F1 2011/2012/2013 Picture Thread

@ Mr. S: I'd help you if I could....as a matter of fact, try hitting up Race Department.

I know, mate - cheers for the shots! I'm keeping an eye on RD anyway. :D

Me, when I saw the McLaren shots:

awesome_smiley.png

On a side-note: the damage mod from F1 2010 (loose_parts) should work in 2011 as well, according to RD.com.

And keep them coming!

I love the textures you get on the wheels when you've run off track, green for grass, brown for gravel, lol.

Thanks for the pics, very nice.

Good to see that there are non-assisted players in the top ranks. My fear is that a year from now the leaderboards will only be full of assisted laps, and I don't want to have to scroll down for 10 minutes until I find the top time without assists. I don't have any problem with people using assists, but it would be nice if they were in their own category like they have for wet and dry tracks.

Good to see that there are non-assisted players in the top ranks. My fear is that a year from now the leaderboards will only be full of assisted laps, and I don't want to have to scroll down for 10 minutes until I find the top time without assists. I don't have any problem with people using assists, but it would be nice if they were in their own category like they have for wet and dry tracks.

Even though I only use ABS (I despise brake-pumping) I'd have to agree with you.

Just a filtering option would be nice, another example being that everyone up top had McLarens last year.

Even though I only use ABS (I despise brake-pumping) I'd have to agree with you.
Can I ask what you mean by brake-pumping? Because I wonder if that's related to what (I think) I'm experiencing.

In GT5 with the F1 car I also had ABS off, and my braking method was to slowly go to full brake pressure, and then as I slowed up, I slowly eased off the pressure to prevent locking the wheels, and then I was ready for the turn. (Slow on, slow off, that's it.)

In F1 2011, I go slow on to max, and then it seems like my wheels lock much sooner, so I release pressure, and then it seems like I'm barely slowing (with the pedal like 2/3 down), so I have to increase pressure again almost to maximum! And the second time I'm increasing the wheels don't lock up nearly as soon as I would expect. It's almost like the game is adjusting the amount of braking based on my speed, rather than a certain amount of brake pedal travel always corresponding to a certain amount of brake pressure. (Did that make sense?)

Has anyone else experienced that? And am I wrong to expect the braking to work like I described in the first scenario (in GT5)?

Last edited:
Can I ask what you mean by brake-pumping? Because I wonder if that's related to what (I think) I'm experiencing.

In GT5 with the F1 car I also had ABS off, and my braking method was to slowly go to full brake pressure, and then as I slowed up, I slowly eased off the pressure to prevent locking the wheels, and then I was ready for the turn. (Slow on, slow off, that's it.)

In F1 2011, I go slow on to max, and then it seems like my wheels lock much sooner, so I release pressure, and then it seems like I'm barely slowing (with the pedal like 2/3 down), so I have to increase pressure again almost to maximum! And the second time I'm increasing the wheels don't lock up nearly as soon as I would expect. It's almost like the game is adjusting the amount of braking based on my speed, rather than a certain amount of brake pedal travel always corresponding to a certain amount of brake pressure. (Did that make sense?)

Has anyone else experienced that? And am I wrong to expect the braking to work like I described in the first scenario (in GT5)?

One, what you described in both scenarios is exactly what brake-pumping is: moderating pressure to prevent lock-up. Two, brake pressure simulation is a bit more accurate in F1 '11 than in GT5 but considering how "slow" the F10 and F2007 are to me, I may already be showing bias. Anyway, the brakes are far more sensitive (as they well should be) and can lock up even when light to moderate pressure is applied, of course that's dependent upon the relative speed you're traveling: the faster you're going the more likely you are to apply full pressure (especially if you're experimenting with late braking) and the slower you're going the more likely you are to apply light pressure and you'll more or less be reliant upon engine braking.

What I really miss, both in the shots and F1 2010 / 2011 in general, are visible racing lines - I remember that even Formula '97 on the PSX had them. You could always see where the rubber has been left on the track, which was really great to see.

Is there a demo somewhere? I'd like to see if my laptop can live up to the challenge and spending 50 quid for that is a bit odd. :/

Is there a demo somewhere? I'd like to see if my laptop can live up to the challenge and spending 50 quid for that is a bit odd. :/

CM don't fancy demos when it comes to F1, so much like with 2010, no there isn't and it's unlikely one will surface.

Hm...meh. Don't know if my P6200 (2,13GHZ), 4GB Ram and the Mobility Radeon HD 5400 will cause any issues. I've only ever played TF2 on the laptop and haven't had any issues with everything on "Ultra"...yet, TF2 is a tad off. :odd:

Last edited:
Hm...meh. Don't know if my P6200 (2,13GHZ), 4GB Ram and the Mobility Radeon HD 5400 will cause any issues. I've only ever played TF2 on the laptop and haven't had any issues with everything on "Ultra"...yet, TF2 is a tad off. :odd:

You won't be able to run anything on Ultra here unless you want a slideshow. You'll be able to run it but you'll have to make plenty of compromises along the way.

Back