Extreme and Special Conditions Events

• Thread starter daan
  • 227 comments
I used it for GVS, Motegi Road Circuit & Suzuka, used Chaparral for New York and the C60 for everything else. Am now repeating as a championship using the C60 7 & a stage 4 turbo.:) Motegi was the hardest with the FGT, I could only get tires to last for 6 laps against the AI's 8 laps but the setup for the car allowed for some very fast laps and was no bother in the end.

Last edited:
I used it for GVS, Motegi Road Circuit & Suzuka, used Chaparral for New York and the C60 for everything else. Am now repeating as a championship using the C60 7 & a stage 4 turbo.:) Motegi was the hardest with the FGT, I could only get tires to last for 6 laps against the AI's 8 laps but the setup for the car allowed for some very fast laps and was no bother in the end.

Thanks for the info Nemesis01:tup:

I am currently working on Motegi Road in my Formula GT. My competition seems to be able to get 9 laps on their tires in the FGT. So I need to make my tires last either 7 or 8 laps to have a chance.

So far I have been able to earn 181 points. I will give it another try shortly once I finish some more laps at Seoul in the SuperGT.

Update:
Formula GT World Championship - Motegi Road for 200 A-spec points

Using my Blue Formula GT I have been able to take the full 200 points on offer at Motegi Road! The first stint (laps 1 to 7) are tough with a full fuel load, but after that I was able to run quite comfortably. I pit every 7 laps except for one stint of 8 laps. The AI pits every 9 laps. My final margin of victory was about 33 seconds, and my best lap was a 1.31.772 (I could go faster but there was no need, so I played it safe to stay on the track). I used the following setup:
Brakes: 10/11
Springs: 13.5/13.5
Ride height: 51/51
Bound: 3/3
Rebound: 5/5
Camber: 1.9/0.9
Toe: 0/0
Auto slider: 12
Aids: 1/1/7
Wing: 50/81
Ltd Slip: 10/35/12
Ballast: 193
Balance: -3 (to the front)

By the end, I was getting quite comfortable on Motegi Road (a track I don't like). I ran four full races before my 200 point attempt. I ran and won at 156 pts, 170 pts, 181 pts and 190 pts as practice first (adding ballast and reducing the downforce as I went).

Happy A-spec hunting

GTsail290

Last edited:
Formula Gran Turismo

I am really close to finishing this series for 200 points each race. Even though the information given by Car-less at the second page was very helpful, I also became confused with the difference of stints reported on his races. Only now I got to read the whole thread to discover that there is a difference between PAL and NTSC versions.

Tire consumption turned out to be an issue in some races with the Formula Polyphony. Whenever that happened, I immediately changed to the stock Audi R8. Besides allowing me to pit later than the other Formulas, it also gave me the choice to change from R1's on the first stint to R2's from then on. If you are having similar problems, I strongly suggest you to try the R8.

Tokyo, Super Speedway and Grand valley are yet to be done, but all the others were quite easy. I raced with the Formula seven times and with the R8 in five occasions, as follows: The Ring, La Sarthe, El Capitan, Laguna Seca and High Speed Ring*

*This one was done with the Audi just to save time with the pits. It is an easy race with any choice you make.

It's been a while since I did those races, but I'm fairly certain you can start with R2's on the Audi and still get 200 points.
Your tires will still last longer than the AI's (PAL-version), and you'll be just as fast, if not faster.
I've played through the series twice, first in the FGT then in the Audi R8. For max points, it's not even close in my view, it is much easier in the Audi.

Formula GT World Championship - Suzuka for 200 A-spec points

Yesterday, using my red Formula GT I was able to garner the full 200 points at mighty Suzuka!

