Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 935 comments
One question: i often see you guys discussing 550PP tunes including FM and Pit Stops. Without stating tracks. On which events do you guys use this tunes? Something wirth driving? Thanks?

One question: i often see you guys discussing 550PP tunes including FM and Pit Stops. Without stating tracks. On which events do you guys use this tunes? Something wirth driving? Thanks?
Normally we are talking about sardegna road at 800pp. Tokyo track also at 600pp. These two are the best money making races in the game I think. I normally do sardegna now a days but my go to when we had the tomahawk was to do the Tokyo race.

Hey there, would it be possible to have a tune for the Gr3 GR Supra at 780pp? Much appreciated
I’ll take a look in a couple of days. See what I can do.

Normally we are talking about sardegna road at 800pp. Tokyo track also at 600pp. These two are the best money making races in the game I think. I normally do sardegna now a days but my go to when we had the tomahawk was to do the Tokyo race.

Well, yeah, i know that part. That's why i am curiouse what it is about the 550 tunes with posting FM and pitstops but no line about what track/event. As if everybody knew what to do with 550 cars.

Well, yeah, i know that part. That's why i am curiouse what it is about the 550 tunes with posting FM and pitstops but no line about what track/event. As if everybody knew what to do with 550 cars.
Oh I see what you mean now. Some of the people who visit this thread will take a lower tune and add RH tyres and stuff to make it a higher PP for those grinding races. Normally the 700PP race around Le Mans. Im sure the others in the thread will let you know if it is any other track combo.

Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 800PP

Racing Medium Tyres

A high powered GT3 car. Extremely fast and safe.
Hello all!

@shaunm80, the review on the Porsche...

• Tested at Sardegna 800PP 15 laps
  • Changes made from original tune: NONE
Gran Turismo™ 7_20221106163419.jpg

So... Don't know if I can do a fair review, because this racecar has a special place in my heart, love this model of racing Porsche, I don't know, maybe its the lines and shapes of the car that makes it absolutely gorgeous to me... :D

I would love it in GT7 even if it is undrivable!!! :lol:

Ok, jokes aside, this car and tune are amazing almost perfect in every aspects, heck, form what I saw this one is a favourite/best cars to use in Daily races, right!?

On Sardegna it dominated the race, did a lightning fast lap of 1:35 (well, by my standards it is!) and has loads of power on FM1 or FM6, tons of grip, superior cornering capability and some more... It left all the other opponents eating dust!!!

Oh, and speaking of dust, the old girl needs a very good wash after a hard race... ;)

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221106163500.jpg

TY Shaun and chat soon! 👍

Hello all!

@shaunm80, the review on the Porsche...

• Tested at Sardegna 800PP 15 laps
  • Changes made from original tune: NONE

So... Don't know if I can do a fair review, because this racecar has a special place in my heart, love this model of racing Porsche, I don't know, maybe its the lines and shapes of the car that makes it absolutely gorgeous to me... :D

I would love it in GT7 even if it is undrivable!!! :lol:

Ok, jokes aside, this car and tune are amazing almost perfect in every aspects, heck, form what I saw this one is a favourite/best cars to use in Daily races, right!?

On Sardegna it dominated the race, did a lightning fast lap of 1:35 (well, by my standards it is!) and has loads of power on FM1 or FM6, tons of grip, superior cornering capability and some more... It left all the other opponents eating dust!!!

Oh, and speaking of dust, the old girl needs a very good wash after a hard race... ;)

View attachment 1207601

TY Shaun and chat soon! 👍
Hey. I had not tested this car on the sardegna race but I was tempted to do so after reading this. I took this out, ran it at FM6 and it needed a very quick pit stop at the end as I didn't have enough fuel for a one stop race.

It definately is as fast in terms of lap time as some of the other cars that dominate around the track though. Handling wise it is awesome and on RM tyres, you won't have much tread left at the end of a stint but you'll have so much fun burning that tread away. A great Gr.3 car that can keep up with the ultra fast Gr.2 cars.

Hey. I had not tested this car on the sardegna race but I was tempted to do so after reading this. I took this out, ran it at FM6 and it needed a very quick pit stop at the end as I didn't have enough fuel for a one stop race.

It definately is as fast in terms of lap time as some of the other cars that dominate around the track though. Handling wise it is awesome and on RM tyres, you won't have much tread left at the end of a stint but you'll have so much fun burning that tread away. A great Gr.3 car that can keep up with the ultra fast Gr.2 cars.
How many laps did you managed to squeeze of those RM? I was able to do 7 laps before the right back tyre was dead... :)

How many laps did you managed to squeeze of those RM? I was able to do 7 laps before the right back tyre was dead... :)
Same. End of lap 7 I had to pit for both Fuel and Tyres. I used all my rears and had about 10% left on the front tyres. Also pit end of lap 13 as fuel was less than 1 lap left. It is pretty economical but I cannot make this thing go to a one stop using automatic transmission.

