Extreme Weather Edits

• Thread starter leeislee
  • 341 comments
"Splash"
wetmiatawithlogo.jpg

My first attempt at an extreme weather edit, I'm very happy with the outcome.

I started as an attempt to match this Real Photo of my Daily Driver:

ToscanaWeathereditinspoTN_zpsd353aed0.png

So I visited my personal RAWRscona Oklahoma track, and took this photo:

ToscanaTarmac_2originalTN_zps971fff1c.png

And somehow when I began to edit, this was my result:

Thanks to leeislee's reflection tutorial (my first attempt at that) and a few photoshop tutorials on making it rain.

Thanks!

Thanks lee, it comes with the Oklahoma turf, we are about to enter tornado season!

I think this thread is my favorite of all the photo threads. Everything is just so interesting and left greatly up to the person's artistic view of where everything should go.

May i ask what online tutorials you're using?!

For adding the rain 'effect' on the first one using photoshop:http://www.photoshopessentials.com/photo-effects/rain/

For the snow one, its the same but slightly increase the amount of noise and decrease the amount of blur to get the impression of snow flakes falling.
There may be other ways, but this is how I did it.👍

When it came to adding the snow to the road, I used the polygonal lasso tool to select the road itself. Once selected, right click and go on Layer via copy.
Select the new layer (Make sure its the top layer) and go to Filter/Filter Gallery. A new window appears showing the parts of the image that will change on the left (should be the tarmac) and various effects on the right. I went for Film Grain in the Artistic effects. Mess around with the different sliders until you get something that looks relatively like light snow on the floor.

Hope this helps 👍

Last edited:
Back