After all my recent practice on Suzuka in the current race series, I decided to tackle Suzuka for the missing points in GT Mode. I pit on laps 6,12,19,26,33,40, and 47, while the AI pits every 8 laps. I really only have a few altercations with the other AI. I find that the first place FGT always seems to run away from the other FGT's, so twice I carefully nudge this FGT off the track so the other FGT have a chance to catch up (I'm just trying to be considerate of the other FGT's).:sly: When I pit on lap 33, I have built up a 31.5 second lead, so I am in great shape since I have now made up the stagger (the AI pits one less time than I). From then on, I just cruise to victory, being careful to stay out of the sand-traps.:nervous: My best lap was a 1.38.873.
I used the following settings:
Brakes: 11/13
Springs: 13.3/13.3
Ride height: 52/52
Bound: 3/3
Rebound: 5/5
Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: 1/0
Auto slider: 13
Aids: 1/1/5
Wing: 52/80
Ltd slip: 12/35/12
Ballast: 195

I was quite comfortable on the track during the 200 point run because I had run and won practice races first at 164 points, 180 pts and 190 pts. This was my penultimate FGT race. I only have Nurburgring left to do for the full 200 points (my current point total there is 172).

Happy A-spec point hunting!

GTsail290

Congrats on that, I recently put this championship to bed and I didn't have too much bother with it apart from having to do all the races twice. Obviously the PAL version is slightly easier as the AI pit earlier than on NTSC version. Nurburgring is a very easy win with the C60, even on the NTSC version the AI only last 2 laps whereas the C60 can do 4 laps.

Congrats on that, I recently put this championship to bed and I didn't have too much bother with it apart from having to do all the races twice. Obviously the PAL version is slightly easier as the AI pit earlier than on NTSC version. Nurburgring is a very easy win with the C60, even on the NTSC version the AI only last 2 laps whereas the C60 can do 4 laps.

Thanks Nemesis01 -
I have been enjoying the challenge of knocking them off one by one. Though for me, it is a challenge:grumpy:

My best point score at Nurburgring (the 172 pts) was in a FGT. I have been considering a Audi R8 or either of the Pescarolo's to get those last few points. Can I ask what suspension settings did you use for your Pescarolo run at Nurburgring in the C60?

Respectfully,
GTsail290

The Dodge Ram pretty much owns the Special Conditions hall. I've 200-pointed everything in the hall except Grand Canyon Hard, Tsukuba Hard, Citta di Aria Hard and George V Hard using the Dodge Ram. Others have won Grand Canyon with it though (I haven't managed to win that with anything at all yet), and I believe someone won Citta di Aria with it, too.

I've started a new GT4 game with the intent of just doing max A-spec point races, and this morning I finished off the entire Special Conditions Hall, all 63 races done with the Dodge Ram. So yeah, it can win all of those above. Citta di Aria Hard Reverse is a little challenging. Both directions of Grand Canyon Hard were fairly close -- I made sure that I was up against the Evo Rally car, it seems to be the easiest to beat. At George V Hard, opponent selection helps a lot -- you don't want to run against the Peugeot rally car. And Tsukuba Wet Hard, just max the truck out, run Super Softs, and get in front of the race car and stay there; I beat the Audi R8 LMP car by probably about 3 seconds maybe...

Extreme Hall: Formula GT World Championship- all races except Super Speedway

Car: '04 Polyphony Formula GT with the following setup for 200 A-spec pts. :

Downforce: 45/63 (minimum)
Ballast: 142 @ 0
Brakes: 6/6
Springs: 16.0/16.0 (15.0/15.0 for Le Sarthe and Infineon, 10.0/10.0 for Nurburgring and El Capitan)
Shocks: 4/7, 4/7 (3/5, 3/5 for Nurburgring and El Capitan)
Ride Height: 55/55 (65/65 for Nurburgring and El Capitan)
Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: 0/-1
Stabilizers: 6/6
Transmission: between 13-19 depending on course
LSD: 20/45/30

Sorry I don't have more notes on this run through the F1 Championship, but I didn't think to take notes until after I had already completed it. :dunce: For some reason this series was strangely easy for me to complete for 200 A-spec pts. :confused: Given from what I had read on here, I thought I would have a very tough time with the AI. Even with the extra pitstops I had to make due to increased tire wear, I still had a very comfortable margin of victory at each track, including Super Speedway, where I had to use the Audi R8 as this setup wasn't good enough for that particular race.

