Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 929 comments
Nissan Z Performance '23 600PP

Sports Hard Tyres
Front Type A
Rear wing Type B

A SH tyre car which is fun to drive, a little slidey but easily controllable. Makes for great fun.

Nissan Z Performance '23 600PP-1.jpg

Nissan Z Performance '23 600PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 330
Set gear ratios as per image
Set FG as per image. Can be adjusted.

Nissan Z Performance '23 600PP-3.jpg

Nissan Z Performance '23 600PP-4.jpg

Last edited:
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16 800PP

Racing Hard Tyres

A great handling Gr.2 car that can one stop the Sardegna race very easily.

Use a higher FM setting until you pit at lap 8/9, then go down the maps when you hit lap 12/13.

Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16 800PP-1.jpg

Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16 800PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set FG as per image
(if you can't match the numbers, build the 900PP version first)

Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16 800PP-3.jpg

Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16 800PP-4.jpg

The proof in the pudding.

Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16 WinShot.jpg

Gran Turismo F1500T-A 950PP

Racing Soft Tyres

This car is fast and predictable but it will try and slide out in the rear sometimes. I find it completely manageable to easy to control but if you want it more stable, you can add in ballast and move the weight distribution forward (like in the 800PP version) and it will make it easy should you like it that way.

Gran Turismo F1500T-A 950PP-1.jpg

Gran Turismo F1500T-A 950PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 360
Set FG as per image

Gran Turismo F1500T-A 950PP-3.jpg

Gran Turismo F1500T-A 950PP-4.jpg

Gran Turismo F1500T-A 800PP (Updated)

Racing Hard Tyres

A tune that is easy to drive at the limit for the Sardegna race. Handles like a dream and it still fast enough to compete with the CLK in top lap times.

This tune has been revised since the update ages ago that made this go way beyond 800PP in its original form. It is now faster and very easy to control on the high speed stuff. Watch the fast acceleration out of some corners around sardegna though, it can sometimes get a little squirrelly. Enjoy!

Gran Turismo F1500T-A 800PP RH-1.jpg

Gran Turismo F1500T-A 800PP RH-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set FG as per image

Gran Turismo F1500T-A 800PP RH-3.jpg

Gran Turismo F1500T-A 800PP RH-4.jpg

Last edited:
Aston Martin DB5 '64 600PP
Well it only took me 19 laps to figure the car out for an entire race, but I finally did it! Corner exit is a real test of patience and requires a gentle throttle, but its manageable once you master it. I know I’m hard on tires with my driving technique, but man does she chew through the rubber. With all that out of the way, hitting 197 MPH in a car that’s nearly 60 years old is pretty damn impressive.

202288AD-E3E3-44AE-8BAC-CCF29D5A0701.jpeg

Last edited:
Great work, thanks a lot - will test them all! BTW: Are you still working on the swapped RX8 for 700pp? Looking forward to that, too...
Still working on it. Its a car that is difficult to tame at that power output.
Well it only took me 19 laps to figure the car out for an entire race, but I finally did it! Corner exit is a real test of patience and a gentle throttle, but its manageable once you master it. I know I’m hard on tires with my driving technique, but man does she chew through the rubber. With all that out of the way, hitting 197 MPH in a car that’s nearly 60 years old is pretty damn impressive.

Not a car that I would expect to do well at this race but well done on trying it out. A beautiful thing though to win in.

I feel the same about MT driving when I drive this. I can't do it but I wish I could to make this thing have better fuel efficiency.
Interesting. You only drive AUTO? All your tunes are done on AUTO?
Do you use Dual Sense controller? Or a wheel?

