F1 2017 Photomode Thread

Discussion in 'F1 2017' started by Terronium-12, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

As you know by now this year's F1 game features an exclusive photo mode for PC players. If you didn't know that what are you doing here? Go read the review right now! Come Friday you'll be able to share your favorite shots with everyone here and that goes for console players as well — you aren't being left out!

Of course I'll kick things off. I'm open to requests if you have them. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Disappointing that this is just for PC. Looks great though good shots @Terronium-12

torque99 and Terronium-12 like this.
  3. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sebmugi, Bricks50, mazda787 and 6 others like this.
  4. torque99

torque99

Looks great detail in the scenery and lighting on the cars @Terronium-12 Nice shots :tup:

Terronium-12 likes this.
  5. Mr. S

Mr. S Premium

Great screens brother, looks great! :)

Terronium-12 likes this.
  6. ykiki

ykiki

The shots look fantastic! I like photo modes in various games, so as a console guy I'll miss out. I'll just have to watch this thread instead. ;)

Since you're taking requests, how about an FW14B at Silverstone (Copse) or a 412 T2 at Monza?

Terronium-12 and torque99 like this.
  7. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

@ykiki

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Click for full 4K-ness.)

I'll have to re-shoot the Ferrari. I'm not fond of any of the pictures taken other than this one which I shot before your request.

[​IMG]

sebmugi, Bricks50, mazda787 and 5 others like this.
  8. ykiki

ykiki

@Terronium-12 - Those are great shots. Thanks!

Seeing the FW14B reminds me that I've got a Tamiya 1/12 FW14B (that I built 25 years ago) still sitting somewhere in my parents' basement.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    barryf1fan, FMW and torque99 like this.
  9. kayto101

kayto101

Yeah us console players are still being left out. Bad of codemasters.

10. Johna Mortier

Johna Mortier

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? When I tried to use the photo mode I only could see the back of the car and could only change the height and turn left or right/up and down. I could turn around in the photo mode but the only thing I can see is the track and the back of the car not the picture above here from the front and the side of the car.

11. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

Obvious question: console or PC?

Following that, were you able to adjust any of the camera settings? You may not have pressed the menu or options buttons to enter the mode.

12. Johna Mortier

Johna Mortier

PC and button n°8 for me is to enter the photomode which I did, see these pictures
    The 1st picture is me turning left, the 2nd one turning up to the sky. The 3th one was just going diagonal, the fourth and fifth one was up and down, and then the 3 last pictures was just to show that this is the only thing I could do, I could only see the track behind when I turn left or right or just the back of the car

Attached Files:

13. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

Ah I see the issue — for some reason there's nothing mapped allowing directional movement. What wheel are you using? You may need to have a controller handy because I can't work out a way to map that.

14. Johna Mortier

Johna Mortier

I'm using the thrustmaster t300, so do you mean that first icon? Maybe I can take scrn shots of my controls?

15. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

Yes, the first icon. Unfortunately I had a look through mine when using a pad and there's nothing specifically mapped for photo mode controls, but a less attractive solution is using the keyboard: WASD controls directional movement and Home/Del/End/PDown controlling rotation.

BlacqueJacques and Johna Mortier like this.
  16. Johna Mortier

Johna Mortier

Stupid not to think about using the keyboard for the photomode :p but it helped so thank for it ;)

Terronium-12 likes this.
  17. RoarkeBouffe

RoarkeBouffe

Hey guys,

Pretty new to this game and F1 in general, but I'm really enjoying the photo mode. Let me know what you guys think :D

RBP_f1--5.jpg RBP_f1-.jpg RBP_f1--2.jpg RBP_f1--3.jpg RBP_f1--5.jpg RBP_f1--6.jpg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    torque99, calvins48, Bricks50 and 4 others like this.
  18. Smokey Nismo

Smokey Nismo

So... I'm back here again.

Scuderia Ferrari vs Mercedes AMG Petronas - Title Rivals

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a bonus image:

[​IMG]

And one I wasn't fond of but I figured I'll show anyway:
    [​IMG]

19. Theufcveteran

Theufcveteran

Wow, these almost look real! A testament to how far we've come, eh? LOVE the third shot. Beautiful. Such a shame there isn't one on PS4, I hope it gets added in a patch eventually. Or else I might have to get it for PC haha.

torque99 and ykiki like this.
  20. FMW

FMW

We still make that model kit. It's technically the very last F-1 model in 1/12 scale that was designed from the ground up.

torque99 and ykiki like this.
  21. G_Parrilla

G_Parrilla

Just got the game, having some fun.

[​IMG]

22. Theufcveteran

Theufcveteran

Man how I hope this comes to PS4 and XB1. Lee Mather said the plan was PC first, then they hope to get it onto consoles. I'm addicted to great photo modes, I can spend ages on a single image just to get it right, how's the versatility with this one? Heard it's awesome.

torque99 likes this.
  23. G_Parrilla

G_Parrilla

It's pretty similar to Gran Turismo photomode. So yeah, it's awesome.

torque99 and Theufcveteran like this.
  24. BlacqueJacques

BlacqueJacques

I think I now know how to rotate the camera, but where is the folder with the pics; still can not find the folder :dunce: And now an ad is in the way of the post reply button; I know ads are needed GTP, but frustrating where they are located and can not minimize in order to see post button :confused:

25. Bricks50

Bricks50

PS4 Pro
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    ApparitionLOD, sebmugi and torque99 like this.
  26. Demetrius 81

Demetrius 81

27. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Exactly why do people still have this attitude towards a developer having something or releasing updates on PC first then consoles? The latest patch now has photo mode available on Xbox One and PS4 so they aren't "leaving" you out.

28. kayto101

kayto101

Please look when I first put that comment up, yeah that was a long time ago now. Look how long it's taken them to added to PS and xbox. it should have been in from day 1.

29. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

I saw when you put that up, doesn't change the fact its abit on the whingey side. If you were being "Left out", you wouldn't get it in the first place as oppose to a few months after release. This seems like nothing more then the classic pompous "gimme gimme" attitude from a console player wanting everything the PC players have at the same time regardless of the process or inner workings that sometimes don't make that possible (The approval process from Sony/Microsoft being one example of later updates) and I say this as a longtime console player.

30. Odnomre

Odnomre

My humble addition: [​IMG]

sebmugi and torque99 like this.