For: Extreme Events / Dream Car Chamionship / All Races (as a championship)

For Pal System;

Used Honda AMUSE S2000 R1 ’04 oil change (1234 mile)
N1-R1-R2
nitrous
Racing Exhaust
Chip
Turbo Stage 3
fc trans., triple-plate clutch, racing flywheel
TCS, & ASM front & rear @ 0
showing 444 hp @ parts change/settings menu

Lineup #12 (PAL)

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car ‘02
Subaru IMPREZA Super Touring Car ‘01
Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car ‘01
Toyota RSC Raly Raid Car ‘02
Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car ‘97

AMUSE S2000 R1 ‘04 (Me)

Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car ’01 and Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car ’02 are a rival.

1.Opera Paris

Semi-racing exhaust
Stage 3 Turbo
R1 front, & R2 rear
nitrous @ 10
ballast @ 30
final gear- 7
showing 419 hp @ parts change/settings menu
This race is easy

2.Tokyo

Same setup
final gear- 12
This race is normal
Used some pretty dirty tactics

3.Deep Forrest

Same setup
final gear- 10
This race is easy

4.Seul

Same setup
final gear- 11
This race is easy

5.Hongkong

Same setup
final gear- 7
This race is easy

6.Test Course

Racing exhaust
Chip
Stage 3 Turbo
N1 front, & rear
nitrous @ 10
ballast @ 30
final gear- 18
showing 444 hp @ parts change/settings menu
This race is easy

7.Beginner Course

Same setup with Opera Paris
This race is easy

8.De La Sarthe II

Same setup
final gear- 16
This race is normal
Used some pretty dirty tactics

9.El Capitan

Same setup
final gear- 10
This race is easy

10.Cote D Azur

Same setup
final gear- 7
This race is easy

Have left my PAL version for the time being, started a new NTSC game and in my attempts to avoid using the RAM for certain races have come up with this.

George V Rally (Hard) Normal & Reverse 400Pts

Car: Hyundai HCD6 '01 (219BHP)

(Normal Track) Opposition: Renault 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car '85
Mods: NOS, R5, All non power mods, Aids @ 0, 0, 1

Quite an easy race, got the lead early on in the 1st lap and never lost it again, he caught me a bit on the couple of straights in the race but MOV was over 4sec.
#############
(Reverse Track) Opposition: Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Evo2 Rally Car '86
Mods: NOS, R5, All non power mods, Aids @ 0, 0, 1

Far more difficult (although 6.5 MOV suggests otherwise), had to use NOS on 1st lap to catch the little bugger, finally caught up going round the roundabout at end of 1st lap, kept it front through my cornering speed up until the roundabout where the Peugeot loses quite a lot of time drifting out wide.

Nice couple of fun races, both clean victories aswell. I suspect a good tuner can get a lot more out of this car, I just ran it mostly stock in regards to suspension & transmission.

#############

Umbria Rally (Hard) Normal & Reverse 400pts

Same car as before.
(Normal Track) Opposition: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Rally Car '03

Had to change the car setup for this one, was forced onto R4 tires and had to add 18 ballast weight to make 200pts, changed auto tranny to 7, MOV 2.2sec.
#############

(Reverse Track) Opposition: Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03

Didn't bother trying to change the setup, raced with what it was previously. Very easy race once in front, MOV 7.3sec.

Next up is the Capri rally with the same car, will edit post later with results from that.
#############

Capri Rally (Hard) Normal & Reverse 400pts

Car: Same as above
(Normal Track) Opposition: Subaru Impreze Rally Car '03

Since it was same car as last race, left settings in from before. Decided to have some fun on this race, used a whole tank of NOS, MOV 26sec.:)
##############

(Reverse Track) Opposition: Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03

Again, same setup and same opposition as he seems to be easy pickings for the mighty Hyundai, did a console reset to get him back as my opposition. Alas, even though I again won it was only by 7.9sec, not 26sec as in previous race.

Still, very nice set of fairly easy races for 1200pts total.👍

Last edited:
Another possible car to sweep the Dream Car Championship at 200 pts per race. This one was mentioned back in the big thread in 2005, but short on specifics.

I used the ASL ARTA Garaiya against NTSC lineup #23 (pretty sure it's 23).

