Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 929 comments
Subaru BRZ Drift Car '17 700PP
A hidden tune! I’m wondering how I forgot about this as I had previously ‘liked’ it. Originally, I was going to play around with my collaborative Drift tune today, but decided I didn’t have the time or patience for it.

My opening 2 laps and L7 were great, the rest was a slog through rain and wet tarmac, but I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. This car really makes me want to start using a MT for the fuel economy alone, 3 laps in this car is a death sentence for any other car on the track. I really want that U Turbo now, just to see what is possible! Do you know of any other S parts available for it?

EDIT: I forgot that I DO have the U Turbo, I was reluctant to install it because of the torque hit. Obviously you felt differently, rationale?

22A9D450-EF67-4494-B4F0-C1CCE1818A0F.jpeg

Last edited:
Another successful up-tune for Sarthe. Excellent fuel economy, great grip and handling. A bit of oversteer when jumping on the throttle exiting corners, but nothing that can’t be fixed by having a gentle ‘right foot.’ Can turn at least 4 laps at FM5 with an AT, probably a 5-lapper with a MT, possibly even 6. Excellent little hot hatch, fun drive! I made a post-race adjustment to tighten up the gearbox a bit, it should be even quicker now.

Nice win. I do like this car for a lot of the races. Always feels nice. Fast and safe for most tracks.
After those shenanigans were over, it wasn’t really a bad drive. She’s much more responsive on RS than RM, but chews through them in 2 laps. I’ll see what she’s like on RH’s another time. Pretty good on fuel thankfully, else I probably would’ve just given up altogether. The brakes felt fine to me, you just can’t be late applying them. The same can be said for throttle application, only the opposite is true, if you’re early coming out of a corner, good luck. The car is all about timing and touch and if you forget that for just a moment, she will make you pay. There is simply no margin for error, but when you nail it, she actually feels quite nice.

This car was such trouble. It deserved way more love in stock form. Maybe this car might get an update in the future to write the wrongs it has but for now this car is all it can be. Nice win though. Good lap times considering the state of the car.
A hidden tune! I’m wondering how I forgot about this as I had previously ‘liked’ it. Originally, I was going to play around with my collaborative Drift tune today, but decided I didn’t have the time or patience for it.

My opening 2 laps and L7 were great, the rest was a slog through rain and wet tarmac, but I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. This car really makes me want to start using a MT for the fuel economy alone, 3 laps in this car is a death sentence for any other car on the track. I really want that U Turbo now, just to see what is possible! Do you know of any other S parts available for it?

EDIT: I forgot that I DO have the U Turbo, I was reluctant to install it because of the torque hit. Obviously you felt differently, rationale?

I feel the same about MT driving when I drive this. I can't do it but I wish I could to make this thing have better fuel efficiency. I learnt quickly to goto the pits the moment the screen told me too otherwise you will run out of fuel even with FM6 going on. A nice surprise though as it trounces a lot of the competition regardless.

Toyota GR Supra RZ '19 700PP
I wasn’t planning on doing this one anytime soon, but when I won the WR5 today, I took the plunge. Interesting side note, I had done 0 upgrades to the car and it let me install the WR without having purchased any of the lower tiers, so it saved me a chunk of change. To increase the economy and make it 1-stop capable, I turned off the ALS and adjusted the gearing to 3.700. Good tune, easy drive.

448F13E6-D3AC-42BF-95CC-C99A5F17886D.jpeg

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizone '08 600PP
Up-tuned to 700. This should have been better. I wasn’t paying attention on my pit entry for L4/5 and unnecessarily put IM’s on, easily could’ve gotten under 31 overall if I hadn’t done that.

952F27CA-4D5C-4C72-8BE1-D1070A0C96B7.jpeg

AMG Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series '20 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

This car is up there with the other AMG in terms of speed and feel. Sounds different which is nice but ultimately another nice choice for those european/german events in the game.

View attachment 1167174
View attachment 1167175

Transmission
Set TS to 360
Set gear ratios as per image
Set FG as per image

View attachment 1167176
View attachment 1167177
Forgot to post this one yesterday. I was pretty happy with my times.

A05A3073-0013-42AE-A106-C1F97B03C944.jpeg

LOL, my new swapped cheat code. I’m including the tune on this one for you to sample if you’d like Shaun. I toyed with the gearbox a bit, it feels close. This car in this iteration would not pass your safety test, but I think a little more work on the LSD and/or the suspension will clean it up. This assumes you took part in the bonanza or have the engine via more legitimate means.

