zero camber for this tune (and many others around that time)

21. danbojte

danbojte

Sadly, I can't upload the great replays because of the file size. :irked:
    This is my style for giving feed-back. They'll understand. ;)

Clear. ;) Anyway I drove with the default camber and it was good. When you'll find the time you maybe will correct the tune sheet. :tup:

Pete05 and LordJCS like this.
  22. alvaritoteam

alvaritoteam

Please,can someten give me te gold tunes of shaun for the new races

Badger66 likes this.
  23. shaunm80

shaunm80

Goto Page 76 - Post 2271 and you will see all the gold tunes I have been told about. I haven't added the ones from Dan yet but they will be added soon.

24. Badger66

Badger66

That's cool...i bet you can't wait mate:tup:

Good for you mate...he does have alot of wicked tunes in that range:cheers:

JCS have you tried Shaun's VW Scirocco R '10...i know its slightly above the range you wanted but it can be driven at 500pp or 529pp...this is such a Beautiful car and tune...its one of my favourites for Seasonals around that mark or more...this is only a thought:cheers:

Thinking back i think it did a 1.19 on the Willow Springs 550pp seasonal a couple of months ago

Pete05, LordJCS and shaunm80 like this.
  25. Badger66

Badger66

Zero Camber still works very well with your tunes:)

26. shaunm80

shaunm80

4 and a half tunes ready. the half tune is the RUF CTR2 '96 at 550PP SM. This car works brilliantly on 550PP SS but needs some refining for the same car to work as well on SM tyres. I am slowly working my way through the current development list. Some nice cars are heading this way. The Shelby GT350 '65 looks awesome and is really good on 500PP SH tyres.

27. Badger66

Badger66

Nice one mate...looking forward to them....especially the RUF....Wicked:cheers:

Pete05 and LordJCS like this.
  28. LordJCS

LordJCS

I have fond memories of the Scirocco R.. I used a 500pp tune from another tuner to win that 600pp seasonal at Mt Panorama. I even brought the car down to 480pp and still won. That car,with the right tune is an absolute beast.

I'll make sure to try out Shaun's tune on that car.

Edit: If my memory serves me well i believe it was Banditkarter's tune that was made for the Scirocco R superlap at deep forrest seasonal. It all started when Whoosiergirl put up a pic of her result from the Mt Panorama seasonal with that car.

Major :censored: storm ensued and someone called her out to provide proof. She did.. and she even took it one step further by tuning a Honda Oddessy to 470pp and won that seasonal....again..

Here's Whoosiergirl's Scirocco R replay from Mt Panorama.

And here's her Odyssey Replay.

chrisspeed281, Badger66 and Pete05 like this.
  29. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

i won the 550 PP a-spec with mix lap time 1:40 within 2 sec and i won with mix lap time 1:35 within 2 sec also. That makes me thinking

edit : same rabbit

Badger66 likes this.
  30. Badger66

Badger66

Nice one...good for her:)

After us mentioning the VW R '10 i thought i better take her for a spin on Trial Mountain seasonal and i took her up to 550pp just to see what time she could do and WoW she handled Awesome and got a 1.35.195...first race...so she can def get a quicker time..seeing this was the first try...Love this car and tune cheers Shaun :tup:

20140826_221754-1.jpg

Pete05, chrisspeed281 and LordJCS like this.