Didn't record the actual order that the opponents are listed, but it's:

Pagani Zonda LM Race Car '01
Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car '01
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II '04
Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car '02
Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01

Ran the Stage 4 turbo. Had R1, R2, and R3 tires, and used all three during the championship. New oil, and changed oil once during the championship. Had nitrous, rarely needed it.

Most of the time, the primary car setup was R3 tires, downforce of 22F / 34R, and ballast of 122.

On some of the tighter tracks like Opera, Hong Kong, Beginner Course, and Cote d'Azur, you probably want to run R2 tires on at least the rear axle, and probably both axles at Beginner Course. This of course allows you to run more downforce or less ballast.

At Test Course, go to R1 tires and minimal downforce of course. Ballast doesn't matter, I didn't even bother trying to figure out how low the ballast could go and still keep 200 points. (I ran 50 ballast just to be sure that I was still at 200 points, but I'm sure I could have won at 200 ballast.) You'll want to draft the fastest car out there (probably the Ford) for most of the race, then pass him just before the finish line. (Trivial with nitrous, slightly more challenging without.)

Transmission final gear ratio adjusted at every track.

None of the races were particularly difficult. Beginner Course and La Sarthe were probably the only ones which really felt possible to lose, and there are major grass-cutting shortcuts available on both of those to use if you feel the need. ;)

I noticed that some folks had trouble with getting the 787B to work for the FGT Grand Valley race, or to make their tires last long enough with the FGT car...

I think I've found the magic formula to take this race easily in the 787B. The 787B really wants R3 tires on the front on this track; for some reason, I found it so much easier to lap this track fast on R3/R2 tires then I did on R2/R1 tires.

So the strategy is: 787B with old oil and Stage 4 turbo, full downforce, no ballast. ASM/TCS at 10/10/5 for stability and tire life. Start on R2/R2 tires. Run 6 laps then pit. Swap R3 tires onto the front, and run the rest of the 62 lap race doing 7 lap stints on R3/R2.

For the NTSC game, the opponent cars should be pitting every 8 laps, so they'll be making 7 stops. You'll be making 8, and the extra pit stop costs you about 30 seconds, so you'll need to outpace the opponent cars on your hot laps by about 1/2 second per lap to win. Fortunately, that's not too difficult; the opponent cars run no better than about 1'33.5 at their fastest, and I can hit 1'32.5 on the R3/R2 tire combo.

Umbria Rally hard

After finishing all the other special condition races for 200 points I had some problems with the Umbria Rally hard in both directions. Happily I noticed that there is a setup from Dotini for this event. Thank you for that Dotini.

http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/setup-view/s_sid::7102/Suzuki-GSX-R-4/

The setup worked fine for me in the normal direction, but I had problems in the reverse direction. The speed of the Renault 5 is very high and so I made too many mistakes to win after 5 rounds. Some other tactics had to be found. I decided to run against a different competition, the Mitsubishi Rally Car. I lowered the hp and won for 147 and for 174 points. That was a good start. Than I had to change the competition again, because the Mitsubishi wouldn´t offer me 200 points. I run for 200 against the stronger Subaru Impreza Rally Car. But I had to change Dotini´s setup in the following way:

HP 182
R3/R5
downforce 0/10 for a more stable tail
Nos set to 40

This way finally I got my last 200 points in the special conditions. MOV was 10.xxx sec despite 2 or 3 pealties.

Last edited:
Extreme Events NR at GT All Stars and Real Circuit Tours

This two races I didn´t complete for maximum points so far. In the end, after some research, they both turned out to be really easy. I used for both races my worn out black Mazda 787 with 725 hp, R2/R2 with full downforce (63/88). For both races it´s just the question of picking the right lineup.

GT All Stars: I avoided cars like the Toyota 7, Mazda 787, Audi R8 or the Playstation Pescarolo because they are able to go two very fast laps and are not affected by tire wear. I found my perfect lineup for the PAL version at about #60 (stopped counting after a while) consisting of the following competitors: Minolta Toyota, Nissan R92, Nissan R89, Nissan R390 and one of the BMW´s. This lineup guarantees high points and that all the others will have a lot of trouble with their worn out tires in the second lap. I trailed with 10 seconds after the 1 lap and won with about 20 seconds.

