F1 2011 (PC Version)

United States
new mexico
fissionproject
Does anyone have the PC version of this yet?

Mine is currently downloading via Steam - I've been seeing a lot of comments on disappointing graphics so I'm wondering if the PC version made up for it

Excellent

I'm running a Quad Core i7 right now with 1GB video memory and 6GB RAM - should be alright to just near full settings I'm hoping

Excellent

I'm running a Quad Core i7 right now with 1GB video memory and 6GB RAM - should be alright to just near full settings I'm hoping

That's around what I got, can't set it to ultra if you want 60 fps but game is really amazing anymay.

Who told you that?

Well by that I think he means that you could have a HD5770 with 1 gb ram which is far worst than a HD 5870 with 1 gb ram. So yeah ram on graphic card doesnt matter really. Another good example is the GTX580 which have 1.5 gb ram, if you take a HD5870 but with 2 gb ram this time it still perform worst than the GTX580.

Hope this makes sens. oh and I personaly have a i-7 950 with 6gb ram and a HD5870 with 1 gb ram. Everything is on high. Only things I dont have at max is shadow which can be set to ultra but then sometimes frame rate drops to 34 fps.

Well by that I think he means that you could have a HD5770 with 1 gb ram which is far worst than a HD 5870 with 1 gb ram. So yeah ram on graphic card doesnt matter really. Another good example is the GTX580 which have 1.5 gb ram, if you take a HD5870 but with 2 gb ram this time it still perform worst than the GTX580.

Not to come off as being rude or anything, but that's just silly. One, the 580 has a 384-bit interface compared to the 5870's 256-bit, so it's 1.5GB frame buffer has a wider address space to work with, so of course it's going to outclass the 5870. And the 5770 only has a 128-bit interface which whether it be 1 or 2GB isn't going to do it any favors. This is before addressing the other distinctions between them.

Saying frame buffer size doesn't matter in any context is silly, basically.

Not to come off as being rude or anything, but that's just silly. One, the 580 has a 384-bit interface compared to the 5870's 256-bit, so it's 1.5GB frame buffer has a wider address space to work with, so of course it's going to outclass the 5870. And the 5770 only has a 128-bit interface which whether it be 1 or 2GB isn't going to do it any favors. This is before addressing the other distinctions between them.

Saying frame buffer size doesn't matter in any context is silly, basically.

Werent we just talking about ram ? I think we were. I'm just saying having a card with 1 gb video ram means nothing. I know the difference between those card thanks. I'm just saying that video ram alone isnt a value that can mesures how good a graphic card is.

Thats exactly what i meant, a 1Gb 5450 is nothing compared to a 1Gb GTX 580.

Anyway as long as you have 1Gb VRam on a decent GPU you are set to run 1080p, there are not many games that require more than 1Gb Vram. More VRam is useful at resolutions like 2560x1600. Just stating you have 1Gb Vram is useless information.

Your post about address space doesnt really matter either as nVidia uses slower Ram than ATi which counters the effect of a larger address range. The GTX 580 isnt better than a 5870 due to its address space...

Lets not get into paper specs because we all know the architectural differences with Ati and nVidia GPUs mean that the only way to compare the power is by benchmarks.

Werent we just talking about ram?

And everything I addressed had every bit to do with RAM.

I'm just saying having a card with 1 gb video ram means nothing.

Untrue. Case in point: Two 4870's, one with 512MB of video memory and the other with 1GB; which do you think performed better?

I know the difference between those card thanks.

Yet you partnered a 5870 with a 580, two wildly different architectures. Your point was better served with the 5770 and 5870.

I'm just saying that video ram alone isn't a value that can mesures how good a graphic card is.

I don't recall asserting otherwise. I do recall asserting the fact that frame buffer size matters, regardless.

Thats exactly what i meant, a 1Gb 5450 is nothing compared to a 1Gb GTX 580.

Especially considering these comparisons are now out and out ridiculous.

Just stating you have 1Gb Vram is useless information.

True. But who did that?

Your post about address space doesnt really matter either as nVidia uses slower Ram than ATi which counters the effect of a larger address range. The GTX 580 isnt better than a 5870 due to its address space...

Is that what I said, or did I say it's address space was the reason it's 1.5GB buffer is better than the 5870's frame buffer, despite having 512MB less?

lol just drop it, look:
post#3
I'm running a Quad Core i7 right now with GB video memory1 and 6GB RAM - should be alright to just near full settings I'm hoping

All i was saying is that mean your PC can max out F1 2011.

no problems here. sofar, the game runs better than 2010. i will try forcing 16xAF and 4xSupersampling. :P it probably wont work.

@T12

fissionproject stated his specs and only listed he had 1gb of video ram. jasjeet asked for the model and stated vram means nothing in the context of some forum poster just stating they have a 1gb GPU, which does mean nothing in the case of determining what performance his PC can do, he could have some old or new weak gpu but still have 1gb of vram. You're being incredibly pedantic man and just quote mining jasjeet.

Running on ultra, looks absolutely superb imo. Much improved over 2010, some lovely little effects added in as well like the flexing wings, marbles, visible tyre wear, debris kicking up from other cars when off line. Tracks look to have more life as well.

AMD Phenom II X4 B60 (quad core) @3.3ghz
4gb RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 550ti 2738mb

Running along nicely at 1080p.

Back