Interesting. You only drive AUTO? All your tunes are done on AUTO?
Do you use Dual Sense controller? Or a wheel?
Always automatic and yeah, dual sense controller that came with the ps5. I do use r2 and L2 now though whereas before on gt6 I was an x button basher so I’m definitely getting better :)

Always automatic and yeah, dual sense controller that came with the ps5. I do use r2 and L2 now though whereas before on gt6 I was an x button basher so I’m definitely getting better :)
Very interesting. Your tunes work fantastically well as MT, on a wheel set-up (G29 here).
I was on GT1 very early and remember using X for gas, square for brake. This was before the Dual Shock with thumbsticks was released, so steering was using D-pad. Many hours spent stoned doing licence tests with my girlfriend.
I stuck with X and square for years but I did use L1 and R1 for gear changes in other driving games like VRally.
When I got a PS4 and GT Sport, I forced myself to learn how to use the triggers for gas and brake, and to use X and square for gear shifts. It became second nature surprisingly quickly. Its all about training the muscle memory. Even doing a 15 minute race each day for 4-5 days is enough to learn to shift manually. The key though is you cannot allow yourself to drive any other way during those days, otherwise you ruin the muscle memory thing. Even after using a G29 for 3 years, I can still play using a controller and doing X/square gear shifting. Takes 5 mins to get back in the groove. Like riding a bike. You never forget.

Very interesting. Your tunes work fantastically well as MT, on a wheel set-up (G29 here).
I was on GT1 very early and remember using X for gas, square for brake. This was before the Dual Shock with thumbsticks was released, so steering was using D-pad. Many hours spent stoned doing licence tests with my girlfriend.
I stuck with X and square for years but I did use L1 and R1 for gear changes in other driving games like VRally.
When I got a PS4 and GT Sport, I forced myself to learn how to use the triggers for gas and brake, and to use X and square for gear shifts. It became second nature surprisingly quickly. Its all about training the muscle memory. Even doing a 15 minute race each day for 4-5 days is enough to learn to shift manually. The key though is you cannot allow yourself to drive any other way during those days, otherwise you ruin the muscle memory thing. Even after using a G29 for 3 years, I can still play using a controller and doing X/square gear shifting. Takes 5 mins to get back in the groove. Like riding a bike. You never forget.
That's interesting. I'm not quite sure why, but I thought people usually remapped their controllers to change gears easier, in fact, that's what I did. I changed the configs so I could shift down on L1 and shift up on R1.

Edit: wording

Last edited:
It's tricky using all 4 backside buttons. Great if you can manage it. I don't think I could. I think square and x are quite common for MT shifts and I found it quite intuitive and comfy very quickly. Having said all that, playing on a controller feels like a game. Sitting in a rig (even a cheapo one like mine) using a wheel and pedals, feels like driving a car. To me, anyway

Audi R18 '16 950PP

Racing Medium Tyres

A fast, safe and easy to drive Gr.1 car. Ignore the fact it says RH on the tune sheet name. it is tuned on RM tyres. I am just to lazy to retake pictures with the matching text.
Good morning all!

So, a small review for a class I like... and hate to drive...

• Tested - St. Croix 950PP 8 laps
  • Changes made from original tune: NONE

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220916120451.jpg

This tune... Absolutely perfect! Huge grip and cornering ability! Nothing else to say really... However, I hate driving these fancy electric/hybrid whatever cars because the simple fact that without that "battery" thingy they are bellow average cars, i.e., they are a bit slow and worse then some Gr.2 cars!

So, being said this, please don't start ranting on @shaunm80 thread, keep it clean please! 👍

TY Shaun for yet another great tune! :)

Off to other builds... :P

Chat soon! 👍

EDIT: BTW, probably everyone as already noticed, but the new damage model is only present on the grindy races (Tokyo, Le Mans and Sardegna)... I overshooted some corners on this race and had no damage at all... Mmmm... :grumpy:

Last edited:
Good morning all!

This tune... Absolutely perfect! Huge grip and cornering ability! Nothing else to say really... However, I hate driving these fancy electric/hybrid whatever cars because the simple fact that without that "battery" thingy they are bellow average cars, i.e., they are a bit slow and worse then some Gr.2 cars!

So, being said this, please don't start ranting on @shaunm80 thread, keep it clean please! 👍

Chat soon! 👍

EDIT: BTW, probably everyone as already noticed, but the new damage model is only present on the grindy races (Tokyo, Le Mans and Sardegna)... I overshooted some corners on this race and had no damage at all... Mmmm... :grumpy:

I clocked that on the suzuka wet 950pp earlier too. Made solid contact a number of times with other cars... no damage.