Real Circuit Tours: I tried to find a lineup, where either everybody else pits or everybody else doesn´t pit. If nobody pits, that means to avoid also here the above mentioned cars. Aftre finding out in B-Spec who pits and who doesn´t, I tried to find my lineup. I ran against PAL lineup #7 with the Minolta, Nissan R92, Sauber C9, Camaro and I think the Nissan R89. All the competition pits and I was able to run on R2´s with full downforce and only 104 ballast. After the first lap I was already in the lead with the R 92 right behind me. After that, with everybody else pitting, it was just bringing it home safe.

OK guys, I did a "Search" & couldn't find this one listed but feel free to delete if I've duplicated it. In updating my OLD Thread "Prize Car Winners???" not only did I find a couple of races I missed 4+ years ago but one of them was good for 200 Points! "Like The Wind" with the VOLKSWAGEN Nardo W12 Concept '01 w/only an Oil Change & minor adjustment. I took out all the down force & hit the button versus the first line-up (NTSC) that presented itself. Fell behind about 10 seconds by Lap #4 but then the big NISSAN pitted in, I "Slingshotted" the #2 & #3 cars & held on for nearly a 2 second WIN. Looks like it takes about a 8'40 time to beat these guys...O.G.
old.gif

Good to see you here again O.G. after a long period of absence.... but what happened to all the smileys or are you reserving these for your race reports ;)

Nah, we welcome all entries even duplicate or triplicates. Its a very helpful bunch in this neck of the woods, and well organised too.
Havent updated the #2 posts in a long while but seeing there's only relatively few posts per thread unlike the massive old thread I don't think people active here mind going thru these new ones to find info.
At least no one's complained to me about it. :D

AMG.

Just had a throughly unpleasent run in the Dream Car Championship for maximum points, a very difficult tournament with the setup I used.

Dream Car Championship - 200pts All Races
Car: TVR Cerbera Speed Six '97 (Used)
Mods: Mods vary from race to race, this is the setup for most of the races that I used, RC Exhaust, Chip, R3/R3, NOS, Aids @ 5, 5, 2, Auto Tranny @ 11, DF @ 30/30, New Oil - 379BHP Total
Lineup: #1:

Pagani Zonda LM Race Car '01
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II '04
Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car '01
Subaru Impreza Super Touring Car '01
Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car '02

I qualified 1st for all races unless stated.

Race 1 Opera:
Nothing too remarkable about this one, Ford GT was main competition but never looked like catching me, easy win. MOV 4.312 Seconds.

Race 2 Tokyo:
This was a 3-way battle royale with the Zonda & Ford GT, to conserve NOS chose to block instead and was blocking for all the 4 laps, had to accident the Zonda at the end of the straight on the 4th lap as my NOS was nearly gone and he was catching me, held on for a very narrow win. MOV 0.112 Seconds.:indiff:

Race 3 Deep Forest:
Again, quite an easy race but the Zonda made me work for it, was on my ass all the way but didn't use any NOS until the final few bends just to make sure. MOV 2.598 Seconds.

Race 4 Seoul Central:
Even with NOS was constantly blocking the Zonda, no margin for error and held him off for what would have been a larger mov had he not walled me on the final turn, managed to regain my composure and with NOS overtook him on the final straight for the win. MOV 0.194.

Race 5 Hong Kong:
An easy race for once, this time it was not the Zonda but the Ford GT in my rear view mirror although he was not quick enough to put in a serious challenge, easy win. MOV 4.704 Seconds.

Race 6 Test Course:
Did not qualify for this race as I had practised it before I started the tournament, changed my setup to R1/R1 tyres, no downforce, Auto Tranny @ 15 and 487BHP. Was fairly easy, got into 3rd by using NOS, drafted Ford GT for a while then zipped past, caught the Zonda on the 1st turn on lap 2 and went past him just in the tunnel. My top speed was actually better than the Zonda so I just made sure he didn't draft me and won easily. MOV 1.938 Seconds.

Race 7 Driving Park Beginners Course:
It would have been easy, was easy until I made a stupid mistake. Changed setup to use R1/R1 tyres but nothing else. Was on lap 25 when I took my eye of the screen, BAM!! Into the pit wall I go, a 9.5 second advantage down to just 1. Had to block the Zonda for the next 2 laps and scraped home. MOV 0.359 Seconds.

