F1 2016 PS4

• Thread starter jonyvf
  • 70 comments
If you don't have a 4k TV, you won't notice anything, it will still look the same as now. But if you have a 4k TV it would be more "crisper" if you know what I mean? Xbox is doing one as well, it's basically a rich man's Xbox or PlayStation. So society now gets divided by consoles now as well, who would've thought when playing "Alex the Kid" built into your sega mastersytem back in the day.

Hi guys
My last game of F1 was the F1 2013 on PS3.
The F1 2016 it´s a good game in a PS4?
Should i buy it?
Buy the away,i have a T300 :D

Let me tell you, I loved F1 games, but the last I bought was 2013 and did not like. Few days ago i went to my friend house and played F1 2016 with T300Rs and F1 add-on wheel, believe me, was really nice. I just changed a little bit lower FBB, do not change default settings, it's good.

That moment when you see yourself* on the podium after a P2 @baku (last 6 laps wet race). So much fun with the career mode

*at least I tried to look him a little bit like me ;)

A pedal is just the same but you can apply the throttle more smoothly so the peddling gets less frequent but it's still there.

Hi guys
My last game of F1 was the F1 2013 on PS3.
The F1 2016 it´s a good game in a PS4?
Should i buy it?
Buy the away,i have a T300 :D

How is F1 2016? Looking to buy the game.

Gentlemen (I assume) - for any racing enthusiast, this is essential. Codemasters has really outdone themselves this year. First, it was DiRT Rally...which I still think is the best racing sim available...then there's F1 2016. Obviously the grip levels are off the charts and the speed is ridiculous. The FFB (if you're on a wheel) is outstanding. The race format with incentive to actually practice is second to none.
I only got it this past weekend, so I'm still learning the physics. As such, I have the braking assist set to low and traction control on the lowest setting, as I need to get out of "rally mode" and into the exact science of F1 racing...without assists, it's blissfully hard. Anyway, a great simulation of F1 racing and I highly recommend it, for whatever that's worth...

IMO The Grip levels are not enough, when Iwas watching the F1 at Singapore last weekend, I was noticing the lines they where taking where just not possible on the game due to a lack of grip on the slow sections, which really makes Singapore a chore to drive on the game as you can't take the ideal lines.

Guys
Yesterday another patch 1.06?
In my race at Monaco when the safety car appears i need to stand behind Felipe Massa ,with no overtakes,but the guy at bach when i break hard overtake me.
When i overtake him to get my position the speaker alert me to return my position.
The rules are for all or just for me?It´s a bug?
It´s the second race that happened

Thinking about picking this up next month, is it any good with a DS4, and do any changes need to be made to the setup?

Just wondering if you can change your helmet in career mode at all after you have selected one? Should patch that in if not. Also, how do I change teams in career mode? Ive won two championships for redbull now and want to join either Ferrari,mclaren or Williams for a challenge and build them up to where my redbull is now.

Also, how do I change teams in career mode?
You have to get promoted to first driver. Then your efforts need to be appreciated by the team (they'll give you a sponsor bonus). Then you'll eventually get offers from other teams, but higher level teams require more effort.

Well iam at Mexico now on my second season and already won the title for the second time and iam first driver. Won every race but one so far, hopefully that should do it as I really don't want to spend another season with redbull. I've built the car up so much that me and Daniel Ricciardo qualify 1st and 2nd every race and finish that way to.

Well iam at Mexico now on my second season and already won the title for the second time and iam first driver. Won every race but one so far, hopefully that should do it as I really don't want to spend another season with redbull.
I'm pretty sure that there are only some points during the season when offers can be made. I've only ever had them after Silverstone and Abu Dhabi, although I have only just started my third season.

Maybe the fact that you're the top team causes the lack of offers. Maybe the game only gives offers mid-season to go to higher placed teams. So when you're at the top, you don't get any offers.

Maybe that's it?

Yeah I was thinking that before. Be a shame if it is but as Williams is at the bottom behind manor and I would love to bring them to the top and win a championship.

UPDATE

Well I got my wish, I had 4 offers available to me after my 2nd completed season and winning every race but two in my second season along with two championships. I had an offer to stay at redbull for a third year or got to Ferrari,Mercedes or Williams. So I picked Williams as in my career there the last team on development ladder. Qualified 16th in Australia compared to a guaranteed 1st or 2nd if I was in the redbull, massive difference. Redbull are still fastest this season as they are still in the same position from my development. This game gets better and better IMO.

UPDATE 2
Had a tough race, toughest I've had on the game so far and I loved it. Fought my way to eighth position in the race going long on the first stint with the harder tyre, so when everyone else pitted I turned up the fuel mixture and put in laps as fast as I could but still only able to maintain my eighth position behind button. Was able to chase him down abit as my strategy put me on the softer tyre this time but after a couple of laps I couldn't stay with button and I managed to drop back 3 seconds to him at the finish. All in all Iam so satisfied I had to fight hard to just score 4 points

Last edited:
Having a blast so far with this. Doing a career at 100% and really enjoying the practice sessions with the r&d testing.
Even ordered an f1 rim for my t300!
Is this the only f1 thread as don't seem to be many posts for such a popular game?

