F1 2010 better than f1 2011

Ghana
Accra
Ghanaboy11
BB2910
Am i the only one who thinks F1 2010 is better than f1 2011? I mean yes handling is much more realistic ( although i cant tell as i have neva driven an f1 car. Purely from reviews and general view) and colours are more vibrant and you get extras but a game is supposed to be fun and enjoyed by majority of the people not the few hardcore racers. F1 2010 is more fun, better sound, i like the colours, its more friendly to the eye ( in my opinion) Got f1 2011 and wanna sell. Have hardly used it.

F1 2011 is a huge step up from 2010 imo. Although 2010 was more unforgiving imo. What I liked about 2010 was the random kerbs that would spin you giving you very little chance to correct. It made for some intense racing.

However, 2011 is better. The fact that you can correct oversteer earns it big points in my opinion. There are fewer annoying bugs too. Frequent random punctures anyone? I don't really care about graphics either. I still play gp2.

445690-showscreen5_super.jpg

F1 2011 is a huge step up from 2010 imo. Although 2010 was more unforgiving imo. What I liked about 2010 was the random kerbs that would spin you giving you very little chance to correct. It made for some intense racing.

However, 2011 is better. The fact that you can correct oversteer earns it big points in my opinion. There are fewer annoying bugs too. Frequent random punctures anyone? I don't really care about graphics either. I still play gp2.

445690-showscreen5_super.jpg

The GP series does look good. I've never played it but on the RD forums, someone linked me to a GP Mod site with endless F1 season mods, some DTM, Touring Car, and LMP mods as well.

The GP series does look good. I've never played it but on the RD forums, someone linked me to a GP Mod site with endless F1 season mods, some DTM, Touring Car, and LMP mods as well.

Some of the mods are a little questionable, particularly when it comes to car performance relative to real life, but you can fix them easily. Personally, I still prefer GP2, but they are quite outdated now. The game has steering assistance that you can't turn off unless you use a controller and it can be quite difficult to find a compatible controller.

Nonetheless, it still deserves it's classic status and I still play it every now and then.

What about GP4?

That seems to be the most popular, however, my preference has always been 2 and 3. 3 was received quite poorly by a lot of people. Geoff Crammond still feels bad about that to this day. Personally, I prefer GP3, but then again, I've never had a PC that could run 4 comfortably. I haven't had a desktop pc for almost 10 years. I like to move around. :sly:

I got rF2, so I'm eager to see when all of the new mods will be converted.

If I didn't have a long list of guitars I want to buy (which are all around the $3000-$5000 mark), I would buy a good gaming PC for this and maybe a few other sims. I used to love flight sims and would love to get back into the sim world, but my PC barely ran the original rfactor. It's actually not bad, but it suffers the curse of the laptop.

Maybe someday when my wife and I settle down in Canada, I can race you online. I think you'll be a good opponent given your Karting experience.

F1 fan

Just break and it autocorrects any spin. Thats one of the reasons y i like 2010. Mayb am not a good racer lol

If I didn't have a long list of guitars I want to buy (which are all around the $3000-$5000 mark), I would buy a good gaming PC for this and maybe a few other sims. I used to love flight sims and would love to get back into the sim world, but my PC barely ran the original rfactor. It's actually not bad, but it suffers the curse of the laptop.

Maybe someday when my wife and I settle down in Canada, I can race you online. I think you'll be a good opponent given your Karting experience.

Thanks. But my laptop is from hell and doesnt run rF very well. :lol:

No, i strongly disagree. In terms of fun and enjoyment, i have had more in F1 2011 than 2010.
The only thing i miss from F1 2010 is Kubica in a renault.

PAWEL17
In terms of fun and enjoyment, i have had more in F1 2011 than 2010.

Same here.

Someone was questioning the sound in 2011? What? Sound is awesome, especially the exhaust notes. I have a 5.1 surround on my rig, so maybe that improves it. But I think the sound is great.

2011 is improved in all areas over 2010. Just the DRS and KERS changes the game alot. Also the the tire wear and different compounds is a plus.

Last edited:
PAWEL17
No, i strongly disagree. In terms of fun and enjoyment, i have had more in F1 2011 than 2010.
The only thing i miss from F1 2010 is Kubica in a renault.

Yeah, Kubica makes me want to play F1 2010. If he was in F1 2011 then it would've been the game of the year :)

I have F1 2010 for the PS3 and I really like it. However, I'm hesitant to buy F1 2011 because I read that the graphics for the PS3 version of F1 2011 are really choppy. From the clips I've seen posted on the net, that seems to be true. Can anyone comment about this?

Choppy? Not more than 2010 - overall it's an improvement plus it's been improved with the last patch, too. Just rent it for a day and decide for yourself. :)

Overall it's a lot better than 2010, I think.

Choppy? Not more than 2010 - overall it's an improvement plus it's been improved with the last patch, too. Just rent it for a day and decide for yourself. :)

Overall it's a lot better than 2010, I think.

I agree with Matra, the frame rate is choppier in F1 2011. With F1 2010, it was reserved to certain tracks (Monaco, i'm looking at you) and specific parts of the track, whereas with F1 2011 it can happen anywhere and it really makes the whole thing feel very gamey and unrealistic when that happens. It never gets as slow as F1 2010 does, but it is quite consistently a bit off the mark so overall it's much worse.

2010 - Silver McLaren and Graphics
2011 - Chrome McLaren and KERS, DRS, Frame rate, new tracks and designs, cockpit view.

:D

I agree with Matra, the frame rate is choppier in F1 2011. With F1 2010, it was reserved to certain tracks (Monaco, i'm looking at you) and specific parts of the track, whereas with F1 2011 it can happen anywhere and it really makes the whole thing feel very gamey and unrealistic when that happens. It never gets as slow as F1 2010 does, but it is quite consistently a bit off the mark so overall it's much worse.

Don't get me wrong but I prefer consistency - this way I know I'll only have 25 fps or so all the time instead of having 60 FPS right now but 5 fps at the very next corner. ;)

F1 2011 is a much better game overall then F1 2010, but in my opinion the graphics in 2010 were better. But it's been a long time since I played the game so I'm not sure.

F1 2011, the physics are much better then in F1 2010. Also, with the KERS, DRS, and Pirelli tires, the game is generally more fun then F1 2010.

Latest Posts

Back