View attachment 1176008View attachment 1176009View attachment 1176010View attachment 1176012View attachment 1176013
I just came to the realization. :banghead:

You are far too gracious…I will test the appropriate tune shortly.

Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '03 (500PP)
Probably could’ve cracked 4:10, but there was no meat left on those tires! I feel like I’m getting my lap times back for the most part, but my overall is still a bit high with this update.

A938C5C3-466F-426C-926D-9F839473D331.jpeg

View attachment 1120573

Gran Turismo 7 Setups

Hello all and welcome to Exeter GT Tuning. Once upon a time ago I had a modest sized tuning garage in GT6 but life got in the way for GT Sport and I didn't have the time or enough energy to keep going with the tuning aspects of that game. For GT7 however, I am definitely going to back and will be posting tunes for cars once more!

I look forward to seeing some of the old people from my previous thread and also new people who are looking for easy to drive cars in GT7.

I will be making the old style tunes that made GT6 more fun to play and as has always been the case, feel free to chat, ask any questions and comment on any of the tunes that will be forthcoming.

In time I will be more open about why I went quiet for so long but for now Hello again everyone! Sorry I was not about for ages and I hope to see a few of you in GT7 in the future.
Welcome back. Life does get in the way.

Thanks for the tunes, much appreciated.

Hello Shaun!

Hope you're enjoying / enjoyed your holidays! :)

Perhaps for when you return, a small hint on the next one to get a bit of your magic?... :D

9dbd7aebecf8292db84ab6e93316fcf5_photo.webp

Chat soon!
I need to do a lot more grinding for this bad boy. I am working on some other cars. Have two days off work so will be trying to get them finished off.

Hope your good and all being well, I will have some lovely tunes out soon.

I used your Alpine 220 700pp tune,(at LeMans). Incredible!

Thank you.
Thanks, That car is very stable and very fast. One of the safest cars to drive at full pelt in the game at the moment.

Now this is more like it! Would’ve cracked 4:10, but ran out of fuel as soon as I hit the gas on the final straight.

Ah yeah, this is a very thirsty car and it really knows how to gulp down fuel. A nice drive though for sure.

Unfortunately since I have returned from holiday, I have been very busy at work and on my days off, my brain hasn't been firing on full capacity but I have a lot of tunes which are 80% done, just need a brain to get those last few bits completed. There are some awesome cars to come your way very soon though.

CLK-LM update times.jpg

The new update has made this tune even better for the Sardegna money race. Really nice drive on this event and super duper fast car.

Rear Toyota yaris shot.jpg

A while ago some one asked for the rear graphics of the Yaris GR special edition car that came with the deluxe edition. For some reason it brought up the menu when i screen shot it but you can see all the graphics fairly well.

Porsche 918 Spyder '13 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres
All stock body (no changes made)

A really nice handling and quick Porsche. Definitely a car that you can drive at the limit. Slow in, fast out for corners but otherwise you'll find this car really fun to drive.

Porsche 918 Spyder '13 700PP-1.jpg

Porsche 918 Spyder '13 700PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 360
Set FG as per track.

Porsche 918 Spyder '13 700PP-3.jpg

Porsche 918 Spyder '13 700PP-4.jpg

The proof in the pudding for this car

Porsche 918 Spyder '13 700PP WinShot.jpg

Last edited:
Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12 600PP

Sports Medium Tyres
Wide Body Kit
Sized up wheels (Wide)

A fun and exciting rotary car. A little slidey on the rear end at times but that makes it more enjoyable in my book.

Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12 600PP-1.jpg

Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12 600PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 300
Set FG as per image (can be adjusted)

Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12 600PP-3.jpg

Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12 600PP-4.jpg

McLaren MP4/4 '88 900PP

Racing Medium Tyres

A racing medium version which handles as well as the RH tune but tyre wear will be a lot worse when they give us some races for this amazing car. Easy to drive, safe on the power and fun to master.

McLaren MP4:4 '88 RS 900PP-1.jpg

McLaren MP4:4 '88 RS 900PP-2.jpg

McLaren MP4:4 '88 RS 900PP-3.jpg

Last edited:
I need to do a lot more grinding for this bad boy. I am working on some other cars. Have two days off work so will be trying to get them finished off.

Hope your good and all being well, I will have some lovely tunes out soon.
Doing great Shaun, TY!
My holidays start next week so... :D
Aston Martin Vulcan '16 800PP

Racing Medium Tyres

McLaren MP4/4 '88 895PP

Racing Hard Tyres

McLaren MP4/4 '18 900PP

Racing Medium Tyres
Oh boy... Definitely gonna try theses...