Going to try the audi next I think...

Last edited:
Gran Turismo F1500T-A 800PP

Racing Hard Tyres

A tune that is easy to drive at the limit for the Sardegna race. Handles like a dream and it still fast enough to compete with the CLK in top lap times.
Hi all!

A small review on the GT:

• TEST 1 - Sardegna 800PP 15 laps
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220918173301.jpg

• TEST 2 - Watkins Glenn 800PP 10laps
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220918175931.jpg

After testing on both tracks, despite being detuned to a PP not very usual, have to say I much prefer this way then the 950PP (the normal PP I believe)...
The car handles amazing and super grippy even on low gears... The gear ratios are matched perfectly to the power of the car.
No oversteer or understeer noticed on both tracks, FM very good, tyre wear good in relation to the new model in 1.20/1.21...

I know many will say the car handles this great because it is heavely detuned, but for me I prefer a detuned car and a much more close race with the AI then a full power (in this case the 950PP version) that can only perform on the straights...

@shaunm80, amazing job on the 800PP version.

Chat soon! 👍

Last edited:
I don't like the new model , at Lemans the front tire of a FF GT4 Car are totaly gone after 2 1/2 Laps.

Attachments

• FdE-qeDWYAQEg0P.jpg
    FdE-qeDWYAQEg0P.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 17
I don't think going to a MT way of driving is for me right now. I am pretty quick at the AT style now and find it way easier to tune when the car does all the shift points for me.
Good morning all!

Chat soon! 👍

Thank you for testing out the Gr.1 cars. Glad to see that you enjoyed it. I agree with you and the hybrid cars. Once that battery goes it feels like a GP2 engine (in the words of Fernando "I moan a lot" Alonso. Some Gr.1 cars are really easy to get right, others are so difficult, I am not sure why there is a gulf between them all but the Jag gr.1 should be awesome, sadly it isn't... yet. I am working on it though.
I has to strip off the Turbo and ALS to get her to make 3 laps, but she did so without too much loss in performance. A nice drive when the back-end behaves itself.

A BMW is always going to have a happy tail. It's like an excited dog, always wanting to slide round corners regardless of the what the front end is planning. This car is really nice though and at the PP range it was originally the sliding isn't all that bad. More fun I would say.
Hi all!

A small review on the GT:

• TEST 1 - Sardegna 800PP 15 laps
  • TEST 2 - Watkins Glenn 800PP 10laps
After testing on both tracks, despite being detuned to a PP not very usual, have to say I much prefer this way then the 950PP (the normal PP I believe)...
The car handles amazing and super grippy even on low gears... The gear ratios are matched perfectly to the power of the car.
No oversteer or understeer noticed on both tracks, FM very good, tyre wear good in relation to the new model in 1.20/1.21...

I know many will say the car handles this great because it is heavely detuned, but for me I prefer a detuned car and a much more close race with the AI then a full power (in this case the 950PP version) that can only perform on the straights...

@shaunm80, amazing job on the 800PP version.

Chat soon! 👍
Glad you took the chance with this one. I agree with you on the whole 800PP range being odd for this sort of car but it really does work! it is a lot of fun at 950PP but it might try and kill you. The 800PP version just loves you gently and lets you get on you with your day effortlessly.
I don't like the new model , at Lemans the front tire of a FF GT4 Car are totaly gone after 2 1/2 Laps.
Yeah, the tyre models are definitely extreme now. Even RH tyres and Inters have massive wear on tracks where they have no right to be. I am sure they did it for a reason but I don't like it.

Thank you for testing out the Gr.1 cars. Glad to see that you enjoyed it. I agree with you and the hybrid cars. Once that battery goes it feels like a GP2 engine (in the words of Fernando "I moan a lot" Alonso.
:lol:

Some Gr.1 cars are really easy to get right, others are so difficult, I am not sure why there is a gulf between them all but the Jag gr.1 should be awesome, sadly it isn't... yet. I am working on it though.
Absolutely agree! The Jag I only ran a very detuned version at 700PP for Le Mans... It was very easy to drive indeed...
Did a test on a full power version and you might guess the result without proper tuning... Can't wait to test you version though...

