F1 2016: First Screenshots

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 666 comments
Just got the game,first thought is im missing the 'look to apex' setting from Pcars...i just seem to corner better with that feature on a slight setting. Anyone else miss it?

Il post more thoughts later.

Really impressed so far - the career mode seems really in depth and you could spend loads of time in Practice trying to earn the upgrade resources. Im starting right at the bottom with Manor on Expert AI. Got manual starts and pits,so will have to master those! All this extra buildup will make the race even more important - much more engrossing than last years shallow championship mode.

Im excited about upgrading my car through the seasons and also see how the AI improve - there could be some really interesting results.

The engine sounds have been improved,sound more realistic with different exhaust notes,and the other AI cars sounds have been improved as they go around the track. Although once again the engineer is SO quiet through the pad speaker,can hardly hear him on max setting - so ill be using the earphones like last year. The atmosphere on the tracks is really good,makes them feel alive.

The graphics arnt much of a big step up from last year,although the cars and things like helmets look really good close up,a big improvement there. I still feel Pcars has much better 'organic' like lighting effects.

All the cockpit cam are fully customisable which is great...im sticking with my preferred offset tv pod cam.

I love the development aspect so much as I chose haas and we're almost about to pass Williams in terms of development. Now I wonder if I fully develop the car by staying on next season and pass Mercedes, be awesome if Gosjean's performances improve as a result of the car, now that would be awesome.

I'm glad to read the overall positive impressions from players as well the fact that it got a Recommended from Eurogamer. My copy got dispatched on Wednesday so hopefully I'll have it in my mailbox today.

I'm not a massive follower or fan of F1 in general but I'm a sucker for a good racing game and there seems to be enough in this year's game to finally justify a purchase.

Should be fun and interesting once I get the hang of the different tire compunds and the strategies involved.

I'm really confused at the moment, it won't let me change any settings before starting a new career, it forces me to have 100% race, qualifying and practice distance/time, to use the cockpit view and to have maximum difficulty straight away (none of these things I want at least for now) is anyone else getting this?

There are 2 options when you start a career. First one is customizable, second one isn't (don't know what it's called in the English game) and forces you to all these options

@psychoazubi Career and Pro Career - Pro Career is the one that cannot be changed.

This arrived yesterday and I was up until 3 getting all the settings sorted and getting a feel for the race weekend again. I have F1 2015 but it never made it out of the box! F1 2014 probably only lasted a month too before I moved onto other things. Already I am predicting F1 2016 will stick around in my PS4 for a while!

I absolutely love how the car is really driven by the throttle in 2016. I use a controller, and it has always felt "brake, turn, go", but my Manor feels like a living thing which constantly needs attention. I've driven enough laps already to see and try out the different methods of getting around the circuit, both in the dry and in the wet. Great balance and feedback of exactly what the car is doing.

The shakeup of practice is what will keep this going. I normally did a few laps in P1 then skipped to qualifying. There is definitely a need and a benefit to run in practice now though, and I love the telemetry and graphics you get shown once you've completed the objectives, especially the circuit acclimatisation map.

My first qualifying session was wet, which normally would have seen me happy just to complete a lap. I've never been able to match the AI in the wet and initially I thought that would be the same here. The throttle again is the key though, and I started using the throttle to rotate around the corners as well as managing when full throttle can be applied (the downforce needs to be working first!). Very enjoyable feeling like the car was on a knife edge, and rewarding seeing it actually pay off on timing screen (I qualified 14th). Race tonight!

Game crashing for me on steam before I even get to the main menu.

Loving the game so far, even though I have only done about twenty laps of Albert Park. Messed around with the career a bit (my team released me straight into the path of Hamilton), but I think I will focus on learning the circuits in time trial before I make a serious go of it. Really need to get into a rhythm over longer runs; I tend to wind up in the wall on my fourth or fifth lap.

And I love the way you can't pick #17 as your racing number.

There are 2 options when you start a career. First one is customizable, second one isn't (don't know what it's called in the English game) and forces you to all these options
Yeah I realized this a couple of minutes after my post, the way it said short weekend/full made me think it was just a single championship race, my bad

Alright guys 3 hours in here (PST) started my career mode. Difficulty at medium (4 stars or whatever) and did 3 practice sessions and all 3 quali sessions at Melbourne.

First impression; my god this game is fantastic. The handling is great, the graphics look fantastic, and the AI actually is pretty interesting.

I'm playing on PS4 with a G29 and didn't even tweak steering settings or anything it feels great. I'm on Ferrari with Vettel (of course) going into the first race here at Melb. Got 1st in quali (which was surprising but a very good feeling) and am very excited for this manual,
Safety car start 👍

Will update this after the race, but seriously, if you're on the fence about f1 2016, I promise you it's a deff buy, it's literally 3 am here and I am so amped and am having a fantastic time 👍 good stuff Codies

Messed around with the career a bit (my team released me straight into the path of Hamilton),

Clearly Hamilton's fault ;)

Spent an hour or so last night starting a career, only did first practice at Melbourne. Initial impressions are very good. A big improvement from recent efforts. Looking forward to playing this weekend.

Alright guys 3 hours in here (PST) started my career mode. Difficulty at medium (4 stars or whatever) and did 3 practice sessions and all 3 quali sessions at Melbourne.

First impression; my god this game is fantastic. The handling is great, the graphics look fantastic, and the AI actually is pretty interesting.

I'm playing on PS4 with a G29 and didn't even tweak steering settings or anything it feels great. I'm on Ferrari with Vettel (of course) going into the first race here at Melb. Got 1st in quali (which was surprising but a very good feeling) and am very excited for this manual,
Safety car start 👍

Will update this after the race, but seriously, if you're on the fence about f1 2016, I promise you it's a deff buy, it's literally 3 am here and I am so amped and am having a fantastic time 👍 good stuff Codies

Same with me, using g29 and setup was sweet straight away, no need to spend hours before you really play it just getting the feel right. Really good job,few minor bugs here and there but overall improvement is second to none, just the fact AI actually hit each other and brought out the safety car due to debris and a strikened car really made my day. It also rewards the smooth driver, applying the throttle like there's an egg under it, steering as smooth as possible as the slightest movement will send the car of, choosing what kerbs to run wide into as some really unsettle the car, just awesome.

Apparently I suck. Which really confuses me because I don't suck at open wheel racing usually.
Likewise, although open-wheel has never been my forte. Really need to adjust as I'm determined to play without assists.

I'm struggling in this game there isn't much feel when the rearis going to break away, then it just snaps.

Anybody else getting lots of screen tearing? And if so, any ideas on how to cure it?

Clearly Hamilton's fault
It was, actually. I might have been the slower car, but he clobbered me on the apex of Turn 1. There was nothing I could do to avoid it.

I'm struggling in this game there isn't much feel when the rearis going to break away, then it just snaps.

You using a wheel? Because I can feel is when it's about to go. Steering starts to get light for that split instant. They have done a real good job implementing the torque at lower rpm's and the fact that the medium tyre actually isn't as fast as a super soft makes the strategy side of things awesome. Unlike 2015 where there was virtually no handling difference between a hard or soft tyre or you could hide it with setup in 2016 you can't, a hard is a hard, less grip but lasts longer and you really have to stop the car drifting when pushing it and a soft is a soft where you can go balls out with confidence of the grip but wears quickly.

Back