Race 8 Le Sarthe:
Did not qualify. Oh boy, where do I start. I used the same setup as I did for the test course due to the long straight, I also used all available shortcuts. End of the 1st straight was in 3rd place, rammed the Ford in front of me and he rammed the Zonda and all 3 of us are in the sand, I scramble out of there in 1st place. Cut the corner at the end of the lap and the sand trap at the start of the 2nd to give me an advantage for the big straight, like a moron I go flying into the corner at the end of that straight at 207MPH forgetting I am on R1 tyres, my car proceeds to fly into a wall. I had an 8 second lead over the Zonda, manage to crawl out 2 seconds in front and keep my calm to finish the race. MOV 5.504 Seconds.

Race 9 El Capitan:
I am really starting to loathe the Zonda, he is all over my ass like a fly and doesn't let up, I refuse to use the wallride and I use NOS sparingly also. Kept him at bay quite well, was a tough race but I prevailed. MOV 0.804 Seconds.

Race 10 Cote d'Azur:
Rather trivial in comparison to the others, built up a 4 second lead over the Ford GT and never lost it, eventually the Zonda took 2nd place but I recorded my easiest win of this whole stupid tournament which I am never doing again as long as I live. MOV 5.338 Seconds.

Should also be noted, that despite brand new oil my car dropped 4 horsepower after Le Sarthe, after Cote d'Azur it dropped another 11 horsepower, stupid car.

Good bloody riddance!!!!!!

Good to see you here again O.G. after a long period of absence.... but what happened to all the smileys or are you reserving these for your race reports ;)
AMG.

THANX AMG!!!
Guess the 200 pts wasn't so special after all...maxxed out the HP & took almost a MINUTE off the 5 Lap time & STILL got 200pts! :dunce:
Oh well, it was fun lapping the Gillet anyway...O.G.
old.gif

Dream Car Championship Race 6 200 A-spec

Lineup

1 Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car `02
2 Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car `01
3 Jaguar XJ 220 LM Race Car `01
4 Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II `04
5 Pagani Zonda LM Race Car `03

Car: Audi Le Mans quattro `03
632HP 1730kg

Mod: Ballast 200 , N1/N1

Just finished my first run through of the Formula GT series for max points using a single car, previously on my PAL version I had used 3-4 different cars but for this run on my NTSC game wanted to use a single car. Also I did not do this as a championship for a couple of reasons, I wanted to see if I could do it starting from the back of the grid for each race (would be too tempting to qualify as a championship) and I also wanted a choice of race as if it was a championship and I got stuck I wouldn't be able to quit without doing it again.

Anyway, I took some notes for each race, not too many as I was too busy concentrating on racing but hopefully they may help someone along. Car of choice (after much testing) was the Audi R8. Also note the races are listed in the order I did them, not the order in which they are presented in the game.

Formula GT Championship 200pt Races NTSC

1) Tokyo - Car Audi R8, R2/R2, Auto tranny @ 18
AI pits every 11-12 laps, I pit on lap 12 and switch to R3/R2 tires for rest of race.
MOV +28 seconds.
Hard, decided before the race not to do any wallriding which made the task more difficult, went into first pit about 7 seconds behind, emerged in 4th place. Took the lead on lap 16, only lost it when I had to pit before the AI.

2) Grand Valley Speedway - Car Audi R8, R2/R2, Auto Tranny @ 18
AI Pits Every 8 Laps, I pit every 9 Laps
MOV +1 Lap
Again, very easy just be careful not to take any trips into the sand as it's very slow to get out. Was actually very surprised at how easy this race was.