Porsche 911 Carrera RS CS (993) '95
It's good that we are talking about Porsche because today I had the opportunity to test this one and what can I say...
How brilliant this preparation is, perfectly balanced, it pushes well and brakes well. 😍
Even during excessive optimism on the Nordschleife, it remains easy to catch up.
In my eyes, one of the best 600pp!
The various updates have had no effect on it and that's good, a bit like a good wine 🍷 that ages well over time so I want to say congratulations Shaun 👏and cheers 🥂😁

Last edited:
Chevrolet C7 Gr.3 (800PP)

Racing Medium Tyres
@shaunm80,

Doing test and practice sessions on this "beast" before doing the race... This thing is insane!! It has torque for days...

1:36 on practice lap (with a few minor mistakes) is pretty darn good... :P

Gran Turismo™ 7_20221127184204.jpg

Will leave feedback next weekend... 👍

Last edited:
It's good that we are talking about Porsche because today I had the opportunity to test this one and what can I say...
How brilliant this preparation is, perfectly balanced, it pushes well and brakes well. 😍
Even during excessive optimism on the Nordschleife, it remains easy to catch up.
In my eyes, one of the best 600pp!
The various updates have had no effect on it and that's good, a bit like a good wine 🍷 that ages well over time so I want to say congratulations Shaun 👏and cheers 🥂😁
These porsche's do have a really nice balance to them. Glad you enjoyed this great car.
Mannnnnn, I can taste that 4:00 and 8th lap, I’m getting so close now. Brilliant tune good sir!

I am a great fan of Ferraris. The F430 still looks great too. Great time set too on this track.
New best lap for me, rain kept me out of the overall running.

What a car. I adore this thing. That old school shape really makes this car stand out.
@shaunm80,

Doing test and practice sessions on this "beast" before doing the race... This thing is insane!! It has torque for days...

1:36 on practice lap (with a few minor mistakes) is pretty darn good... :P

Will leave feedback next weekend... 👍
Sounds like you had a blast with this car. Looking forward to the review.

I now have two new cars ready now. Working on more and will hopefully have lots ready for next week. I have a week off work so plenty of time to hopefully finish off those half done tunes.

McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95 800PP

Racing Hard Tyres

Yeah.. this is not cheap but it awesome and it is definitely worth selling a kidney or two should you get the chance! (please don't sell a kidney in real life... I won't be held responsible for those sorts of actions!)

Okay, being serious now, this car is sooo good. Tested it on a race that I had yet win and it make it ridiculously easy to do so. I felt like I was cheating a little. You'll find this car towards the top of its class any day of the week. For those who brought this a week or so ago, well done good people! I salute you and your ingenuousness.

View attachment 1153587
View attachment 1153588

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set gear ratios as per image
Set FG as per image

View attachment 1153589
View attachment 1153590

Race Strategy - Barcelona
FM1 for half a lap
FM4 until you pit for fuel on lap 6
FM4 until the end. If you need to fuel save, go to FM6 in the mid field mickey mouse corners and you can really eek out that fuel consumption.

View attachment 1153591
I picked this up today and ran your tune. Excellent! Thanks.

Hey Shaun, it's been a while since you've posted so hope you're doing well 👍.

I was desperate to find a use for the BMW Z8 that was gathering dust in my garage 🙄.
I could have made do with other available settings, but above all I didn't want to break the line of the car with an ugly spoiler 😱.
So, I went to dig into your creations to develop this one 😁.

If you allow me, here is what it gives:

Stock body
Stock front, side, rear and no wings

IMG_20221130_113704_edit_5649712197575.jpg

IMG_20221130_113722_edit_5622917811641.jpg

If you mind, let me know and I'll take it down 👍.

Last edited:
I picked this up today and ran your tune. Excellent! Thanks.
Oh yes, did you sell a kidney for it or was you rich enough from recent events to buy this beauty without selling body parts?
You have been raiding the classics recently. Glad to see this. :)
Hey Shaun, it's been a while since you've posted so hope you're doing well 👍.

I was desperate to find a use for the BMW Z8 that was gathering dust in my garage 🙄.
I could have made do with other available settings, but above all I didn't want to break the line of the car with an ugly spoiler 😱.
So, I went to dig into your creations to develop this one 😁.

