Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 936 comments
Porsche 356 A/1500 GS Carrera '56 450PP

Sports Hard Tyres
Size Up +1 wheels.

A fun 450PP tune which feels quite responsive despite the age of the car.

Porsche 356 A:1500 GS Carrera '56 450PP SH-1.jpg

Porsche 356 A:1500 GS Carrera '56 450PP SH-2.jpg

Original transmission

Porsche 356 A:1500 GS Carrera '56 450PP SH-3.jpg

Porsche 356 A:1500 GS Carrera '56 450PP SH-4.jpg

Porsche 356 A/1500 GS Carrera '56 600PP (Engine Swap Tune)

Engine swap = Porsche 959

Sports Medium Tyres
Size Up +1 Wheels (BBS for this car)

A fun and fast classic. Safe to drive and seriously fast in a straight line. Take the corners sensibly and it will win races against much newer cars. Enjoy!

Porsche 356 A:1500 GS Carrera '56 600PP SM ES-1.jpg

Porsche 356 A:1500 GS Carrera '56 600PP SM ES-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 250
Set gear ratios as per image.
Set final gear. Adjust if needed.

Porsche 356 A:1500 GS Carrera '56 600PP SM ES-3.jpg

Porsche 356 A:1500 GS Carrera '56 600PP SM ES-4.jpg

Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) '22 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

A well balanced and quick Porsche. Really good choice for those 700PP races. Easy to get the power down and very easy to place through the corners. A car to enjoy.

Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) '22 700PP SS-1.jpg

Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) '22 700PP SS-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set gear ratios as per image
Set Final gear as per image.

Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) '22 700PP SS-3.jpg

Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) '22 700PP SS-4.jpg

Winning race from a few weeks ago.

Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) '22 700PP SS WinShot.jpg

Porsche 911 Carrera RS (993) '95 700PP (Engine Swap Tune)

Engine Swap = CTR3
Sports Soft tyres
Sized Up wheels.

Another of the better engine swap cars in the game. This Car has loads of torque but it doesn't scare you when you put the power down. Really easy to drive. Remember to brake a tad earlier compared to the normal car as it does carry a lot of speed at the end of the straights. A nice 700PP german car to mix things up a little.

Porsche 911 Carrera RS (993) '95 700PP SS ES-1.jpg

Porsche 911 Carrera RS (993) '95 700PP SS ES-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set Final gear as per image. (Can be adjusted)

Porsche 911 Carrera RS (993) '95 700PP SS ES-3.jpg

Porsche 911 Carrera RS (993) '95 700PP SS ES-4.jpg

As you can see, I still love a good Porsche. Always fun to tune up and are easy to drive.

A few more tunes are nearly there, Will have them done soon.

A few months back I finally managed to get all the legendary cars and complete my collection as you can see.

mygt7grind.jpg

Still working on some of the mission races and trying to improve my licenses to all gold. Spec 2 stuff was fun and a well needed update. Put a little more enjoyment back in the game for me.

Once I have more tunes finished I will put them online. Enjoy the ones so far though.

Can I get someone’s gear ratios for the TS050?
Just wish I could get my road going version back. I had so many awesome cars that didn't come forward....ugh...good luck, I don't have 1 now. I also lost some of my premium cars when I switched from ps4 to ps5...hoping I can get it to sync up....Happy Hunting...Native_Shadow...Native Savage....previously str8pokr....

Last edited:
Audi R18 TDI '11 950PP

Racing Hard Tyres

More power, similar handling but not as much cornering grip as RM tyres. Same pace but needs more care when driving. RH Tyres do last a lot longer though for a mega endurance race.

View attachment 1156271
View attachment 1156272

Transmission
Set TS to 360
Ratios as per image
Set FG as per image.
Excellent. Still works great now. You don’t have to reduce the ECU, you can run at full power. With RM’s, it’s at 948.17pp. Thanks.

Last edited:
Nissan Silvia K's Type S '94 600PP

Sports Medium Tyres
Wide Body Kit
Wing Type A
Sized up wheels.

A car that is based off the 550PP version but has slightly more power and feels nicer in the high speed stuff. Not a massive BHP car but feels nice to drive.

View attachment 1197239
View attachment 1197240

Transmission
Set TS to 300
Set ratios as per image
Set FG. (can be adjusted)

View attachment 1197241
View attachment 1197242

Winning Race Times

View attachment 1197243
Also excellent maxed out. Thanks.

Nissan Silvia K's Type S '94 600PP

Sports Medium Tyres
Wide Body Kit
Wing Type A
Sized up wheels.

A car that is based off the 550PP version but has slightly more power and feels nicer in the high speed stuff. Not a massive BHP car but feels nice to drive.

View attachment 1197239
View attachment 1197240

Transmission
Set TS to 300
Set ratios as per image
Set FG. (can be adjusted)

View attachment 1197241
View attachment 1197242

Winning Race Times

View attachment 1197243
This also works great on the (S13) ‘88. Thanks.