3) Motegi Road Course - Car Audi R8 R2/R2, Auto Tranny @ 18
AI Pits Every 9 Laps, I pit Lap 11, then every 10 laps after switching to R3/R2
MOV +70 Seconds
Not an easy race for the first 30 laps, went into 1st pit stop 13sec in the lead and switched to R3/R2 for some extra grip in the corners and it also balances tyre wear out a lot better, emerged in 4th place 14 secs behind the leader. Lap 31 pit was crucial as I had built up enough of a lead to get in & out the pits before the 2nd place car had a chance to pass me. :-) Was trivial after that, won by at least 70 seconds and would have been more had the AI not nudged me into the sand a couple of times. :-(

4) Nurburgring - Car Audi R8, R2/R2, Auto Tranny @ 18
AI pits every 2 laps, I pit every 3 laps
MOV 3mins 49sec
An eventful 1st 3 laps, on the 1st lap midway down kesselchen there was a huge pileup of 3 F1 cars that I could not avoid, caught the tail end and slammed into the barriers, didn't lose too much time. End of 2nd lap I had caught the 1st place F1 car, and as it happens just as he was about to pit I tried to go past him on the outside and did but in turn, prevented him pitting so he had to do another lap on red tyres. :-) Pitted at end of lap 3 and switched to R3/R2 for remainder of the race, maintaining 3 lap stop strategy and was able to build up a huge lead.

5) New York - Car Audi R8, R2/R2, Auto Tranny @ 18
AI pits every 11/12 laps, I pit on lap 13 and every 12/13 laps after
MOV Lapped 4 AI twice & 2nd place only a few seconds behind lapping twice.
Easy, got the lead on lap 3, AI passed me but quickly got it back. 3 trailing AI pitted on lap 11, 2nd place and 1 other on lap 12 and I pitted on lap 13 with a 13 sec lead and switched to R3/R2 for remainder of the race.

6) Super Speedway - Car Audi R8, R2/R2, Auto Tranny @ 18
AI pits every 12/13 laps, I pit every 27/28 laps
MOV +1 lap
Pitting strategy is key, the AI had to do 2 pits to just 1 for me and that was the winner in the end. Since the Audi is on R2/R2 the whole race slight wallriding is needed at the sharper turn as if you try and take it normally you will lose another 1+sec a lap since you need to slow down more, take the bigger turn smoothly and stick to the pit strategy and it is easy.

7) Circuit de la Sarthe I - Car Audi R8, R2/R2, Auto tranny @ 20
AI pits every 4 laps, I pit every 8
MOV +1 lap
Just really easy, switch to R3/R2 at first pit to get better lap times, makes no difference to pit strategy.

8) High Speed Ring - Car Audi R8, R2/R2, Auto tranny @ 20
AI pits every 12 laps, I pit every 20 laps
MPV +3 laps
Easiest race so far, nothing special to do this race.

9) Seoul Central - Car Audi R8, R2/R2, Auto tranny @ 20
AI pits every 19/20 laps, I pit on lap 25 and switch to R3/R2 for remainder of race and pit every 24 laps thereafter.
MOV +2 laps
Again, another easy race. Did not manage to get 1st place until lead AI pitted on lap 19 but never lost it after I had it.

10) Cote d' Azur - Car Audi R8, R2/R2, Auto tranny @ 20
AI pits every 9 laps, I pit on lap 10 and switch to R3/R2 for remainder of race, pit every 10 laps thereafter as tyre-wear is still good for 10 laps on R3/R2.
MOV +2 laps
Had to wallride the turn at the top of the hill until lap 4 or 5 when I got into 1st place, didn't bother after that. Was able to increase lead by 1-2 seconds a lap on R3/R2 making for an easy win.

11) Infineon Raceway - Car Audi R8, R2/R2, Auto tranny @ 18
AI pits every 10 laps, I pit on lap 12 and switch to R3/R2 for remainder of the race, pit every 11 laps thereafter.
MOV +2 laps
Used the wallride on the last hairpin only for the 1st 3 laps to get into the lead, never used after that. Another easy race it has to be said.

12) Suzuka - Car Audi R8, R2/R2, Auto tranny @ 18
AI pits every 8/9 laps, I pit on lap 9 and switch to R3/R2 tires, pit every 7/8 laps for remainder of the race.
MOV 62 seconds
Tough, had to wait in 2nd place until the 1st AI car pitted to get into 1st, built up a 28 second lead before I pitted and got out pits still in 1st. Had to take the shortcut at the last corner for the 1st 9 laps to keep pace with the lead AI car.