I haven't got F1 2016 yet but recently bought the F1 wheel and it was such a joy testing it on F1 2014. How quick I can change brake bias without even taking my eyes off the road.

My only gripe with the F1 wheel is how loud the paddle shifters click.

It would be nice with the LED's for the PC version.

Last night I downloaded the Demo from PSN, and what a great F1 game. I have been following Formel1 and seeing it on television since 2007, and it truly now consists on what I like about Formel1.
The introduction to your new team, gives you that great feeling of being a racing driver:tup::).
I will definitely buy this game. I only wish that our name could be mentioned by the commentators, and that we could have more helmets to choose from, and a helmet livery, and to have different caps to choose from. Also, date of birth. To place your name on the suit, helmet, and car.
But, all in all I like the hole package, simply amazing stuff. Thank you Codemasters:cheers:

The other thing I don't like is every team can technically fill there progress bar in r&d to the max. It would be good if each season random teams get the jump on others and don't remain a top team years after you left due to your r&d you did. Should refresh after a couple season if your not still with the same team.

The other thing I don't like is every team can technically fill there progress bar in r&d to the max. It would be good if each season random teams get the jump on others and don't remain a top team years after you left due to your r&d you did. Should refresh after a couple season if your not still with the same team.

I'd like to see the R&D being reset every 3 years, in a 12 year career, for the next game. The first year the competitive order should be as it is in that year's real F1, and at each 3 year R&D reset, the teams' competitive order should be randomised. Have the likelihood of a team being the top team be dependent on the real life team's budget. So technically, Sauber could end up the top team in the random reshuffle, but the likelihood of that happening is quite low, due to them having a tiny budget.

This would be a decent way to kind of simulate how F1 regularly has regulation changes that shake up the competitive order. In the third year of stable development, you could choose to continue developing your car to stay competitive and go for the title, or cease development mid year to save up development points for the next year's reshuffle, in case your team ends up dropping down the grid, you could spend your points to claw some of that back. It would also be nice to have a pre-season test, where you can test out your car and spend your saved up points before the first race of the season.

Just had a fantastic opening race to F1 2016. Stuck it on the expert difficulty and choose a custom race at Malaysia with full qualifying to use as a practice session as such and a 25% race.

Struggled in Q1 getting used to all the different settings you could change and how you can monitor tyres, fuel, talk to the team etc. Was looking everywhere for ERS settings but there's none at all... A far, far cry from the spaceship like complexity of the Ferrari SF15 shortly coming to Assetto Corsa on consoles. All it had to change power settings was three levels of fuel mixture (lean, standard and rich). I kept getting corner cut penalties on my fast laps in Q1 which left me in a shockingly bad 18th considering I'd chose Nico Rosberg. Luckily after almost running out of fuel and coasting around the circuit I managed to pit in, stick on a fresh set of tyres and get round to start a flying lap with 41 seconds left on the clock. The pressure was on to finally deliver a lap and much to my relief I aced a lap with no penalties and finished 4th.

Q2 was slightly less of a struggle as once I got a decent lap in I never felt that threatened. I think I was about 8th or 9th in this session. Q3 I decided to do two flying laps at the start of the session and see where that put me. First lap was decent enough but my second was a disaster so I aborted it and fled back to the pits once more. I didn't feel like I had it in me to go considerably faster so decided to do the cardinal sin of the F1 viewer and stay in the pits and save my tyres...

Lined up on the grid 6th after going through the formation lap. I made a good start and seeing loads of space on the inside I went for the classic Sepang start method of going on the inside of turn 1 which despite leaving you on the outside leaves you up the inside through 3 and also into the breaking zone of 4.

malaysia.gif

With in mind I was fourth at the exit of turn 2 but due to a poorer line lost a place to one of the Red Bulls with Vettel in close company. That inside line tactic paid off and I was past the Red Bull into turn 4 and up into 4th position.

The next stage was a bit of a blur but essentially I made a gap to my pursuers but didn't quite have enough to catch the cars in front. I think due to my tyre saving in Q3 I was the fastest car on track by the end of the first stint. What I didn't account for was the massive front tyre deg and what I believed would be a lap to hopefully jump the leaders was actually a real struggle on badly worn tyres. I was barely able to keep Verstappen behind as we went almost side by side through turn 5.

This is where my luck came in... Despite having a poor in lap it seemed the AI cars that had pitted a lap before i.e the optimum lap had come unstuck in backmarker traffic who had presumably started on the longer lasting hard tyre, so little time was lost. Then Nasr had some sort of issue with his car that made the marshals throw a yellow and the AI cars formed an orderly queue behind him. Just as I caught this snake of cars the track went green so with no hesitation I must have passed 5-6 dawdling cars between corners 9 and 11!

