F1 2017 - Logitech G29 steering settings, what to use?

• Thread starter Mr Satay
  • 10 comments
Australia
Australia
S1CKO666
Hey there, so pretty much ever since F1 2015 on current gen consoles I just have not been able to get to grips with these F1 games, Im no where near as fast or as confident as I was on PS3, where I used a G27 so pretty much same wheel.

What settings does everyone use in the game? Any recommendations? Currently I leave everything default except linearity which is on 5 and degrees of rotation is about 300, but the cars still feel awful, Im sure Im not the only one who thinks the newer games just do not feel right.

Force feedback settings are all around 30 also, for off track, rumble strips etc. I wish this game could just feel like Gran Turismo in the steering department, its just so meh the past few years.

Anyone have any input here on their settings? I just got the game and first quick try with my g29 was a world different than experience in gt sport and pc2. Funnily enough I also just got dirt rally (same publisher?) and the wheel feel is EXACTLY the same. Very tight and firm tons of ffb and hardly any movement of wheel needed to get full lock. I'd expect f1 to be like this but thought rally would be looser. I'm not complaining give me tightness any day but any tips for settings before I start playing these games would be very welcome.
Thanks

My F1 2017 FFB settings on G29 / PS4 Pro are.

Vibration & FFB: On
Vibration & FFB Strength: 68
On Track Effects: 27
Rumblestrip Effects: 25
Off Track Effects: 25
Wheel Weight: 100
Maximum Wheel Rotation: 540°
Understeer Enhance: On

Give them a go and let us know what you think.

Thanks for these settings, they work quite well with the g27 as well and the Cronus plus pro.

I use a G29,too and I wonder what îs the best button configuration for You, especially about the panel shortcuts.
I'd like to have Best shortcut buttons for changing fuel from lean to Rich during race and other stuffs like that. What's your best buttons configuration ?

Btw, good setup ! I only changed 540° to 360, i feel better with less steering, I guess, but the others are good for me, too. Had too much fx from road surface and my wheel started to bleed :P

Btw, good setup ! I only changed 540° to 360, i feel better with less steering, I guess, but the others are good for me, too. Had too much fx from road surface and my wheel started to bleed :P

Cheers for that. I too have changed from 540° to 360 since my initial post. Just takes a few laps to get used to the quick steering after playing other racing games.

I use a G29,too and I wonder what îs the best button configuration for You, especially about the panel shortcuts.
I'd like to have Best shortcut buttons for changing fuel from lean to Rich during race and other stuffs like that. What's your best buttons configuration ?
I've got a button box which I use for additional buttons

Wow this game gets it right with the wheel! I only got my G29 last year so my experiences are limited but this game feels great, better than GT Sport and even better than PC2.

I didn't even know that a semi hard lock was possible! Why on Earth doesn't every racing game do this??

Back