Honda NSX Concept-GT '16 900PP

Racing Medium Tyres

A full blown steroid induced Gr.2 version of the NSX car. Extremely fast, agile and fun to drive. A great car all round.

View attachment 1174527
View attachment 1174528

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set FG as per image

View attachment 1174529
View attachment 1174530
Hey shaun, ist this 900 lp setup still up to date?, i copied it and i‘m around 876 lp, is there anything to do?
Thx Snacks

Hey shaun, ist this 900 lp setup still up to date?, i copied it and i‘m around 876 lp, is there anything to do?
Thx Snacks
All the 900PP cars seemed to be less in PP since an update a few months ago. If the engine tune has any restrictions, just remove them and run it at full power output. It will still work well.

If you are thinking of the 900PP event for the weekly challenges. I used the McLaren MP4/4 '88 (I think that's the one) formula 1 car at 894PP. I won by 30 seconds and it was so much fun.

My personal strategy was to drive at FM1 until you needed to pit, then run at FM3 until the last lap when you can go back into FM1. Only one stop required and your way faster than the opposition at all times.

All the 900PP cars seemed to be less in PP since an update a few months ago. If the engine tune has any restrictions, just remove them and run it at full power output. It will still work well.

If you are thinking of the 900PP event for the weekly challenges. I used the McLaren MP4/4 '88 (I think that's the one) formula 1 car at 894PP. I won by 30 seconds and it was so much fun.

My personal strategy was to drive at FM1 until you needed to pit, then run at FM3 until the last lap when you can go back into FM1. Only one stop required and your way faster than the opposition at all times.
Hey shaun,
I tried the mclaren and the nsx, they work both great with these settings.

Thank you very much for your time and work on this list.

Sports Soft Tyres

A well balanced and quick Porsche. Really good choice for those 700PP races. Easy to get the power down and very easy to place through the corners. A car to enjoy.

View attachment 1309626
View attachment 1309627

Transmission
Set TS to 320

View attachment 1309628
View attachment 1309629

View attachment 1309625

Hi Shaun

What a great setup this is!! Thank you for sharing. It wins the Schwarzwald League events with ease. Such a nice car to drive. Well balanced as you mentioned. Plenty of grip.
It drives nice as stock but you have made it better. A little less power but much lighter making it faster overall.

View attachment 1120573

Gran Turismo 7 Setups

Hello all and welcome to Exeter GT Tuning. Once upon a time ago I had a modest sized tuning garage in GT6 but life got in the way for GT Sport and I didn't have the time or enough energy to keep going with the tuning aspects of that game. For GT7 however, I am definitely going to back and will be posting tunes for cars once more!

I look forward to seeing some of the old people from my previous thread and also new people who are looking for easy to drive cars in GT7.

I will be making the old style tunes that made GT6 more fun to play and as has always been the case, feel free to chat, ask any questions and comment on any of the tunes that will be forthcoming.

In time I will be more open about why I went quiet for so long but for now Hello again everyone! Sorry I was not about for ages and I hope to see a few of you in GT7 in the future.
Hey shaun is your 2022 tuning still available to use till this date 2024

I am going to be working nights so won't have much time to play but I do plan on completing the new events soon. Anyone know which car is best to use for the 620PP race at trial mountain where you can pick any car? I tried the Gr.4 McClaren but the lead car seems miles away even after 2 laps.

One of the events I am yet to win is the 700PP GT-R race but I have a Nismo GT-R all prepared for tuning at this range. Hoping that this car will dominate that race.
Use the Aston Martin DR-100 VGT. Slap a set of Sports Hards on it and De-tune it to 600 PP. Be very careful for the first few laps. I short shift it and can make the entire race on one tank of gas.
Bang

any chance for a Veyron Gr 4 tune?
I will take a look and see what I can do with it. Will try and free some time up in the next few days.
Excellent tune at all power levels. Thanks.
Thanks. Appreciate you testing the car out. It is a nice car for the age of it. Definitely unique looking.
Hey shaun is your 2022 tuning still available to use till this date 2024
I still use the same tunes for all the recent events and they all seem to work well still. I have updated a few tunes recently that needed tweaks but otherwise they are all good.

I will take a look and see what I can do with it. Will try and free some time up in the next few days.

Thanks. Appreciate you testing the car out. It is a nice car for the age of it. Definitely unique looking.