With this stroke of luck I was up to 4th with only Bottas (had pitted), Sainz (hadn't pitted) and Wehrlein (Hadn't pitted) in front. The successors to Rosbergs seat for 2017 would have to be beaten. Sainz pitted almost immediately so that was 3rd. Then Bottas got past Wehrlein and I was able to follow by in the next few corners so it was between me and Bottas for the win. It took a few laps to finally get close enough in the DRS zone and I coolly made a calculated move to not make a divebomb into the last corner and instead used the second DRS zone on the main straight to blow past him and defend on the inside of turn 1.

There wasn't many laps left by this point so I pushed to break the DRS gap and then looked to save fuel as it was getting a little tight. What I didn't count for was that Hamilton was absolutely flying and with just over two laps to go he overtook Bottas into the final corner. Yet he was still 3.3 seconds behind with only two laps to go so no worries... Last lap the gap was down to 2.2 seconds and I was starting to look in my mirrors a little too often.

By the exit of turn 9 the gap was down to 1.6 seconds and I was starting to feel the pressure big time. I got on the power too early exiting turn 11 and had two wheels on the astroturf losing traction and also more time. Coming into the tricky turn 14 Hamilton was right behind me and this was enough to make me miss my breaking point in turn 14.

I thought he'd got me there and then but luckily his line through 14 didn't allow him to nip through on the inside coming onto the back straight. At this point I knew he'd have DRS and would go for a pass into the final corner. I knew it'd be over if he got that inside line so stayed rigidly to the inside all the way down the straight. He blasted past on the outside with DRS advantage so I stuck it down the inside under breaking. I slightly overran the apex and was waiting for Hamilton to get me on the cutback and leave me devastated on my first race.

What actually happened was Hamilton seemed to have flashbacks to the start of the 2015 US Grand Prix where he seemed unable to turn the wheel quite enough. He hit my rear and we both went spinning on the exit of the final corner on the final lap! I hit the barrier with a force that would've certainly broke the rear wheel of my car but being a game I scampered back onto the track where despite my luck it looked like Bottas would pip me on the line. The fantastic marshals had deployed a yellow almost the instant both the cars were spinning and a very switched on Bottas spotted the yellow and slotted in behind me as I made the last few metres to the line.

A win in my first race in the most dramatic circumstances with Lewis sulking down in 5th was brilliant. Maybe not the best driving game but what a racing game!

Last edited:
Awesome write up, sounds like you had a very enjoyable and exciting first race. What I've found with this game is that it always has a surprise in store each race.

Awesome write up, sounds like you had a very enjoyable and exciting first race. What I've found with this game is that it always has a surprise in store each race.

Thanks. Good to hear because the race was great fun. Regarding surprises the engineer was saying it was going to rain at some point but luckily it was only a few drops around the last few corners.

Just the strategy element is brilliant and so much fun. I can't remember what circuit I was on, think is was Canada but I qualified 9th in the Williams as I struggled all through out qually. Race day and my softs were pretty hammered early on so the engineer asked if I wanted to pit early and since i was struggling I opted for that choice. Turned out to be perfect as I was easily quicker than anyone else on the harder tyre and was able to go quite long and leap frog 6 cars and go for a short sprint on softs at the end which gave me second place. It was real enjoyable as I got a massive sense of satisfaction for changing a strategy and pulling it of for a much better than predicted result.

I won my first career race in the first season in a Sauber on Master AI, no assists, 100% distance in Shanghai because it started raining during the race, then dried out sometime later. The AI all pitted at least 5 times while I only pitted 3 times. So at one point I was leading by a little over 30 seconds. Then in the last 10 laps or so, Raikkonen stared catching me at around 3 seconds a lap, and I ended up winning by less than 2 seconds. When it was raining there was a period when it rained hard enough that it would have been better on full wets than intermediates, so all the AI pitted but I ignored my engineer and stayed out. I lost a bunch of time, but not nearly as much as a pit stop. Then about 10 laps later the rain decreased and all the AI pitted again for intermediates while I was already on intermediates.

I won my first career race in the first season in a Sauber on Master AI, no assists, 100% distance in Shanghai because it started raining during the race, then dried out sometime later. The AI all pitted at least 5 times while I only pitted 3 times. So at one point I was leading by a little over 30 seconds. Then in the last 10 laps or so, Raikkonen stared catching me at around 3 seconds a lap, and I ended up winning by less than 2 seconds. When it was raining there was a period when it rained hard enough that it would have been better on full wets than intermediates, so all the AI pitted but I ignored my engineer and stayed out. I lost a bunch of time, but not nearly as much as a pit stop. Then about 10 laps later the rain decreased and all the AI pitted again for intermediates while I was already on intermediates.

I've had a bunch of races like this. It's really cool how many strategic options the game gives you. The best races are the ones where some of the AI drivers are taking strategic risks as well. I've even had races where I've played it safe and pitted when my engineer told me to in changing conditions, and a few AI drivers have stayed out and taken the risk.

The races feel so dynamic and the AI can feel so alive with the way they change their strategies on the fly.

Back