If you allow me, here is what it gives:

Stock body
Stock front, side, rear and no wings

View attachment 1212021

View attachment 1212022

If you mind, let me know and I'll take it down 👍.
Hey, I don't mind you posting your tunes or variation of tunes on this thread. It is a place to share tips and helpful tunes for others so go ahead. I have been struggling with this car for quite some time, every time I revisit the tune I can't seem to make it drive quite right. I will give your settings a go though and see what you've made for sure.
FWIW, demonchilde did a tune for this car that I really liked, he does have some aero on it though (I agree, it ruins the gorgeous lines of the car). I’m going to start my day with your tune I think…
There is name I recognise from the good old GT6 days! he was a good tuner back then so I'm sure he's made a good job of this one too.

I know that i've been slower than normal with my tunes. Life, Work and every day life stresses are not helping me get into my most fruitful form for creating great tunes. As you all know, I only ever publish a tune I would happy drive till the cows come home and when it isn't there, it won't get published. Next week I am off on annual leave so I will be spending some quality time on this game and getting some great cars out for you all.

Last edited:
You have been raiding the classics recently. Glad to see this. :)

There is name I recognise from the good old GT6 days! he was a good tuner back then so I'm sure he's made a good job of this one too.
I just happen to be on the Ferrari’s right now (when I’m not interrupted by new tunes from cars I’ve already tested…which there seem to be a glut of right now, lol). I need a handful of F40/50’s to get through everyones’ tunes, so I’m stacking up credits and patiently biding my time until they appear again. Also, I typically save yours and Praiano’s for last as they tend to be the easiest drives.

demonchilde has some really nice tunes, but I haven’t seen any recent activity from him. They all seem to have held up well in spite of all the changes since he put them together. Hopefully, he returns soon!

Last edited:
Chevrolet C7 Gr.3 (800PP)

Racing Medium Tyres
Afternoon all! :)

@shaunm80, as stated previously the review on the C7...

• Tested on Sardegna 800PP 15 laps
  • Changes from original tune: NONE
Gran Turismo™ 7_20221201155418.jpg

Had this car sitting on my garage and was a bit skeptical about it, however decided to try and I'm glad I did it!!
This car is a beast, in every aspect of the word, but a civilized one... The surprise while driving this car was huge, how can a torque and power beast like this one can be so gentle on low gears?

The main aspects of the tune:
  1. Lots and lots of power and torque avaliable on every fuel economy range (FM6 to FM1)​
  2. Superior grip and cornering ability​
  3. Gearbox is so raw and fast, makes it all that power avaliable instantly​
  4. On low gears (1st / 2nd) the car is very controlled and "civilized", this was the main surprise for me..​
Overall an excellent and performant car on 800 category...

Thank you Shaun for a great tune! 👍

Last edited:
Okay people. I have been on it like an Essex girl on a car bonnet and found some tuning mojo. I have more than enough tunes to get going with and will be publishing this week. Some beauties in there plus one I think @cbarbosa will definitely appreciate for his money maker race. Did someone whisper p1 gtr? :)

Okay people. I have been on it like an Essex girl on a car bonnet and found some tuning mojo. I have more than enough tunes to get going with and will be publishing this week. Some beauties in there plus one I think @cbarbosa will definitely appreciate for his money maker race. Did someone whisper p1 gtr? :)
Uuhhh... :drool:

Afternoon all! :)

@shaunm80, as stated previously the review on the C7...

• Tested on Sardegna 800PP 15 laps
  • Changes from original tune: NONE
Had this car sitting on my garage and was a bit skeptical about it, however decided to try and I'm glad I did it!!
This car is a beast, in every aspect of the word, but a civilized one... The surprise while driving this car was huge, how can a torque and power beast like this one can be so gentle on low gears?

The mais aspects of the tune:

1. Lots and lots of power and torque avaliable on every fuel economy range (FM6 to FM1)​
  2. Superior grip and cornering ability​
  3. Gearbox is so raw and fast, makes it all that power avaliable instantly​
  4. On low gears (1st / 2nd) the car is very controlled and "civilized", this was the main surprise for me..​
Overall an excellent and performant car on 800 category...

Thank you Shaun for a great tune! 👍
Most high torque cars are a little unstable during the first couple of gears during hard acceleration. For this reason, getting that part of those cars spot on essential to balance out the whole package. Glad you enjoyed this one.
Indeed! The P1 GTR isn't even the fastest car I'm going to be giving you. there is a rocket ship in there on Sardegna too.

Back