Expression of interest in a (modified) Touge Event.

• Thread starter 888 Tuning
  • 47 comments
ll__VENOM__ll
Hey Guys,

If I get enough people interested in this I'll be happy to run this event over a week and hopefully crown a Touge King at the end of it.

Explained here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touge) the format would be Cat and Mouse with the only alteration being that Overtaking is not permitted. (too easy and tempting to go for the "up the inside late brake")
The goal is to finish within a specified gap of the lead car... Possibly 1/2 to 1 second or is 1 second too generous?
A loss for either car if they spin off or if there is significant contact.

The event will be an elimination tournament with each pair running 2 races, the winner moves to the next round.

Pool 1
timeattack07gt \
.............. ......... ---- Winner Pool1
chadwicksracing /

Pool 2
Mines_GTR \
.............. ---- Winner Pool 2
Div is back /

Pool 3
Baldurkn \
.............. ---- Winner Pool 3
Nd4holdenspd /

Pool 4
gtp_stigs_mate \
...............---- Winner Pool 4
Racer H /

Semi Finals
Winner Pool 1\
....................---- Winner Semifinal A
Winner Pool 2/

Winner Pool 3 \
....................-----Winner Semifinal B
Winner Pool 4 /

Final
Winner Semifinal A \
......................... > GTP Touge King
Winner Semifinal B /

Given race start position can Vary the two cars will need to "pair up" as soon as possible after the race starts...This doesnt mean come to a dead stop, just slow up and for a few seconds. As soon as your rear view mirror is full of the chase car, you go !! This hopefully should also eliminate the danger of most of the other traffic... and also allows a spectator vehicle :)

Once I have names I will populate the table. Each person can then organise race time with their pair via PM and who will be lead for first race and post the results here. As with all the racing here there is a degree of honour expected from all racers.

Track to be confirmed but I dont think it will be Daytona Oval :) .. I'm also willing to use the Intermediate events/tracks unless everyone is against this..

.. so .. any takers? or any suggestions.

If we can get through a few of these events then I would have a champions champion event with the Touge Kings battle it out.

Regs,

Last edited:
I am going to assume this will be PAL event? I am interested if the start time is doing for my U.S. time schedule.

I am going to assume this will be PAL event? I am interested if the start time is doing for my U.S. time schedule.

A couple of options here:
- We can run this in the International/Global races if we get a mix of people
- Im happy to run two different Tourneys ..both NTSC and PAL, or even Regional ones so all racers are in the same timezone (Apac - Emea - Amer)
- Race times are up to you to organise with whomever you are racing via PM.
... if its really impossible for you to find a suitable time with the person your racing against, then we can try to rematch you.

You don't have to do two tournaments for me, I can run in a PAL race :)

If you have it in an international event, such as Fuji, I will not race in it. This update with PP750 at Fuji has produced some of the worst racing since Suzuka PP700. Just keep in mind, these are my opinions. Don't let it stop you from runing the race at Fuji.

I am flexable, I can race anyone nearly anytime in the evening or on the weekend for sure.

I believe you should hold a pole for the track :)

You don't have to do two tournaments for me, I can run in a PAL race :)

If you have it in an international event, such as Fuji, I will not race in it. This update with PP750 at Fuji has produced some of the worst racing since Suzuka PP700. Just keep in mind, these are my opinions. Don't let it stop you from runing the race at Fuji.

I am flexable, I can race anyone nearly anytime in the evening or on the weekend for sure.

I believe you should hold a pole for the track :)

The good thing about this format of racing is you are not competing for the outright lead.. you have a few seconds to let the carnage clear out then start.. its all up to the Lead Racer... I will put you down as a half/maybe then incase it ends up as Fuji.
Realistically we only have 3 tracks worth racing this on at the moment, Fuji, Suzuka and HSR (I may be wrong as Im not near my PS3 at the moment).. Its safe to say the race will be on one of these...

So guys... cast your vote !!
750PP Fuji Pro
HSR 800 Int or HSR GTRvF430vZ06 Pro.. both would work.
Suzuka (is this 700PP Int ??)

How about not following the lead car but a 3rd driver as a "pace car" :) then the mayhem could go it's way.. just give them 15sec. lead start. You'll still see the times from the result board. Just be quick with the cam.. lol. :)

How about not following the lead car but a 3rd driver as a "pace car" :) then the mayhem could go it's way.. just give them 15sec. lead start. You'll still see the times from the result board. Just be quick with the cam.. lol. :)

Nah..don't make it complicated man. It's perfect the way Original Touge is.

I won't. ..just an idea.

Hi Mate,

By "Lead Car" I am not referring to the car that may be leading the race if thats what you were meaning ?

Take the first race for example... if we have timeattack07gt v chadwicksracing in the first race timeattack07gt is the lead car and chadwicksracingmust keep up and finish within 1 second of him.. then in the second race its reversed with chadwicksracing taking the lead.

