F1 2017 Game General Discussion

Ive just finished season 7 and i FINALLY won the championship in the Haas! Hamilton dominated seasons 3,4 & 5...and then i lost out to Raikkonen by 3 points last season!

But ive managed to develop the car up with Mercedes,Red Bull,Ferrari & Force India now. Red Bull are actually top of the teams on development but their drivers are shocking - theyve just come 8th & 9th in the championship!

Ive just moved to Red Bull for season 8 - putting it up to 90% AI.

Extremely late to this party, but at £10.99 (PS store discount) you really can't go wrong.

Last F1 game I bought was '15. Really enjoyed it even though it was very bare bones, but this iteration (and '18 for that matter) are incredible leaps forward.

Played the '17 trial first, the opening race at Australia as 2nd Renault driver. Reasonable pace in practice, top 10 but a wet qualifying rained on my parade (pun intended), barely out qualifying the Saubers into 17th place.

Into the race, hoping for a decent race, my pace was much better. Some great battles with Max V and Daniel R, Finished in 5th after a very hard fought 1 stop strategy.

Will continue with Renault for the foreseeable future.

Fantastic game.

*disclaimer, I'm on 50ai until I properly get to grips with the handling, ai and everything else

Extremely late to this party, but at £10.99 (PS store discount) you really can't go wrong.

Last F1 game I bought was '15. Really enjoyed it even though it was very bare bones, but this iteration (and '18 for that matter) are incredible leaps forward.

Played the '17 trial first, the opening race at Australia as 2nd Renault driver. Reasonable pace in practice, top 10 but a wet qualifying rained on my parade (pun intended), barely out qualifying the Saubers into 17th place.

Into the race, hoping for a decent race, my pace was much better. Some great battles with Max V and Daniel R, Finished in 5th after a very hard fought 1 stop strategy.

Will continue with Renault for the foreseeable future.

Fantastic game.

*disclaimer, I'm on 50ai until I properly get to grips with the handling, ai and everything else

I agree its easily the best F1 game theyve made - the depth of the R&D is great. Imo they dont really need to change much for '18....id just like to see maybe more incidents in races like the AI making genuine mistakes and spinning out etc.

They do sometimes make an error by locking up in 2017 and going off the track....but id just like to see even more hehe.

Hello, guys!
Does anyone use "SIM Dashboard" app for F1 2017?
Or any other telemetry app ?
I find it really cool, if you can insert all useful informations on it.
Have a prefered display setting on it ?

Hello everyone,

I’m more of a WRC person and always will be. But I’ve always been a lowkey fan of F1 too. I’ve heard really good things about F1 2017, and figured that this would be the best place to ask.

I’ve just bought F1 2016 for a taster, but I want to properly get into the latest F1 game(s). Would anyone recommend me starting off with F1 2017 to help me develop more interest into F1?

I know F1 2018 is right around the corner but I’ll most likely get that for Christmas.

I’m sorry if I’ve worded this a bit wrongly. It’s 5am and I need to be up at 12:30pm because I was thinking of getting F1 2017. :D £22 in Cex.

Today's live stream is up season 3 Race 2

Online stream is up for today

Career mode season 3 Race 2 is live and up

Last edited:
Hello friends, I just wanted your opinion. I have F1 2016 game, and use a controller only as it’s on my XBox (I use a wheel for all of my PS4 driving sims), and F1 2017 is now really cheap on the PS4 in the PS Store. My question is; should I get F1 2017? How much better is it, realistically, than F1 2016? I will definitely not buy F1 2018 as I use interior cockpit view only and I don’t like the halo.
Thank you m8s.

MC

Hello friends, I just wanted your opinion. I have F1 2016 game, and use a controller only as it’s on my XBox (I use a wheel for all of my PS4 driving sims), and F1 2017 is now really cheap on the PS4 in the PS Store. My question is; should I get F1 2017? How much better is it, realistically, than F1 2016? I will definitely not buy F1 2018 as I use interior cockpit view only and I don’t like the halo.
Thank you m8s.

MC
You know you can disable the middle section of the halo in your view?

Thank you m8s.

MC
I think it's perfectly fine with the middle column removed.

On top of that, F1 2018 is a massive improvement over any previous installments. I haven't tried alot of the 2012-2017 games, but enough to notice the difference.

Picture from Google just for reference.
maxresdefault.jpg

The improvement in Ai (to me at least) is worth the price of the new game alone.
Most definitely.

In the 2018 edition, they will give you alot of pressure and challenges, which is most welcome.

You give them an inch, they take a mile etc. :P

when will sony allow cross platform?.....Would this not increase everyone's experience?
No one knows, if ever.

Yes it would, but it might decrease sale on consoles/accessories/games on Sony's platform(s). And doing something that potentially can make you less money is a no-go from anyone.

However, I would very much appreciate a cross platform opportunity, specially in games that are so similar.

Hello everyone,

Bought F1 2017 today, second hand for € 10 so I thought it was a reasonable price + the code for the special dlc, the McLaren Mp4/4, was still able to download.

I've driven some laps now with ds4 controller and what enoys me, is the fake feel of oversteer. I've never felt it this way in a GT game or any other racegame. The oversteer is programmed like a kind of understand, but instead of driving in a straight line to the outside like understeer is, this fake oversteer reacts feels the same, instead of going to the outside, the 'steering' will continueing the arc that you've set while cornering and your car will go that way.. it feels strange, unnatural.

What can I do to solve this, I guess it's a basic thing in setting up the camber and toe + downforce ?! As far as I've tried, the kind of setting in this game are different than GranTurismo. Any tips/tricks for a better feel?

Back