@shaunm80, have some reviews to post asap... 👍

BMW M3 '03 600PP

Sports soft tyres
Widebody Kit
1" larger wheels (Wide Rims)
Type A Rear Ring

A really smooth, consistent and easy to drive M3. perfect 50/50 balance with excellent brakes. Enjoy.

Yes... This is my own artwork. I like this particular shade of blue. Be kind..

View attachment 1132746
View attachment 1132747

Transmission Settings
Set TS to 300
Set rations as below
Final gear can be adjusted.

View attachment 1132748
View attachment 1132749
The most modern Bimmer test of the day and she did not disappoint. Very quick, nimble and really good on fuel, I suspect she can make 4 laps with a bit of lift & coast.

86E6DB9A-90A9-4FEA-8C8F-96BE2344914E.jpeg

Thats the five tunes that I have completed to my required standard. A lot more that are close but not quite there yet. Gonna spend more time tonight/tomorrow on them and see how many more I can complete.

Hope you enjoy these ones.

How are yiu finding tcs on the latest versions. Noticed some have alluded to it being better, as in not so intrusive.

View attachment 1190904

The new update has made this tune even better for the Sardegna money race. Really nice drive on this event and super duper fast car.

View attachment 1190905

A while ago some one asked for the rear graphics of the Yaris GR special edition car that came with the deluxe edition. For some reason it brought up the menu when i screen shot it but you can see all the graphics fairly well.
It was me man, Many Many thx sending u a donation from Manchester

Aston Martin Vulcan '16 800PP
I’m not sure if its my lack of experience with the car and that I forgot she’s really good ‘out-of-the-box‘ or if this tune just nailed it. Such an easy drive and I managed to get a 3rd lap at FM6 with some L&C, which was an improvement over what I had gotten out of her in the past and an easy 2 laps at 3. The LSD is absolutely perfect and the grip is incredible. I’m sure a better driver could break 4:10 without much effort. In summary, this car just made my favorites list in spite of her being somewhat ‘slow’.

4A6E0CED-F7C6-4369-91CD-D7917731F3A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12 600PP

Sports Medium Tyres
Wide Body Kit
Sized up wheels (Wide)

A fun and exciting rotary car. A little slidey on the rear end at times but that makes it more enjoyable in my book.

View attachment 1190914
View attachment 1190915

Transmission
Set TS to 300
Set FG as per image (can be adjusted)

View attachment 1190916
View attachment 1190917
I tried this with the swap engine from the 787 (for 700 pp), but the rear end is still quite unstable. Any changes to the LSD which might tame this a bit?

Last edited:
I tried this with the swap engine from the 787 (for 700 pp), but the rear end is still quite unstable. Any changes to the LSD which might tame this a bit?
Currently a work in a progress. It doesn’t work with the engine swap and those settings. Will publish that one when I have made it safe and fast.

Honda NSX Concept-GT '16 800PP

Racing Hrad Tyres
Good morning all!
Holidays day one under way... :D

@shaunm80, as stated my review on the Gr.2 "a bit forgotten" racecars... In this case the Honda...

Decided to do this one because I'm completing the Extra Menu...

• Circuit - Sardegna 800PP 15 laps
  • Changes from original tune - Anti-Lag OFF

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220909090159.jpg

1. The car is, for me of course, flawless in all terms!​
  2. Superb overall grip, rotation, balance and agility​
  3. Excellent gearbox, tuned to obtain max grip on corner exiting acceleration. Maybe just a small suggestion - increase a tiny bit 2nd gear value in order to squeeze a bit more low rev acceleration.​
  4. The anti-lag, for my driving style, is not needed at all, in low revs there is no oversteer at all... Well you'll experience oversteer if you exit a corner in 1st gear and accelerate like an idiot... :P.​
  5. Amazing fuel economy, on FM1 you get a minimum of 6 laps and with some management during race you can squeeze 2 more laps... Pretty neat ha?​

There are no major cons, maybe perhaps 2 observations:
  • FM6 on fuel economy nerfs radically the car performace, imo not advisable at all, in case needed do an extra pit.
  • It seems to me that some Gr.2 cars suffer from massive underpower, meaning, high PP points for low HP... In comparison to maybe the CLK-LM...
Overall, and excellent and fun car/tune, a blast in Sardegna!

TY Shaun!

Chat soon!:)

Last edited:
Hello everybody 😊

Incredible tune..incredible car....
Tokyo monster with all tuning parts and your tune @shaunm80 big thanks 🙏👍

If someone have a better one I'll give a try for sure 😜

Attachments

• IMG_20220909_202224.jpg
    IMG_20220909_202224.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20220909_202202.jpg