F1 2011/2012/2013 Picture Thread

Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
Pre-loaded (it's decrypting the files as I write this up) and practically ready to go. Expect pictures very shortly. :D

Last edited:
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET T12!

Will try to find a dodgy retailer once again today.

Photos coming up. I will tell you this...if you had absolutely any doubts about CM's testimonials toward the new physics -- Don't. Try playing this the way you'd play 2010.

You won't get anywhere. Fast.

Photos coming up. I will tell you this...if you had absolutely any doubts about CM's testimonials toward the new physics -- Don't. Try playing this the way you'd play 2010.

You won't get anywhere. Fast.

Good stuff. Upload it!

First, a look at the new (read: prettier) menu bits:

Game now keeps tabs on how often you've crashed, the speed you've crashed, your fastest lap time at whatever track you're lapping around, etc Lots of welcomed things. Not particularly fond on the crashing bits though. :lol:

Proving Grounds is where you'd hit up time attack, hot lapping (time trial), or the leaderboards

You're now greeted with this menu system for selecting your chassis. Fine touch if you ask me.

No more generic wheel rims!

Now, the visit to Monaco. A track I know very well and was surely confident I was going to set some quick lap times. Yeah, right...The replay cameras are still as rubbish as they were for 2010, however, there are new subtleties added...at least on Monaco that is.

Yes, I am kissing the guard rail. My DFGT is rubbish and the physics really, really caught me off-guard. Will most definitely dissuade those who aren't looking to get into more precise handling in a car game. I love it...it kicked my ass from left to right.

Not a new angle, I had spun out and kissed the rail again. The replay cam happened to pan above the vehicle...almost giving a close-up helicopter-esque shot.

Yes, now I'm kissing the tire walls. Such a strong emphasis on mechanical grip now.

One of the new (I believe) angles. Sort of a fish-eye effect, where the closer the car gets to the corner, the further (yet closer) the camera pans out/in.

Terronium-12
First, a look at the new (read: prettier) menu bits:

Game now keeps tabs on how often you've crashed, the speed you've crashed, your fastest lap time at whatever track you're lapping around, etc Lots of welcomed things. Not particularly fond on the crashing bits though. :lol:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/f120112011092001011782.jpg/

Proving Grounds is where you'd hit up time attack, hot lapping (time trial), or the leaderboards
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/f120112011092001241098.jpg/

You're now greeted with this menu system for selecting your chassis. Fine touch if you ask me.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/f120112011092001243664.jpg/

No more generic wheel rims!
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/f120112011092001013190.jpg/

Now, the visit to Monaco. A track I know very well and was surely confident I was going to set some quick lap times. Yeah, right...The replay cameras are still as rubbish as they were for 2010, however, there are new subtleties added...at least on Monaco that is.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/f120112011092001210321.jpg/

Yes, I am kissing the guard rail. My DFGT is rubbish and the physics really, really caught me off-guard. Will most definitely dissuade those who aren't looking to get into more precise handling in a car game. I love it...it kicked my ass from left to right.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/f120112011092001205700.jpg/

Not a new angle, I had spun out and kissed the rail again. The replay cam happened to pan above the vehicle...almost giving a close-up helicopter-esque shot.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/35/f120112011092001211400.jpg/

Yes, now I'm kissing the tire walls. Such a strong emphasis on mechanical grip now.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/f120112011092001213486.jpg/

One of the new (I believe) angles. Sort of a fish-eye effect, where the closer the car gets to the corner, the further (yet closer) the camera pans out/in.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/97/f120112011092001213100.jpg/

Looks good. Have you compared times to this years Monaco GP.

Looks good. Have you compared times to this years Monaco GP.

Best I did at the time was 1:20-something...in an F150. I didn't even bother. :lol:

The replay sounds? Oh, good lord. Remember that horrible excuse for audio in 2010? Yeah, no more.

R31 at a wet Monza up next!

Terronium-12
Best I did at the time was 1:20-something...in an F150. I didn't even bother. :lol:

The replay sounds? Oh, good lord. Remember that horrible excuse for audio in 2010? Yeah, no more. R31 at a wet Monza up next!

Why cant the UK have this now? Hows KERS and DRS?