I still use the same tunes for all the recent events and they all seem to work well still. I have updated a few tunes recently that needed tweaks but otherwise they are all good.
Okay thnx shaun you have great tunes the mini challenge very tough bt ill get it i need to try ur tune again because i tryd it bt my numbers was'nt matching yours im sure i missed sumthing

Sports Soft Tyres

View attachment 1309626
View attachment 1309627

Transmission
Set TS to 320

View attachment 1309628
View attachment 1309629

View attachment 1309625
Fantastic job
This way the car is enjoyable
Stock is a little boring

Porsche 919 Hybrid '16 915PP

Racing Medium Tyres

A fast and safe group 1 car. Easy to drive and will get wins/podiums without a sweat. Pretty good on fuel but you will need to find your own fuel management settings for individual races.

Porsche 919 Hybrid '16 915PP RM-1.jpg

Porsche 919 Hybrid '16 915PP RM-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 350
Adjust gears as per image
Set FG as per image (can be adjusted)

Porsche 919 Hybrid '16 915PP RM-3.jpg

Porsche 919 Hybrid '16 915PP RM-4.jpg

This car is capable of winning. I made a mistake and still got P2.

Porsche 919 Hybrid '16 Podium.jpg

Bugatti Veyron Gr.4 670PP

Racing medium tyres

A fun and easy to drive group 4 car. heavy but fast. Works nice through the bends but if you push it too much it may have a little understeer at high speed.

Bugatti Veyron Gr.4 670PP RM-1.jpg

Bugatti Veyron Gr.4 670PP RM-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 300
Set FG as per image

Bugatti Veyron Gr.4 670PP RM-3.jpg

Bugatti Veyron Gr.4 670PP RM-4.jpg

Winning race

Bugatti Veyron Gr.4 WinShot.jpg

Ford GT '17 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres
no custom bodywork equipped on this one.

A very nice handling and seriously quick american sports car. Really good through the corners, feels like a european car in that regard now.

This car has a massive top speed so need to brake a little earlier at the end of long straights. Enjoy :)

Ford GT '17 700PP SS-1.jpg

Ford GT '17 700PP SS-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 370
Set FG as per image (can be adjusted)

Ford GT '17 700PP SS-3.jpg

Ford GT '17 700PP SS-4.jpg

Ford Focus Gr.B Rally Car (705PP)

Racing Hard Tyres

A rally car that can win both the road circuit races in GT7. A great little car.

View attachment 1159139
View attachment 1159140

Transmission
Set TS to 280
Set FG as per image

View attachment 1159141
View attachment 1159142

The proof in the pudding

View attachment 1159143
View attachment 1159144
First of all let me tell you how much I apricate all of your have work making up all of theses setup. I can't even imagine how long it must have taken you to do each one of these. I'm have some problems with the setup. After I buy everythings that you did from the Parts Store I then when into the setup screen & set everything as you did but for some reason my numbers don't match your numbers. I can't figure out why they are different so I've attached copies of the my screen setup with your setting & as you can see my number are different. I can't figure out why they are different. If you can see anything that I may have missed or didn't do will you please let me know what they are so I can make the changes.

garystevens64

Attachments

• External GT Tuning Setup 1.jpg
    External GT Tuning Setup 1.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 6
  • External GT Tuning Setup 2.jpg
    External GT Tuning Setup 2.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 6
  • External GT Tuning Setup 3.jpg
    External GT Tuning Setup 3.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 6
First of all let me tell you how much I apricate all of your have work making up all of theses setup. I can't even imagine how long it must have taken you to do each one of these. I'm have some problems with the setup. After I buy everythings that you did from the Parts Store I then when into the setup screen & set everything as you did but for some reason my numbers don't match your numbers. I can't figure out why they are different so I've attached copies of the my screen setup with your setting & as you can see my number are different. I can't figure out why they are different. If you can see anything that I may have missed or didn't do will you please let me know what they are so I can make the changes.

garystevens64
Hi and thank you. Some car setups take very little time at all to get right, others however can take weeks before I am happy with them. Porsches definitely fall into the 1hr or less for finding a decent setup.

I have taken a look at the gear box settings on my car. I am not sure why you can't replicate the numbers. If it is only 1st gear which is giving you problems. I would not worry too much. Just place it about 0.100 above the lowest figure available and it should work perfectly. I copied a new sheet and was able to get the numbers as I originally posted them.

I also noticed you have your negative camber angle at 0.5 on the front suspension. Personal preference? It is okay if it is. My tunes are for guidance mainly to get something safe and easy to drive. I don't mind if people change them a little for their driving style. I have mine set at 0.8 on the front suspension.

Hey all,

A new update dropped today. Some nice cars in there. Already have tunes for the Urus and the Toyota Gr.2 car. The Gr.2 car is a beast for all 900PP races which use the Gr.2 cars. I won very easily for a change. Normally I use the MP4/4 McLaren F1 car to win those events.

For those who have tested the Urus already, it is a heavy, understeering beast in stock mode. I have made it into a car that is looser in the rear and feels a lot more drivable in most events. It also comes in at 650PP which is slightly underpowered but still feels really quick.

I will put the tunes out in a few days, I want to get a few more finished off first.

Latest Posts

Back