Extreme Weather Edits

• Thread starter leeislee
  • 341 comments
The pics are really nice, but you should work on your rain itself.
Don't use a noise filter or something, but a single brush.
Also don't overdo the density.

EDIT:
thats not a brush, thats a part of the real photo

The fine lines in the snow definitely aren't from GT5.
Or did you copy and paste it out of a real picture?

Please don't hate me too much as this is my first time trying to make anything look like it was raining.

cMI7C1s.jpg

@shmogt: Good first try, but the reflection is too flat, the drops look artificial (edges are a bit too sharp I think) and you need to add some spray.

G.T.Ace
@shmogt: Good first try, but the reflection is too flat, the drops look artificial (edges are a bit too sharp I think) and you need to add some spray.
I wanted this to look like a after rain sun is coming out now shot. I made the reflection low because the road isn't super wet anymore and the drops harder because there is less rain mist in the air. That was my idea at least but the quality drops I wanted I couldn't get perfect. You're right it definitely needs a tiny bit of spray from the tires. I think that would of just set it off.

Metalsun
I hear you. I am dying to do a weather edit, but my skills are not there...yet.
Everyone's gotta start somewhere. Mine as well try.

I wanted this to look like a after rain sun is coming out now shot. I made the reflection low because the road isn't super wet anymore and the drops harder because there is less rain mist in the air. That was my idea at least but the quality drops I wanted I couldn't get perfect. You're right it definitely needs a tiny bit of spray from the tires. I think that would of just set it off.

Everyone's gotta start somewhere. Mine as well try.
I think he meant the reflection angle and overall perspective is wrong mate.

Have a look at THIS THREAD if you want to improve your skills.

👍

leeislee
I think he meant the reflection angle and overall perspective is wrong mate.

Have a look at THIS THREAD if you want to improve your skills.

👍

Lol Omg the reflection was sooo hard. I have done lots of reflections before and it's usually not too tough however this one was the weirdest angle ever. Thanks for the link I'll read up.

Burning Rain
(cropped)

So, i took a terrible picture of a drifting Alfa Romeo and i was going to call it Burning Rubber, but for some reason i thought I'd do a quick rain edit and call it Burning Rain instead...I lost interest in the edit after a few hours so i stopped, this is what's left, the usual crap but not too bad.

I always create a few versions of each picture, some with more weather effects, some with less, different crops etc etc, this is a more standard compositional crop.

👍

Last edited:

Love Found...forever

Ok, I'm always looking to create something that i can print out and hang on my wall and yet again, GT5 inspired me and this is what i ended up with.

I'll be honest, hardly anything is left from the original picture i took in GT5 as the quality of the picture was just awful, but as i always do, i had an idea in mind and went straight onto the PS3 and took the photo.

After a few hours editing this is the result...looks great full size and is full of the things i like. Dark, moody, power, elegance, lines, light, beauty, water, and so on.

Personally, i LOVE it but you lot may think...differently!

I done four versions of this, the one above, one without the butterfly, one without the butterfly and the drying, dripping water and a version with the headlights visible but this one is my favourite.

Second weather edit ever and i do want to improve so please critique me....(Mr.leeislee) XD I respect you so much you dont even know
Hi, well firstly that's a great effort. The reflection is very good as you matched all the perspective issues well. Nice work there.

The rain is what lets the picture down. It's too uniform. Rain doesn't fall in the same direction, there are always slight variation to it's path aswell as variations in length, size, speed and visibility. Less rain but realistic rain looks better!

But it's a really really good edit! I look forward to seeing more.

Secondly, I'm not worth anyones respect!

👍👍

Back