F1 2016 PS4

• Thread starter jonyvf
  • 70 comments
Portugal
Lisbon
jonyvf
Hi guys
My last game of F1 was the F1 2013 on PS3.
The F1 2016 it´s a good game in a PS4?
Should i buy it?
Buy the away,i have a T300 :D

My last F1 game was F1 2013 on X360. I'm on PS4 now and I'm definitely getting F1 2016, from all that I've read about it Codemasters have done a stellar job this year.

This is by far the best F1 game so far.

Its just a bitch in the rain with the DS4, other than that its good so far. Im on Hungary in my first season with McLaren racing on Legend difficulty and managing to win races

Yeah it's a descent game. F1 2015 was great in terms of gameplay and graphics and 2016 improves on it and adds a lot of detail and content.

The only thing I am struggling with a little is the Virtual Safety Car, but other than that it's everything an F1 fan could hope for

Hi everybody, had the game since realise day n loving it. Only thing missing is a hud/dash app!! Does anybody know if there is one or one coming out?? Cheers

My last F1 game was F1 2013 on X360. I'm on PS4 now and I'm definitely getting F1 2016, from all that I've read about it Codemasters have done a stellar job this year.
My last F1 game was before that; I don't even remember the year. After numerous previews and reviews, I purchased 2016. Spent a week getting acclimated to its physics, UI, options. I use DS4, and the biggest adjustment for me (coming from pCARS) was the lack of vibration as feedback for tire grip. There is vibration when locking up and going over curbs. Then I jumped into career mode. Uh oh, begin addiction.

Well.
After 2 hours adjusting the game to my taste i make a quick race in Australia.The manual start ufff...need to adapt.
Then i started a career and for now just complete 2 practice session,but great addiction the system points with some objectives to do.
Now the practise session make sense whitout being boring.
For now i´m loving the game.

Just got it tonight after hearing good things and then the delay of gtsport made my decision easy.

So far it's been fun. Only time trial thus far. It's a good challenge, yet also accessible to everyone it appears based on the assists. It defaulted to having them all on, so i had to turn most off once i realized it was driving for me. LoL.
With all assists off, i was spinning out like crazy. I am currently only using medium tcs i think it is and seems to be a good spot for me.

Anyway, i guess i haven't played long enough to give you a good recommendation yet. Everything sounds positive thus far though.

You need traction control on at least medium if youre using the DS4, i just finished Hockenheim and it was a full wet race. What a pain in my ass

This game...love it
Finish my 4 race at Russia,my first podium (3th place)
Imprivisible weather make me go to the pits 4 times and the last stop at 3 laps to end.
Drop for 4th but recovery one position.
Lots of fun
Without bugs for now.I´m playing ps4

Having a blast so far with this. Doing a career at 100% and really enjoying the practice sessions with the r&d testing.
Even ordered an f1 rim for my t300!
Is this the only f1 thread as don't seem to be many posts for such a popular game?

Just furnished Hungary and really struggled all weekend there for setup. Outside the top ten in all FP sessions and qualified tenth. Ricciardo,my teammate started on pole, his first pole and first time he out qualified me all season. Got a ripper start and made my way into 5 by the first corner, then out braked Hamilton in turn two to take 4th. I couldn't match the pace of Vettel rosberg and Ricciardo ahead of me so they tried to give me an alternative strategy, then who else but Jolyon Palmer making contact with Werhlien to bring out the safety car. Meanwhile it started to rain so as two laps went by Ricciardo and Vettel pitted for inters, a lap later so did rosberg but I stayed out for two laps after the safety car before pitting and it moved me into second behind rosberg after we were racing again. Vettel was behind me some 7 odd seconds and Ricciardo right on his tail. I couldn't catch rosberg but once Ricciardo passed Vettel he hunted me down like a dog and with 5 laps to go I basically let him by hoping he would be able to catch rosberg. He closed the gap but wasn't able to pass him for the win but I finished third after starting tenth and felt quite satisfied as that was all I could do. Now in Germany and Redbull has finally passed Mercedes in development and now leads the field and it's good to see ricciardos performance improve with the car. After a pretty lacklustre first half of the season, he has now emerged as my main contender for the title. He also stole pole from me in hockenhiem, I had pole by 2 tenths over Hamilton with 45 secs to go, he grabs pole of me by 5 tenths, seems I have to step up my game now as it's the second race in a row he has out qualified me.

Baku is my track (at least in career). Time trial most of the times Spa and Hockenheim.
In career mode Canada race the weather forecast was good and also my friend Jeff said via the intercom that everything should be fine. P3 and three laps before the end of the race it suddenly started to rain....hard....I drove in the pit but my pit crew refused to come out. hahaha. bye bye race. And still have a lot of miscommunication with Jeff. He does not always understands my dutch english or english dutch ;) but so much fun with this game.

Just furnished Hungary and really struggled all weekend there for setup. Outside the top ten in all FP sessions and qualified tenth. Ricciardo,my teammate started on pole, his first pole and first time he out qualified me all season. Got a ripper start and made my way into 5 by the first corner, then out braked Hamilton in turn two to take 4th. I couldn't match the pace of Vettel rosberg and Ricciardo ahead of me so they tried to give me an alternative strategy, then who else but Jolyon Palmer making contact with Werhlien to bring out the safety car. Meanwhile it started to rain so as two laps went by Ricciardo and Vettel pitted for inters, a lap later so did rosberg but I stayed out for two laps after the safety car before pitting and it moved me into second behind rosberg after we were racing again. Vettel was behind me some 7 odd seconds and Ricciardo right on his tail. I couldn't catch rosberg but once Ricciardo passed Vettel he hunted me down like a dog and with 5 laps to go I basically let him by hoping he would be able to catch rosberg. He closed the gap but wasn't able to pass him for the win but I finished third after starting tenth and felt quite satisfied as that was all I could do. Now in Germany and Redbull has finally passed Mercedes in development and now leads the field and it's good to see ricciardos performance improve with the car. After a pretty lacklustre first half of the season, he has now emerged as my main contender for the title. He also stole pole from me in hockenhiem, I had pole by 2 tenths over Hamilton with 45 secs to go, he grabs pole of me by 5 tenths, seems I have to step up my game now as it's the second race in a row he has out qualified me.

What difficulty are you racing on though? I hope its at least legend if youre in a red bull and not winning races

Yeah Iam on hardest possible difficulty, mind you I did win the first 5 races of the season and I've won a total of ten now by winning in Germany and spa, both places Ricciardo out qualified me again. I finished second in silverstone and third in Hungary along with a dnf in Canada that was a sure win until two laps to go and the laps stopped counting. Went round again to start what would be the last lap and still didn't count and ended up a lap down so I put it in the wall out of frustration. So I went from first to last while leading the race still. In monza now and just got out qualified by rosberg by 0:00.063 of a second, but Redbull once again ahead of Mercedes now in R&D and leading the field, my next upgrade that is due in Singapore should just keep me just ahead. So good this game. First time I out qualified Ricciardo in the last three races.

You need traction control on at least medium if youre using the DS4, i just finished Hockenheim and it was a full wet race. What a pain in my ass

I'm playing without traction control with a DS4 and loving it. A little more unforgiving that F1 2015, but probably more true to life given the torque those engines make

Back