From what I read here and saw on some videos on YT, I believe the "best" Gr.1 car might be the Peugeot 908 HDI FAP... The Le Mans circuit experience was in that car and I was able to gold it after a few atempts...
it is a lot of fun at 950PP but it might try and kill you
Yup... Did a test at Suzuka for the 950pp with your tune and the weak point of such power is not the handling, and of course not the tune, but the fact you have to use the softer tyre compounds to get the best of it... But once they start to wear off the car becomes a bit more wild...

Last edited:
Rules of the garage

Please be respectful to all who contribute in this thread
I am still not bilingual so the use of the english language is definitely appreciated
Friendly banter and jokes are most welcome but be careful not to overstep and insult someone.
most importantly... have fun!

If anyone has any car requests, please ask and I will see if I have the time and credits to do so. Normally I will just be tuning cars which I like the look off and which are going to useful to most people when they start their GT7 Journey.

With a view of bringing back some of the old garage, here is some wall art from my personal photo collection. Enjoy!

View attachment 1124006
Loved Firenze. Thanks for the pic. And the tunes, too.

So the new update has once again altered the pp ratings of some cars. My favourite clk gr.2 car for Sardegna road race took a big hit and is now feeling way too slow. It is still capable but if you want a fun race, use the f1500. Way better now.

They always hit the money races for some reason. Anyway. On other news, I have 4 tunes ready to go and I’m working on others. The new vw is awesome and definitely work buying.

Subaru BRZ GT300 '21 (800PP)

Racing Hard Tyres
@shaunm80

Your tune for the BRZ GT300 is still flawless, the new update did not affected it... Even lowered a few PP, so the power restrictor went up a point... :P

Just used it for the new 800PP Tokyo XPWay just added, still super fast (warp speed), tons of grip and FM + tyre wear still perfect...

An easy win... :)

Chat soon! 👍

Surprisingly nimble and very quick, but poor economy holds this one back a bit. It only took 3 tries to get acceptable conditions for testing. :banghead:

Typical economy for this car i think. Anything american with a 6.2 or above engine is always going to be hungry. A nice car to drive though even with the poor fuel economy.
Just enough wet to knock my time down a bit, I’m sure she can do better, but this ain’t bad!

A nice choice. Cool looking car that isn't too shabby around the bends. :)
Loved Firenze. Thanks for the pic. And the tunes, too.
Yes, it is a great city. I do love the cathedral area and the square where the david statue use to live. Italy is a really nice country. So many awesome places to visit.
@shaunm80

Your tune for the BRZ GT300 is still flawless, the new update did not affected it... Even lowered a few PP, so the power restrictor went up a point... :P

Just used it for the new 800PP Tokyo XPWay just added, still super fast (warp speed), tons of grip and FM + tyre wear still perfect...

An easy win... :)

Chat soon! 👍
I still have to do this new race. I will probably pull this car out the garage and give it a go. What fuel map did you find most efficient to get a 1 stop race? Normally FM 4 or 5 will do for these cars but then again I use AT and not MT so it might differ for other people.

I used your F1500 at Sardegna. One stop, excellent. I also used your BRZ GT300 at Sardegna and at Suzuka. I had to 2-stop at Sardegna on FM6. I cranked it up to FM1 for the last two laps. Suzuka was fun, too. It's a rocket, even at FM6.

Thanks!

I still have to do this new race. I will probably pull this car out the garage and give it a go. What fuel map did you find most efficient to get a 1 stop race? Normally FM 4 or 5 will do for these cars but then again I use AT and not MT so it might differ for other people.
I also use AT, and used FM5 almost the entire race. The tyres managed to hold the entire race, and probably with some coasting in FM6 one stop will be certain... However I did 2 stops, wanted to push the car in FM1 in the last laps... The entire race with my 2 stops was less then 20 minutes if my memory serves me right...

Back