13) Fuji Speedway 2005 - Car Audi R8, R2/R2, Auto tranny @ 18
AI pits every 10 laps, I pit on lap 12 and switch to R3/R2 tires, pit every 11 laps after that.
MOV +1 lap
Umm...very easy.

14) Laguna Seca - Car Audi R8, R2/R2, Auto tranny @ 18
AI pits every 11 laps, I pit on lap 14 and switch to R3/R2, pit every 14 laps for rest of race.
MOV +5 laps
Due the the utter stupidity of the AI in this race I romped to the easiest victory of the entire series, probably would have won even if the AI were not so dumb and had I stayed on R2 tires it was that easy.

15) El Capitan - Car Audi R8, R2/R2, Auto tranny @ 18
AI pits every 8 laps, I pit on lap 10 and every 10 laps after.
MOV +1 lap
Again, very easy, almost too easy. Got 1st place early on the 1st lap and never lost it, stayed on R2/R2 for the whole race as didn't need better grip you get from R3 on the front, AI was not very aggressive in this one. Nice easy race to finish with.

Now to repeat the whole thing to win the Sauber. :)

Nice going nemesis. I´m about to tackle the FGT series using the Audi R8 myself. So far I did only 3 FGT races for 200 points (Sarthe, SS, HSR) in the C60 and didn´t try the others. What settings did you use for the R8?

What settings did you use for the R8?

All stock settings, apart from auto transmission changes and tire changes of course. I'm not much of a tuner so I don't change settings unless i'm using somebody else's specific setup.

I have been in the Dream Car Championship, too. Had an unusal event happen. I was at the Opera and fighting off an NSX when somewhere between the last long straight and the final turn, the system put me in 2nd place. No one passed me. The replay confirmed no one passed me, but I finished the race 28 seconds behind a GTR! :grumpy:

I have been in the Dream Car Championship, too. Had an unusal event happen. I was at the Opera and fighting off an NSX when somewhere between the last long straight and the final turn, the system put me in 2nd place. No one passed me. The replay confirmed no one passed me, but I finished the race 28 seconds behind a GTR! :grumpy:

Congratulations! (Don't be grumpy). You have had an unusual event, which is often a good, significant or memorable experience. Either you or the game had a "dream", an altered state of consciousness or reality, in the very appositely named "Dream Car Championship". Did you save the race, the settings or note the lineup?

Like the Wind 200 A-Spec

Lineup

1 Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car `89
2 Gilet Vertigo Race Car `04
3 Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) `99
4 Nissan R92CP Race Car `92
5 Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car `98

Car:
Mazda 787B Race Car `91 (black,no oil,no rigidy refresh)

Mod:
N2/N2

I stretched the Final a bit to get 220mph at redline

Congratulations! (Don't be grumpy). You have had an unusual event, which is often a good, significant or memorable experience. Either you or the game had a "dream", an altered state of consciousness or reality, in the very appositely named "Dream Car Championship". Did you save the race, the settings or note the lineup?

I did not save the race, because I remember reading somewhere in this site that this had happened to someone else, but I do not remember the details. In watching the replay the second time, I kept the camera on the third place Nissan, and it seemed the car "time warped" into first without passing the NSX or myself. "Dream Car" indeed!!

Real Circuit Tours - 200pts All Races

Car: Audi R8 '01 - Old Oil, 10,000+ Miles
Mods: R3/R2, NOS, Ballast @ 110, Minimum Downforce Front & Rear
Lineup: #2 NTSC

Against this lineup, they also started on the grid in these positions:

1) Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race CAR '02
2) Nissan R92CP Race Car '92
3) Toyota 7 Race Car '70
4) Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) '99
5) Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03

I chose this lineup for 2 reasons:

1) It offered maximum points without the need to dumb down the car too much
2) The only 2 challengers both had faults that were easy to take advantage of

The R92CP & the Toyota 7 were the only 2 challengers in the race, and even then only the T7 actually put up a fight of any kind. The main fault with the R92 was that it always had to pit, apart from the Nurburgring where it span out on lap 2 and was not in the race after that. The main fault with the T7 was that is was very unsteady, span off a few times but besides that it was quite quick.

Not the hardest tournament ever.

Back