This will allow the two drivers to slow up at the start of the race, form up and then go for it... this will let the carnage up front move away slightly as well.. was this what you had in mind ?

Last edited:
I would feel uncomfortable calling it touge unless we got an Eiger race. When Eiger comes I'll race.

I would feel uncomfortable calling it touge unless we got an Eiger race. When Eiger comes I'll race.

Really ? I love Eiger and if Im not online Im normally lapping that track. It would make a perfect Touge event.. but thats not to say we shouldnt run it on a "less than perfect" track. (Except Daytona Oval)
Its just a race :)

Eiger with 4 Cars would be nice though..

It sounds challenging ! I would prefer pro phsyics.

My VOTE IS HSR EXPERT version!

Sounds like lots of fun. I'm in for NSTC!

I'd suggest having a 3rd car following, like a cam car, one that can easily keep up, to make sure there aren't any trespassing of the rules. This would suggest that we also run lower PP touge vehicles.

Last edited:
Like RX-7 vs. 350z ..Something like that?

And when does it start?

Like RX-7 vs. 350z ..Something like that?

And when does it start?

cool!
i just tuned both cars up and ran at fuji. the 350 maxes at 649pp. when the rx7 is tuned to same limit i ran identical laps. only prob is in the 750pp pro phys fuji race you will likely run out of time before you finish. i will leave car choice to the individuals but both racers need to have same or close pp.

OK, count me in. I have almost figured out how to set up my new wheel too. (Making a small table type thing to put the wheel on, going to wreckers to get a car chair and make box for it to sit on. Might take a couple of weeks). Until then, I guess I'll use the controller still, and get owned.:P

OK, count me in. I have almost figured out how to set up my new wheel too. (Making a small table type thing to put the wheel on, going to wreckers to get a car chair and make box for it to sit on. Might take a couple of weeks). Until then, I guess I'll use the controller still, and get owned.:P

thats more like it!!

thats more like it!!

Just one thing I thought of, assuming we make the final straight, won't we all finish within 0.1sec of each other? Just slipstream up and sit behind them over the line.
Also, is the nose of our car allowed to pull in front of the tail of our opponent?

Just one thing I thought of, assuming we make the final straight, won't we all finish within 0.1sec of each other? Just slipstream up and sit behind them over the line.
Also, is the nose of our car allowed to pull in front of the tail of our opponent?

nose past their tail i would discourage except for ifits unintentional. to easy for contact to occur .
slipstreaming cant be helped so my suggestion is lets run this race and let you all say whether its worthwhile or not. its an untried format so you get to be pioneers.

so track choice....shoud it be the same for every race? i dont think it matters but im happy to make a call on this if needed
if you and your opponent agree then it doesnt matter what track you choose just post the race details here

If theres a spot open count me in.
EDIT:
If it is this week I wont make it, im leaving for the week.

Last edited:
One thing...

Is it going to be a whole lap Touge? Or a sector of it , just like in Best Motoring and what not..
Like a car can be at the end of sector 2 to see the gap and not leave it to the drivers, while the race starts at the end of sector one. Or the end of sector 2 all the to the finish line.

Because doing a whole lap isn't really togue. Just an idea. I hope it's not that confusing.

I solved the where-to-put-the-car-chair issue by using zipties (those adjustable plastic thingies) to attach my 1991 Chevy Blazer bucket seat to an old wooden kitchen chair. It's stable and at the correct height for my knees and wheel, and the back is upright so I get support. It was easier (and quicker) than building a box, you might want to give it a try.

Sounds like a fun event, BTW, wish I had time.

I solved the where-to-put-the-car-chair issue by using zipties (those adjustable plastic thingies) to attach my 1991 Chevy Blazer bucket seat to an old wooden kitchen chair. It's stable and at the correct height for my knees and wheel, and the back is upright so I get support. It was easier (and quicker) than building a box, you might want to give it a try.

Sounds like a fun event, BTW, wish I had time.

I don't think we have chairs to rip apart, not at the height I want especially. Got a seat from a VN Commodore at the wreckers today, cleaned it up.($40 :crazy:). We got some wood to use so that's what I'll do, already done some measurements. Besides, I can only imagine how satisfying it will be knowing I made it myself.:sly:

One thing...

Is it going to be a whole lap Touge? Or a sector of it , just like in Best Motoring and what not..
Like a car can be at the end of sector 2 to see the gap and not leave it to the drivers, while the race starts at the end of sector one. Or the end of sector 2 all the to the finish line.

Because doing a whole lap isn't really togue. Just an idea. I hope it's not that confusing.
not confusing but adds way too much complexity fot what should be a simple race between two people . lets work with what we have and keep it simple. first race fuji 750pp your choice of cars. you can start now and let me know the outcome

Outcome was... Actually pretty fun. GTP_DTWmtero, GTP_Pariah and I where doing this last night and it was fun. We were doing this with RX-7's

Back