F1 2017 Photomode Thread

I should try being impossibly bored more often, because this is what I ended up cooking:
37893388706_990644194c_c.jpg

26171069709_a435f3a5ac_c.jpg

26171067779_b23f51bf80_c.jpg

37946586241_50e1d993db_c.jpg

I need to sort out the sponsor position and the helmet spoiler, but I have to admit, the results are astonishing.

Last edited:
I picked up the full game in the Jan Sale. Changing the time of day and the detail in this Photo mode is amazing, stopping and looking around the tarmac, puddles etc. A big step up from Dirt4 game Engine from Codies (I am sure the new DC Evo team are behind it ;)). I hope their next game has this photo mode and attention to detail.

Last edited:
These are excellent Torque!!

Here's a couple of my RC F1's

Alonso R25 - I got the blues off a bit. . . and need to finish the helmet.

enhance

Hamilton's McLaren

enhance

Massa's Williams and my current racer RC

enhance

And the backup

enhance

obligatory Ferrari

enhance
@barryf1fan :cheers: Wow nice F1 RC collection there! You must be very good at RC as there is no damage to them :sly: I had Tamiya petrol Buggies years ago growing up but there wasn't much left of the body work!

These look fantastic models to keep hold of 👍

@barryf1fan :cheers: Wow nice F1 RC collection there! You must be very good at RC as there is no damage to them :sly: I had Tamiya petrol Buggies years ago growing up but there wasn't much left of the body work!

These look fantastic models to keep hold of 👍

Thanks torque99!! Not so much good at it - actually I'm a decent driver but get whipped at big races :lol: but I do enjoy the heck out of it. I was becoming a bit of an RC F1 hoarder... I had 19 of them :eek:. But have recently started selling some of the old ones, or ones I don't use, off as they were just sitting on the shelf. I still have 8 or 9 of them and will probably let a couple more go.

I just love pretty much everything F1 and usually buy Codies F1 game for both PS4 and Xbone... my kids are 20 & 17 and when they move out of the house I have permission from the better half to turn one of their rooms into a "gaming room" and will go PC and get a rig/wheel setup. Looking forward to that!

Keep posting your images from F1 2017 though - I love'em! :cheers:

Here's a couple of my 4wd touring cars.

Team Associated TC6.1 Worlds Car
enhance

Team Associated TC7 (with my VBC 1/12th scale in there too)
enhance

Freshly built Team Associated TC7.1
enhance

And bonus - VBC Lightning 10 WGT-R pan car

enhance

Anyway, thanks for letting me share (whore out) my addiction in your photo thread!! 👍

Anyway, thanks for letting me share (whore out) my addiction in your photo thread!! 👍

Thanks @barryf1fan They are cool and a great collection, I am glad you posted them it makes a nice change from 'virtual photos' ^^^ 👍 This F1 Photo thread is not one I set up and is for everyone (but I seem to be the only one posting lately :P) :cheers:

I have two new Team Associated F6 F1's that I need to do bodies for. . . Want to do an R.S.17 and an STR12

Team-Associated-RC10F6-Factory-Team-Car-Kit-2.jpg

i already have both of them built with wings, and a body for one, just need for F1PaintLab to get the decals back in stock and order another body. :gtpflag:

Thanks @barryf1fan This game is great for 4K detail. I was inspired by your cars to take some more shots ~ coming soon when I upload them later :cheers:

I need to save up my pennies and get a 4k TV and a new PS4 Pro or Xbox One X... does it really make that much of a difference?? I don't really know anyone that has a 4k tv and a new console - the one's I do know game on PC.

I need to save up my pennies and get a 4k TV and a new PS4 Pro or Xbox One X... does it really make that much of a difference?? I don't really know anyone that has a 4k tv and a new console - the one's I do know game on PC.

It didn't at first with normal games on boost mode just sharper pictures. But these last few months games that have been made for Pro 4K really do make a difference, especially the detail and in photo mode you notice the textures and the fine details.
This F1 game has one of the best lighting, reflections and details on the cars I have seen up close with hardly any jaggies. If you ever get a 4K HDR TV then I recommend the PS4 Pro. I haven't got an Xbox One X yet but that maybe something I look out for in the future with Forza/FH3 now in 4K 👍

Thanks for the reply, @torque99, maybe I can sell off some of my R/C addiction to fund a new tv and console!! . . . Naaahh! :lol:
Actually, we just bought an entire kitchen of appliances so it will be at least 6 months or so before I even get steak again. . .

Those images you post look like a high-end PC capture!! :eek: Will definitely be looking into the new TV and PS4 Pro - you know, Christmas is coming up. :sly:

Btw, absolutely love the Williams trio and the McLaren shots - only thing better would be Senna's helmet!

btw @torque99, I just got my first pole in that game Tuesday night. Out qualified Hammy by 0.021"s. Championship @ Canada. Probably put in 50-75 laps in TT before I started the weekend. I'm in the McLaren, and yes, before you ask I think the AI is around 50-55% (what can I say, I'm slow, even if I am a huge fan). I ended up finishing the race in 5th only because I stayed out when it started to rain and made my car W---I---D---E the last couple of laps. :lol: I actually finished 4th but got a 3 second penalty for two moves blocking and Raikkonen was the one I was blocking. Still felt pretty good finishing that high up!!

Off to Azerbaijan.

@barryf1fan I'm not that fast on this game yet as it is the first F1 game I have had in a long time, but the handling is good on the DS4 and I enjoy the races and the Pit stops even if I come in 10th. Some AI do not leave too much room next to you and I do seem to catch a few on the tighter circuit corners :ill: I haven't got round to trying on the wheel yet as I have been working my way round the settings and photo mode. All good so far and liking it. Good job by Codies :cheers:

Last edited:
#PS4 Pro

I have to say it again, this photo mode is one of the best I have used for up close detail on the PS4 Pro, with the benefit of time of day, numerous filters and1/30sec shutter speed and good Aperture (blur) it is so easy to get good shots every time. :bowdown:

^^ It looks like Formula One Game liked these Mclaren retro shots 👍

That's awesome man!! Your shots here, the PC, PC2, and AC Origins threads are some of the best I've seen on the internets. You have a talent for it, most definitely.

That's awesome man!! Your shots here, the PC, PC2, and AC Origins threads are some of the best I've seen on the internets. You have a talent for it, most definitely.

Cheers, I wouldn't call it a talent as such (or what I can do with this virtual Console talent!) as it is not as well known as real photography. But it is the photography aspect that I like (I am doing an art course & photography as a hobby along side it), I just enjoy messing with the technical settings of the photo modes (Like a real DSLR settings) to get the best pictures i can with the tools. The photo modes are getting better and better even in the last 3 years I have been practicing now they are mostly in 4k. I'm not sure what to do with them all, so they end up on my HDD!.:P

You haven't seen my fave HZD & GT Sport photos then :sly:

Last edited:
Love the McLaren and the Seb/Ferrari shots - they're all great, of course, but those are excellent. I sure hope McLaren makes a resurgence this year. I hate seeing them so far back, and really want someone to knock the Silver Arrows down a notch or two, preferably McLaren and RB... I'm ready for Australia!!

Back