Why cant the UK have this now?
Codemasters like to release these games to coincide with an actual Grand Prix. In this case, it's coming out in the build-up to Singapore. I'm guessing that because Formula 1 doesn't have the same following in America as it does in Europe, the game gets released a little earlier, maybe to generate a bit of interest.

R31/Monza

Doing this with no TCS is absolutely disastrously awesome. Sliding everywhere, absolutely no grip, no dry line, go into a corner not carrying enough speed will result in the car feeling as light as a feather (read: you're going to be man-handling the wheel with countersteer), and it's just brilliant.

Again, the replay audio is so vastly improved it actually sounds very, very similar to a real F1 car. It could only be better if the samples were 100% accurate to each and every car.

I won't be able to test that until I've gotten my G27 this weekend. As I've said, my DFGT is rubbish.

Entire front panel doesn't work.

Let me know if the G27 helps you drive faster with no assists, especially the pedal difference. Will you be getting a wheel for the 360 too for Forza? I plan to upgrade in January / February time my PC to an Ivy Bridge system and also my wheel at the same time.

I might get F1 2011 on both PC and PS3.

The first Lotus Renault pic looks a really good improvement.

Should be getting my PC copy soon from shopto.net costing only 18 quid.

From what you've said T12 and the pics, the camera angles are done very similar to F1 2010 and to me don't offer much variety and chock full the same old.

Does the game have anything similar to this video
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2011/9/12533.html

I was hoping they'd put some variety and mix up cameras with better positions and close ups like the bus stop at monaco. I'm not asking for the whole lap to be like the video. Only good thing I could say about GT is they do offer variety and zoom in on certain corners. F1 2010 is pretty awful and I just hoped F1 2011 would show the cars and mix it up a little bit instead endless half distance high following and panning thats the same on every lap.

Last edited:
interludes
Codemasters like to release these games to coincide with an actual Grand Prix. In this case, it's coming out in the build-up to Singapore. I'm guessing that because Formula 1 doesn't have the same following in America as it does in Europe, the game gets released a little earlier, maybe to generate a bit of interest.

It has nothing to do with that, all games / media/ DVDs in the US are usually released on Tuesdays.

And I would assume UK / Europe is different.

Williams FW33/India

The replay cameras are still as sterile as they were in 2010 (as mentioned before), even on Nurb and India. They feel too flail and unwilling to be exciting to any known degree. The subtleties make things a little better when you can notice them but are otherwise a useless attempt to make the replays any less sterile than they've been since last year. On India itself, the track is similar to Yeongam: lots of bendy, off-camber corners that are relatively easy to get around after your second, third, or fourth lap. Of course you're going to misjudge the braking distance even when you think you've got a bit of it down to memory; it isn't difficult (at least not during a hot lap session where there's no real pressure to go faster) and is actually quite fun. Along with Yeongam, it also has a feint similarity with Istanbul Park.

Like a BAWS. This is without KERS or DRS, once I'm able to use it things should get even more interesting. :D

Like a BAWS. This is without KERS or DRS, once I'm able to use it things should get even more interesting. :D

Very nice lap times. I knew that people would be getting into the single digits quite easily with KERS and DRS. Looks like you are one of those guys.

Messing around in the wet stuff. Fairly exciting once you get used to things, far more of a challenge now then it was in 2010.

Stop teasing Mr T! I cant take it! :P

Oh go on, while your at it snap a few of Abu Dhabi in a Mclaren would you? :drool:

Also, what are you using to capture screens? And this is Pc version?

Monaco top times will probably be around the 1:04 to 1:06 mark I would say in the not so distant future. Don't know how much DRS or Kers makes up over a lap.

Michael - 7 times WDC, you better use the keyboard temporary and get that number 1 spot and screenshot it. Yes that is right, keyboard for Kers and DRS while manual shifting and driving around Monaco at the same time ;).

Could anyone with a PS3 please tell me if the Monaco frame rate has been improved in 2011? I've been asking forever on twitter but CM didn't answer and the VVV guy hadn't had time to try it out yet. :(

MP4-26/Yas Marina

Yes, there's finally a proper chrome metallic and not the flat silver from 2010.
Abu Dhabi needs better textures though...

@ Mr. S: I'd help you if I could....as a matter of fact, try hitting up Race Department.

Back